Thread: Creation Museum: A Monument to Man's Ignorance.

Christodoulos

Default Creation Museum: A Monument to Man's Ignorance.

The creation museum has done more to damage the Gospel and the cause of Christ in the modern world than anything that the Freedom from Religion organization or even the Boslsheviks could've possibly done to
    create a sense of derision for all that is of faith in God in society.

The scriptures also refer to the earth as a flat disk;so why not believe the earth to be flat?

This is why America's youth are leaving the various churches and worse-why they are abandoning the faith.

Thank you Mr. canned ham. Thank you for all you've done to destroy the christian faith in america.

I hope you can sleep at night .

But where you are going, sleep won't be your biggest problem. But where to cool off will be!!

MacG

The scriptures also refer to the earth as a flat disk;so why not believe the earth to be flat?
    I was not aware of this, cite please.

Christodoulos

Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post
    I was not aware of this, cite please.
    From their geographical and historical context, one would expect the ancient Hebrews to have a flat-earth cosmology. Indeed, from the very beginning, ultra-orthodox Christians have been flat-earthers, arguing that to believe otherwise is to deny the literal truth of the Bible. The flat-earth implications of the Bible were rediscovered and popularized by English-speaking Christians in the mid-19th century. Liberal scriptural scholars later derived the same view. Thus, students with remarkably disparate points of view independently concluded that the ancient Hebrews had a flat-earth cosmology, often deriving this view from scripture alone. Their conclusions were dramatically confirmed by the rediscovery of 1 Enoch.

Christodoulos

Ken Ham has been doing a number on the fundamentalist crowd ever since he landed in the USA.

What people here do not understand is how incredibly stupid the Evangelical fundamentalist crowd truly is.

In fact, the creation museum should be shut down and put out of business . This will happen on its own overtime.

But clearly,to present the creation museum as a scientific model for others to learn from is clearly an attempt to defraud the public.

Why the authorities can't see this swindle for what it is ,has more to do with creating visitors and cash paying idiotic tourists and bringing them to their districts.

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by Christodoulos View Post
    From their geographical and historical context, one would expect the ancient Hebrews to have a flat-earth cosmology. Indeed, from the very beginning, ultra-orthodox Christians have been flat-earthers, arguing that to believe otherwise is to deny the literal truth of the Bible. The flat-earth implications of the Bible were rediscovered and popularized by English-speaking Christians in the mid-19th century. Liberal scriptural scholars later derived the same view. Thus, students with remarkably disparate points of view independently concluded that the ancient Hebrews had a flat-earth cosmology, often deriving this view from scripture alone. Their conclusions were dramatically confirmed by the rediscovery of 1 Enoch.
    So no quotes in the standard canon which the earth is a 'flat disk'?

Christodoulos

Quote Originally Posted by MacG View Post
    So no quotes in the standard canon which the earth is a 'flat disk'?
    the word disk ,i don't think is king james.

I stated that scriptures refer the earth as being a flat disk.

and I gave you something to read about it.

cheachea

You never gave a specific verse. Can you actually give a specific verse in the Bible saying that the earth is a flat disk ?

Christodoulos

Quote Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
    You never gave a specific verse. Can you actually give a specific verse in the Bible saying that the earth is a flat disk ?

Everything you have just written is Nonsense and slander against a Godly Man. Are you trying to Troll these forums ?

Your whole rant is nothing but Lies Upon Lies. sound familiar? enjoy your double talk.

cheachea

Everything you have just written is Nonsense and slander against a Godly Man. Are you trying to Troll these forums ?

Your whole rant is nothing but Lies Upon Lies. sound familiar? enjoy your double talk.

I'm still waiting for a verse.

Christodoulos

I'm still waiting for a verse.
    I'm just trolling .. remember.you can wait forever if you like . oh man of genius.

Christodoulos

hey ,man of genius ,, you're taking too long to respond.

cheachea

Please provide a verse in your next post. Thanks.

Christodoulos

Please provide a verse in your next post. Thanks.
    I'm just trolling remember in your next post .

cheachea

I'm just trolling remember in your next post .

In that case you might get reported and banned soon then.

Christodoulos

In that case you might get reported and banned soon then.
    you won't get any of your questions answered if you do that will you..

cheachea

you won't get any of your questions answered if you do that will you..

I got a feeling that you are not going to answer my questions anyway honestly.

MacG

I see. So no scriptures as you stated, exist?

FWIW, the word circle does not appear in 1 Enoch.

alanmolstad

1st......I simply have zero free time during the week to post here..so thats a problem for it seems that all other guests only have free time during the work week to post here...Thus I am not able to have much of a good conversation on this topic.

2nd...Im the only one here that has sat and listened to Ken Ham teach on his ORIGINS ideas, for I attended his 8-week cl*** and I have seen all he shows people, listened to all his arguments.

3rd....I came away with a profound sadness at the harm the Young earth Creationism teachings were doing to the other members of my cl***.
    I also came away with a mission, and that mission was to set forward to people a "alternative" to what Ken Ham was teaching. My alternative is to just read the Text and teach it as it appears....Take it at face value that it means what it says.
    Take it to mean what it shows us it says, free of our needing to come in and change things, add words, slap on new meanings, just to make it agree with YEC teachings...

So lastly 4th....Ken Ham was mostly wrong about all his YEC ideas....mostly very wrong to the point of being very harmful to the church

MacG

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    1st......I simply have zero free time during the week to post here..so thats a problem for it seems that all other guests only have free time during the work week to post here...Thus I am not able to have much of a good conversation on this topic.

2nd...Im the only one here that has sat and listened to Ken Ham teach on his ORIGINS ideas, for I attended his 8-week cl*** and I have seen all he shows people, listened to all his arguments.

3rd....I came away with a profound sadness at the harm the Young earth Creationism teachings were doing to the other members of my cl***.
    I also came away with a mission, and that mission was to set forward to people a "alternative" to what Ken Ham was teaching. My alternative is to just read the Text and teach it as it appears....Take it at face value that it means what it says.
    Take it to mean what it shows us it says, free of our needing to come in and change things, add words, slap on new meanings, just to make it agree with YEC teachings...

So lastly 4th....Ken Ham was mostly wrong about all his YEC ideas....mostly very wrong to the point of being very harmful to the church
    To whom were you replying?

alanmolstad

I was responding more or less to post number 4 but also because I don't get a chance to post very much I'm just making this a general post so everyone is included

I am not really a fan of the Creation Museum but I am sure it serves a purpose. I am really against the new 'ark encounter' AIG is building and have sent my comments to that organization directly. That project is a waste of money and I am disappointed in their reliance on feasibility studies than God's leading. They also told me that they think that this new project is the foremost evangelistic tool they can think of.

I told them that this new project was more about Mr. Ham's ego than God or evangelism. They didn't like that. But I see more of Mr. ham than God in their recent actions {billboards}

alanmolstad

The guy got banned, and after reading the flow of this conversation its not hard to see that would be soon the result of his comments.

It is worth noting that when asked to provide a verse that says the "Earth if Flat" the guy could only dodge the question.

Now Im not saying there is or is not such a verse,,,,,but I am saying that it was clear after reading this that then guy named Christodoulos
    was unable to supply such a verse when asked over and over for it...