Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Jesus Sin?

TheSword99

Default Did Jesus Sin?

In another thread it has been insinuated that Jesus Christ was a sinner. Is this what Mormonism teaches?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSword99 View Post
    In another thread it has been insinuated that Jesus Christ was a sinner. Is this what Mormonism teaches?
    LOL... You still don't get it. I was laughing at YOU and how completely ridiculous your accusation was.

Perhaps if you actually reposted my post that you misinterpreted to mean I was saying Jesus sinned.
    That way we can all have a good laugh.

glm1978

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    LOL... You still don't get it. I was laughing at YOU and how completely ridiculous your accusation was.

Perhaps if you actually reposted my post that you misinterpreted to mean I was saying Jesus sinned.
    That way we can all have a good laugh.
    Bruce McConkie:

The man who became the Father was not eternal God. Since he died, he needed to be "resurrected". And once being a sinner, he needed "salvation". That is the theology system of Mormonism.

Guess the last laugh is on you...lol

Billyray

So you believe that Jesus was perfect before he was baptized?

Quote Originally Posted by glm1978 View Post
    Bruce McConkie:

The man who became the Father was not eternal God. Since he died, he needed to be "resurrected". And once being a sinner, he needed "salvation". That is the theology system of Mormonism.

Guess the last laugh is on you...lol
    That's not my post to which your OP is alluding to.
    Post the one where I said Jesus was not perfect.

glm1978

That's not my post to which your OP is alluding to.
    Post the one where I said Jesus was not perfect.

"He needed baptism to become perfected, but it's also my belief that He needed baptism to be perfect also. Jesus did not pick and chose which of the the Father's commandments He wanted to follow, the way you do."

The above is your post. I don't see anything about Christ being perfect in the above. Seems you keep dodging the simple question Billy has been asking you. Was Jesus perfect before his baptism?

Are you denying that your church teaches God sinned before he became God.

"He needed baptism to become perfected, but it's also my belief that He needed baptism to be perfect also. Jesus did not pick and chose which of the the Father's commandments He wanted to follow, the way you do."

The above is your post. I don't see anything about Christ being perfect in the above. Seems you keep dodging the simple question Billy has been asking you. Was Jesus perfect before his baptism?
    It's very simple... Christ needed to fulfill every jot and ***tle in order for Him to be [complete] perfected

Matt 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth p*** away, one jot or one ***tle shall in no wise p*** from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Had Christ of missed just one prophesy or work of His Father in Heaven, or if Christ left one act of righteousness unfulfilled that would make someone a liar and Jesus not perfect. Christ's mission was not fulfilled and hence He could not be perfected[perfect in all things] until after His resurrection.
    "
    Of course I'm denying that, that's just silly.

James Banta

WHAT? Just where is the Law Jesus kept by being baptized? Did the baptism of John even have the same authority as Christian baptism? What about those that had received the baptism of John who submitted to Christian baptism:

Acts 19:2-5
    He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
    And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
    Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
    When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Therefore to equate the Baptism of John which Jesus submitted to with Christian baptism is a mistake.. Even in that a Christian is saved by the cleansing power of the Blood of Jesus not that of mere water, even the waters of baptism. IHS jim

James Banta

It's very simple... Christ needed to fulfill every jot and ***tle in order for Him to be [complete] perfected

Matt 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth p*** away, one jot or one ***tle shall in no wise p*** from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Had Christ of missed just one prophesy or work of His Father in Heaven, or if Christ left one act of righteousness unfulfilled that would make someone a liar and Jesus not perfect. Christ's mission was not fulfilled and hence He could not be perfected[perfect in all things] until after His resurrection.
    GARBAGE! Jesus did all He did because He is perfect not that He had to become prefect.Jesus is God there was no way He could be anything but what He is Perfect.. Just like we can't be anything but what we are SINNERS.. IHS jim

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    GARBAGE! Jesus did all He did because He is perfect not that He had to become prefect.Jesus is God there was no way He could be anything but what He is Perfect.. Just like we can't be anything but what we are SINNERS.. IHS jim
    There you go again James changing words. I said He had to become perfected by remaining perfect.

