Thread: The Earth is not Flat.

Christodoulos

Default The Earth is not Flat.

Evolution is a scientific discovery which simply demonstrates natural development. It doesn't prove that man descended from cheetah . It does state that man evolved from an ape-like being into what he is today.

What this proves from a Biblical point of view is that scriptures were never intended to be used as a scientific text book.

And there's no reason to believe they were ever so used ..

Why worry about it . All scientific discovery has a spiritual component to it.

You don't believe the Earth is flat ,do you?

So ,why not believe in Evolution. It comes down to the same thing.

Christodoulos

O.K. so you don't agree with me.. You don't like evolutionary thinking in human biology . And you have a right to disagree ...clearly you do.

So, you also have the right to tell me where did Black people come from? not from me they didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Christodoulos View Post
    O.K. so you don't agree with me.. You don't like evolutionary thinking in human biology . And you have a right to disagree ...clearly you do.

So, you also have the right to tell me where did Black people come from? not from me they didn't!
    Hello Christodoulos,

I think there are a few questions a little more important than where black people came from. If it takes intelligence to make an arrowhead, why doesn’t it take vastly more intelligence to create a human? Do you really believe that bacteria will turn into people if you wait long enough? And where did the bacteria come from?
    Where has macroevolution ever been observed? What is the mechanism for getting new complexity, such as new vital organs? If any of the thousands of vital organs we see in life evolved, how could the organism have lived before getting the vital organ? If a reptile’s leg evolved into a bird’s wing, as evolutionists claim, wouldn’t the leg become a bad leg long before it became a good wing? If macroevolution happened, where are the billions of transitional fossils that should be there? Billions! Not a handful of questionable transitions. Why don’t we see a smooth transition among all living creatures, or in the fossil record, or both?

Christodoulos

"I think there are a few questions a little more important than where black people came from."

Oh really?

"If it takes intelligence to make an arrowhead, why doesn’t it take vastly more intelligence to create a human?"

Answer: It does take more intelligence.

"Do you really believe that bacteria will turn into people if you wait long enough? And where did the bacteria come from?"

Answer: I have no way of knowing what bacteria will do. In the short term or in the long term. And where it came from ,I'll guess and say it evolved .

"Where has macroevolution ever been observed? "
    Answer: Refer to my question about the origins of Black race people.

"What is the mechanism for getting new complexity, such as new vital organs? If any of the thousands of vital organs we see in life evolved, how could the organism have lived before getting the vital organ? If a reptile’s leg evolved into a bird’s wing, as evolutionists claim, wouldn’t the leg become a bad leg long before it became a good wing?"

Answer: Genome research clearly indicates residual genetic material in DNA capable of recombining into various biological traits ;many of which become useful and remain as permanent.

"If a reptile’s leg evolved into a bird’s wing, as evolutionists claim, wouldn’t the leg become a bad leg long before it became a good wing? "

Answer: Incremental development allows for bad legs to eventually become good legs ;if the environment is friendly to those with bad legs.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.
    In the land of the lame the one legged man is a marathon runner.
    thanks for the conversation!

Evolution is a scientific discovery which simply demonstrates natural development. It doesn't prove that man descended from cheetah . It does state that man evolved from an ape-like being into what he is today.

What this proves from a Biblical point of view is that scriptures were never intended to be used as a scientific text book.

And there's no reason to believe they were ever so used ..

Why worry about it . All scientific discovery has a spiritual component to it.

You don't believe the Earth is flat ,do you?

So ,why not believe in Evolution. It comes down to the same thing.
    Hello C,

You said the scriptures were never intended to be used as a scientific text book, so a logical question would be what is the intended purpose of the scriptures?
    The scriptures reveal the nature, power and character of God, His plan and purpose for humanity and what our response to Him needs to be. God is very specific from Genesis to Revelation concerning sin, salvation, His commands and what His Kingdom will be. The same is true for creation. The scriptures tell us that God created Adam and Eve and in Mat. 19:4 Jesus refers to this,“Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female". It seems to me that Jesus should be given more credibility than Darwin. There are many who say that one doesn't have to believe everything in the Bible, such as creation, the flood, the bodily resurrection of Christ but they are wrong. God is trustworthy and the scriptures are the same.

Christodoulos

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Hello C,

You said the scriptures were never intended to be used as a scientific text book, so a logical question would be what is the intended purpose of the scriptures?
    The scriptures reveal the nature, power and character of God, His plan and purpose for humanity and what our response to Him needs to be. God is very specific from Genesis to Revelation concerning sin, salvation, His commands and what His Kingdom will be. The same is true for creation. The scriptures tell us that God created Adam and Eve and in Mat. 19:4 Jesus refers to this,“Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female". It seems to me that Jesus should be given more credibility than Darwin. There are many who say that one doesn't have to believe everything in the Bible, such as creation, the flood, the bodily resurrection of Christ but they are wrong. God is trustworthy and the scriptures are the same.
    The scriptures were written by inspiration for the singular purpose of inspiring those who read them.
    What inspires readers in one era ,fails to do so in another.
    In one age, scriptures condemn the eating of Shrimp as an abomination. In another time , children were to be executed for disobeying parents. and so on.

