Thread: The question a Mormon would not dare answer!

alanmolstad

Default The question a Mormon would not dare answer!

On this topic we are going to be going over a situation that I find personally very sad...

A Mormon got trapped by the facts....
    They were unable to answer a question about what they hear on a recording of Walter Martin.

Now I will be posting this recording by Martin to see if the failure to answer a question is just this one lone Mormon's?, or is it a common trait. in that once trapped where the only way out is to admit what is the truth, or run away....they choose to run away?

alanmolstad

alanmolstad

"People don't seem to catch....."
    That is what the host in the video tells Walter Martin.

People don't seem to catch what it is the Bible is teaching.
    They come away with this battle between "faith"on the one hand, and "works' on the other.

In the video at the :30 second point you will hear how Walter correctly addresses the issue of how men are saved.

I will be asking a question or two about what Walter says, so please take this time, and go over the things in the video so that you might be ready to answer questions as to what is heard...

We can move on to what things mean in time , but first let us make sure we understand and agree with what is said.

alanmolstad

So in the video, at the :30 second point, Walter Martin is answering a question.
    So lets click on that to hear the answer Walter gives..
    \

Walter says, "First of all, Salvation isn't by_____"

What is the word that Walter says there?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    So in the video, at the :30 second point, Walter Martin is answering a question.
    \

Oh Really???

Then why does the Christian Research Ins***ute (CRI); the ins***ute which Walter Martin founded, state as its declaration #6 of "OUR BELIEFS";
    (6) ....In salvation we are rescued from God’s wrath by His unmerited grace alone, through faith alone, on account of Christ alone.
    As I stated before, Walter Martin contradicts himself at every turn.

dberrie2000

\

Christian Research Ins***ute---http://www.equip.org/bookstore/books/faith-alone-the-evangelical-doctrine-of-justification/

Faith Alone: The Evangelical Doctrine of Justification

Product SKU: SB588

What can we add to God’s mercy to be saved? The Reformers broke with the Roman Church when they answered that Christians are justified by faith alone.

On this topic we are going to be going over a situation that I find personally very sad...

They were unable to answer a question about what they hear on a recording of Walter Martin.

Now I will be posting this recording by Martin to see if the failure to answer a question is just this one lone Mormon's?, or is it a common trait. in that once trapped where the only way out is to admit what is the truth, or run away....they choose to run away?
    Perhaps this thread should be re***led to...

The answer by Mormons to "the question a Mormon would not dare answer", which AntiMomons would not dare answer.

The fact is that Walter Martin believed in a Faith Alone theology, but was obviously too embarr***ed to admit it in public...
    And no amount of equivocation by you can make Walter Martin's theology palatable to Bible believing Christians.

alanmolstad

(The unanswerable question...LOL)

Oh, nobody's saying that Walter Martin doesn't hold contradictory views on the doctrine of Faith Alone... That's been my point from the beginning. The only thing your recording does is proves my case.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post

Walter says, "First of all, Salvation isn't by..."

(Give yourself a moment, it will come to you......)

dberrie2000

It's already come to those who are willing to accept it:

"(6) ....In salvation we are rescued from God’s wrath by His unmerited grace alone, through faith alone, on account of Christ alone."

Alan--your video does nothing to annul that. Walter Martin's belief that it's God's grace that saves does not annul faith alone theology. In faith alone theology--it's salvation by grace through a faith without works.

That was Walter Martin's belief. Showing a video that has Walter Martin maintaining that it is not faith alone that saves--but God's grace--does nothing to annul the fact Martin Martin was of the faith alone theology.

As the CRI testifies to--it is by grace through faith alone, --that's faith alone theology. The faith mentioned in "faith alone" is a faith without works.

James 2:26---King James Version (KJV)
    26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

alanmolstad

bump...........

Your sadness can be overcome through God's help.

How do you know it was a case of inability, and not a case of unwillingness? To ***ert something that you can't know to be true, seems presumptuous and possibly judgmental.

I can and will fill in the blank:

"Salvation isn't by faith, it isn't by works, or any combination of them."

Walter then goes on to give his definition of GRACE: "Grace is God saying "I love you. His nature is love. It is expressed in mercy....that mercy brings us to repentance. We turn from our sins and we exercise faith in the Lord Jesus."

There are several serious problems with such a soteriology.

alanmolstad

I would guess that sometimes a person's unwillingness can become so powerful it renders them unable to act as they should.

Trapped in a Web of their own pride

I would guess that sometimes a person's unwillingness can become so powerful it renders them unable to act as they should.Trapped in a Web of their own pride
    Do you dare to admit that the way you taunt other posters is unbecoming a Christian?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Do you dare to admit that the way you taunt other posters is unbecoming a Christian?

image.jpg

dberrie2000

It's already come to those who are willing to accept it:

"(6) ....In salvation we are rescued from God’s wrath by His unmerited grace alone, through faith alone, on account of Christ alone."

Alan--your video does nothing to annul that. Walter Martin's belief that it's God's grace that saves does not annul faith alone theology. In faith alone theology--it's salvation by grace through a faith without works.

That was Walter Martin's belief. Showing a video that has Walter Martin maintaining that it is not faith alone that saves--but God's grace--does nothing to annul the fact Martin Martin was of the faith alone theology.

As the CRI testifies to--it is by grace through faith alone, --that's faith alone theology. The faith mentioned in "faith alone" is a faith without works.

James 2:26---King James Version (KJV)
    26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
    Bump for Alan

alanmolstad

dont rush yourself.....you will figure it out....(hint-it has something to do with the underlined ,"different" words)

dont rush yourself.....you will figure it out....(hint-it has something to do with the underlined ,"different" words)
    Not in the Evangelical worldview!

You see... According to your made-up theology, justification, salvation, regeneration, a Faith in Christ, and receiving God's Grace, all have to happen at exactly the same time because you can not have one without the other.... Even Matt Slick over at CARM had to admit that.
    So in other words, if all these are dependent on each other and they all happen at the same time, and you take works out of it; then all these words or terms mean exactly the same thing... FAITH ALONE.

FAITH ALONE = a dead faith.

If on the other hand you say that works are required for any one of these; justification, salvation, regeneration, a Faith in Christ, or receiving God's Grace, then you are admitting that works are also required for salvation since you can not have one without the other.
    Last edited by theway; 03-06-2015 at 07:26 AM.

alanmolstad

Now in this video you will notice that Martin talks about salvation, and at the :30 second point he tells us the answer.

Now the question I ask is,

Does Walter martin say here that- "Salvation is by faith alone"?.......yes or no?

(If you think you know the answer but for some reason dont feel free to post it, just send me a Private Message and we can talk)
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 03-06-2015 at 09:45 AM.

alanmolstad

So what did Walter Martin say when asked if we are saved by Faith alone?.....

Did he say "yes"

or did he say "no!".....?

dberrie2000

Now in this video you will notice that Martin talks about salvation, and at the :30 second point he tells us the answer.

Now the question I ask is,

Does Walter martin say here that- "Salvation is by faith alone"?.......yes or no?

(If you think you know the answer but for some reason dont feel free to post it, just send me a Private Message and we can talk)
    How are you relating the video to whether Walter Martin was of the faith alone theology or not? No one is arguing whether Walter Martin believes one is not saved by faith alone. You seem to believe the video somehow extricates Walter Martin from being of the faith alone theology. How?

alanmolstad

How are you relating the video to whether Walter Martin .......?
    All Im doing is pointing out that there are some questions like the one I have asked about this video, that a Mormon can not dare allow themselves to answer....

That is the only point to this topic...All we are doing here is seeing the proof.

All Im doing is pointing out that there are some questions like the one I have asked about this video, that a Mormon can not dare allow themselves to answer....

That is the only point to this topic...All we are doing here is seeing the proof.
    I don't understand your point... No Mormon really cares what Walter Martin thinks or believes, so why should we be afraid to point out that in one instance he says a person is not saved by Faith alone, and then in another statement of his core beliefs says that we are saved by Faith alone?

Why should we be afraid to point out that Walter Martin holds contradictory views about salvation... Especially when you are doing such a good *** of discrediting him all on you own.