TheSword99

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    WHAT? Just where is the Law Jesus kept by being baptized? Did the baptism of John even have the same authority as Christian baptism? What about those that had received the baptism of John who submitted to Christian baptism:

Acts 19:2-5
    He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
    And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
    Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
    When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Therefore to equate the Baptism of John which Jesus submitted to with Christian baptism is a mistake.. Even in that a Christian is saved by the cleansing power of the Blood of Jesus not that of mere water, even the waters of baptism. IHS jim
    No Jim, glm1978 was quoting theway who said Jesus needed baptism to be perfect.

TheSword99

It's

Than why did McConkie say God had sinned when he was a man? Even Lorenzo Snow said the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSword99 View Post
    Than why did McConkie say God had sinned when he was a man? Even Lorenzo Snow said the same thing.
    Well... I already know you are wrong, but I'd like to see you waste time looking for that quote, in those words, and not just your twisted opinion of what they said.

Have fun!

TheSword99

Well... I already know you are wrong, but I'd like to see you waste time looking for that quote, in those words, and not just your twisted opinion of what they said.

Have fun!

glm1978 already gave you the quote. Scroll up...lol

You said Christ needed baptism to be perfect. Then you say he was always perfect. Which is it?

Lorenzo Snow says as man is, God once was, If that's true than God must have sinned if he was just like us. So go ahead and tell me he didn't mean what he said.

TheSword99

Have fun!
    BTW, here's a great site that quotes the lds on whether God ever sinned.

www.mrm.org/god-never-sinned

However, I bet you won't have the courage to look at it.

Libby

Aaron Shaf?

Libby

Btw, there was some study done showing that over 50% of people calling themselves Christian, believed it was possible that Jesus sinned.

That belief is not really all that uncommon.

Libby

Sorry, not 50%...but, one third.

Half of Americans who call themselves “Christian” don’t believe Satan exists and fully one-third are confident that Jesus sinned while on Earth, according to a new Barna Group poll.

Another 40 percent say they do not have a responsibility to share their Christian faith with others, and 25 percent “dismiss the idea that the Bible is accurate in all of the principles it teaches,” the organization reports.
    http://www.wnd.com/2009/01/86312/

Libby

Interesting...

By a margin of 71 percent to 26 percent adults “noted that they are personally more likely to develop their own set of religious beliefs than to accept a comprehensive set of beliefs taught by a particular church,” the report said.

Nearly two-thirds of “born again Christians” adopted that stance.
    People are starting to think for themselves, more. Personally, I think that's a very good sign.

RealFakeHair

Default I am perfect in every way.

There you go again James changing words. I said He had to become perfected by remaining perfect.
    Sorry, but that doesn't make sense.

glm1978

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    Sorry, but that doesn't make sense.
    That's the confusing world of Mormonism. They will say that Jesus needed to be baptized in order to be perfect. Then they say he was always perfect.

RealFakeHair

Default That's what I keep tellin my wife.

That's the confusing world of Mormonism. They will say that Jesus needed to be baptized in order to be perfect. Then they say he was always perfect.
    I ask her every day, " what more you want of a perfect husband?"
    Before I give her a chance to answer I pick up my golf clubs and head out the door.

Libby

It's not really that confusing.

All "the way" is trying to say is that, if Jesus really did come here to "fulfill the law", there was a process to that. He may have been perfect, but his mission was not complete (perfection was not displayed) until he fulfilled that mission perfectly.

Billyray

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    It's not really that confusing.

All "the way" is trying to say is that, if Jesus really did come here to "fulfill the law", there was a process to that. He may have been perfect, but his mission was not complete (perfection was not displayed) until he fulfilled that mission perfectly.
    So you are saying that Jesus was perfect prior to his baptism which of course is what every Christian has said thus far?

Libby

I believe Jesus was always perfect, yes. Perfectly God.