Creation story was written in the only way it could've been written at the time it was written, and in a way that the reader could understand.

Yes, Jesus has more credibility than Darwin, but Darwin never had to deal with the Jews.

Scriptures are trustworthy for the spiritual truths they impart to the reader ;and not for a biology lesson.

The scriptures were written by inspiration for the singular purpose of inspiring those who read them.
    What inspires readers in one era ,fails to do so in another.
    In one age, scriptures condemn the eating of Shrimp as an abomination. In another time , children were to be executed for disobeying parents. and so on.

Creation story was written in the only way it could've been written at the time it was written, and in a way that the reader could understand.

Yes, Jesus has more credibility than Darwin, but Darwin never had to deal with the Jews.

Scriptures are trustworthy for the spiritual truths they impart to the reader ;and not for a biology lesson.
    Hello C,

Do you believe that God could have created all living things the way it is recorded in Genesis? Do you think He has the power to do that? If He could why wouldn't He? You said,"Creation story was written in the only way it could've been written at the time it was written, and in a way that the reader could understand." Well how would it be written today? How many people actually understand what's involved with evolution, DNA, genetics and all the processes that must randomly but precisely occur for life, especially human life to come about? The proponents of evolution are like the gnostics of New Testament times, "believe what we say for we have secret knowledge and we scoff at those who believe what's in that outdated bible". People will always believe those who they deem have more knowledge, such as scientists, professors and teachers and that is why the nonsense of evolution has become so popular. The theory of evolution is one of the best tools the devil has in his ****nal, which is really interesting because it takes way more faith to believe what the theory of evolution says than to believe what the bible says an all powerful God has done. Evolution is just one more attempt to chip away at the credibility of the Bible and the power and trustworthiness of God. Those who believe in evolution are deceived and as such laugh at the truth and those who believe it.

Christodoulos

Hello C,

Do you believe that God could have created all living things the way it is recorded in Genesis? Do you think He has the power to do that? If He could why wouldn't He? You said,"Creation story was written in the only way it could've been written at the time it was written, and in a way that the reader could understand." Well how would it be written today? How many people actually understand what's involved with evolution, DNA, genetics and all the processes that must randomly but precisely occur for life, especially human life to come about? The proponents of evolution are like the gnostics of New Testament times, "believe what we say for we have secret knowledge and we scoff at those who believe what's in that outdated bible". People will always believe those who they deem have more knowledge, such as scientists, professors and teachers and that is why the nonsense of evolution has become so popular. The theory of evolution is one of the best tools the devil has in his ****nal, which is really interesting because it takes way more faith to believe what the theory of evolution says than to believe what the bible says an all powerful God has done. Evolution is just one more attempt to chip away at the credibility of the Bible and the power and trustworthiness of God. Those who believe in evolution are deceived and as such laugh at the truth and those who believe it.
    I think you're all wet.

The literal belief in six day creation and creating the female from the rib story and the forbidden fruit story ,and the talking snake story ,taken all together represent the greatest threat to the Christian Scriptures ,not to mention the Christian Faith itself. And this by exposing the sacred beliefs of Christianity to ridicule ;in the same way snake handlers and flat earthers do. You're no friend of Jesus.

I think you're all wet.

The literal belief in six day creation and creating the female from the rib story and the forbidden fruit story ,and the talking snake story ,taken all together represent the greatest threat to the Christian Scriptures ,not to mention the Christian Faith itself. And this by exposing the sacred beliefs of Christianity to ridicule ;in the same way snake handlers and flat earthers do. You're no friend of Jesus.
    The resurrection and virgin birth "stories" are ridiculed all the time, perhaps even more than the other "stories" you mentioned. Shall we find man made alternatives for these also? As for me being a friend of Jesus, thankfully it is He who decides that.

Christodoulos

The resurrection and virgin birth "stories" are ridiculed all the time, perhaps even more than the other "stories" you mentioned. Shall we find man made alternatives for these also? As for me being a friend of Jesus, thankfully it is He who decides that.
    all the books of the bible were not all written at the same time ;or for the same reasons ,or for the same purpose.

I'm sorry you can't tell the difference why Genesis was written and the purpose the Gospel of Luke was written.

