Thread: Eastern Orthodoxia : The Christian antidote to cultism.

Christodoulos

Default Eastern Orthodoxia : The Christian antidote to cultism.

With over 20.000 separate "Christian" denominations in America alone ,the demonic spirit of division is the only real cult taking its toll in the life of the Body of Christ.

Eastern Orthodoxy is not a static belief system but has maintained the beliefs of the apostolic age and has brought them forward to our time. By using ritual ,liturgy , ikonography and ancient hymnology it projects an unparalleled appeal to one's aesthetic values ,in which it hopes to capture spiritual truths within the context of human emotion.

For non orthodox , I admit it all can seem strangely foreign . But ,I can tell you with some certainty that If you enter in with a desire to learn and to communicate by the spirit of Christ ,you will wonder where have you been all these years. It's powerful stuff. The way it was meant to be.

But ,no snake handling , no wall climbing ,no jumping up and down ,or speaking in gibberish here . This is apostolic ;church father's apostolic, only!

cheachea

I'm really interested in Orthodoxy. I respect the Orthodox so much. Check this out :

Christodoulos

can you say why orthodox and not catholic

cheachea

Quote Originally Posted by Christodoulos View Post
    can you say why orthodox and not catholic
    For Me Personally, it would be because I don't agree with Papal Infallibility or Papal Supremacy. Also, some of the history of the Roman Church is a real turn off honestly. The Orthodox seem to have less blood on there hands.

It was interesting to learn about the schism between East and West in 1054 A.D.

cheachea

I like the 1582 A.D. Rheims New Testament Though.

Christodoulos

Quote Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
    For Me Personally, it would be because I don't agree with Papal Infallibility or Papal Supremacy. Also, some of the history of the Roman Church is a real turn off honestly. The Orthodox seem to have less blood on there hands.

It was interesting to learn about the schism between East and West in 1054 A.D.
    The catholics despite their history and dubious claims seem to have their act together., They have pretty good schools ,hospitals, and so on.

Sadly, the orthodox can't seem to get sufficiently organized to repair a collapsing church [in the usa] or to provide christian education for their youngsters. Or even a little generosity to their needy or elderly.

The orthodox laity are responsible for the administration and the finances of the church at the local parish level . The church board of directors are as corrupt as you can get ;and the clergy fall in line. The clergy are paid by the board ;they are both hired and fired by the board . The Bishop is aloof to the internal goings on . And he usually falls in line in the direction of where his bread is ****ered on.

While orthodoxia has a more inspiring liturgia ,it fails in providing a credible stewardshipia.