Thread: Read all about it!!

Christodoulos

Default Read all about it!!

The Seventh-Day Adventist Church is facing a $13.5 million lawsuit for allegedly appointing a known pedophile to a youth group leader position. Two men have said they were sexually abused by the youth leader while involved with the “Pathfinder” group in the 1970s.

Leslie Bovee, who had previously served time in prison for sexually abusing three boys, was appointed to head the Pathfinders group, a co-ed youth program in 1972. Bovee was charged again in 1975 for molesting a 12-year-old boy, but continued to lead the group until he left the church in 1979.

Attorney Peter Janci, representing the plaintiffs said, "This is a situation where they knew this guy had abused kids and they didn't just let him in the church, they put him in charge of the youth program.”

Charisma News reports the men filed suit against the Seventh-Day Adventist Church when they learned the church knew that Bovee was a known sex offender.

ITS NOT JUST THE CATHOLICS!!! get it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Christodoulos View Post
    The Seventh-Day Adventist Church is facing a $13.5 million lawsuit for allegedly appointing a known pedophile to a youth group leader position. Two men have said they were sexually abused by the youth leader while involved with the “Pathfinder” group in the 1970s.

Leslie Bovee, who had previously served time in prison for sexually abusing three boys, was appointed to head the Pathfinders group, a co-ed youth program in 1972. Bovee was charged again in 1975 for molesting a 12-year-old boy, but continued to lead the group until he left the church in 1979.

Attorney Peter Janci, representing the plaintiffs said, "This is a situation where they knew this guy had abused kids and they didn't just let him in the church, they put him in charge of the youth program.”

Charisma News reports the men filed suit against the Seventh-Day Adventist Church when they learned the church knew that Bovee was a known sex offender.

ITS NOT JUST THE CATHOLICS!!! get it ?
    I don't get that anyone was denying that Protestant groups don't have perverts. I thought the whole point in bringing up the subject was the fact that there is something inherently wrong in the RC denomination that led to the cover-ups. It's called "omerta" - keeping silent about crimes committed because the criminal officially confessed in the confession booth. As far as I know, no Protestant denomination has any such official confidence policy (although some might differ with me here) - all I know is that it is a crime to withhold information about a crime, and I personally would not keep silent of such a thing if I knew about it, and I don't personally know anyone who differs with this opinion. It would be sinful to break a confidence, but it is a greater sin to keep silent when a pervert is enabled by silence to commit his crimes. Yes indeed, it's not just the RCs, but the RCC also needs some reform in their policies.
    TD

alanmolstad

Mod Edit

Rule Violation - No Baiting

Christodoulos

Mod Edit

Rule violation - No Baiting

Christodoulos

Quote Originally Posted by tdidymas View Post
    I don't get that anyone was denying that Protestant groups don't have perverts. I thought the whole point in bringing up the subject was the fact that there is something inherently wrong in the RC denomination that led to the cover-ups. It's called "omerta" - keeping silent about crimes committed because the criminal officially confessed in the confession booth. As far as I know, no Protestant denomination has any such official confidence policy (although some might differ with me here) - all I know is that it is a crime to withhold information about a crime, and I personally would not keep silent of such a thing if I knew about it, and I don't personally know anyone who differs with this opinion. It would be sinful to break a confidence, but it is a greater sin to keep silent when a pervert is enabled by silence to commit his crimes. Yes indeed, it's not just the RCs, but the RCC also needs some reform in their policies.
    TD
    Are you saying the R.C. church is just another mafia org. ?
    Omerta is part of sicilian mafia.

Do you have wings? your church doesn't do cover ups or make serious mistakes ? get real.

Quote Originally Posted by Christodoulos View Post
    Are you saying the R.C. church is just another mafia org. ?
    Omerta is part of sicilian mafia.

Do you have wings? your church doesn't do cover ups or make serious mistakes ? get real.
    Are you trying to say that the RCC does NOT have a policy of silence about crimes confessed in the booth?
    TD

Christodoulos

Quote Originally Posted by tdidymas View Post
    Are you trying to say that the RCC does NOT have a policy of silence about crimes confessed in the booth?
    TD
    It's not a policy ;it's part of the church canon.