Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do Works Contribute to or Confirm Salvation?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Originally Posted by alanmolstad

just wanted you to feel comfortable as the topic I wanted to write about evolved...

you are welcome!
    What a guy
    Naah, alan seems to be too busy patting himself on the back and proclaiming how 'good' he is and how 'terrible' those who would contradict him are.

Not much of a 'guy' at all, imho

alanmolstad

Yes I have seen the same stuff over and over though the years. Guys try to hide behind the cross while they knowingly break the rules. .

What do I think of this?
    I notice that it never works for the guys who try it....so I don't.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-20-2015 at 04:19 PM.

Yes I have seen the same stuff over and over though the years. Guys try to hide behind the cross while they knowingly break the rules. .

What do I think of this?
    I notice that it never works for the guys who try it....so I don't.

Well. . . . . .you SAY you don't.

But whether you really DO or don't, whatever you are doing doesn't seem to be working for you.

All it is doing is demonstrating to all of us that YOUR religion is all about YOU.

And of course it is exposing your arrogant position that you think you are just SOOOOOOOOOOOOO important.

Personally, I don't see anyone 'stepping up to the plate' to DEFEND your arrogance!

So who CARES what you think of this? You cannot bother to be confused by the TRUTH that you aren't so TERRIBLY IMPORTANT that we would ever miss you if you put us in your 'ignore' list.

alanmolstad

I dont come here to win souls.

i dont come here to win anything.

I only like to write about my own personal views...I like to show what I think the Bible teaches.
    most of the time I could not care less what others post, or what others believe.

But I do make sure that if a person has their words on my screen, that this is because their post was written within the rules that govern this place, and have a style that is not offensive.

If more people did the same there would be less problems, and no need for MODs

I dont come here to win souls.

i dont come here to win anything.

I only like to write about my own personal views...I like to show what I think the Bible teaches.
    most of the time I could not care less what others post, or what others believe.

But I do make sure that if a person has their words on my screen, that this is because their post was written within the rules that govern this place, and have a style that is not offensive.

If more people did the same there would be less problems, and no need for MODs
    So it is still all about YOU. I see. YOUR screen, YOUR opinion, YOUR religion. Okay. If I see anything interesting about JESUS CHRIST from you I will respond. But I don't care a WHIT about YOUR opinions. I have opinions of my own. CHRISTIANITY is about JESUS CHRIST, not just about ourselves and what WE like.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    So it is still all about YOU. I see. YOUR screen, YOUR opinion, YOUR religion. ..
    Yes...
    Very true.
    I can only control what appears on MY computer screen..

This means that I cant control what others write, their manners, their style, their topics or their behavior.
    This is why when I run into a guy (not always guys by the way) who has a smart-mouth, and openly is breaking the agreed-to rules, that I warn them that unless they conform to the rules that they had already given their word that they would follow when they first signed on, that I would place them on ignore.

At that point its really out of my hands.

The other person has to decide if Im serious?*...and if they care?

Some of the time the other person does care that their words are able to be read by others, so they back-off the rule breaking so they dont cross the line.
    But unfortunately a lot of people I see on the different forums Im a member of simply don't care if I can read their posts or not.

Its sad but very true that we get some BANNED guests here from CARM that had no intention of following the rules.
    They come here knowing from the start that in just a little while their bad manners are going to get them BANNED again.
    They have a plan to break rules, be snotty to other guests, and make bitter personal attacks in an effort to make others look bad before the MOD lowers the boom on them and they get BANNED.

To such guests we really have only one option, and that is to place their name on our IGNORE LIST.
    The moment you or I do this we end the trouble with the other person before they get too far out of hand.

Now a person might hesitate putting a troublemaker on IGNORE as that would allow the other person to make all sorts of attacks against them without us knowing it because their posts would not appear.
    My answer to that is - "Who cares?"

Who cares that they have a sissy-fit and post snotty remarks?
    Their words don't appear on my screen so they no longer matter to me, nor their opinions of me.
    I'm sure that the 3 people that I have currently on my IGNORE list on this forum, as well as the people I have on IGNORE on other forms got all mad at me when they learned that their insults were no longer being read by me.
    im sure they may have tried to post many, many insulting comments aimed at me later.

But as I never read any of them, and I no longer care what they think of me, "Who cares?"

So yes, it is all about "my screen"...for I only see my screen, and it is only my screen that Im looking at.
    My screen is the only one I have full control over, its the only one I have any input in what I allow on to it.
    My screen is the only one I care about.

and yes, "my opinion"is the only one that I can listen to.
    If I believe that a person has crossed the line, and in "my opinion" has earned their place on IGNORE, then I dont have to listen to one more word from them...I give them the boot and thats it.
    not another peep from them will ever need concern me for the rest of their lives.

And as for "my religion"being my only concern?....oh yes, Im not here to learn squat from others about their religion.
    I simply dont care what others are into...

[ * The only way a person can really know if Im serious is by the way I have acted in the past. This means that once I put a name on my IGNORE list I can never remove their name, ever. This is the only way to show the next guy that I have a track record that can be checked and this will allow that next person I warn to fully understand that I'm not bluffing.]
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-21-2015 at 11:11 AM.

alanmolstad

again...
    I have seen a TON......I mean a TON of people try to say that they were acting "Just like Jesus" while they insulted people, cussed people out, baited people, made fun of them, and told other people they were "worthless lairs"

To such people all I have to say is this -

"Try to keep the rules"

I got to also add one other thing about their "Just like Jesus ' comment and that is this...

My wife works in the rehab part of the local hospital.
    I visit her from time to time and see these little kids, missing arms and legs...
    I watch them as they struggle to hold and toss a ball.....I watch them as they stumble as they try to learn to walk over to a ball and kick it.

So you want to act "Just like Jesus"?...well fine, go act like that there ....
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-27-2015 at 10:47 PM.

alanmolstad

I got to also add one other thing about their "Just like Jesus ' comment and that is this...

My wife works in the rehab part of the local hospital.
    I visit her from time to time and see these little kids, missing arms and legs...
    I watch them as they struggle to hold and toss a ball.....I watch them as they stumble as they try to learn to walk over to a ball and kick it.

So you want to act "Just like Jesus"?...well fine, go act like that there ....

i love my comment here...