And if you continue to blaspheme and ridicule the Savior ,then you are no friend of Jesus!

all the books of the bible were not all written at the same time ;or for the same reasons ,or for the same purpose.

I'm sorry you can't tell the difference why Genesis was written and the purpose the Gospel of Luke was written.

And if you continue to blaspheme and ridicule the Savior ,then you are no friend of Jesus!
    Christodoulos,

I can tell the difference though, between an amb***ador for Christ and an amb***ador for self. Your prideful at***ude does nothing to build up the body of Christ, it seems your only desire is to be right. Soon you will begin to call people who don't agree with you blasphemers and idiots. It is good to discuss the scriptures and to challenge ideas that do not line up with God's word but not with arrogance. Everyone's knowledge is not at the same level. Perhaps if you studied a little more.....

Christodoulos

Christodoulos,

I can tell the difference though, between an amb***ador for Christ and an amb***ador for self. Your prideful at***ude does nothing to build up the body of Christ, it seems your only desire is to be right. Soon you will begin to call people who don't agree with you blasphemers and idiots. It is good to discuss the scriptures and to challenge ideas that do not line up with God's word but not with arrogance. Everyone's knowledge is not at the same level. Perhaps if you studied a little more.....
    Pushing the six day creation story on everyone and then accusing them of not being faithful to scripture, is pure arrogance and yes,stupidity.

"Perhaps if I studied a little more,,, "

It's because I have studied "a little more" that I can tell you that the six day creation story is an allegorical /poetic two chapters, that can't be considered scientifically accurate.

If you can't understand that ,then all I can say, is that you've been hanging around with the ICR crowd of flat earthers.

So, maybe you should study how the scriptures were written ,how ,when and why.. for starters.

and you're no amb***ador ..

Pushing the six day creation story on everyone and then accusing them of not being faithful to scripture, is pure arrogance and yes,stupidity.

"Perhaps if I studied a little more,,, "

It's because I have studied "a little more" that I can tell you that the six day creation story is an allegorical /poetic two chapters, that can't be considered scientifically accurate.

If you can't understand that ,then all I can say, is that you've been hanging around with the ICR crowd of flat earthers.

So, maybe you should study how the scriptures were written ,how ,when and why.. for starters.

and you're no amb***ador ..
    Hi Christodoulos,

So is your test to take scripture literally based on scientific accuracy? How does science view the virgin birth or the resurrection? How about walking on water or feeding 5000 with a few fish and loaves? I don't pretend to understand everything in the Bible but putting faith in the theories of men is easy, people do it every day.
    Putting faith in what God says, the unseen, the not scientifically accurate is not so easy. If you want everything to be scientifically accurate, how do you know you are born again?
    God is the One who created time and space and gravity and physics and every scientific principle and law we know, I see no good reason to doubt six day creation, especially any reason based on the theories of those who don't believe in Him anyway.
    Also, if I am not an amb***ador it is to my shame, I will try to do better.

Christodoulos

Hi Christodoulos,

So is your test to take scripture literally based on scientific accuracy? How does science view the virgin birth or the resurrection? How about walking on water or feeding 5000 with a few fish and loaves? I don't pretend to understand everything in the Bible but putting faith in the theories of men is easy, people do it every day.
    Putting faith in what God says, the unseen, the not scientifically accurate is not so easy. If you want everything to be scientifically accurate, how do you know you are born again?
    God is the One who created time and space and gravity and physics and every scientific principle and law we know, I see no good reason to doubt six day creation, especially any reason based on the theories of those who don't believe in Him anyway.
    Also, if I am not an amb***ador it is to my shame, I will try to do better.
    but sadly for you,that's not what I've been saying. It may be what you think I've been saying ,but that's because you're not reading well.

By the way ,explain where the Black race came from or from whom it descended from. Or the white race for that matter.
    you seem to be ignoring my question here, amb***ador.

but sadly for you,that's not what I've been saying. It may be what you think I've been saying ,but that's because you're not reading well.

By the way ,explain where the Black race came from or from whom it descended from. Or the white race for that matter.
    you seem to be ignoring my question here, amb***ador.

I will answer based on my belief that the scriptures are literal. So first we would have to ask what did Adam and Eve look like? Obviously, their genes, carried all traits humans have today and probably other traits that have since disappeared. Many of their genes were not visible because other genes dominated and I think perhaps humans degenerated in many ways because of the effects of sin. We usually imagine Adam and Eve as looking like ourselves. However, for genetic reasons, Adam and Eve were not “white” or “black” but something in between. Adam’s skin coloring may have been similar to that of Native Americans. I’m guessing. So where do different colors of skin come from?
    I think people adapted to where they lived after the flood. For example, fair-skinned people living near the equator are more susceptible to several health risks, such as skin cancer. Consequently, they have slightly less chance of living to reproductive age and p***ing on genes for light skin color to their children. Likewise, darker-skinned people absorb less sunlight, depriving them of vitamin D3, which forms in skin exposed to sunlight. In some la***udes, this could cause health problems. Therefore, over many generations, dark-skinned people tend to live near the equator and light-skinned people tend to live at higher la***udes. I see this as a good example of microevolution. I also think people seem to “like” people more similar to themselves so people probably separated according to their features and tone of skin.

