Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
Then why do you insist on something that is in contradiction to the Biblical NT?

1 Corinthians 8:6--King James Version (KJV)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Timothy 2:5---King James Version (KJV)
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Ephesians 4:4-6---King James Version (KJV)
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

In case you did not notice--God the Son is not included in the "one God" of the NT--ever.

What is it about Psalm 82 you are in denial of?

Psalm 82:1---King James Version (KJV)
82 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Paul not only separated the "one God"--and God the Son--he also believed in the reality of another god:

2 Corinthians 4:4---King James Version (KJV)
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Was Paul polytheistic?
Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
You have no concept of the eternal God, Father Son and Holy Ghost being the one God.
Obviously--that does nothing to explain why the NT writers always separated out God the Son from the "one God" of the NT.

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ever?? You do not know the Bible.
Then give us a NT quote where God the Son and the Holy Ghost were included in the "one God" of the NT. As the verses above point out--God the Son was separated out of the "one God"--every time.

Who was the word that was with God and was God? He is the same word that was made flesh, and dwelt among us.
God the Son. Again--God the Son was never included in the "one God" of the NT.

There is nothing in Psalms 82 that I deny. What I deny is the idea that you are trying to make a case for the polytheistic idea of more than one God.
Psalm 82:1 makes that case for us:

Psalm 82:1---King James Version (KJV)
82 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Ancient Israel believed in the Divine Council of the Gods. That, the scholars are in consensus of--includes OT writers.

Are you saying the OT writers testified of a false belief?

Paul was not a polytheist, see 1 Corinthians 8:4.

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

1 Corinthians 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
The NT writers did not adopt the Deutero-Isaiah theology--and Paul did not include God the Son in the "one God"--which you are in denial of:

Anyone who postulates God the Son had a God and Father, nor separated out Christ from the "one God"-- could never be labeled a Trinitarian:

1 Peter 1:3---King James Version (KJV)
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Jesus Christ was just exactly whom He claimed to be--the Son of God--both, as to His Spirit--and His Flesh.