Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On The Ropes

Sir

Default On The Ropes

How do you know when LDS-critics are on the ropes?

You respond with bold truth (in red) and it gets wiped clean from the record.

Dear Apollos,

You have received an infraction.....

Reason: Rule 22: Divisive/Inflammatory Don't waste the time of the board participants by intentionally being divisive. A moderator will determine what is or is not considered divisive. There are some who come to the boards only to cause dissension and confusion.

This infraction is worth 10 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=4634717

Quote Originally Posted by CBB MBC View Post

I'm not sure what your point here is?
    Russ' point is to claim the LDS church is eventually going to proclaim that gay marriage is okay, or that ****sexuality is not a sin.

Sadly, though, what Russ is actually fighting AGAINST, is the notion that a church SHOULD be accepting of LGBT members and offer them encouragement. That doesn't mean to accept their lifestyle as being of God, but to remind them they are still children of God and can draw closer to the Savior Jesus Christ and turn to Him for support in dealing with their circumstance.

Russ' church probably condemns gays and encourages them to commit suicide, since that seems to be why he has a beef with Mormons that are doing the opposite. No wonder he won't tell anyone what church he attends! I wouldn't either!

All the best,
    Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat
    Hardly seems like anything remotely offensive or insulting to another poster. Someone asked why Russ was posting about Steve Young speaking at a LGBT conference. And we have seen people like Russ claim that the LDS church is on its way to accepting ****sexuality as okay.

They call THAT divisive and inflammatory?! Sheeeeeesh, they might as well shut the whole forum down then if that is what goes as being divisive and inflammatory.

But interestingly enough the moderators did something I've not seen them do lately. They deleted my post and they also redacted it from Russ' quote of it (something they usually don't do so you can still see why someone's post was deleted). And so there is no record of it anywhere except my PM, not even a little icon on the thread index stating a post had been deleted. It's like they are trying to secretly delete posts that are so truthful and pointed and not leave any trace of them. LOLOLOL.......

Sir

Oh, and because if this little gem from Sunday, they went ahead and banned me for a few days.

Never amazed at what anti-Mormons are allowed to say and what's deemed "insulting" when a Mormon says it:

Dear Apollos,

You have received an infraction at Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat.

Reason: Rule 12: Insulted Other Member(s). Attacking users. Rule 25: Freedom of Speech: Freedom of speech here comes with the responsibility to speak decently within the parameters of the rules.By registering you are agreeing not to be vulgar, divisive,insulting,profane, etc. (read all the rules). It helps to try and treat others as you want to be treated. (Luke 6:31)
    -------
    Rule 12: Insulted Other Member(s). Attacking users.
    -------

This infraction is worth 10 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=4621979

Quote Originally Posted by GloryToGOD View Post

You can't become a new creature in a puppet you have named "jesus christ". The Mormon "holy spirit" is fake. Oh and by the way, so are your "heavenly parents".

GTG
    Relax. We know you were just building a platform to spew vitriol and anti-Mormon pla***udes, not truly seeking answers to questions.

All the best,
    Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums | Christian Chat

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    Oh, and because if this little gem from Sunday, they went ahead and banned me for a few days.

Never amazed at what anti-Mormons are allowed to say and what's deemed "insulting" when a Mormon says it:
    Sir, you are banned! Oh shoot that didn't work, but really, I'd never banned anyone for their thoughts. That is what liberals do.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by RealFakeHair View Post
    I'd never banned anyone for their thoughts. That is what liberals do.
    True.......

Libby

Ahem. I happen to be a liberal and consider myself very tolerant of what others have to say (unless it's racist or bigoted in some way). Truly, some of the most intolerant boards I have ever posted on (like CARM) are run by conservative Christians.

Sir, I would not have batted an eye at what you said, let alone banned you. Seemed quite mild.

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Ahem. I happen to be a liberal and consider myself very tolerant of what others have to say (unless it's racist or bigoted in some way). Truly, some of the most intolerant boards I have ever posted on (like CARM) are run by conservative Christians.
    Not all liberals. Just the ones who want to shut down free speech (Fairness Doctrine and such).

Sir, I would not have batted an eye at what you said, let alone banned you. Seemed quite mild.
    That's why I just chuckle. LDS-critics are quite free to tell the LDS we are liars, brainwashed, deceived, psychotic, etc. But the moment you simply call out an LDS-critic on what he is doing you are considered to be divisive and attacking them.

Laugh and carry on, is all.

James Banta

Not all liberals. Just the ones who want to shut down free speech (Fairness Doctrine and such).

That's why I just chuckle. LDS-critics are quite free to tell the LDS we are liars, brainwashed, deceived, psychotic, etc. But the moment you simply call out an LDS-critic on what he is doing you are considered to be divisive and attacking them.

Laugh and carry on, is all.
    You have laughed a lot at me as I show mormonism in the light of the Bible.. Show me Biblically why you do so.. IHS jim

Sir

Quote Originally Posted by James Banta View Post
    You have laughed a lot at me as I show mormonism in the light of the Bible.. Show me Biblically why you do so.. IHS jim
    Um......I don't recall this being about you personally James. No need to try and make it so.

nrajeffreturns

Good points, Libby. Speaking of ridiculously unfair punishments from Carm's immoderate moderators:

Catherine A. had made this accusation:

"...you Mormons try to equate your own selves with Jesus..."

and then Biblos quoted my reply, and then for some crazy reason demanded that I list one false accusation she had made, so....

Dear NRA-Jeff,You have received an infraction at Christian Discussion Forums

Rule 12: Insulted Other Member(s). Attacking users.

Original Post:
    http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthread.php?p=4625508
    Originally Posted by biblos
    What Accusations?

