Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mormons can't find ONE THING smith 'restored.'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mormons can't find ONE THING smith 'restored.'

NOT ONE THING that joey smith ever really restored.

NOT ONE SINGLE MORMON-SPECIFIC THING that joey didn't invent himself.

NOT ONE.

Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

NOT ONE.

Comments?
    Three Degrees of Glory.

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Three Degrees of Glory.
    NOT ONE CHRISTIAN WRITING ANYWHERE from the first century teaches the 'mormon-specific' teaching of joey smith's, that you may go to any of 'three degrees of' anything at all. Joey smith made that all up.

You have nothing from GOD that says otherwise. ALL you have is the word of your peepstone gazer, thief, adulterer, conman who tried to shoot his way out of jail, false 'prophet.'

NOT ONE CHRISTIAN WRITING ANYWHERE from the first century teaches the 'mormon-specific' teaching of joey smith's, that you may go to any of 'three degrees of' anything at all. Joey smith made that all up.

You have nothing from GOD that says otherwise. ALL you have is the word of your peepstone gazer, thief, adulterer, conman who tried to shoot his way out of jail, false 'prophet.'
    LOL...
    Now you are moving the goalposts because your original challenge has been debunked.
    You only stated that I needed to show only "ONE THING" that was restored.... I did that! Now you are claiming it has to be something from a First Century Christian...
    It appears you never learn your lesson.

Very well then, here it is from First Century Christians...

1 Cor. 15:40-42
    40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
    41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
    42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

John14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

LOL...
    Now you are moving the goalposts because your original challenge has been debunked.
    You only stated that I needed to show only "ONE THING" that was restored.... I did that! Now you are claiming it has to be something from a First Century Christian...

40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
    41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
    42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

John14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
    That is like

Judas went and hanged himself
    go thou and do likewise
    go quickly, do not tarry!

You can try to connect Bible verses together randomly to 'get them to say' anything you want.

NOT ONE SINGLE WORD in 1 Corinthians about 3 heavens where PEOPLE ever go. One star differs from another in 'wunder' (german) or 'beauty' (English). The word "glory' does NOT appear in the original-language Greek texts btw.

NONE of joey smith's trash about 'forever families' living 'together' in 3 different 'glories' and Hell, btw. Sorry, but joey's junk contradicts joey's junk all over the place!

NOT ONE BIT of joey's 'mormo-specific' dung was ever believed by the first century Christians.

No need to 'move any goalposts' at all. NONE of my original challenge (that mormons can't find ONE THING that is mormo-specific that was ever believed by ANY FIRST CENTURY CHRISTIANS AT ALL)

Joey made his 'new religion' up all by himself (or with the help of satan. . .)

LOL...

You left out this one:

Acts 9:5
    5 And he said, "Who are You, Lord?"
    Then the Lord said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads."
    NKJV

See? ANYONE can add unrelated p***ages to a post.

When you try to 'connect' two p***ages like the two you chose that are not about the same subject, that is all you are doing. Just like you did.

Since joey smith supposedly 'restored' stuff from the original church that was supposedly 'lost,' the goalposts remain in exactly the same spots.

Joey INVENTED his junk, including his 3 'glories,' quite often by trying to change the meanings of words such as "glories."

Sorry bubba, but the junk doesn't fit the BIBLE'S ACCOUNTS.

The 'glories' of the celestial bodies are NOT CONSIDERED PLACES YOU WOULD EVER LIVE. The word "glory" is an ADJECTIVE, not a noun.

But then joey smith never was very smart, was he?

LOL...

Prov 13:24
    24 He who spares his rod hates his son,
    But he who loves him disciplines him promptly.
    NKJV

See? I can add a disconnected p***age that has nothing to do with 1 Corinthians 15:40-42 too! Whoopie doodle!

NOW. . .SHOW US SCRIPTURE or ANYONE IN CHRIST'S ORIGINAL CHURCH who believed that when you died you went to 'glories' (Beautifuls, magnificents, PRONOUNS).

Joey smith DID LIKE TO INVENT JUNK, didn't he? Jesus never set up any such doctrine, and CHRISTIANS have never believed such dung.

TrueBlue?

Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Three Degrees of Glory.
    Papias: He was a hearer of the Apostle John, and was on terms of intimate intercourse with many who had known the Lord and His apostles. From these he gathered the floating traditions in regard to the sayings of our Lord, and wove them into a production divided into five books. This work does not seem to have been confined to an exposition of the sayings of Christ, but to have contained much historical information.

Papias :
    As the presbyters say, then15 those who are deemed worthy of an abode in heaven shall go there, others shah enjoy the delights of Paradise, and others shall possess the splendour of the city;16 for everywhere the Saviour will be seen, according as they shall be worthy who see Him. But that there is this distinction between the habitation of those who produce an hundredfold, and that of those who produce sixty-fold, and that of those who produce thirty-fold; for the first will be taken up into the heavens, the second cl*** will dwell in Paradise, and the last will inhabit the city; and that on this account the Lord said, “In my Father’s house are many mansions:”

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue? View Post
    Papias: He was a hearer of the Apostle John, and was on terms of intimate intercourse with many who had known the Lord and His apostles. From these he gathered the floating traditions in regard to the sayings of our Lord, and wove them into a production divided into five books. This work does not seem to have been confined to an exposition of the sayings of Christ, but to have contained much historical information.

