Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 165

Thread: Why to NOT take Genesis literally.

  1. #76
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    so......therefore knowing we have this example to follow , and knowing that we are to use the Scriptures to judge what Im saying, how should we proceed?

    Like this-





    an example would be found in my teaching about the first things god creates.

    The Young Earth teachers teach us that the first thing God makes is "light"
    However the YEC also teach that God did not make the sun and Stars until day 4, so right off the bat we have the YEC teachings at odd with science.

    The result to the students of the YEC teachers is that they are taught that "Science is against the bible"
    And thats stars a ball rolling down a hill, and soon the student is going to have to say "Science is wrong' and believe all types of ever-changing invented ideas the YEc teachers come up with to support that view ...

    Or....


    Or the Bible student is being pushed to say, "The Bible is a lie" and find themselves pushed out of the church.




    That is the result of the work of the YEC teachers in the church.


    I have a different teaching.
    My teaching is to point out that the Bible does not actually say that "light" was the first thing God made "In the beginning"

    I point out to students that what the bible actually says is "In the beginning God created the Heavens and the earth"
    I point out that the word "Heavens" can mean all the stars like our own Sun and space itself.

    I point out that this is in total agreement with what Science teaches about the Big bang and the creation of the universe.



    My teaching is supported by the Scriptures, as we learn they should be.

    The teachings of the YEC teachers is invented because it agrees only with what they would have wanted the Bible to have said...not what it actually says...



    My teachings bring the Bible student to see science and evolution as just another natural part of the Lord's creation....like rain and snow, and sunsets.

    The teachings of the YEC teachers force Bible students to need to call either all of science a "lie" or all the bible a "lie"



    I see harmony between science and my faith
    They see only confrontation , the result of witch means the best and brightest Bible students end up walking away from the church.


    I like my way better....



    Be that as it may, it falls to the person listening to me to pick up their bible and see if what Im saying is true?
    Challenge me!
    ask me, "Where does it say that in the bible?"

  2. #77
    Senior Member disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Im a student of the Bible.

    Im not a student of science.


    Over the years I have been in many a Bible study, and I also have been blessed a few times in teaching a Bible Study to students.

    So I can say Im a "Bible teacher" because I have taught the Bible a few times in my life.
    The Bible I know.

    But Im not a science teacher.
    Im not here to teach science.


    So this is why I can say Im not here to teach evolution.
    But I can say Im here to point out a few things the Bible says and does not say.
    Let's suppose that I am a person reading the bible and I read Isaiah 53, I read John 3:16, I read Romans 10:9-10, I read Ephesians 2:8-9.
    I read other scripture and realize by conviction of the Holy Spirit that I am a sinner and need a savior. By what I have read and believed in
    the scriptures and by the measure of faith and grace I receive from God, I confess my sins, repent and receive Christ as my Savior. I have
    been led to salvation by the truth of scripture.
    Now suppose I am the same person reading the book of Genesis, the same true scriptures that led me to eternal life. I have no science
    book, no copy of Darwin's Origin of Species. What scripture would suggest or lead me to believe that man evolved from an ape for
    "all Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness".

  3. #78
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    . What scripture would suggest or lead me to believe that man evolved from an ape ....".
    what came before the ape?

    what came before that according to Evolution?
    and before that?...and before that?

    What does Evolution trace back all life to?...
    where is evolution's starting point?
    What are the first building blocks of all life according to evolution...where is life 'from"?




    I believe I have said.....a few times now...that Im not here to teach evolution.
    So knowing that I do not teach on evolution,I will address your question a slightly different way.

    Here is the question I will address,"Does the story of Genesis trace back all life to a single common source>...and is that single common source the same source for life as taught in evolution?"



    My answer appears on this topic , check posts numbered #41 , #42, #43, #44, #45 and #46







    as you will learn when you go over them past posts, my answer is centered around the scriptures.

  4. #79
    Senior Member disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    what came before the ape?

    what came before that according to Evolution?
    and before that?...and before that?

    What does Evolution trace back all life to?...
    where is evolution's starting point?
    What are the first building blocks of all life according to evolution...where is life 'from"?