The one I just quoted. Did you fail to read my post where I listed one of her false accusations? How could that be, when you obviously quoted it???

and that was somehow an attack on someone. But HER ORIGINAL insult/attack

"you Mormons try to equate your own selves with Jesus"

WASN'T one.

A-mazing.

Libby

"...you Mormons try to equate your own selves with Jesus..."
    James was telling me, on another thread, that it was okay to compare oneself to God, because we are supposed to be following him.

James Banta

James was telling me, on another thread, that it was okay to compare oneself to God, because we are supposed to be following him.
    Not just that Libby. I was saying that we should allow His perfection to reveal our sinfulness and in doing that show our clear need for His grace.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns

Yeah, well, I guess it's okay to do it unless you're LDS.....

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by nrajeffreturns View Post
    Yeah, well, I guess it's okay to do it unless you're LDS.....
    What Jesus will you compare yourself to? The Mighty God, the everlasting Father or the created Jesus taught by Joseph Smith? By comparing one's self to the Biblical Jesus we can see our sinful self that needs His forgiveness. The other well he couldn't even hold the Church together as Smith did. He is a weakling that defeat the early 1840's mobs of Missouri requiring God to take a commandment to build a temple in Far West back and leave Missouri to run to Illinois. Is that even the same god that gave Smith the Gold plates that was "translated" into the BofM.. A believer in that God, Nephi, said that God gives no commandment to us that He doesn't make possible to keep. I guess I am more a believer in the God of Nephi that Smith was, or that today's mormonism is.. Since you deny That God (2Nephi 31:21) you can't possible compare yourself to that Jesus, the Jesus of the Bible that is confirmed in the BofM.. IHS jim

nrajeffreturns

Well, we could compare Joseph Smith with another J.C.--John Calvin--if you want to....

James Banta

Ok do that.. Unless you want to have Smith name dragged through the mud again, Lets keep it to what each taught concerning God.. John Calvin agreed with the scripture in the doctrine of Predestination, Smith denied it.. Calvin agreed with the Bible on the nature of God That He is one God in The Father, Son. and Holy Spirit. Smith taught 3 Gods.. Calvin agreed with the Bible on the priesthood of all believers and one High Priest who is Jesus. Smith denied the bible reinsti tuting the Priesthood of Aaron and adding offices of Church leadership to a Priesthood that claimed many High Priests.. Calvin agreed with the Bible that Salvation is gained by God's grace through Faith in Jesus, Smith taught that the Bible is wrong and that total obedience is also required. Calvin agreed with the Bible that Jesus is the creator of all things even the spirits of all mankind each formed within that person. Smith taught that we were all created (Born) of God the Father long before we existed as a mortal person. I see Calvin agreeing with the word of God I see Smith teaching something entirely different.. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 08-19-2013 at 06:00 PM.

RealFakeHair

Well, we could compare Joseph Smith with another J.C.--John Calvin--if you want to....
    I would compare Joseph Smith jr. To Madoff, or Bill Clinton, but never to John Calvin.

James Banta

I would compare Joseph Smith jr. To Madoff, or Bill Clinton, but never to John Calvin.
    That's if he whats to start commenting the Character if each man.. I don't really think he wants to get into a character debate.. Smith never had enough character to be discussed.. IHS jim

James Banta

Um......I don't recall this being about you personally James. No need to try and make it so.
    I never said it was.. IHS jim

alanmolstad

That's if he whats to start commenting the Character if each man.. I don't really think he wants to get into a character debate.. Smith never had enough character to be discussed.. IHS jim
    I dont know this Madoff,...but you do see the clear fact that both Bill Clinton and Joe Smith are horny dogs to be sure....

James Banta

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I dont know this Madoff,...but you do see the clear fact that both Bill Clinton and Joe Smith are horny dogs to be sure....
    Bernard Madoff operated the largest Ponzi scheme, short of mormonism, in history. IHS jim
    Last edited by James Banta; 08-24-2013 at 09:30 AM.

RealFakeHair

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Similarity between Bill Clinton, and Joseph Smith jr. Are intresting to say the least.
    Both men craved power, and thought of nothing to get it.
    Both men used women like you might use a paper towel, use it and then throw it away.
    Both men used unsavory ways to gain in richest.
    Both men to this day are beloved by their followers.

nrajeffreturns

Don't be so harsh on Calvin, Fakey: He's not THAT much worse than Clinton and Madoff. I mean, sure, Calvin got people killed and never really repented of it, but heck, Madoff and Clinton both were indirectly responsible for deaths, too.

Plus, Clinton and Madoff conned lots of people into believing junk that was false--Clinton conned half the USA into swallowing liberalism, and Madoff conned thousands of people out of billions of dollars that he used to live like a billionaire. And Calvin conned hundreds of millions of Christians into believing in TULIP.

So all 3 of those guys are roughly in the same league.

nrajeffreturns

Bernard Madoff operated the largest Ponzi scheme, shirt of mormonism, in history. IHS jim

There you go again, Jim, making untrue claims.

Madoff's is listed as the largest:

"As of December 2008 the losses were estimated to be $65 billion, making it the largest investor fraud in history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ponzi_schemes

Mormonism isn't even on the list, ANYWHERE.

RealFakeHair

There you go again, Jim, making untrue claims.

Madoff's is listed as the largest:

"As of December 2008 the losses were estimated to be $65 billion, making it the largest investor fraud in history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ponzi_schemes

Mormonism isn't even on the list, ANYWHERE.
    Hum? In a way Mormonism is on top of the list... In the Holy Bible it goes something like this. (What would a man gain if he lose his soul...or something)

nrajeffreturns

Hum? In a way Mormonism is on top of the list... In the Holy Bible it goes something like this. (What would a man gain if he lose his soul...or something)
    How many people were conned into participating in the Crusades?