Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Belive And Be Saved

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Saxon

Default Belive And Be Saved

The following Bible scriptures tell you to believe and be saved. There is no works or baptism involved with getting saved. Just believe.

Luke 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
    John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is p***ed from death unto life.

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
    John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
    John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Acts 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Acts 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
    Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
    Acts 16:32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

Romans 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
    Hebrews 10:39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

1Peter 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

1John 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
    1John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
    1John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
    1John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
    Last edited by Saxon; 06-13-2015 at 06:01 PM.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    The following Bible scriptures tell you to believe and be saved. There is no works involved with getting saved. Just believe.

Luke 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
    John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is p***ed from death unto life.

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
    John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
    John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Acts 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
    Acts 16:32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

Romans 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
    Hebrews 10:39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

1Peter 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

1Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

1John 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
    1John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
    1John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
    1John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
    Hi Saxon:

One question:

Is that belief a faith without works--in your theology?

James 2:26---King James Version (KJV)
    26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Saxon

Hi Saxon:

One question:

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
    Always the same question!

In the context of James 2:26, faith is always ***ociated with works. The works that show up with faith is to show men that there is faith at work in the believer. This is not in order to be saved but because a person with faith in God will always have a work ***ociated with faith.

The works that James is speaking to, is not a work to gain salvation as it is most obvious that Ephesians 2:8 to 10 states that salvation is a gift of God by grace through faith and it is NOT of works. It is also stated that works are for those that are in Christ Jesus, the saved.

The definition of faith in Hebrews 1:1 has two parts to it. First, the substance of things hoped for, is the believe part and the second, the evidence of things not seen is the working part. The starving man sitting at a table can believe that if he eats and drinks the food and drink that is on the table he will live but if he does not put his belief to work by eating he will die. The substance of the thing hoped for was the food and drink and the evidence of the thing not seen is eating of the food. Faith without works is dead.

When do Mormons actually get saved? Is it before physical death or after physical death?

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
    James 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and des***ute of daily food,
    James 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
    James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Hi Saxon:

One question:

Always the same question! In the context of James 2:26, faith is always ***ociated with works.
    Then faith alone theology cannot be true.

Saxon

Explain why it cannot be true!

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post--Hi Saxon:

One question:

Always the same question! In the context of James 2:26, faith is always ***ociated with works.

Bump for anyone

Saxon

Faith alone for what????

dberrie2000

Always the same question!

In the context of James 2:26, faith is always ***ociated with works.
    Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Faith alone for what????
    For just what the faith alone preach--salvation. The faith alone preach a salvation through a faith without works--a faith alone theology. The Bible has a different take on that:

So--if you believe faith is always ***ociated with works--how can faith alone theology be true?

Saxon

Faith does not save anyone. What's your problem?

Works doesn't save anyone and works and faith together doesn't save anyone either.

Faith does not save anyone. What's your problem?

Works doesn't save anyone and works and faith together doesn't save anyone either.
    Faith in JESUS CHRIST saves. Faith in donald duck does not. JESUS is the Savior, not faith itself.

Saxon

Faith in JESUS CHRIST saves. Faith in donald duck does not. JESUS is the Savior, not faith itself.
    When you say that faith saves I can understand what and why you are saying that and basically have no problem with it. In Ephesians 2:8 it states clearly that it is through faith. The human side of the salvation transaction is totally faith and it is faith alone that a person must have in Christ that will lead to salvation.

Ephesians 2:8 also states that it is by grace that you are saved. The idea of just what grace is can lead to differing thoughts of what saves us in reality. At this point, salvation, I take grace to be the at***ude that God has toward the human race. The God side of the salvation transaction is grace. It is God that does the saving. We as humans do not, cannot and will not ever be worthy of salvation, therefor it is God that saves us and it is only because he has an at***ude of grace towards us that he does save us. This is fueled by the unfathomable love that God has for all of mankind. (See John 3:16).