    I believe I have said.....a few times now...that Im not here to teach evolution.
    So knowing that I do not teach on evolution,I will address your question a slightly different way.

    Here is the question I will address,"Does the story of Genesis trace back all life to a single common source>...and is that single common source the same source for life as taught in evolution?"



    My answer appears on this topic , check posts numbered #41 , #42, #43, #44, #45 and #46







    as you will learn when you go over them past posts, my answer is centered around the scriptures.
    I guess I will have to answer my question. The correct answer is there is no scripture that teaches or suggests that evolution happened, can happen or agrees with scripture. Evolution is a theory and an unproven theory at that, it walks hand in hand with worldly, secular teaching.

  5. #80
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    I guess I will have to answer my question. The correct answer is there is no scripture that teaches or suggests that evolution happened, can happen or agrees with scripture. Evolution is a theory and an unproven theory at that, it walks hand in hand with worldly, secular teaching.
    again...I can only answer from the scriptures,,,and they do teach a story that will walk in harmony with the teachings of science and evolution.

    and I would also point out that there are no anti-evolution arguments in the story too.


    Thus there is no reason to be against the teachings of an old earth, and the teachings of evolution based on what the bible says...

    Therefore the teachings of evolution can be judged on their truthfulness by the SCIENCE!.....and we dont need to worry that they are against anything in the Bible, because they are not.



    I view evolution as a tool of the Lord's hands....something he created to use for his will.

    Like rain,
    Like sunshine

    natural parts of the Lord's creation.....worthy of being respected.

  6. #81
    Senior Member disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    again...I can only answer from the scriptures,,,and they do teach a story that will walk in harmony with the teachings of science and evolution.

    and I would also point out that there are no anti-evolution arguments in the story too.


    Thus there is no reason to be against the teachings of an old earth, and the teachings of evolution based on what the bible says...

    Therefore the teachings of evolution can be judged on their truthfulness by the SCIENCE!.....and we dont need to worry that they are against anything in the Bible, because they are not.



    I view evolution as a tool of the Lord's hands....something he created to use for his will.

    Like rain,
    Like sunshine

    natural parts of the Lord's creation.....worthy of being respected.
    Alan,
    If you judge evolution by science, it is found unprovable and at odds with proven and accepted scientific laws such
    as the 2nd law of thermodynamics. Also as you have said above it is your view, it is not scriptural. You have shown
    no evidence from scripture the evolution is a "tool" used by God, you have just given your opinion of evolution, which
    of course you have a right to.

  7. #82
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Alan,
    If you judge evolution by science, it is found unprovable and at odds with proven and accepted scientific laws such
    as the 2nd law of thermodynamics. Also as you have said above it is your view, it is not scriptural. You have shown
    no evidence from scripture the evolution is a "tool" used by God, you have just given your opinion of evolution, which
    of course you have a right to.
    is there some part of "I dont teach evolution" that is hard for people to grasp?

    Why do you then attack evolution to me as if Im going to rush-in to defend it?

    I dont defend evolution.....

    I dont teach evolution....so dont come to me with questions about it as Im not a man of science and have no right nor ability to act like i can teach evolution.


    What i can do is teach on what the Bible says,,,or does not say...

    You can ask me Bible questions.
    I can give you Bible-backed answers...



    I have been asked about how Evolution and genesis can be seen to be in agreement?...and i have answered with the Scriptures...
    It then falls to you to open your bible and see if what im saying is true?




    Does the bible literally say that God made the heavens and the earth in the beginning or not?

    Does the Bible literally say the source of all life, (including humans) is the earth itself or not?

    Does the Bible literally say there is an ending to the first 6 days of the Genesis creation week yet not have any ending in the whole Bible for the 7th day yet or not?
    Do you have more questions?

  8. #83
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Does the bible literally say that God made the heavens and the earth in the beginning or not?

    Does the Bible literally say the source of all life, (including humans) is the earth itself or not?

    Does the Bible literally say there is an ending to the first 6 days of the Genesis creation week yet not have any ending in the whole Bible for the 7th day yet or not?

    I believe I have addressed each of these questions and given answers to each from the Scriptures.

