so......therefore knowing we have this example to follow , and knowing that we are to use the Scriptures to judge what Im saying, how should we proceed?

Like this-

an example would be found in my teaching about the first things god creates.

The Young Earth teachers teach us that the first thing God makes is "light"
However the YEC also teach that God did not make the sun and Stars until day 4, so right off the bat we have the YEC teachings at odd with science.

The result to the students of the YEC teachers is that they are taught that "Science is against the bible"
And thats stars a ball rolling down a hill, and soon the student is going to have to say "Science is wrong' and believe all types of ever-changing invented ideas the YEc teachers come up with to support that view ...

Or....

Or the Bible student is being pushed to say, "The Bible is a lie" and find themselves pushed out of the church.

That is the result of the work of the YEC teachers in the church.

I have a different teaching.
My teaching is to point out that the Bible does not actually say that "light" was the first thing God made "In the beginning"

I point out to students that what the bible actually says is "In the beginning God created the Heavens and the earth"
I point out that the word "Heavens" can mean all the stars like our own Sun and space itself.

I point out that this is in total agreement with what Science teaches about the Big bang and the creation of the universe.

My teaching is supported by the Scriptures, as we learn they should be.

The teachings of the YEC teachers is invented because it agrees only with what they would have wanted the Bible to have said...not what it actually says...

My teachings bring the Bible student to see science and evolution as just another natural part of the Lord's creation....like rain and snow, and sunsets.

The teachings of the YEC teachers force Bible students to need to call either all of science a "lie" or all the bible a "lie"

I see harmony between science and my faith
They see only confrontation , the result of witch means the best and brightest Bible students end up walking away from the church.

I like my way better....

Be that as it may, it falls to the person listening to me to pick up their bible and see if what Im saying is true?
Challenge me!
ask me, "Where does it say that in the bible?"