Thread: Mount Up!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mount Up!

An aspiring mantle for good is still in use, but I think there are far fewer to fill it these days.

If it were mine to choose, I would suggest one area of concern amongst the many, the need to consider this item especially dire and ever before us. We, as sufferers with those who are precious in His sight, who suffer from the womb are in immense need of workers.

Or the many cascading choices to fill, from private to public life, leading will need His Spirit to work as well.

I truly do not see how it is correctly said that a Christian should have no affiliation.

“For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good.” “This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing.” (Romans 13:4,6)

So who are these in gov’t that are paid by us, “you”, but are noted as in God’s keeping, or at least acknowledges them as His own?

They don’t carry the same non-combatant readiness the Lord said of His servants:

“My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest” (John 18:36)

So they’re not Christ’s servants to fight wars, ,
    But they’re God’s servants for civil order.
    They’re not there for m***ive carnage, ,
    But they’re fully ready to execute punishment.
    They’re not engaged for an earthly throne, ,
    But they have permission to deal with fleshly intents.

Therein, I no longer ask if a Christian can find reason, but, can God’s “servants” co-exist in the same gov’t that engages in what isn’t warranted?

Two back-to-back examples I ran across the other day.

Political Courage

News Flash: Political Courage Isn’t Even Real Courage
    By David French - January 22, 2015 11:04 AM

And yet our “leaders” can’t quite seem to muster up even that level of faux backbone. The House bailed on a late-term abortion ban? Really?

In a vote where lives were at stake — a vote with the overwhelming majority of the public behind them – the House GOP blinked. They blinked in the face of . . . what? Angry columns from Jezebel or the HuffPo? Cold feet from a handful of members?

If you are a Republican office holder, and you find yourself incapable of making the public case for a late-term abortion ban — for banning procedures that dismember living children who feel every agonizing tear of their flesh — then resign. Please. I can ***ure you that there are thousands of conservatives in your district who can make that case and would be eager to make that case.

If you’re a conservative, and a Republican tells you they’re pro-life, don’t believe a word they say until they can prove that support with actions, not words.

The actual pro-life movement is full of people who endure scorn; who face censorship on campus; who work every day with young women in desperate circumstances; who give their money, their time, and their heart and soul to save America’s most innocent and vulnerable citizens. They deserve better — on the anniversary of Roe v. Wade and every day — than the pathetic display we just witnessed in Washington.

Politics are Un-Christian?

Rev. Graham: ‘Who Says We Can’t Be in Politics? The Gays and Lesbians Are in Politics,’ ‘The Anti-God People Are'
    By Michael W. Chapman - February 2, 2015 - 6:24 PM

Reverend Franklin Graham, son of world-renowned evangelist Billy Graham, urged Christians “to get involved in government” and “in politics,” noting that “gays and lesbians are in politics” and “all the anti-God people are” as well.

He further said that Christians must speak up even though their enemies will “mock you” and “turn their back on you” because that is the “price to be paid,” and added that the “only hope” for America is to “repent of its sins” and turn back to “the God of our Fathers.”

“I’m here to tell you, church, God loves each and every one and Christ died for our sins, and we’ve got a responsibility to take this message to the ends of the Earth,” said Rev. Graham at the Oklahoma State Evangelism Conference on Jan. 26. “And I want to encourage you to take a stand in your communities.”

“Get involved in government,” he said. “Get involved in politics. Who says we can’t be in politics? The gays and lesbians are in politics, I can tell you that. All the anti-God people are in politics. They’re there.”

“Why shouldn’t the church be there?” said Graham. “Who says we can’t speak up? Who says our voice can’t be heard? Get involved.”

The pastor, who oversees the Billy Graham Evangelistic ***ociation (BGEA) founded by his father, urged the audience to follow God and the Bible but warned that once a person seriously does that, “there is a price to be paid.”

““Let me tell you something, there is a price to be paid,” said Rev. Graham. “There is a cost and you better understand it. Because if you accept Christ, there are people that will mock you. There are other people when you go to school or you go to work, they’ll go, ‘Oh, you’re one of those Bible thumpers now.’ Right?”

“They’re going to mock you and they’re going to turn their back on you, and they’ll be neighbors that may have been your friends that are not going to be your friends anymore.,” he said. “There is a price to be paid. Count the cost.”

Graham continued, “Because if you’re not willing to pay the cost, don’t put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ. All right? Because He said if you deny Me before men I’ll deny you before My Father. This is no game. This is not something you play at. This is real business.”

Although Rev. Graham encouraged Christians to get involved in politics, he stressed that people should not place their hope in any one particular party or candidate, emphasizing that the solution rests in a return to God.

“I’m here to tell you that the only way, the only hope is not a Republican, it’s not a Democrat or whoever,” said the reverend. “The only hope is that this country repents of its sins and turns once again to the God of our fathers, and to His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ -- [otherwise] there is no hope.”

Where are these warnings of gov’t involvement? Did the governmental eunuch who was baptized by Philip fall back out of God’s will when he “went on his way rejoicing” (Acts 8:39)?

The servants of Christ are recorded as being full-time stewards of the word of God, yet are “to be in subjection to the governing authorities.” So long as that authority is blessed of God and established in goodness. Of course, there is none good but God who gave the precepts of His Son. Without that, I see an exception to subjection applied;

“We gave you strict orders not to continue teaching in this name”, , “We must obey God rather than men.” (Acts 5:28,29).

Here is the break for all you in resistance to more easily rest your non-involvement on, for look, what do we reap when we elect leaders who neglect these precepts?

Seen Here
    “To be banned from recognizing our Lord and Savior by name during prayers”

Bless you!

Mike.

if you want to be in politics as a believer then you need to follow God's rules and have him govern your life first. government is not something to implement agendas or personal preferences. Christians need to realize that they are governing by elected will not by forced dictatorship that wields an iron hand.
    check the new book thread to find my new books

John T

Yeah, off topic. Essential, though

Windows 10 spying: How to opt out of Microsoft's intrusive terms of use

Turn off Cortana

Again, this could be a problem, as the Cortana search function, which is similar to Apple's Siri, has been highly praised as one of the best functions of Windows 10.

However, one of the reasons it works so well is because it logs your past searches and can provide suggestions and more personalised search results.

Users will have to decide whether they're willing to disable Cortana in exchange for increasing privacy.

Turn off personalised ads
    Obviously, ads that are tailored to what you want depend on storing some of your data, otherwise you'd be bombarded with adverts for things you have no intention of buying.

Windows 10 ads work by delivering you targeted adverts wherever you're logged in to your Microsoft account, whether you're on desktop, mobile or tablet.

It's clear that Microsoft doesn't want users to do this, because it's not as easy to disable as the other privacy features.

However, it's still pretty straightforward. You need to go to an external website, and simply turn both personalised ad options to 'off'.

Use a local Windows account
    This is a fairly drastic option, because it would severely cut back on the synchronisation of features between your devices.

Instead of using an existing Windows account, you could use a newly made local account instead - this prevents Microsoft from getting your data, and using it to make sure your machine is updated when you log on with a Windows account.

This is a useful feature, but if you're concerned about the data harvesting that it involves, it just takes a simple step to avoid it.

Some people may prefer the convenience of synced features and targeted ads, and that's fine - but the privacy policy can be quite intrusive, and you're opted in automatically. Fortunately, it's fairly straight forward to opt out of.

From: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...trusive-terms-of-use-10432300.html?icn=puff-1

Since this is a British newspaper, they spell like Brits. Blimey!