Thread: Why we take it literally.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by tdidymas View Post
    I agree with what you say about not believing in a "sourceless light." But here is where we differ in interpretation:
    Gen. 1:1 is a general introductory statement to what is said in ch. 1; and ch. 1 is introductory to ch 2 and beyond. Therefore, when it says "God created the heavens and the earth," this is a brief introduction to how it was done in ch. 1.
    Where does it say in the Bible that Genesis 1:1 is only an introduction?.......

is that idea in the Bible or did some guy make it up because it agreed with some other things that he agrees with but that are also not in the bible?

if you can find me any verse in the Bible that teaches what you said about Genesis 1:1 I will have a look.
    But if all you got to support that idea is the fact that it agrees with what you want the bible to have said?.......then you are alone on that.

I believe there is a far better way to read the bible that does not require adding things and discounting verses as being only an "introduction"
    The better way is to just read the Text as it is written....and believe it as written.

Thats all......
    Just read and believe.

No need to invent things to add to the text, no need to make some verses meaningless...no need to add concepts that flay in the face of science.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 08-17-2014 at 02:37 PM.