    What I have shown is that YEC is simply not in the Bible.

  9. #84
    Senior Member MichaellS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Notre Dame, IN
    Posts
    422

    Default

    I’m really feeling like I’m getting the treatment here concerning whether or not you introduce evolution. If there are finer points on why you both can and cannot lay claim to its intros, then that too is your prerogative to keep them, but I would advise, you may want to divest a little further explanation of said parameter for the benefit of your audience.

    Though you say you “don’t teach evolution” and are “not here to teach evolution”, but in another comment “teach on what the Bible says,,,or does not say” concerning evolution. So then, I think you’re maintaining you don’t get a salary and have Christian speaking engagements, but when it comes to the bible, you do teach evolution? Fine.

    You maintain that we need to drive YEC out of the church. This undoubtedly is based on your bible teaching of evolution. Good, you have a sense of urgency. Again, you may have finer points of thought rolling around to p*** on the other urgency.

    I really don’t see the difference you currently promote and acquaint yourself with, this use of scripture. How different is it if I were to set out and interpret this as, , shall we say evolution of dung:

    “I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung” (Phil 3:8)

    I would hope some level of urgency rises up for that as it attempts to add to the sacred scriptures that points to wanting more of Christ, not to pay attention to an evolution of accomplishment. Also known as “extra-biblical”.


    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Here is how we are to judge what Im talking about!

    The people in this city listened with interest to what Paul was talking about...But rather than forming a mob, rather than looking for other means to prove Paul wrong, what they do is pick up the Bible and look at the very Scriptures that Paul was using to see if what Paul was saying was true?
    Do we operate in “revelation” as Paul did?

    “For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but by a revelation of Jesus” (Gal 1:12)

    As I mentioned, there is a reason why the bible warns us of both of my points, Because God knew before-hand that it could happen. Since there seems to be a lack of Pauls around who operate that way, it would be wise to heed the fuller instruction. For he was so deep into revelation that he was subjected to a specific torment in the flesh to keep him from being exalted too high II Cor12:7. But it didn’t stop there, Peter had to come to the defense of those who finds it hard to comprehend:

    “, , our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. (II Cor 3:15, 16).

    Obviously, a warning goes out to guard against the “shift of meanings”. A warning of not only unskillful, but the unstable. What I was searching for Alan was if there is anything of face-value that can guide us to well-founded teaching? The absence of which leads to my next listed warning; “off-limit concepts”. Notice the care they were concerned with over the integrity and purity of the text. Why? Because it was happening with those whom they were familiar:

    “We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,” (II Cor 10:5)

    Even with these two examples I chose, 1. keeping a tight-reign on the interpretation of all scripture and 2. the refusal of all counter-productive thoughts, we still might not adequately supply the younger in Christ with the appropriate mindset. Is there anything else of face-value that they could use? I think so, some are scripture, some reasoning, if you can think of any others, be my guest.

    1. If un-customary thoughts do enter, they aren’t necessarily bad, but where do they lead?

    A. Do they return glory to God?
    B. Does it point back to the cross?
    C. Do they rejoice in God’s provision?
    D. Do they tend to sidestep providence?
    E. Do they remain in a more coveted state?

    2. What is the difference between Holy Spirit understanding, and conjecture?

    A. Is the level of rejoicing in the unity with others present?
    B. Is the level of rejoicing mixed with strong H.S. agreement within?

    3. Should I care all that much as long as it is teachings in the Bible?

    Where does the glory of the spiritual instructor set, does it convey knowledge and humility?

    “See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.” (Col 2:8)

    "A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough." (Gal 5:9)

    “That no flesh should glory in his presence.” I Cor 1:29)

    “But he that glories, let him glory in the Lord” (II Cor 10:17)

    Mike.
    .

  10. #85
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Young earth creationism is an invention of man...Its not based on the Bible, rather its mostly based on what people would have wished the bible taught.

    I always quote the scripture when I teach...

    It falls to the person hearing my teaching to open their Bible and put my words to the very same test that they put the words of Paul to.
    "What test is that Alan?"

    You test what Im saying by opening the Bible and reading it for yourself.