God is never in a position that he is obligated to save anyone. We can have all the faith that God gives us and still God is not obligated to save anyone. God and God alone saves.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
    Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

dberrie2000

When you say that faith saves I can understand what and why you are saying that and basically have no problem with it. In Ephesians 2:8 it states clearly that it is through faith. The human side of the salvation transaction is totally faith and it is faith alone that a person must have in Christ that will lead to salvation.
    Again--there is but one mention of "faith alone" found in the Biblical text:

James 2:24---New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Saxon

Again--there is but one mention of "faith alone" found in the Biblical text:

James 2:24---New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.
    I take it that you never read the rest of the post with any ability to comprehend. Faith does not save. Grace does not save. It is God alone that saves and that is only because of his at***ude of grace that he has for man. There is no way that a human can ever be worthy of salvation that is why it is by God’s grace that he saves anyone.

In your form of salvation, after all that you can do, how do you know that you have done all that you can do? You’re working for salvation is at best, a turkey shoot. You will never know if you are saved let alone having reached exaltation. There seems to be a difference according to LDS web sites.

You are taking James 2:24 out of context. Are the unsaved ever justified? No! Justification is after salvation.

What is exaltation? (https://www.lds.org/manual/gospel-pr...ation?lang=eng)
    Exaltation is eternal life, the kind of life God lives. He lives in great glory. He is perfect. He possesses all knowledge and all wisdom. He is the Father of spirit children. He is a creator. We can become like our Heavenly Father. This is exaltation.

Salvation (https://www.lds.org/scriptures/gs/salvation)
    To be saved from both physical and spiritual death. All people will be saved from physical death by the grace of God, through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Each individual can also be saved from spiritual death as well by the grace of God, through faith in Jesus Christ. This faith is manifested in a life of obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel and service to Christ.

dberrie2000

I take it that you never read the rest of the post with any ability to comprehend. Faith does not save. Grace does not save.
    Ephesians 2:8---King James Version (KJV)
    8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

It is God alone that saves and that is only because of his at***ude of grace that he has for man. There is no way that a human can ever be worthy of salvation that is why it is by God’s grace that he saves anyone.
    No one has argued that God saves by His grace--only that it's the obedient to Christ whom receives that grace:

Hebrews 5:9---King James Version (KJV)
    9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

In your form of salvation, after all that you can do,
    Would that be this form of salvation?

Matthew 10:22---King James Version (KJV)
    22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

how do you know that you have done all that you can do?
    The same way one can know he has enough faith to be saved.

You’re working for salvation is at best, a turkey shoot.
    Did these work for salvation?

Revelation 22:14---King James Version (KJV)
    14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

In the faith alone theology--anyone who believes they have to obey Christ with any act of obedience--are those who believe they have to work of salvation. The faith alone preach a gospel of salvation without works--IE--salvation through a dead faith:

James 2:20--King James Version (KJV)
    20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Saxon

Ephesians 2:8---King James Version (KJV)
    8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    Good, now tell me what you believe grace to be. Without that explanation your answer is useless.

No one has argued that God saves by His grace--only that it's the obedient to Christ whom receives that grace:

Hebrews 5:9---King James Version (KJV)
    9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
    It isn’t obedience that causes God to save but love. (See John 3:16) Tell me what you believe grace to be. Without that explanation your answer is useless.

Would that be this form of salvation?
    Matthew 10:22---King James Version (KJV)
    22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
    No.

The same way one can know he has enough faith to be saved.
    Don’t stop there, tell me about how you know you have enough faith to be saved. This is what you always do, you make sure that you never answer a question or give an incomplete answer. Are you afraid to stand on your beliefs??

Did these work for salvation?

Revelation 22:14---King James Version (KJV)
    14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

In the faith alone theology--anyone who believes they have to obey Christ with any act of obedience--are those who believe they have to work of salvation. The faith alone preach a gospel of salvation without works--IE--salvation through a dead faith:

James 2:20--King James Version (KJV)
    20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
    Ephesians 2:9 says that salvation is not of works, so they did not work for salvation.

