Read something kind of shocking (to me) on a Facebook group, I belong to. One the participants posted this quote from R. C. Sproul.

On earth even atheists enjoy the benefits of God’s goodness. But in hell, these blessings will be nonexistent. Those consigned there will remember God’s goodness, and will even have some awareness of the unending pleasures of heaven, but they will have no access to them.

This does not mean that God will be completely absent from hell. He is and will remain omnipresent (Ps. 139:7–8). To be separated from the Lord and cast into hell does not mean that a person will finally be free of God. That person will remain eternally accountable to Him. He will remain Lord over the person’s existence. But in hell, a person will be forever separated from God in His kindness, mercy, grace, and goodness. He will be consigned to deal with Him in His holy wrath.
http://www.ligonier.org/blog/4-truths-about-hell/

I have always thought of "hell" (if there is such a place) as being a complete absence of God. I have always had trouble with anthropomorphizing of God...giving him negative human attributes, like anger and hate.

Opinions?