Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 165

Thread: Why to NOT take Genesis literally.

  1. #26
    Senior Member disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    again...the Commandments are real...because they are in the bible....(That's why you can quote them)

    Young Earth Creationism is fake...its a dreamed up teaching that is not in the Bible..(Thats why you cant quote a verse that supports it)
    Let's forget YEC for the moment. We're talking about the truth of biblical creation vs. the false theory of evolution.

  2. #27
    Senior Member disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Young earth creationism hangs everything on one idea.....the 'sourceless light"


    The mixed-up way the YEC teachers read the Bible they have God creating light before he makes the sun....
    This is a problem ....

    You cant have a light without a source so the YEC teachers have come up with all kinds of different ways to have a light without a source for that light...
    and all of this is a dreamed up idea that is not actually taught in the Bible...



    what is taught in the Bible?
    The answer is that the Bible teaches us that god created the "source' for all the light right at the beginning..


    So there is no need to dream up a 'source-less" light?......yes, there is no need to worry that god made a light without a source. God's word teaches that god made the source for the light first!






    this shows us that all of Young Earth Creationism is a lie....for its foundation is not based on what the text says...

    We need to believe the Bible not men's ideas!!!!!!!
    Forget YEC for now. The discussion comes down to believing the truth of biblical creation or the unproven man made theory of evolution.

  3. #28
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Forget YEC for now. .

    No...I believe that Young Earth creation is a foe we need to always confront and drive out of the church.

  4. #29
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    No....
    This is about Young earth creationism and the real damage it has done to the faith lives of many believers...


    Understand that YEC is a lie....
    YEC is not based on the Bible.
    YEC is not found in the bible
    YEC is not supported by the Bible.


    One the other hand....

    Evolution works hand-in-hand with the Genesis story to offer us a good understanding of early Earth history.
    Evolution is not against the Bible....rather its a tool of God.

    Evolution reflects the Master's hands...

    as such,as a tool of the most high God, Evolution should be respected like other parts of the creation...like sunshine, rain, and water falls...etc

    evolution is just another part of this creation that God has give us to enjoy...

  5. #30
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Now...if I say anything that you want me to support with a bible verse?...just ask me to show you where that appears in the text.

  6. #31
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    In Evolution we can trace back all life to a single common source...and that source is the earth itself.

    According to he teachings of evolution we are a part of this earth that has come to life.

    also, a teaching according to Evolution is that humans and animals share a common source....(in other words, humans and animals are from the same place)



    and....this agrees with the story of Genesis!!!!!

  7. #32
    Senior Member disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    No....
    This is about Young earth creationism and the real damage it has done to the faith lives of many believers...


    Understand that YEC is a lie....
    YEC is not based on the Bible.
    YEC is not found in the bible
    YEC is not supported by the Bible.


    One the other hand....

    Evolution works hand-in-hand with the Genesis story to offer us a good understanding of early Earth history.
    Evolution is not against the Bible....rather its a tool of God.

    Evolution reflects the Master's hands...

    as such,as a tool of the most high God, Evolution should be respected like other parts of the creation...like sunshine, rain, and water falls...etc

    evolution is just another part of this creation that God has give us to enjoy...
    Alan,

    If you can't take the creation account literally, what other scriptures can be treated the same way? John 3:16, Romans 10:9, what else? If Genesis can't be taken seriously why trust any scripture?

  8. #33
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    well....tell me something....

    When have I said I believe the Genesis story is not to be taken literally?

    in fact,I believe Im the ONLY person who actually does believe the text as written.

    I believe Im the ONLY person that does not need to add words to the Text to make it agree with my ideas.

    Let me show you why I think this-

    Tell me the verse that shows us that the 7th Day of the creation week has ended?
    What verse teaches the 7th day has ended....(remember I want to believe only what the Bible "literally" says, not what people pretend it says)

  9. #34
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    tell me....


    what verse in the Creation story teaches that the 7th day has ended yet?..........none?

    then what verse in the whole book of Genesis teaches that the 7th day has ended?........none?

    well, what about the whole Old Testament, does any verse in the OT teach the 7th day has ended yet?..........no?



    how about the whole Bible?............nothing?



    how interesting.....

    So if we have very clear endings to the first 6 days of the creation week, so clearly written down in the text that you cant miss it, and yet we have no verse in the whole Bible that even hints that the 7th day has ended yet I dont think we should just slap-on an ending just to make it agree with our ideas right?..... correct!