    That...and only that, is what we are to do.

  11. #86
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Does the bible literally say that God made the heavens and the earth in the beginning or not?

    Does the Bible literally say the source of all life, (including humans) is the earth itself or not?

    Does the Bible literally say there is an ending to the first 6 days of the Genesis creation week yet not have any ending in the whole Bible for the 7th day yet or not?
    ?
    ....so far I have not seen anyone attempt to answer my questions...


    How very interesting...

  12. #87
    Senior Member MichaellS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Notre Dame, IN
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    Again, you may have finer points of thought rolling around to p*** on the other urgency.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    You test what Im saying by opening the Bible and reading it for yourself.

    That...and only that, is what we are to do.
    Not according to the scripture which has to do with the handling of it. If it doesn’t apply, then where at?

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I always quote the scripture when I teach...
    Who said that is the problem? It isn’t.

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    You test what Im saying by opening the Bible and reading it for yourself.
    If your saying what I herein reference is wrong, then where at?

    Opening the bible is one thing, I get it, okay? But do you get this; to use it within God’s warnings of misuse is another. You seem to want to distance yourself from the warnings of handling the word as the word itself describes and instead parade the issue. Two entirely separate things yet related to this thread.

  13. #88
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Im simply asking you to listen to what Im saying that the Bible is teaching, (as they listened to Paul also taught what the Bible was teaching).....and test my words the very same way as they tested Paul's words...



    If you cant?....well, then just ask me to support anything I have said with a verse out of the text and you can decide for yourself if what Im saying is true...

    Or ....if the idea or reading the bible alone scares the**** out of you...

    Then, simply answer the 3 questions i asked that everyone is ducking.





    (But I mostly prefer you stick to option 1 )

  14. #89
    Senior Member MichaellS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Notre Dame, IN
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Im simply asking you to listen to what Im saying that the Bible is teaching
    Urgency number one:

    Alan’s dissertation of evolution from the bible.

    Urgency number two:

    God’s full warning against mishandling the bible.

    What good is urgency number one if we are lead to trample upon urgency number two?

    Mike.
    .

  15. #90
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I
    Or ... simply answer the 3 questions i asked that everyone is ducking.

    )
    How frightening it must be for some people....to be confronted by the facts when you open the Bible and read it for yourself ...

    How it must upset the apple-cart, to suddenly see that the Bible says things you simply wish it did not say.



    How calming it might be to think to yourself..."I will pretend the Bible says something else"

  16. #91
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    My advice?

    Be brave.....you can do this...


    Remember,there is a reason God has placed the Bible into your hands.

    He trusts you.






    One of the lies told the church before the Reformation was "You can't read the Bible for yourself".

    This is the same lie told today to people who have been sucked into the world of the CULTS.
    This is the Lie told Mormons, this is the Lie told people in the JWs...this is the Lie told to the Moonies.....etc,etc,etc

    Throughout all of history this is the same Lie told to people to justify the wall that the CULT will build between members of the CULT an their Lord.

    CULTS teach that you "must" remain within the CULT to learn the secrets of God....to learn how to approach God.....

    CULTS teach that you cant just open the Scriptures in the privacy of your own home and expect to find truth....

    CULTS teach that they and they alone are the only path to God, the ONLY path to truth.

    So what do I think of that?
    I disagree with the CULTS>
    I disagree with their idea that you cant find Truth on your own.

    I believe the reason you have that Bible in your hands is because God trusts you with it.

  17. #92
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    When I was younger we had our church bring in speakers to our Bible Study .
    one of the speakers was named Mr Ken Ham, who turns out to be about the most important living Young Earth Creation teacher!

    Over the next 8 weeks Mr Ken Ham taught my Bible Study his "ORIGINS bible study of Genesis.

    So this is the reason I know every argument put up against me by people that believe the YEC teachers.
    The reason is, is that I have heard it all before and heard it from the best there is.

    So that is also why I enjoy getting questions about what I have taught people,for the questions are all from the same source of the YEC,they are all questions I have had to answer a long time ago....never anything new...

