Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Why to NOT take Genesis literally.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    My own view on the issue is that while Genesis is not a book teaching science, it none the less tells a religious story that works within the teachings of science and evolution.

We don't find evolution taught in the story of Genesis, but then again, we don't find any anti-evolution arguments in the story as well.

So in the end, I maintain that evolution and Genesis are like friendly neighbors, in that each is their own property yet they get along with their neighbor and together form a very nice relationship in the heart of the believer.
    Neither do we find anti arguments against man being hatched from a duck egg. . .but that is not a reason to believe man hatched from a duck egg either.

Your argument from absence fallacy is clear.

The problem with evolution is that it is merely a THEORY, cannot be shown to be replicatable in science, and NEVER shows one species 'morphing' into a new or improved species. The theory is too badly flawed to be considered intelligently, and if you believe it you must do so on the basis of emotions.
    Evolution requires DEATH to PRECEDE God's creation of Man. That is a 100% contradiction to the Biblical account.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    [COLOR=#0000cd]Neither do we find anti arguments against man being hatched from a duck egg.
    thats my point...

For so long I have heard from the Young Earthers that the teachings of Evolution are "against' what the Bible says..
    But the truth is, there is nothing in Genesis that actually stands 'against' evolution at all.

So this means there is no reason for some of my brothers to get all crazy and do name-calling against people like myself who have come to see that the proof behind evolution is sufficient and that there is squat in the bible against it..

So we dont see any problem with evolution at all.

The Bible does not teach "against" the evolution of life including man.

What the Bible does teach, is that man came forth from the earth.
    We see this teaching over and over in the Bible.

This same teaching is also at the heart of evolution.

So while evolution itself is not talked about in the Bible what we do find talked about is a story that walks with evolution.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 01-03-2017 at 08:28 PM.

thats my point...

For so long I have heard from the Young Earthers that the teachings of Evolution are "against' what the Bible says..
    But the truth is, there is nothing in Genesis that actually stands 'against' evolution at all.

So this means there is no reason for some of my brothers to get all crazy and do name-calling against people like myself who have come to see that the proof behind evolution is sufficient and that there is squat in the bible against it..

So while evolution itself is not talked about in the Bible what we do find talked about is a story that walks with evolution.
    So Alan I ask again, show one verse in the Bible that would cause a person to come to the conclusion that man evolved from an ape.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness". 2Tim 3:16

Those who would learn the things of God, and be ***ured of them, must know the Holy Scriptures, for they are the Divine revelation. What Darwin wrote was not divine revelation. The Bible is profitable for all purposes of the Christian life. It is of use to all, for all need to be taught, corrected, and reproved. There is something in the Scriptures suitable for every case including Creation, God did not need The Origin of Species to explain Genesis.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    So Alan I ask again, show one verse in the Bible that would cause a person to come to the conclusion that man evolved from an ape.

If you drop back and read post number #146 you will see my answer to your request.

Its why so many times this topic never is allowed to go anywhere except round and round.

I try my best to tell people that "The Bible does not "teach" evolution, rather it has no anti-evolution arguments within it's text."

Yet it's like Im talking to a blank wall for the first question I always seem to get is "Show me where the Bible teaches evolution"?

I just dont know how else to say it...my skills at posting are at their limit Im afraid. I dont know how else to say what it is I see and do not see taught in the bible !

All I can say is what I have already said, many, many, many times before.
    That is?....

That is the following,

In the Bible we learn that all life is from the earth

In the Bible we learn that huimans are from this earth

In the Bible we learn that animals and humans share a common starting point.

In the Bible we learn that the common starting point of all life is this earth.

And in Evolution we learn that this is all also true as well.

and...
    In the Bible we don't read any words that stand against evolution, nor do we see any anti-evolutional arguments made.

So the conclusion is this:
    That both Evolution and Genesis are able to walk hand-in-hand with the other without issue.

alanmolstad

If you drop back and read post number #146 you will see my answer to your request.

Its why so many times this topic never is allowed to go anywhere except round and round.

I try my best to tell people that "The Bible does not "teach" evolution, rather it has no anti-evolution arguments within it's text."

Yet it's like Im talking to a blank wall for the first question I always seem to get is "Show me where the Bible teaches evolution"?

I just dont know how else to say it...my skills at posting are at their limit Im afraid. I dont know how else to say what it is I see and do not see taught in the bible !

All I can say is what I have already said, many, many, many times before.
    That is?....

That is the following,

In the Bible we learn that all life is from the earth

In the Bible we learn that huimans are from this earth

In the Bible we learn that animals and humans share a common starting point.

In the Bible we learn that the common starting point of all life is this earth.

And in Evolution we learn that this is all also true as well.

and...
    In the Bible we don't read any words that stand against evolution, nor do we see any anti-evolutional arguments made.

So the conclusion is this:
    That both Evolution and Genesis are able to walk hand-in-hand with the other without issue.
    So if you read my post above and yet still think you are going to post the same question about "Alan show me where the Bible says we evolved from apes?" you can just save both out times and repeat my answer above to that question.

and if you feel compelled to keep asking that same question over and over, then please also feel free to post my answer in response to that same question as many times as well...

alanmolstad

Sometimes I suspect that the earth is created by aliens.

How can science gather evidence for a supernatural act and then examine the creative act? You cannot put a supernatural act in a scientific bottle. In other words, science is useless when it comes to our origins.
    check the new book thread to find my new books

In Matthew 19:4 Jesus said “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female".
    Jesus doesn't leave any room for "evolving" from apes, the "theory" is satans attempt to eliminate the need for a Creator.

what was man before that?

What does the Bible say was man before they were male and female?

The answer is how we find that when the Bible is talking about does fit with what science and evolution is also talking about.

Go read what the Bible says man was before they were male and female....

God made man from the dust of the earth, ok God made man from the elements he had already created. That doesn't sound
    like evolution nor does this,"And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man." Gen 2:21-22
    Does that sound like it took God millions of years? I see no mention of any apes here either.

God "formed" the man out of the earth itself.

We humans are a part of this earth that has come to life.
    We share this fact with the animals....for the animals also are said to come forth from this earth in both evolution and in Genesis.

Now the criticism that the words in the text don't "sound" exactly like the way modern science teachers describe the science of evolution is silly...

Im not saying that the teachings of evolution are found in the Text,,,

However, what I am saying is what we read in Genesis works hand-in-hand with the teachings of evolution,

and that Im also pointing out that there are no words in the Text of Genesis that stand "against" the teachings of evolution.

So we have two works that talk about the same point of time in earth's history that are describing the same events but only in different ways, but yet in agreement with each other and without contradiction.

now as for the idea " I see no mention of any apes here either." , here is the answer -

According to the teachings of evolution, what came before the rise of humans and apes?...

and what was before that?

and before that?
    and before that, and that, and that?

Follow the chain of life according to the teachings of evolution and go back to the very beginning, the very "origin" of the first building blocks of pre-life?

Where do you end up?.....
    The answer is in agreement with the Text of Genesis, for you end up with all life , (both human and the animals) coming forth out of this very Earth itself!

(To confirm this for yourself, just check the text at Genesis 2:19 and Genesis 3:19)

The starting point is the same in Genesis and evolution.

Thus in the end we get to the same point in total agreement.

Hi Alan,

Where does the bible talk about a "chain of life", that's a man made concept. The scriptures say
    that God created beasts and cattle and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind.
    It doesn't even hint that any creature came from some other kind. Cattle were created as cattle
    fish as fish and men as men. Sorry, no room for years of death and mutations for creatures and man to evolve.

Just take a look at the teachings of Evolution and with them trace back all life to its source.
    Where does all life come from according to evolution?...

The answer is the same answer we get at Genesis 2:19

So what does this mean for us?...it means that there is no contradiction at all between the strory found in Genesis and the teachings of evolution.
    Both works are able to walk hand in hand with each other.
    Last edited by alan; 11-01-2018 at 04:53 AM.