Thread: Sin or Sinner Hate

Default Sin or Sinner Hate

What folly we have today with how far the world looks upon a Christian. It will go out of it’s way to paint the Christian in the poorest light possible if somehow possible extract out of us something other than sinners saved without merit. As if this were designed to increase some damaging effect upon us. Yet the message stands firm, God’s saving grace is free for all who call upon Jesus.

Yet so much time and energy spent in the same modern-day formula to exploit whatever possible in the convert’s life to snatch away a logical outcome. I suppose I now understand this seeing just how bright this light of the gospel is capable to blind.

But the gift of God endures which is eternal life. It is not only for the taking, but something we can find ***urance of, everyone, who call upon Him, Jesus!

So when the world says, “Hey Christian, you’re not good enough”, just tell them, you’re right.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaellS View Post
    What folly we have today with how far the world looks upon a Christian. It will go out of it’s way to paint the Christian in the poorest light possible if somehow possible extract out of us something other than sinners saved without merit. As if this were designed to increase some damaging effect upon us. Yet the message stands firm, God’s saving grace is free for all who call upon Jesus.

Yet so much time and energy spent in the same modern-day formula to exploit whatever possible in the convert’s life to snatch away a logical outcome. I suppose I now understand this seeing just how bright this light of the gospel is capable to blind.

But the gift of God endures which is eternal life. It is not only for the taking, but something we can find ***urance of, everyone, who call upon Him, Jesus!

So when the world says, “Hey Christian, you’re not good enough”, just tell them, you’re right.
    Good point Michaell. I see more and more disdain for Christianity in every avenue of life. It is because they don't have ears to hear or eyes to see.
    C.S. Lewis said the following," I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen; not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
    I find sometimes in my own life people are annoyed with me because I am joyful or content or at peace, and not in a prideful or overt way but just the fruit of following Christ. I don't know if they are angry because they are not at peace or because I am.

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Good point Michaell. I see more and more disdain for Christianity in every avenue of life. It is because they don't have ears to hear or eyes to see.
    C.S. Lewis said the following," I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen; not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
    I find sometimes in my own life people are annoyed with me because I am joyful or content or at peace, and not in a prideful or overt way but just the fruit of following Christ. I don't know if they are angry because they are not at peace or because I am.
    True to the word. Just as I would heed the same to not gently prance in “pride”. Even some in the faith may view this outlook as being overly confident as well, the peace, contentedness exhibiting possible godly jealousy stoking thoughts against one’s own joy of salvation is unfortunately something I have come across in brief.

That last line of yours is likely the very place where the decision could be realized to place upon.

Hope your holidays went well, and belated Merry Christmas to all!