    Now I also got a chance to attend another cl*** on Genesis taught by a different teacher, a Dr Hugh Ross.
    Mr Ross had afar better grasp on the truth that Mr Ham did.
    While I still found errors in a few of the teachings of Ross as well, it was yet very refreshing to finally see a person willing and brave enough to open the Bible for themselves and read what it says, rather than ***uming the Bible says somethings but not willing to prove it by reading where it says it.

  18. #93
    Senior Member MichaellS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Notre Dame, IN
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Oh I see where you want to go now, you want me to start in eh?

    No need, because everyone can see which comes first, God’s advice on handling, not your teaching.

    But you maintain its all in the teaching, , then maybe, , somewhere down the road we’ll remember what God said over the dangers of private manipulations to twist His book. When in spirit, the translation to all your deflections read:

    “I can’t possibly subject myself to that, I might have to trim the message, , and I don’t want to subject myself to that.”

    How can you do this and refuse God’s clear advice?

    I can tell over much of what you send, doesn’t return my reasoning on the exact thing you bring up. Why would you, your too busy setting up all these pre-defeated straw-men. Happy dodge-hunting!

    Maybe you could suggest an ignore list for some of those warnings in God's word that bother you.

  19. #94
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Now when I was in Mr Ken Ham's ORIGINS cl***, there was a single moment where I saw for myself the biggest error in the YEC teachings.
    That error is when Ken was teaching on the first thing God created.

    For the YEC believer, the first thing they think God created was "light", and because they also believe that God did not make the sun until Day 4, they have to invent a means to have light without any source for the light to come from.

    This starts the ball rolling for the YEC believer.
    The ball to be against science.
    For science says that the Big Bang, and stars like our sun were created billions of years ago.


    When I heard Mr ken Ham teach on this stuff something just clicked in my mind and I opened the Bible and started to read it for myself.
    That is the moment I saw that the Bible does not actually say what Ken ham was teaching it said.

    The Bible says something very different.
    The Bible says that the first thing God created in the beginning was "the heavens" not the light at all.

    So right at the start, the UEC teachings have a wrong foundation for all the teachings they hold to.

    The Bible simply does not teach that God made "light" before god made the sun and stars.




    Think Im wrong?
    Think the Bible teaches that god made light before he made the sun?.........go prove it.



    You cant.....

    Thats why so many people get so upset with me, and dont want to try to answer my 3 questions.
    They are afraid to open their Bible and read it for themselves because they know deep down in their hearts that Im right.

    They know Im right, but dont want to face that fact in the black and white of the text ....

  20. #95
    Senior Member MichaellS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Notre Dame, IN
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Now when I was in Mr Ken Ham's ORIGINS cl***, there was a single moment where I saw for myself the biggest error in the YEC teachings.
    That error is when Ken was teaching on the first thing God created.

    For the YEC believer, the first thing they think God created was "light", and because they also believe that God did not make the sun until Day 4, they have to invent a means to have light without any source for the light to come from.

    This starts the ball rolling for the YEC believer.
    The ball to be against science.
    For science says that the Big Bang, and stars like our sun were created billions of years ago.


    When I heard Mr ken Ham teach on this stuff something just clicked in my mind and I opened the Bible and started to read it for myself.
    That is the moment I saw that the Bible does not actually say what Ken ham was teaching it said.

    The Bible says something very different.
    The Bible says that the first thing God created in the beginning was "the heavens" not the light at all.

    So right at the start, the UEC teachings have a wrong foundation for all the teachings they hold to.

    The Bible simply does not teach that God made "light" before god made the sun and stars.




    Think Im wrong?
    Think the Bible teaches that god made light before he made the sun?.........go prove it.



    You cant.....

    Thats why so many people get so upset with me, and dont want to try to answer my 3 questions.
    They are afraid to open their Bible and read it for themselves because they know deep down in their hearts that Im right.

    They know Im right, but dont want to face that fact in the black and white of the text ....
    More denial. I know, because you couldn't bear the thought of subjecting yourself to the truth. Give it up, no one is interested in the insights of denial.

  21. #96
    Senior Member MichaellS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Notre Dame, IN
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Anyone else interested may want to weigh-in. Is it advisable to cut-away portions of God's will explained. Is that true road that leads to knowledge?

  22. #97
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    But...when you turn and read about the events of the 4th day, does it not say God made the sun on that day?

    Nope.


    But does not not clearly say god "also made"the stars on the 4thday?

    Nope.




    But in my Bible it says ,and I quote :" 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars." so does that not prove 100% that God made both the sun and moon on the 4th day as well as the stars?

    nope.






    Why not?



    The answer is that the writer of Genesis is careful to not say that the "sun" or that the "moon" was created on the 4thday.
    Notice we are only talking about the introduction of the "greater" and the "lesser" light.

    Greater and lesser are AMOUNTS of light.

    So the writer of genesis is talking about a change in the amount of light that is seen on the earth on the 4th day, and the writer of genesis also goes out of his way to make sure we dont think the sun and moon are created on this day by not using the words 'sun"and "moon"in what he is talking about.

    So the sun nor the moon is said to be made on the 4th day.



    But it says the 'stars' are made on the 4th day?

    Nope





    But I just quoted the verse and it says in black and white "also made the stars"

    Nope, that is not actually what the Hebrew text says there....



    Its not in the Hebrew?

    Nope,just look at the verse in a translation that will put the added words in brackets[] that tell us what words are there and what were added later by an editor.
    http://genius.com/Holy-bible-kjv-genesis-1-annotated




    so the words that teach that the stars were made on the 4thday do not appear in the text but were just simply added?

    yes.

  23. #98
    Senior Member MichaellS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Notre Dame, IN
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    But...when you turn and read about the events of the 4th day, does it not say God made the sun on that day?

    Nope.

    But does not not clearly say god "also made"the stars on the 4thday?

    Nope.

    But in my Bible it says ,and I quote :" 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars." so does that not prove 100% that God made both the sun and moon on the 4th day as well as the stars?

    nope.






    Why not?



    The answer is that the writer of Genesis is careful to not say that the "sun" or that the "moon" was created on the 4thday.
    Notice we are only talking about the introduction of the "greater" and the "lesser" light.

    Greater and lesser are AMOUNTS of light.

    So the writer of genesis is talking about a change in the amount of light that is seen on the earth on the 4th day, and the writer of genesis also goes out of his way to make sure we dont think the sun and moon are created on this day by not using the words 'sun"and "moon"in what he is talking about.

    So the sun nor the moon is said to be made on the 4th day.



    But it says the 'stars' are made on the 4th day?

    Nope





    But I just quoted the verse and it says in black and white "also made the stars"

    Nope, that is not actually what the Hebrew text says there....

    Its not in the Hebrew?

    Nope,just look at the verse in a translation that will put the added words in brackets[] that tell us what words are there and what were added later by an editor.
    http://genius.com/Holy-bible-kjv-genesis-1-annotated

    so the words that teach that the stars were made on the 4thday do not appear in the text but were just simply added?

    yes.
    Ha, guess I'm now on his ignore list. Opps, sorry if not as that would remind him of the scriptures.

  24. #99
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Now let me wrap up that important point Im making.



    The whole house of cards that the YEC teachers feel they need to build, is all because when they read the bible they believe it teaches that god created LIGHT before he created the SUN.

    They also believe that the bible teaches that god made the sun, moon, and stars on the 4th day.


    So all the YEC books and all the YEC websites that preach to us about the Young earth Creation teachings, are all because the YEC teachers had to connect the light at the start of the story with the sun that was not created until later in the story.

    but thats all only a false problem that is not actually taught in the Bible at all.





    What the bible actually teaches is that god made the sun and stars first.

    The bible teaches that the amount of light seen on the earth over time changed.

    Thats all the bible is saying, and it happens to be in agreement with what science says happened in our history too!

  25. #100
    alanmolstad
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    Ha, guess I'm now on his ignore list. Opps, sorry if not as that would remind him of the scriptures.
    if you want to add to the conversation?...fine.
    But if you dont, thats ok with me too...

    I have many things Im going to be going over and I invite you to be part of the conversation...
    But if you want to just sit back and watch from the fence?...thats cool with me too...


    I dont really care what you do at this point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •