Thread: Pre-Trib Rapture?

aaronpaul

Default Pre-Trib Rapture?

Where can I find videos or publications regarding Walter Martin's views on the Pre-Trib Rapture?

johnd

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpaul View Post
    Where can I find videos or publications regarding Walter Martin's views on the Pre-Trib Rapture?
    As far as I know, Walter was Post-Trib.

Many times he broached the subject calling it... Pre / Mid / Post Trib nothing but PURE TRIB.

johnd

Default All three camps (pre-mid-post) are correct...

...once you correctly determine the 70th Week of Daniel is not one 7-year tribulation period but one 7-year period of two 3-1/2 year tribulations.

The Bible divides that time period in Daniel and Revelation into:

1260 Days (3.5 years)
    42 months (3.5 years)
    time, times, and half a time (3.5 years)

How many times and in how many different ways does God have to say something in his word for it to be true (let alone considered in eschatology)?

Christians will have tribulation the first 3.5 years at the hands of the devil and the people of the world. Believers' Tribulation.
    Christians will be executed or raptured before the world and the devil have tribulation the second 3.5 years at the hand of God. The Great Tribulation.

So the rapture (the taking out) will happen:

Pre-Great Tribulation
    Mid-70th Week of Daniel **
    Post- Believers' Tribulation

** This is NOT traditional Mid-Trib since it also misinterprets the 70th Week of Daniel as one 7-year tribulation.

First off, God does not pour his wrath out on believers. He poured his wrath out on Jesus on the cross in our stead. To do otherwise would break his covenant with us and diminish the sacrifice of his own Son.

Discovered these things when I set out to find out how all three traditional eschatology camps could quote scripture to support their beliefs (since scripture does not contradict scripture). The clear error in traditional thinking was the time frame was misinterpreted.