Johan Periwinkel III: He was a hearer of Jesus Christ and on terms of intimate with many other CHRISTIANS stated:

"The very idea that anyone LIVES in the glory of the sun, moon, or stars is beyond stupid."

Default 3 degrees of beauty. . .will you ever live there? Naah.

Three Degrees of Glory.

The REAL GLORY OF CHRIST is much brighter than that!

The idea that the 3 degrees of beauty should be places where anyone would ever live was INVENTED by joey smith.

Christ's church (CHRISTIANS) have never believed his invention. . .ever.

Joey didn't 'restore' anything. . .he merely INVENTED such garbage as his religion teaches.

NOT ONE.

Comments?
    Living apostles.

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Living apostles.
    According to joey smith's made-up version your religion relies upon MORTAL living apostles.

Christ's church does not.

Jesus is the head of our CHRISTIAN church, HIS apostles are alive and well. . .in heaven.

JESUS NEVER REQUIRED that joey smith's made-up 'apostles' EVER be in HIS church.

Once again, NONE OF joey smith's 'mormon-specific' horse-apples existed in Jesus' church.

According to joey smith's made-up version your religion relies upon MORTAL living apostles.
    Um no, according to reality our church has mortal living apostles.

Just like Christ's original church.

Default They just can't quite make it happen.

Um no, according to reality our church has mortal living apostles.

Just like Christ's original church.
    So do the 150 OTHER smithite churches including the REAL one, the one Joseph Smith III became president of, just like God told his daddy, your 'prophet' he would.

And of course, ALL of the MANMADE 'apostles' are fakes anyway. The original church, the one JESUS CHRIST BUILT made no provisions for 'p***ing down' any the Apostleships of CHRIST'S apostles.

Your cult has lied to you, erunder.

Oh, and you forgot to mention that IF Christ's Apostles had to remain PHYSICALLY HERE, then JESUS HIMSELF had to be PHYSICALLY HERE TOO. But of course you can't come up with a fake 'jesus' except for your imaginary 'spirit-brother-of-satan' one, can you?
    Last edited by Christian; 03-18-2015 at 04:47 PM.

So do the 150 OTHER smithite churches including the REAL one, the one Joseph Smith III became president of, just like God told his daddy, your 'prophet' he would.
    All of them? I didn't know that, but okay.

And of course, ALL of the MANMADE 'apostles' are fakes anyway.
    Yes, but the real ones chosen by Jesus are not.

The original church, the one JESUS CHRIST BUILT made no provisions for 'p***ing down' any the Apostleships of CHRIST'S apostles.
    Of course it did.

Prove it.

Oh, and you forgot to mention that IF Christ's Apostles had to remain PHYSICALLY HERE, then JESUS HIMSELF had to be PHYSICALLY HERE TOO.
    That's true, because it's a made-up anti-Mormon rule. I see no indication in the New Testament that the apostles became illegitimate as soon as Jesus ascended.

But of course you can't come up with a fake 'jesus' except for your imaginary 'spirit-brother-of-satan' one, can you?
    No, I can't come up with a fake Jesus. That's why I follow the real one.

E posted:

Originally Posted by Christian

And of course, ALL of the MANMADE 'apostles' are fakes anyway.

Why should we believe YOURS and not THEIRS were chosen by Jesus? That's not what each of THEM believe?
    Where did JESUS EVER SAY He chose yours?

The original church, the one JESUS CHRIST BUILT made no provisions for 'p***ing down' any the Apostleships of CHRIST'S apostles.

Of course it did.

Then why can't you find CHAPTER AND VERSE where GOD ever said so? So far all we have is YOUR own word and the word of the false prophet, liar, conman joey smith. Not much reason to believe your claim.

Prove it.

I have, many times. You won't be convinced though. You are blind.

Oh, and you forgot to mention that IF Christ's Apostles had to remain PHYSICALLY HERE, then JESUS HIMSELF had to be PHYSICALLY HERE TOO.

That's true, because it's a made-up anti-Mormon rule. I see no indication in the New Testament that the apostles became illegitimate as soon as Jesus ascended.

Your religion bases its manmade theory that Christ's church must always have 'mortal living apostles' on the following p***age:

Eph 2:20-21
    20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone,
    NKJV

Since Jesus Christ is part of the SAME SENTENCE and SAME SUBJECT, then you MUST (according to your own misinterpretation of this p***age) have a LIVE AND PHYSICALLY MORTAL 'jesus' hiding in your cellar somewhere. But of course you cannot come up with one.

The TRUTH is that Jesus never once said that the church required physical Apostles in every generation at all. That was manure invented by joey smith, the false prophet.

But of course you can't come up with a fake 'jesus' except for your imaginary 'spirit-brother-of-satan' one, can you?

So now you agree with me by claiming that you don't follow smith's 'spirit-brother-of-satan' 'jesus.'

A little wishy-washy aren't you?