  10. #35
    Senior Member disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    well....tell me something....

    When have I said I believe the Genesis story is not to be taken literally?

    in fact,I believe Im the ONLY person who actually does believe the text as written.

    I believe Im the ONLY person that does not need to add words to the Text to make it agree with my ideas.

    Let me show you why I think this-

    Tell me the verse that shows us that the 7th Day of the creation week has ended?
    What verse teaches the 7th day has ended....(remember I want to believe only what the Bible "literally" says, not what people pretend it says)
    Alan,

    I believe that all the Bible is correct and to be taken literally. I think the burden is on you to show any verse in the bible that even hints that man or any other creature evolved and were not created as recorded in Genesis.

  11. #36
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    So to sum up what Im saying...


    We don't need to add anything to the Bible!

  12. #37
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    if you have any questions about what im saying...?
    Just ask me for a verse that supports something Im saying and I will be happy to show you that verse

  13. #38
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    so if you got a question?...just ask....

  14. #39
    Senior Member disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    if you have any questions about what im saying...?
    Just ask me for a verse that supports something Im saying and I will be happy to show you that verse
    Show me a verse that says anything about evolution.

  15. #40
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post

    Tell me the verse that shows us that the 7th Day of the creation week has ended?
    )


    as I have asked you this question...you can ask me one in return

  16. #41
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Show me a verse that says anything about evolution.
    see post #31 above for an introduction to my answer.



    where in the Bible does it trace back all life to?

    Where is man from?....where are the animals from?

    Is the answer you get the same answer as taught in evolution?






    lets find out.....


    the first thing we need to look at is where are the animals from?...where is their source?

  17. #42
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    the first thing we need to look at is where are the animals from?...where is their source?

    the answer:
    Genesis 1:24 "And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds"
    Genesis 2:19 " Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky"

    So as we see, the source for all the animals is the earth itself...

  18. #43
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    So as we see, the source for all the animals is the earth itself...

    But what about humans?


    Now according to the teachings of Evolution humans and animals share a common starting point and source....

    But is the same thing true in the story of Genesis?

    Do humans and animals share the same common source?

  19. #44
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Do humans and animals share the same common source?


    do we?

    Do we share the same common source with animals according to the Bible?

  20. #45
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Lets review:



    according to Evolution,all life, both animal and human life all stems forth from the common source for life...that being the earth itself.
    In evolution we are just a part of this earth that has come to life.


    we now also have learned that according to the Bible that all animals also come forth from this earth too.

    So the Bible agrees with evolution as to the source for life for the animals being the earth itself....


    But what about man?
    Where is the source for humans according to the genesis story?

  21. #46
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Where is the source for humans according to the genesis story?
    (and here is your answer)


    Genesis 3:19

    "until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken"
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-29-2016 at 10:05 AM.

  22. #47
    Senior Member disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Lets review:



    according to Evolution,all life, both animal and human life all stems forth from the common source for life...that being the earth itself.
    In evolution we are just a part of this earth that has come to life.


    we now also have learned that according to the Bible that all animals also come forth from this earth too.

    So the Bible agrees with evolution as to the source for life for the animals being the earth itself....


    But what about man?
    Where is the source for humans according to the genesis story?
    So Alan, because God created all life out of the same elements(elements that He created) you're ***uming evolution is correct? That is your opinion you have not proven any part of the theory. Evolution does not agree with scripture nor does it agree with proven laws of science.

  23. #48
    Senior Member disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    the answer:
    Genesis 1:24 "And God said, ôLet the land produce living creatures according to their kinds"
    Genesis 2:19 " Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky"

    So as we see, the source for all the animals is the earth itself...
    So you tell us not to take Genesis literally yet you are taking the verses you cited literally.

  24. #49
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    So Alan, because God created all life out of the same elements(elements that He created) you're ***uming evolution is correct? .
    so far what Im showing you is that there is no disagreement with where the source of all life is from between evolution and genesis..

    That is what we have now seen in the text.

    both evolution and Genesis trace life back to the earth itself.


    as for the evolution being "correct"?...that answer has to come from the merits of the science...and the science alone.


    All we have now proved is that there is agreement between Evolution and genesis.

  25. #50
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    So you tell us not to take Genesis literally ........

    Where did I do that?

    I believe I have said over and over that I believe "I" am the ONLY one that is actual;y reading the Text and believeing it as it's written.

    The YEC teachershave to add words and change meanings...



    I dont have to change anything!

    I just read the text and say "Amen!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •