Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calvin- Luther

Christodoulos

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    2nd Samuel 7:2
    So,why don't you tell me in your own words what I'm supposed to know..go ahead ,be my guest. I mean ,can't you put two sentences together or two thoughts.? give me a break.

cheachea

You give Christodoulos the answer but he just doesn't listen. It's sad really. The same thing happened in his Exodus thread.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
    You give Christodoulos the answer but he just doesn't listen. It's sad really. The same thing happened in his Exodus thread.
    I see......its to be expected then I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by Christodoulos View Post
    nothing new there... the problem everyone faces is not being able to understand the nature of the church.

The truth is we don't have a church;there is none .

What we have are many thousands of different and competing denominations.

This problem goes back to the origins of the church. And do you know who created the above ground , visible, bricks and mortar church ?
    Let me know what your answer is..
    "The New Testament speaks of a large church in Jerusalem meeting together in a public space (e.g., the outer court of the temple in Acts 2:46) and in smaller groups in houses (e.g., the house of Mary, mother of Mark, in Acts 12:12). This practice must have been carried on in many cities of the Roman empire. For the most part, the church was dependent on members or supporters (patrons) who owned larger houses, providing a place for meeting. In Rome, there are indications that early Christians met in other public spaces such as warehouses or apartment buildings. Before Emperor Constantine recognized Christianity as a legal religion in 313, corporate ownership of property by the church could be legally ambiguous. Unless claims for recent discoveries of early Christian meeting places are confirmed, the earliest building certainly devoted to Christian use is at Dura Europos on the Euphrates River in eastern Roman Syria. It was a house that came into Christian possession and was remodeled in the 240s. Two rooms were combined to form the ***embly room, and another room became a baptistery—the only room decorated with pictures. Dura was destroyed by the S***anian Persians in 256, so the house's use as a church was short-lived.
    The church's house at Dura represents an intermediate stage between meeting in members' houses or other suitable places, and constructing buildings specifically for church meetings. There are literary references to separate church buildings from the end of the second century and through the third century, but it is uncertain whether these were existing structures remodeled for church use, like the house at Dura, or new constructions. We have archaeological evidence of halls being built for church meetings at the end of the third and beginning of the fourth century. The great era of church buildings began with Constantine's patronage of the church in the fourth century. He commissioned basilicas to signal his support of the new religion and to advertise his reign."
    Copied from Christian History written by Everett Ferguson

Christodoulos

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    "The New Testament speaks of a large church in Jerusalem meeting together in a public space (e.g., the outer court of the temple in Acts 2:46) and in smaller groups in houses (e.g., the house of Mary, mother of Mark, in Acts 12:12). This practice must have been carried on in many cities of the Roman empire. For the most part, the church was dependent on members or supporters (patrons) who owned larger houses, providing a place for meeting. In Rome, there are indications that early Christians met in other public spaces such as warehouses or apartment buildings. Before Emperor Constantine recognized Christianity as a legal religion in 313, corporate ownership of property by the church could be legally ambiguous. Unless claims for recent discoveries of early Christian meeting places are confirmed, the earliest building certainly devoted to Christian use is at Dura Europos on the Euphrates River in eastern Roman Syria. It was a house that came into Christian possession and was remodeled in the 240s. Two rooms were combined to form the ***embly room, and another room became a baptistery—the only room decorated with pictures. Dura was destroyed by the S***anian Persians in 256, so the house's use as a church was short-lived.
    The church's house at Dura represents an intermediate stage between meeting in members' houses or other suitable places, and constructing buildings specifically for church meetings. There are literary references to separate church buildings from the end of the second century and through the third century, but it is uncertain whether these were existing structures remodeled for church use, like the house at Dura, or new constructions. We have archaeological evidence of halls being built for church meetings at the end of the third and beginning of the fourth century. The great era of church buildings began with Constantine's patronage of the church in the fourth century. He commissioned basilicas to signal his support of the new religion and to advertise his reign."
    Copied from Christian History written by Everett Ferguson
    Yeah, the visible church was the work of Constantine. .. And have we strayed from his edicts?

cheachea

Yeah, the visible church was the work of Constantine. .. And have we strayed from his edicts?

So are you saying that you are a Christian ?

Christodoulos

what part of ignore don't you understand? Don't break the forum rules.

cheachea

what part of ignore don't you understand? Don't break the forum rules.

OK so you are ignoring me then ?

cheachea

If that is the case then you specifically have to click on my name and then add me to your ignore list. Some how you were able to read my question.

Christodoulos

OK so you are ignoring me then ?
    Yes , I'm ignoring you ,so why don't you be a good christian and quit stalking me and quit breaking the rules of the forum.

cheachea

Yes , I'm ignoring you ,so why don't you be a good christian and quit stalking me and quit breaking the rules of the forum.
    Well, you actually have to put me on your ignore list if you really want to ignore me.

Christodoulos

Well, you actually have to put me on your ignore list if you really want to ignore me.
    I don't care how you spend your time ... it's funny how your mind works .. there are many others just like you in the world.. desperate people in search of something.

cheachea

I don't care how you spend your time ... it's funny how your mind works .. there are many others just like you in the world.. desperate people in search of something.
    So, I guess you are not really going to ignore me.

Christodoulos

So, I guess you are not really going to ignore me.
    why would i ignore you? I mean you' have the mind of a genius.

cheachea

why would i ignore you? I mean you' have the mind of a genius.

Now you're using sarcasm to insult me. I haven't insulted you.

Christodoulos

calling you a genius is an insult?

cheachea

calling you a genius is an insult?

Doing it in a sarcastic way is.

Christodoulos

Doing it in a sarcastic way is.

Everything you have just written is Nonsense and slander against a Godly Man. Are you trying to Troll these forums ?

Your whole rant is nothing but Lies Upon Lies. Sound familiar? enjoy your double talk.

cheachea

Everything you have just written is Nonsense and slander against a Godly Man. Are you trying to Troll these forums ?

Your whole rant is nothing but Lies Upon Lies. Sound familiar? enjoy your double talk.

I wasn't insulting you. I was telling you the truth.

* You are trolling
    * You are slandering a Godly Man(Ken Ham)
    * You are posting nonsense and lies upon lies

Christodoulos

I wasn't insulting you. I was telling you the truth.

* You are trolling
    * You are slandering a Godly Man(Ken Ham)
    * You are posting nonsense and lies upon lies
    And the same with me . You are a great genius . A mind of pure brilliance. And that's the truth.

cheachea

And the same with me . You are a great genius . A mind of pure brilliance. And that's the truth.

Don't use sarcasm or use p***ive aggression. Just be direct. I confronted your lies and slander, but you don't want to reply or give a re****al.

Christodoulos

Don't use sarcasm or use p***ive aggression. Just be direct. I confronted your lies and slander, but you don't want to reply or give a re****al.
    how exactly did you do that? be direct.

cheachea

how exactly did you do that? be direct.
    I pointed out that you were slandering Ken ham.

John T

WOW! that must be a WM record. The poster was here for less than 60 days, and is now banned. I cannot say that I will miss him.

alanmolstad

and.......we move on.....