Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Because or for?

alanmolstad

I have started another topic on this forum, an on it I will be posting some back-and-forth dialog there upcoming, and going over how what seems like an easy question for a Christian to answer actually turns out to be so very difficult for a Mormon to even look at answering...

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    You haven't shown any falsehoods. Walter Martin was a faith alone theology adherent. The faith alone have a theology of salvation by grace through a faith without works.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sola fide (Latin: by faith alone), also historically known as the doctrine of justification by faith alone, is a Christian theological doctrine that distinguishes most Protestant denominations from Catholicism, Orthodox Christianity, and some in the Restoration Movement.

The doctrine of sola fide or "by faith alone" ***erts God's pardon for guilty sinners is granted to and received through faith, conceived as excluding all "works," alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    oh they love to post a lot of reasons why they "can't answer my question....LOL
    Or, perhaps they think they don't need to answer my question?...well, that is true in a way as I can't force anyone to face the music as it were...
    (I mean you can lead a horse to water...)

But I can point this out as being very "representative" of their religion, as well as the effect their religion has had on them.
    What has Walter Martin being of the faith alone theology to do with what you believe about Mormons?

alanmolstad

answer my question....
    Still...unanswered

Typical

As for what I believe about Mormonism?...
    What I have learned about Mormonism is what I see shown me about it in the actions of the Mormons I run into here...on this forum.

For I can tell you that just within the last week or so I have had new insight into just what a confused lot they are, and how empty Mormonism must be of truth that it's mighty representatives would need to rely on such deceptions and inventions to maintain "the dogma" of Smith.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-03-2015 at 12:00 PM.

dberrie2000

Still...unanswered

Typical

As for what I believe about Mormonism?...
    What I have learned about Mormonism is what I see shown me about it in the actions of the Mormons I run into here...on this forum.

For I can tell you that just within the last week or so I have had new insight into just what a confused lot they are, and how empty Mormonism must be of truth that it's mighty representatives would need to rely on such deceptions and inventions to maintain "the dogma" of Smith.
    Again--what has your take on Mormons--or "the dogma of Smith" got to do with the fact Walter Martin was of the faith alone theology?

alanmolstad

Still refuse to answer eh?

alanmolstad

Bump.......

alanmolstad

Bump.......
    Bump the bump

dberrie2000

Our Beliefs --Christian Research Ins***ute
    http://www.equip.org/about/our-beliefs/

6) Jesus’ death on the cross provided a penal subs***utionary atonement for the sins of humanity. In salvation we are rescued from God’s wrath by His unmerited grace alone, through faith alone, on account of Christ alone.

Again, Alan--Walter Martin preached a faith alone theology--which states one is saved by God's grace--through a faith without works. IOW--dead faith saves, in the faith alone theology:

James 2:26---King James Version (KJV)
    26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

alanmolstad

Lots of words ..

No answer yet to my question is all I see however.

dberrie2000

Lots of words ..No answer yet to my question is all I see however.
    Denial is not an option one can choose in the face of the facts presented:

Our Beliefs --Christian Research Ins***ute----http://www.equip.org/about/our-beliefs/

6) Jesus’ death on the cross provided a penal subs***utionary atonement for the sins of humanity. In salvation we are rescued from God’s wrath by His unmerited grace alone, through faith alone, on account of Christ alone.

Again, Alan--Walter Martin preached a faith alone theology--which states one is saved by God's grace--through a faith without works. IOW--dead faith saves, in the faith alone theology:

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Taint so!!! arguments are neither convincing nor compelling. Please answer to the facts presented above.

alanmolstad

Perhaps I may need to post the video again as well as the question so that any new guests understand where the funny part of the lack of an answer is found at?

One moment and I shall post both the video, as well as then post the question that seems .....um...just out of reach of a Mormon to answer?....(something like that anyway)

alanmolstad

Now in a moment I will be posting a video where Walter Martin answers a question about how all men are saved.
    I would ask you to pay special attention to the answer that Walter is giving at around the :30 second point of the video.

Walter says, "First of all, Salvation isn't by_____"

What is the word that Walter says there?

dberrie2000

Now in a moment I will be posting a video where Walter Martin answers a question about how all men are saved.
    I would ask you to pay special attention to the answer that Walter is giving at around the :30 second point of the video.

Walter says, "First of all, Salvation isn't by_____"

You are in denial, Alan. That Walter Martin did not believe one is saved by faith alone does nothing to deny Mr Martin did not have a faith alone theology. He did:

Our Beliefs --Christian Research Ins***ute----http://www.equip.org/about/our-beliefs/

alanmolstad

alanmolstad

You can run away all you want from the question....but the moment you turn around its still going to be there,
    haunting you....

dberrie2000

You can run away all you want from the question....but the moment you turn around its still going to be there,
    haunting you....
    Maybe it's time you faced the reality of Walter Martin's theology:

What is there about that you disagree with? Your Taint so!!! responses don't touch your problem--nor your point. No one is arguing that Walter Martin did not believe one is saved by faith alone. Faith alone adherents do not believe that. They profess one is saved by God's grace--through a faith without works. That is faith alone theology.

He really believed that all men are saved? Isn't that the heresy of universalism?

alanmolstad

Here is the video where Walter Martin answers the question about how men are saved.
    the important moment comes at :30 sec of the video.

Notice: Walter says, "First of all, Salvation isn't by..._____"

What is the word that Walter says there? "________" ?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    He really believed ...?
    1 Tim. 2:3-4

You know... It appears you don't have a answer for anything.
    All you have done so far is post videos, scripture without an explanation, quotes from other people, questions, pla***udes, and lists.

Do you even have a belief of your own, or take a personal stand on anything?
    Last edited by theway; 03-05-2015 at 01:04 PM.

"God wants all people to be saved" does not mean the same thing as "God saves everyone."

alanmolstad

I'm happy you figured that out

Did you mean what you said?

"...Walter Martin answers a question about how all men are saved."

alanmolstad

Do you there is a different way?

if you know of a different way?... you let me know ok?
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-06-2015 at 03:56 AM.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    You are in denial, Alan.......
    Actually I believe that you go on and on and say a lot of things.....well, you say a lot of things EXCEPT for saying the word you hear Walter Martin say when he tells us how we are saved...

Oh that one word seems to be the one word in all creation that you seem to have trouble saying..?

But the question I have asked of you will not go away....I will post it again so that everyone can see the one question it seems that a Mormon cant answer....