Christodoulos

I will answer based on my belief that the scriptures are literal. So first we would have to ask what did Adam and Eve look like? Obviously, their genes, carried all traits humans have today and probably other traits that have since disappeared. Many of their genes were not visible because other genes dominated and I think perhaps humans degenerated in many ways because of the effects of sin. We usually imagine Adam and Eve as looking like ourselves. However, for genetic reasons, Adam and Eve were not “white” or “black” but something in between. Adam’s skin coloring may have been similar to that of Native Americans. I’m guessing. So where do different colors of skin come from?
    I think people adapted to where they lived after the flood. For example, fair-skinned people living near the equator are more susceptible to several health risks, such as skin cancer. Consequently, they have slightly less chance of living to reproductive age and p***ing on genes for light skin color to their children. Likewise, darker-skinned people absorb less sunlight, depriving them of vitamin D3, which forms in skin exposed to sunlight. In some la***udes, this could cause health problems. Therefore, over many generations, dark-skinned people tend to live near the equator and light-skinned people tend to live at higher la***udes. I see this as a good example of microevolution. I also think people seem to “like” people more similar to themselves so people probably separated according to their features and tone of skin.
    And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds—livestock and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so. 25 And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds and the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, “Let us make man[h] in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

27 So God created man in his own image,
    in the image of God he created him;
    male and female he created them.

So where did the Black Race come from? Do you normally do a lot of GUESSING???

Are you saying Blacks came about as a result of "when sin entered the world?"
    Do Blacks represent man's sinful nature?

We know people have children that resemble their parents.
    Yeppers : you are part of the idiotic ICR crowd of flaT EARTHERS..

bLACKS HAVE CHILDREN THAT RESEMBLE their parents ,married or not.

How did the first pair of black male and female parents come about?

How did the first pair of Blacks appear who were genetically pure black in order to produce other pure blacks?

You see how crazy you are ?
    Last edited by Christodoulos; 08-07-2014 at 04:26 PM.

alanmolstad

Im not sure where you guys are headed?

So where did the Black Race come from? Do you normally do a lot of GUESSING???

I gave you my answer. Just being honest.

Are you saying Blacks came about as a result of "when sin entered the world?"
    Do Blacks represent man's sinful nature?

Not saying that, but of course you already knew that.

We know people have children that resemble their parents.

What happens when one parent is dark skinned and one is light skinned? Hmmm

Yeppers : you are part of the idiotic ICR crowd of flaT EARTHERS..

I don’t even know who the ICR crowd is and I told you that soon you would be
    calling people idiots.

bLACKS HAVE CHILDREN THAT RESEMBLE their parents ,married or not.
    How did the first pair of black male and female parents come about?

Perhaps you could tell us.

How did the first pair of Blacks appear who were genetically pure black in order to produce other pure blacks?

Please tell us, I’m sure you have a scientifically accurate answer.

You see how crazy you are ?

I see from all of your posts that you feel anyone who doesn’t agree with you is crazy.

Christodoulos

ICR= The Ins***ute for creation research. A gang of pure swindlers pretending to be only self recognized biologists , astronomers physicists and so on..

The answers to all YOUR questions can be found in any high school level human evolutionary biology textbook. Try reading one for a change.

alanmolstad

I do not get where our conversation is going with all this chat about black people?

Perhaps a different topic might better here?

Christodoulos

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I do not get where our conversation is going with all this chat about black people?

Perhaps a different topic might better here?
    Not a lot of chat.. Just a question for disciple to explain the origin of the various race in existence. today. The scriptures

do not refer to various races resulting from one set of parents. Too hot to handle?

alanmolstad

Not a lot of chat.. Just a question for disciple to explain the origin of the various race in existence. today. The scriptures

do not refer to various races resulting from one set of parents. Too hot to handle?
    The scriptures are to help us find salvation and to learn about God, for it is His revelation to us and aside from it we would know nothing of God.

But the scriptures are not here to answer every question we can ask of them,,,
    The Bible does not answer every question we can dream up to ask.

The Bible only speaks on things it speaks on, and thats about it..

So you cant dream up a question about the color of people and when you fail to find a clear answer to your question in the Bible , try to say that means something significant.

The Bible is not here to provide all the answers...