You are beating the “dead faith” to death. You still don’t work for salvation. After you are saved then you do the works. That is the Bible way.

The LDS way is work until you are dead and then if you have enough works you might have made it. In reality, the Bible way, you will find that your works to earn salvation are all futile as the Bible has not changed and it still says “not of works”.

The salient question is this:

Are there conditions--things that we MUST do--in order to inherit eternal life?

The answer has to be either "yes" or "no."

Like many other Christians--probably the majority of Christians--the LDS say the answer is "yes."

What is YOUR answer?

Saxon

The salient question is this:

Are there conditions--things that we MUST do--in order to inherit eternal life?

The answer has to be either "yes" or "no."

Like many other Christians--probably the majority of Christians--the LDS say the answer is "yes."

What is YOUR answer?
    The answer is more than a yes or no. If I said yes, then you would think that I have caved to LDS thought that there is works that will cause God to have to save you. The Bible still says not of works.

If I say no, then you will think that I follow the Calvinist thought of predestination. I do not.

The only thing that a person must do is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved. (See Acts 16:30 and 31)

My answer is that there is nothing that you can do that will place God into a position that he is obligated to save.

Grace does not save. Faith does not save. Salvation is a gift of God, God saves because of his at***ude of grace towards mankind and that is because we cannot earn salvation. God’s love of the human race is what drives God to save. (See John 3:16) God saves by grace

What do you believe grace to be?

The answer is more than a yes or no. If I said yes, then you would think that I have caved to LDS thought that there is works that will cause God to have to save you. The Bible still says not of works.
    You have about 3 problems in that part of your post:

1. There can't be any other answer than "yes" or "no" the question, which was
    "Are there conditions--things that we MUST do--in order to inherit eternal life? "

2. When Paul said that works cannot save a person, he was referring to the works mentioned in the Jewish Torah. The LDS agree with Paul.

3. Jesus, and the LDS, believe that Jesus was made the author of salvation to all who OBEY Him in faith. There are far more Bible verses that mention obedience as a condition for eternal life, than there are that mention faith alone as the sole condition for eternal life. (Spoiler alert: There aren't ANY verses that say that faith is the sole requirement.)

4. Just as a reminder, LDS DON'T teach or believe that works will cause God to save you.

If I say no, then you will think that I follow the Calvinist thought of predestination. I do not.
    Not predestination per se, but the Calvinist dogma of cheap grace, where there is nothing a person can do, or should do, in order to make grace efficacious towards his salvation.

The only thing that a person must do is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved. (See Acts 16:30 and 31)
    You added the word "only" but the Bible doesn't have it. Rev. 22 says you'll be cursed if you add to the Bible, according to some Christians.

My answer is that there is nothing that you can do that will place God into a position that he is obligated to save.
    You contradict your answer below.

Grace does not save.
    So you don't believe the Bible where Paul says that we are saved by grace through faith?

...God saves because of his at***ude of grace towards mankind and that is because we cannot earn salvation. God’s love of the human race is what drives God to save.
    You believe that God is DRIVEN to save people. Isn't that the same as saying the God is obligated to save people? No matter how you word it, it's against His nature NOT to save people, right? So God is basically COMPELLED to save people. It's integral to who He is. He can't NOT save people just like He can't not be a liar.

The question to ask, then, is: By what criteria does God decide who to save, and who to not save? The Bible says it's based on faith and obedience. Obedience-only salvation, if you have no faith in Christ and the God who sent Him, is false. So is faith-only salvation, that has no obedience--just ask James.

(See John 3:16) God saves by grace
    What do you believe grace to be?
    God is the person or being who saves, yes. Grace is WHAT saves us. Grace is what God applies to those who faithfully obey Him, and that results in their salvation.