Why should we believe YOURS and not THEIRS were chosen by Jesus?
    I don't care what you believe. However, even if one of the splinter groups had the real apostles, that still precludes your cult from being Christ's church.

Then why can't you find CHAPTER AND VERSE where GOD ever said so?
    You ***ume that I can't. Apostles were chosen after the original 12. You should really read the New Testament sometime.

I have, many times.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. You're all talk, no substance.

Since Jesus Christ is part of the SAME SENTENCE and SAME SUBJECT, then you MUST (according to your own misinterpretation of this p***age) have a LIVE AND PHYSICALLY MORTAL 'jesus' hiding in your cellar somewhere.
    False.

erunder posted:
    I don't care what you believe. However, even if one of the splinter groups had the real apostles, that still precludes your cult from being Christ's church.

The TRUTH is that Jesus didn't set HIS church up to be led by physically alive Apostles every century. Joey smith lied to you.

You ***ume that I can't. Apostles were chosen after the original 12. You should really read the New Testament sometime.

IF YOU COULD, you would have, long ago. But NOT ONE WORD IN SCRIPTURE says that physically alive Apostles must be in the leadership of the church in every century.

Of course Judas was replaced and Paul was called by Jesus.

Yeah, that's what I thought. You're all talk, no substance.

Just more blah blah blah from you I see. I have made a case you cannot disprove. You know it so you have no substance to refute it with.

Since Jesus Christ is part of the SAME SENTENCE and SAME SUBJECT, then you MUST (according to your own misinterpretation of this p***age) have a LIVE AND PHYSICALLY MORTAL 'jesus' hiding in your cellar somewhere.
    False.

You HAVE to (without any SUBSTANCE) CLAIM that you don't need to abide by the WHOLE SENTENCE because YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T SUPPORT there being a physically alive JESUS CHRIST existing in your church along with your physically alive 'apostles.' YOU HAVE to relegate the "Jesus part' of the sentence to somewhere else since you cannot support WHAT IT SAYS.

You are all talk and no substance, certainly! That and some hot air. . .

Jesus didn't set HIS church up to be led by physically alive Apostles every century.
    Of course he did.

IF YOU COULD, you would have, long ago.
    Hardly. The thread isn't that old. Besides, the New Testatment writers took care of it long ago.

Of course Judas was replaced and Paul was called by Jesus.[/COLOR]

You HAVE to (without any SUBSTANCE) CLAIM that you don't need to abide by the WHOLE SENTENCE because YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T SUPPORT there being a physically alive JESUS CHRIST existing in your church along with your physically alive 'apostles.' YOU HAVE to relegate the "Jesus part' of the sentence to somewhere else since you cannot support WHAT IT SAYS.
    And yet I don't. Hmm...

You cannot find ONE WHOLE SENTENCE IN THE BIBLE that requires 'living mortal apostles' of JESUS to be present in every generation of the church UNLESS you ALSO HAVE A 'living mortal jesus' to go along with them.

NOTHING connecting the buddies of joe smith to the REAL Apostles of Jesus Christ. Just the word of joe smith, whom you must idolize.

runder posted:

Originally Posted by Christian Speaking of the mormon'apostles'),
    Why should we believe YOURS and not THEIRS were chosen by Jesus?

And you think THAT is being an 'apologist?'

Col 4:6
    6 Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.
    NKJV

You don't care to obey GOD'S WORD, the BIBLE, huh.

You ***ume that I can't. Apostles were chosen after the original 12. You should really read the New Testament sometime

I have read all of it several times through, done exegetical studies of most of the books in it. IF YOU COULD SOMEHOW 'CONNECT' the cronies of joe smith who were his first 12, then the elected 'good old boys' that followed, to the Apostles of the Bible, you would know they are NOT the same kind of people.

Yeah, that's what I thought. You're all talk, no substance

Speak for (and OF) yourself. . .

Since Jesus Christ is part of the SAME SENTENCE and SAME SUBJECT, then you MUST (according to your own misinterpretation of this p***age) have a LIVE AND PHYSICALLY MORTAL 'jesus' hiding in your cellar somewhere
    False.

PROVE IT. You cannot of course. You are all talk, no substance, just as you said.

You want to 'cherry-pick' tiny partial sentences, pretend they mean junk the original writers did in not any mean have anything to do with, and try to force it into your own private paradigm. Reasoned discourse is beyond your capabilities, apparently. Understanding of the Bible (the only REAL scriptures) is beyond you.

alanmolstad

the term "Anti-Mormon or in this case anti-LDS" is not allowed here.

hristian posted:

You are all talk, no substance, just as you said.

You want to 'cherry-pick' tiny partial sentences, pretend they mean junk the original writers did in not any mean have anything to do with, and try to force it into your own private paradigm. Reasoned discourse is beyond your capabilities, apparently. Understanding of the Bible (the only REAL scriptures) is beyond you.

6 Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.
    NKJV

hristian posted:

NKJV

I try to obey EVERY WORD of God's Word, the Bible.

YOU are the one who claimed you 'don't care' what I believe.

YOU are the pot calling the kettle black

Of course it did.

Prove it.

You cannot, you clearly don't even KNOW HIM.