Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: John Dehlin (Mormon Stories) and Kate Kelly (Ordain Women) threatened with excom

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    well......consider Libby this verse...

Psalm 34:18

http://biblehub.com/psalms/34-18.htm
    Yes....I don't think she is "crushed" yet, but it could be coming...

alanmolstad

So...I take it that the girl in this story had to go though the Mormon version of excommunication?

Im not sure what they will mean for her personally?

But I also am not sure what new turns the story will now take?

Has there been any new news about her?...a statement"?...Im not sure.

I have no real information on the lady, but most people have some type of on-line life......perhaps I might do a little looking around and find out whats new?

Libby

This is a very good (and in depth) 2 hour interview with Kate Kelly, talking about Ordain Women from the very beginning all the way through the excommunication of Kate.

http://athoughtfulfaith.org/063a-con...-and-optimist/

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    No, it wouldn't. A fundamental change would be, if the church did away with the priesthood, altogether...or some other major change in doctrine.

Did the church change "fundamentally", when blacks were given the priesthood?
    Hi Libby:

I'll leave the "fundamental" argument with you--but there is a story about Korah and those who tried to take the priesthood upon themselves--and the consequences:

Numbers 16:22-35---King James Version (KJV)
    22 And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?
    23 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
    24 Speak unto the congregation, saying, Get you up from about the tabernacle of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram.
    25 And Moses rose up and went unto Dathan and Abiram; and the elders of Israel followed him.
    26 And he spake unto the congregation, saying, Depart, I pray you, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of their's, lest ye be consumed in all their sins.
    27 So they gat up from the tabernacle of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, on every side: and Dathan and Abiram came out, and stood in the door of their tents, and their wives, and their sons, and their little children.
    28 And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the Lord hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind.
    29 If these men die the common death of all men, or if they be visited after the visitation of all men; then the Lord hath not sent me.
    30 But if the Lord make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down quick into the pit; then ye shall understand that these men have provoked the Lord.
    31 And it came to p***, as he had made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground clave asunder that was under them:
    32 And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods.
    33 They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation.
    34 And all Israel that were round about them fled at the cry of them: for they said, Lest the earth swallow us up also.
    35 And there came out a fire from the Lord, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense.