Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Exodus ? NO Evidence.

  1. #1
    Christodoulos
    Guest

    Default Exodus ? NO Evidence.

    Genesis is not the only book of the bible which has no scientific basis but Exodus as well fits into the category of historical allegory.

    The Egyptians kept meticulous records of all their history even down to trivial details.

    Nowhere is there anything mentioned about Hebrew slaves. In fact nothing mentioned about slaves building pyramids or anything else for that matter.

    Nothing in archeology has been found to place the Hebrews in Egypt at anytime in Egyptian history.

    Bible historians now agree that Exodus is simply a narrative providing the Jews a historical framework. But in fact is pure allegorical storytelling which incorporates evil in the world in the person of Pharaoh and makes the Egyptians the national enemy.

    Based on my own research , I believe this was done to gain favor with the Persians who awarded them the land of Canaan .

  2. #2
    cheachea
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christodoulos View Post
    Genesis is not the only book of the bible which has no scientific basis but Exodus as well fits into the category of historical allegory.

    The Egyptians kept meticulous records of all their history even down to trivial details.

    Nowhere is there anything mentioned about Hebrew slaves. In fact nothing mentioned about slaves building pyramids or anything else for that matter.

    Nothing in archeology has been found to place the Hebrews in Egypt at anytime in Egyptian history.

    Bible historians now agree that Exodus is simply a narrative providing the Jews a historical framework. But in fact is pure allegorical storytelling which incorporates evil in the world in the person of Pharaoh and makes the Egyptians the national enemy.

    Based on my own research , I believe this was done to gain favor with the Persians who awarded them the land of Canaan .





    Starts @ 2:24 The real Mt. Sinai "Jebel el Laws" in Saudi Arabia:


  3. #3
    Christodoulos
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
    Starts @ 2:24 The real Mt. Sinai "Jebel el Laws" in Saudi Arabia:

    i only respond to one's own words .

  4. #4
    Christodoulos
    Guest

    Default

    What Egyptologists have discovered was that all building in egypt was performed by skilled workers who were in fact unionized to a certain degree. And none were slaves. In fact slaves did not exist, but many volunteered to be servants of the pharaoh and the priesthood.

    It questions the whole idea of hebrews being held as slaves for 400 years and this with no supporting record.

  5. #5
    cheachea
    Guest

    Default

    Edit of Post

  6. #6
    cheachea
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christodoulos View Post
    i only respond to one's own words .


    You have the answer right in front of your face. It shows and explains everything. If you don't examine the video then it's your own fault.

  7. #7
    Senior Member disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christodoulos View Post
    Genesis is not the only book of the bible which has no scientific basis but Exodus as well fits into the category of historical allegory.

    The Egyptians kept meticulous records of all their history even down to trivial details.

    Nowhere is there anything mentioned about Hebrew slaves. In fact nothing mentioned about slaves building pyramids or anything else for that matter.

    Nothing in archeology has been found to place the Hebrews in Egypt at anytime in Egyptian history.

    Bible historians now agree that Exodus is simply a narrative providing the Jews a historical framework. But in fact is pure allegorical storytelling which incorporates evil in the world in the person of Pharaoh and makes the Egyptians the national enemy.

    Based on my own research , I believe this was done to gain favor with the Persians who awarded them the land of Canaan .

    Have you considered that Egyptian chronology might be incorrect or at least understood incorrectly? Egyptian Twelfth Dynasty stories provide so many details which match the Exodus details, that this strongly suggests that both sources are describing the same events. Perhaps the chronology of Egypt needs to be adjusted, bringing the 12th dynasty down to the time of Moses and the Exodus. When this is done there is found abundant evidence for the presence of large numbers of Semitic slaves at the time of Moses, the devastation of Egypt and the sudden departure of these slaves. But of course that means one would have to put faith in the Bible as opposed to the conclusions of men.

  8. #8
    Senior Member disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
    Starts @ 2:24 The real Mt. Sinai "Jebel el Laws" in Saudi Arabia:

    Interesting video Cheachea, thanks.

  9. #9
    cheachea
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Interesting video Cheachea, thanks.


    You're welcome.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    159

    Default

    The video is essentially an infomercial for the book. Jabal al-laws sounds like a nice theory for the real Mt. Sinai, but there are some major problems with it.
    1. After Ron Wyatt's death, his wife admitted that he modified photographs, among which were the undersea pictures of "chariot wheels."
    2. Since the pharoah's army chased after the Israelites 3 days after the exodus, it is reasonable to ***ume that they caught up with the Israelites within the week. The trouble is, that two million people lugging their possessions could not possibly have traversed 300 miles across the Sinai peninsula to the Gulf of Aqaba in a single week.
    3. Decades of archaeology (namely the villages on the current Sinai maps) would have to be restudied and reinterpreted to support this theory - not likely.
    TD

  11. #11
    cheachea
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdidymas View Post
    The video is essentially an infomercial for the book. Jabal al-laws sounds like a nice theory for the real Mt. Sinai, but there are some major problems with it.
    1. After Ron Wyatt's death, his wife admitted that he modified photographs, among which were the undersea pictures of "chariot wheels."
    2. Since the pharoah's army chased after the Israelites 3 days after the exodus, it is reasonable to ***ume that they caught up with the Israelites within the week. The trouble is, that two million people lugging their possessions could not possibly have traversed 300 miles across the Sinai peninsula to the Gulf of Aqaba in a single week.
    3. Decades of archaeology (namely the villages on the current Sinai maps) would have to be restudied and reinterpreted to support this theory - not likely.
    TD



    Rustled-Jimmies.jpg


    Oh, here we Go. Did you even watch the video ?