Saxon

You have about 3 problems in that part of your post:

1. There can't be any other answer than "yes" or "no" the question, which was
    "Are there conditions--things that we MUST do--in order to inherit eternal life? "
    Like I said, if I answer yes or no, you are free to jump to any conclusion you want to. I answered the way I did so you will know what I believe, not what you wish to think I believe.

2. When Paul said that works cannot save a person, he was referring to the works mentioned in the Jewish Torah. The LDS agree with Paul.
    When Paul said not of works he meant not of works. There is no hint in the text that there was anything more to be added or it would have been added. The terms grace and gift totally eliminate any type of works that you care to mention.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

3. Jesus, and the LDS, believe that Jesus was made the author of salvation to all who OBEY Him in faith. There are far more Bible verses that mention obedience as a condition for eternal life, than there are that mention faith alone as the sole condition for eternal life. (Spoiler alert: There aren't ANY verses that say that faith is the sole requirement.)
    When Paul said not of works he meant not of works. There is no hint in the text that there was anything more to be added or it would have been added. The terms grace and gift totally eliminate any type of works that you care to mention.

As fare as your spoiler alert goes I have said many times that faith does not save anyone. No spoiler here.

4. Just as a reminder, LDS DON'T teach or believe that works will cause God to save you.
    If you don’t do any works, then what? Will you be saved in accordance with LDS doctrine?

Not predestination per se, but the Calvinist dogma of cheap grace, where there is nothing a person can do, or should do, in order to make grace efficacious towards his salvation.
    Like I said, I don’t believe there doctrine of salvation or anything in TULIP.

You added the word "only" but the Bible doesn't have it. Rev. 22 says you'll be cursed if you add to the Bible, according to some Christians.
    This forum doesn’t cons***ute the Bible. I said, “The only thing that a person must do is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved. (See Acts 16:30 and 31)” The reason that I said only is because that is the only thing that a person must do. There is nothing else that can be done. Believing does not save anyone, God saves because he has an at***ude of grace toward mankind, so by god’s grace, god saves us.

I am not worried about one word on a forum. I would be worried if I were participating with a group that has added three books that are in contradiction to the Bible. To me, that is a worry.

You contradict your answer below.
    Which one?

So you don't believe the Bible where Paul says that we are saved by grace through faith?
    Of course I believe the Bible where Paul says that we are saved by grace through faith. How would you ever come to that conclusion? I have quoted and explained my belief of that statement just about every third or fourth time I post to the Mormon forum. But I shouldn’t be surprised as I don’t think you pay attention to much of what I say.

God saves because of his at***ude of grace towards mankind and that is because we cannot earn salvation.

Saxon

You believe that God is DRIVEN to save people. Isn't that the same as saying the God is obligated to save people? No matter how you word it, it's against His nature NOT to save people, right? So God is basically COMPELLED to save people. It's integral to who He is. He can't NOT save people just like He can't not be a liar.
    Driven, determined, motivated, or ambitious does not equate with obligated. Compelled is also a good term. Being compelled by love does not equal an obligation. God will not save people that do not believe.

The question to ask, then, is: By what criteria does God decide who to save, and who to not save? The Bible says it's based on faith and obedience. Obedience-only salvation, if you have no faith in Christ and the God who sent Him, is false. So is faith-only salvation, that has no obedience--just ask James.
    It is based on believing. God, by his grace saves those that believe. You ask James if the lost are justified before they are saved? The saved are justified not the lost.

1Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

God is the person or being who saves, yes. Grace is WHAT saves us. Grace is what God applies to those who faithfully obey Him, and that results in their salvation.
    Don’t be foolish, God saves. Does God have a great large jar of grace to slather on people and the chemical reaction saves them??

Saxon

Grace is given to us through Jesus Christ. It is the difference that is made up through His Atonement which can allow us to walk back into the presence of the Father. One confusion among traditional Christians is they treat the words "faith" and "grace" as interchangeable which they are not.
    Yes, grace is given to us, but what IS grace according to you? You say it is the difference made up through his atonement. The difference of what?

