Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Salvation

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    and if this is true...then this does point out to us Christians the one thing we may have suspected for a while..."People in CULTS are crazy"

They hear things that no one says.
    They believe things now found in the Bible.
    They hear truths and distrust them while they hear lies and believe then without question...

people in CULTS are crazy....
    What cult are you a part of?

alanmolstad

misrepresenting my views or my Christian religion can become very expensive....

dberrie2000

misrepresenting my views or my Christian religion can become very expensive....
    What are you claiming is a misrepresentation? That you belong to a cult?

If you belong to any Christian denomination--you belong to a cult:

cult

Houghton Mifflin

n.noun

A system or community of religious worship and ritual.

The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.

A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.

Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.

The object of such devotion.

An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.

I think what it is , is that when I say, "Saved by Grace alone, though faith", what you hear is "Saved by Faith alone no works"

you want me to say that so much that you may actually hear that...
    Dont blame us, this is your doing.
    Whenever you guys claim that you believe that it is only by "Grace we are saved" or that it is "by Grace alone through Faith" that we are saved, we will point out that we believe the exact same thing.
    You then claim that that is not true because we believe that one must also repent and do good works.
    That means that you are the one that keep equating Grace Alone with meaning Faith Alone sans any works.

The hypocrisy comes from you knowing that you have a losing position, and therefore want to own both sides of the argument. Yet instead of it becoming a win-win for you, it becomes a lose-lose. Just go to any Christian forums which don't have a Mormon section and see how they spend countless hours arguing the same issue amoungst themselves.

I mean... If you guys can't convince your own that Faith Alone is true, then why come here and try and convince us gullible Mormons who are not even gullible enough to believe it either.
    Last edited by theway; 03-02-2015 at 10:54 AM.

alanmolstad

This is correct.

see the :05 seconds point of the video to learn what I believe

Salvation comes with a change of heart.....its not the things that you do, its the change inside you that is all important.
    That is why the Bible tells us that the only way to find salvation is to confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and BELIEVE in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead.

In other words, faith in the Jesus of the Bible,,,(not the Jesus of Mormonism is what saves)
    Enjoyed this video much over the years...
    But every year it gets trickier to post things that remain up long after...the internet is always moving....