Thread: born gay?.....perhaps

alanmolstad

Default born gay?.....perhaps

I actually think that the gay guys I have known personally were screwed up from birth.
    I knew many of these guys growing up and it was not hard to tell they were gay even when we were just little kids growing up.

alanmolstad

I was a speaker on the local Seattle Christian radio station one time, and I was part of a discussion on the gays and stuff related.

I kinda represented a more conservative viewpoint.
    With me on the show was the current host, and a member of ACT UP and then there was a girl who was gay along with this other girl.

During the discussion I learned that the ACT UP guy felt that his being gay was a "choice" he had made.
    He was totally against the idea of "Gay at birth" as he felt that this risked people thinking that being gay was a "treatable" thing that happens to children.

One of the girls there , although she was gay too, felt that she had always been gay from birth.
    She was on the show I guess to push the idea that "God made her this way".

The other girl on the show was not sure, but did claim to have feelings that she thinks were that she was gay early in life, but that it grew into something stronger as she got out of High school and started to hang out with gay girlfriends.

What I learned also is that all 3 of these people that were arguing with me, all admitted that as a small child each had been molested by an older member of their family.

To me this pointed to something more important to pay attention to.
    I have the feeling that because each of these people was molested at such a young age that it mixed them up.

I think this would mix up anyone...

I came away from that conversation unsure if any person is "born gay" or not?
    But am now sure that if a small child is molested that this can totally mess up their young minds and lead to all kinds of bad results later in their adult life.

one thing that tony compolo (sp) did say that I liked was that ****sexuals start thinking they are ****sexuals at a very young age thus they do not realize they had a choice. they think they always were gay but that is not the reality. they made a choice when the were young but do not remember it
    check the new book thread to find my new books

in other words, they made a choice but do not remember it. they were never born gay

alanmolstad

I dont know about such things.
    All Im saying is that of the gay people on the radio show with me that day, there seemed to be something in-common that had that was very bad to have happened to any little child.

Im also able to see that a lot of the people that claim that they were born gay, or that none are born gay, base more of their reasons on the politics of the topic,,,,

alanmolstad

Here is what I do know from growing up around a few friends that did turn gay later.

I have noticed that some guys were simply "gay" or rather had a bit if "girlish-ness" about them all their lives.
    I could see something odd about them from the start, and as we got older this became more and more clear to people that they were just not right from the start.

On the other hand....

I also knew a guy who was just a normal guy all the time I knew him in grade school and in high school.
    There was nothing odd about them at any point, and they married and had kids.

Then....one day I learned that over the last year they had been involved with some gay guys and ended up walking out on the wife.

I was shocked and I never saw this coming.

So are some "born gay"?....I think there is a case to be made that for the people I have known all their lives, they sure showed signs of being gay from the start.

Others are clearly not born gay, and they have made a choice..

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Here is what I do know from growing up around a few friends that did turn gay later.

I have noticed that some guys were simply "gay" or rather had a bit if "girlish-ness" about them all their lives.
    I could see something odd about them from the start, and as we got older this became more and more clear to people that they were just not right from the start.

On the other hand....

I also knew a guy who was just a normal guy all the time I knew him in grade school and in high school.
    There was nothing odd about them at any point, and they married and had kids.

Then....one day I learned that over the last year they had been involved with some gay guys and ended up walking out on the wife.

I was shocked and I never saw this coming.

So are some "born gay"?....I think there is a case to be made that for the people I have known all their lives, they sure showed signs of being gay from the start.

Others are clearly not born gay, and they have made a choice..
    I noticed that yu are marked as a guest here what happened to your moderator status?

I simply have no free time to deal with such things anymore,