Christians do not treat faith and grace as interchangeable. Man is to put faith out to Jesus Christ and God puts out grace toward man. There is a huge difference that any Christian clearly knows. Who are you to tell how a Christian treats faith and grace when you have no idea what faith and grace are from a biblical point of view.

The scriptures say we are saved by grace through faith, but it never says it is by faith alone. Whenever the scriptures say we aren't saved by works it strictly refers to the works of the Law of Moses. James teaches that faith is dead without works. You can use any scripture you want to try and prove otherwise but I believe all will agree that the scriptures were not given to us to be used against themselves. All the scriptures agree in one and I agree with them: it is never by one thing alone.
    I am sorry that you think that way. The statement, “not of works” (See Ephesians 2:9) leaves no room for that kind or a thought. The text does not even hint at that. If you knew what the English term grace and gift meant (See Ephesians 2:8) you would not come to that conclusion. Ephesians 2:10 informs us that the good works that God would have us do comes after we are created in Christ Jesus (saved). You need to understand what a Christian means by the English term saved, before you presume to tell us what we mean.

I agree that the scriptures were not given to us to be used against themselves but I am not sure that you believe it when you can read Ephesians 2:8 to 10 and still believe that you have to work to get saved.

Grace is given because of faith; that same faith, however, MUST be accompanied by works of righteousness. Paul, to the Romans, said grace is given for obedience to the faith. To obey is to take action. Jesus said not everyone who confesses His name shall be saved, but those who "do the will of [his] Father which is in heaven."
    You are confused as to what salvation is compared to justification. The lost are not justified and the lost will never be justified as long as they are in a lost condition. Salvation comes first and then justification of the saved person.

In Ephesians 2:8, when Paul says faith do you suspect that he is speaking of justification or salvation? When he says saved through faith he is speaking of salvation. Do we really have to second guess Paul in order to find out if he is speaking of a faith that is acceptable to God? If you look at what he wrote you should see that it isn’t faith that saves. For that matter it isn’t grace that saves either. You can have all the faith that you want that is acceptable to God and that will not save. The last statement in verse 8 says that it is the GIFT OF GOD. God saves. There is nothing that a person can do that will put God into a position that he is obligated to save. Not of works.

To those who say it is by faith alone, you may not realize it but you too believe you must "do" something to obtain grace. When the Holy Ghost bears testimony and provides you with faith, you must still accept that faith. To accept it is to do a work. Salvation never comes to those who do nothing; will a spiritual couch potato enter the kingdom of God? Never unless he or she repents and accepts the gospel as it has been restored.
    Find out what the English term grace means and you will find out that you cannot obtain grace by any effort or work.

Explain how accepting faith is going to get you saved when, as you claim, it is a work and the Bible is quite clear that salvation is NOT OF WORKS. You said above that scriptures should not be used against themselves, why do you fight so hard against Ephesians 2:9?

Restored?? When was it ever in need of restoration? Matthew 24:35 says that the words of Jesus will not p*** away. Mark and Luke confirm this to be so. There is no way that a restoration was needed.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall p*** away, but my words shall not p*** away.

Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth shall p*** away: but my words shall not p*** away.

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall p*** away: but my words shall not p*** away.

Traditionalists say "just believe" but when we Latter-Day Saints say we believe, you extend your statement to a paragraph of "No, you must believe this, this, this, and that with this, that, and that. You have to get rid of this, that, this belief, and that belief."
    Read the first post and then tell me that you need to do more than believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Don’t use other people as an excuse, you can read. Matthew and Mark have warned that there are false Christs. The only stipulation is that you believe on the Christ of the Bible, not the false Christs that come from man’s vile imaginings.

As far as getting rid of other beliefs, it is a matter of rejecting false beliefs and retaining truth.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mark 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

To believe/believe on Jesus Christ and to believe in Jesus Christ are entirely different things. To believe in Him is to believe that He exists, to believe Him is to believe in His teachings are true and to display through an exemplary life as a disciple. For example, you must be baptized by one who holds the priesthood.
    To believe on Jesus Christ and to believe in Jesus Christ are exactly the same thing.

And what is the priesthood that you speak of? The order of Melchizedek? That can’t be as there is only one priest of that order and that is Jesus.

By the Law of Moses each new priest had to be a descendant of Aaron and they ***umed the priesthood because of the law of succession made necessary by death; that is, regardless of how personally holy or desirous his predecessor was in remaining on and on as priest, they could not continue in the office beyond death. In contrast, the priesthood of Christ after the order of Melchizedek rests on the power of His endless and sinless life. God made Him a "priest forever". Since He would never die in this office, His eternal priesthood would make unnecessary the appointment of another priest after Him.

Any Christian can baptize because the believers priesthood is a royal priesthood (See 1 Peter 2:9). Why is LDS doctrine always contrary to the Bible??

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

To say grace is given for obedience to the faith isn't a works based salvation. You must understand that a variable factor to an end result is not the same as the causation of the result. For example, eating healthy causes one to have better health. The food themselves are variable factors to the desired health but not the causation; the cause of the positive health comes from the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients found within the foods. Works and faith are both factors of salvation but it is the interconnection of both principles that are the causation for the Atonement of Jesus Christ to take effect in it's fullness so we are to obtain the grace it provides.
    Now you are saying it isn’t a works based salvation, but your doctrines require works for salvation. Make up your mind. You can’t have it both ways. Your verbal gymnastics won’t cut it.

dberrie2000

Christians do not treat faith and grace as interchangeable. Man is to put faith out to Jesus Christ and God puts out grace toward man.
    Is this an example of faith in Christ for mankind--and God's grace?

Acts 2:38----King James Version (KJV)
    38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Saxon

This is something that is done after salvation, Acts 2:38. A person has placed faith in Christ and God, by his grace, saved that person. After salvation we cannot put away faith in God and God does not stop being graceful to us. This continues as long as we are in Christ and physically alive. you have to differentiate between before salvation and after salvation.

alanmolstad

it goes like this...

We are saved by Grace 'though" faith, and not by any works at all...none...zip...zero.

This means that the only channel that grace takes to save men is via 'faith"....and not by "works"

This also is supports by the idea that faith without works is a dead faith, in that the one single "work" Christ talked about being needed is to "Believe in the Son"

This is also why Mormons have dead faith, for they have no works.

For the single work they should have is missing,m ( ie- To believe in the Jesus of the Bible.)

Mormons dont a living faith, they have traded the Jesus of the Bible for the false Jesus taught by Joe Smith...
    (And Joe Smith just dreamed up his false idea about Jesus just to get laid...)

So when a Mormon dies, this is why they go directly to Hell and suffer forever in torment, for they had "Dead Faith" lacking works...

alanmolstad

Mormons are sent to hell due to all of them having Dead faith....(a faith without works is "Dead Faith")

For they have rejected the only 'work" Christ talked about that was to be sought, and that is the 'work" to believe in the true Son as taught in the Bible.

All Mormons reject the true Christ and have put all their hopes and prayers in a false Jesus that Joe Smith invented so that he could get girls into his bed.

This is why all Mormons end up toasting he Hell's fires, for they all have rejected the one true path to salvation and have been led into the fire by the guiding hands of a false prophet name Joe Smith...
    Now Im sure at the final Judgement, all the Mormons will be shocked to find they have been condemned to eternal ****ation, and my try to say, "But did not all us Mormons do all these mighty works in your name?...did we not go door to door?..did we not travel across the world in your name?"

The problem is, they never knew the true Jesus of the Bible...

All the mighty works of the Mormons dont mean squat!
    they still are condemned to hell's fire regardless.