Thread: Why to NOT take Genesis literally.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    You want me to turn a blind eye to ......

Im just asking questions.....

There is no eye-blinding intended here.

Just one guy asking a few questions and looking forward to what answers other people get when they open the Bible for themselves and look for the answers?

But I think I understand what is really going on in your mind here,
    I think anyone watching this conversation has figured out what all this reluctance to answer my questions must be based on.

You know Im right about what the Bible says in Genesis.

And I think any honest Bible student is smart enough to have looked at my questions and right away came to the same conclusion about what Im talking about.
    That conclusion is that "Alan is right"

Nothing Im saying is my own idea.
    This understanding of what the bible actually says compared to what the YEC teachers have been teaching it says has been known for a long time.

I believe you have also known this for a while too..
    Your actions, the way you try so hard to try to slide-around the questions I have asked points me to this conclusion about you.

But lets move on,

Lets deal with my 3 questions today , and get to the heart of what Im pointing to by asking them, and why the believers in Young Earth Creationism are clearly so afraid to address my questions in an honest way?

Over the years I have asked the same basic questions to people that believed I was wrong, and if they are a true believer in the YEC teachings, they will always try to dodge-around my questions..

Always...

They never want to allow themselves to risk opening their Bibles and giving me an honest answer
    And why do I think this is so?..........the answer is, They don't want to take the Red Pill.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE7PKRjrid4

They are concerned that the moment they open their Bible and attempt to answer my question honestly with only the Text they will forever know in their hearts that what Im saying is the truth.

They are afraid to see the real truth about the story of Genesis, because they also know that must mean that YEC is a lie that has worked it's way into the church and blinded people to what the Bible actually says.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 04-03-2016 at 09:14 AM.