  12. #12
    Christodoulos
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
    You have the answer right in front of your face. It shows and explains everything. If you don't examine the video then it's your own fault.
    If you're not willing to offer something of your own thoughts in writing then I'm not willing to respond to a vid or u tube whatever.

    It looks like you're trying to lecture me and you don't have the credentials to do that .or to anyone else either.

  13. #13
    cheachea
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christodoulos View Post
    If you're not willing to offer something of your own thoughts in writing


    Why does it have to be on your terms ? I gave you the information but you refuse to examine the information. I don't have to put "My Own Thoughts" in writing. The information has already been collected and put into a nice little video for all to see. The video IS my response to your OP.

  14. #14
    Christodoulos
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
    Why does it have to be on your terms ? I gave you the information but you refuse to examine the information. I don't have to put "My Own Thoughts" in writing. The information has already been collected and put into a nice little video for all to see. The video IS my response to your OP.
    I need to see what you have for brains.. if anything. It's easy to get carried away by someone's glitzy production or propaganda. It helps to sell stuff.

  15. #15
    cheachea
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christodoulos View Post
    I need to see what you have for brains.. if anything. It's easy to get carried away by someone's glitzy production or propaganda. It helps to sell stuff.

    *Sigh* Maybe some one else will want to play. Since you don't want to discuss the information in the video I provided then I'll just stop my participation in the thread.

  16. #16
    Christodoulos
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdidymas View Post
    The video is essentially an infomercial for the book. Jabal al-laws sounds like a nice theory for the real Mt. Sinai, but there are some major problems with it.
    1. After Ron Wyatt's death, his wife admitted that he modified photographs, among which were the undersea pictures of "chariot wheels."
    2. Since the pharoah's army chased after the Israelites 3 days after the exodus, it is reasonable to ***ume that they caught up with the Israelites within the week. The trouble is, that two million people lugging their possessions could not possibly have traversed 300 miles across the Sinai peninsula to the Gulf of Aqaba in a single week.
    3. Decades of archaeology (namely the villages on the current Sinai maps) would have to be restudied and reinterpreted to support this theory - not likely.
    TD
    archaeology has tried its best to prove the exodus story;it would like nothing better to find some evidence supporting any part of the account of slaves making bricks or anything related but it can't..

    In fact, among ancient historians ,no mention is made of a defeated pharaoh or an emergence of a new nation in Canaan .

    Since pharaoh had made many enemies in the area outside of Egypt ,the story of his drowning or the defeat of his army by slaves would've made the rounds for many years.it just can't fit so you must acquit.

  17. #17
    Christodoulos
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
    *Sigh* Maybe some one else will want to play. Since you don't want to discuss the information in the video I provided then I'll just stop my participation in the thread.
    probably a good idea. I've spent many years studying and researching this stuff to be told to go look at something. Kind of arrogant to say the least,.

  18. #18
    John T
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christodoulos View Post
    I need to see what you have for brains.. if anything...
    With that sort of mindless and sop****ric insult you post, you lost your credibility and any respect you may have from others because you cannot create a cogent re****al.

    When you gratuitously insult another poster You are waving a white flag of surrender because you have no relevant statements. In other words, insulting another is a tacit admission that you have nothing factual with which to base your argument.

  19. #19
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    if a a post is upsetting, report it....
    If a guest is being upsetting, IGNORE them.

  20. #20
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    as far as most all the claims made by Ron Wyatt go......Most in my view are just a dream and a bit of hype over nothing.

    No one found the Ark of God.

    No one has found the ark of Noah.

    As for the claim that they found the correct mountain where the Jews received the 10 Commandments?.....There is only so little to support or criticize claim this that we cant yet decide if Mr Wyatt was on the right track or not.

    We all know that the traditional mountain site was just a location that was at best a wild guess....

  21. #21
    John T
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    if a a post is upsetting, report it....
    If a guest is being upsetting, IGNORE them.
    You are neither my mother, nor my father; from them I took correction.

    Being a net nanny is not a way to win friends and to influence people. A net nanny is more irritating than a yenta. We both know that the moderation philosophy here is "benign neglect" and if you do not like something I say to another poster, that is too bad.


    If it happens again, I shall report you for arrogating the position of moderator unto yourself

  22. #22
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    You might consider the advice of Walter Martin, who suggested that people tone down their remarks, and to be able to "Disagree without being disagreeable"

  23. #23
    John T
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    you might consider the advice of walter martin, who suggested that people tone down their remarks, and to be able to "disagree without being disagreeable"
    REPORTED
    reported

  24. #24
    Christodoulos
    Guest

    Default

    Once the exodus story became the common property of the Jews ,then it became fair game for all to quote from the story.

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
    *Sigh* Maybe some one else will want to play. Since you don't want to discuss the information in the video I provided then I'll just stop my participation in the thread.
    sigh...Jabel Lawz is not the real Mt. Sinai, in fact no one knows which mount it is. Cornuck, Caldwells and the late Wyatt are very wrong in their judgment. But what bothers me is this idea:

    Genesis is not the only book of the bible which has no scientific basis but Exodus as well fits into the category of historical allegory.
    Genesis or any book of the Bible does not need any science to back it up. The requirement is faith nor physical evidence as we cannot produce any physical evidence for the Garden of Eden, as one example.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •