Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Belive And Be Saved

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    Hey, "theway," aren't you permanently banned from CARM for using double posting names?
    No.... No I was not... And you already know that because you were the one who got me banned on another false statement of yours which you told them I had said.

I realize it's hard for a person to try and keep their false accusations straight...

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    No.... No I was not... And you already know that because you were the one who got me banned on another false statement of yours which you told them I had said.

I realize it's hard for a person to try and keep their false accusations straight...
    So, tell us "the way" NOT, haven't you been banned from CARM for using multiple posting names? If not that, care to share just why you are banned?
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

So, tell us "the way" NOT, haven't you been banned from CARM for using multiple posting names? If not that, care to share just why you are banned?
    No... thats not why I was banned, and I've already shared the reason on this forum.

Saxon

Irrelevant to your self-contradictions and flip-flopping.
    Examples. You keep writing and saying nothing.

Earlier you said that the requirements are not different based on denomination. So either your statement applies to Mormons, or you're contradicting yourself.
    What you fail to comprehend is that the LDS Jesus is not the same as the Jesus that is described in the Bible.

The Jesus of the Bible is NOT the spirit brother of Lucifer. Jesus of the Bible created Lucifer. Jesus of the Bible was NOT a spirit child of the Father. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are the one God. There is no other God that exists.

The Bible says to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved. This is in reference to the Jesus of the Bible not the polytheistic Jesus of Mormon thought. You can believe in a being called Jesus that is not the Jesus of the Bible all you want and nothing close to salvation will occur within you.

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
    Galatians 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
    Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Post #5.
    You need to be more specific, I am not guessing what you are talking about.

You don't get to disagree. It's an objective fact.
    I do get to disagree, I did and I still disagree now.

Your statements in this thread.
    You need to be more specific, I am not guessing what you are talking about.

No it doesn't. It says nothing of the kind. You're just making stuff up.
    It does, read Articles of Faith #8.

No, it's up to you to back up your claims.
    I back my claims but you don’t back anything you say. Read the statements in the quotes, their all yours and no backup.

Post #5
    Read it again; that statement is not there.

Saxon

Explain why it cannot be true!

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    What you fail to comprehend is that the LDS Jesus is not the same as the Jesus that is described in the Bible.
    That's correct, I don't comprehend anti-Mormon lies.

The Jesus of the Bible is NOT the spirit brother of Lucifer. Jesus of the Bible created Lucifer. Jesus of the Bible was NOT a spirit child of the Father. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are the one God. There is no other God that exists.
    All of this is irrelevant for salvation. We don't have to believe doctrine to be saved, remember?

The Bible says to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.
    Great. Mormons believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, so we must be saved, right?

Saxon

That's correct, I don't comprehend anti-Mormon lies.
    No, no; it is that you don’t comprehend Bible truth.

All of this is irrelevant for salvation. We don't have to believe doctrine to be saved, remember?
    Believing a lie is not the same as believing the truth.

Great. Mormons believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, so we must be saved, right?
    When you believe on the Jesus that is of the Bible then you will be save, of that there is no doubt. Believing a lie will not get you saved.

No, no; it is that you don’t comprehend Bible truth.
    Of course I do; that's how I see through anti-Mormon lies.

Believing a lie is not the same as believing the truth.
    Then you'd better start believing the truth.

When you believe on the Jesus that is of the Bible then you will be save, of that there is no doubt.
    Mormons believe on the Jesus that is of the Bible, so we must be saved, right?

Believing a lie will not get you saved.
    But believing on the Lord Jesus Christ, like Mormons do, will, right?

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post--Hi Saxon:

One question:

Is that belief a faith without works--in your theology?

James 2:26---King James Version (KJV)
    26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Always the same question! In the context of James 2:26, faith is always ***ociated with works.
    Then faith alone theology cannot be true.

Bump for anyone

Saxon

Faith alone for what????

Saxon

Of course I do; that's how I see through anti-Mormon lies.
    If you comprehended Bible truth you would not have been sucked into the vortex of Mormon lies.

Then you'd better start believing the truth.
    I have been believing the truth of the Bible for 43 years to date.

Mormons believe on the Jesus that is of the Bible, so we must be saved, right?
    Mormons do not believe on the Jesus that is of the Bible, so you must not be saved, right?

But believing on the Lord Jesus Christ, like Mormons do, will, right?
    But believing on the Lord Jesus Christ, like Mormons do, will never get you saved, right?

Mormons do not believe on the Jesus that is of the Bible
    That is a lie.

But believing on the Lord Jesus Christ, like Mormons do, will never get you saved, right?
    Wrong.

alanmolstad

If you comprehended Bible truth you would not have been sucked into the vortex of Mormon lies.

I have been believing the truth of the Bible for 43 years to date.

Mormons do not believe on the Jesus that is of the Bible, so you must not be saved, right?

Amen........

Saxon

You keep saying that, now support you in-depth statements.

Saxon

Amen to that!!!

alanmolstad

I call em how I see em

dberrie2000

Always the same question!

In the context of James 2:26, faith is always ***ociated with works.
    Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Then faith alone theology cannot be true.
    Faith alone for what????
    For just what the faith alone preach--salvation. The faith alone preach a salvation through a faith without works--a faith alone theology. The Bible has a different take on that:

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

So--if you believe faith is always ***ociated with works--how can faith alone theology be true?

Saxon

Faith does not save anyone. What's your problem?

Works doesn't save anyone and works and faith together doesn't save anyone either.

Faith does not save anyone. What's your problem?

Works doesn't save anyone and works and faith together doesn't save anyone either.
    Faith in JESUS CHRIST saves. Faith in donald duck does not. JESUS is the Savior, not faith itself.

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    As the scriptures show--it's dead faith without obedience to Christ:

Do you believe one can be saved through dead faith?
    The faith GOD gives us in Jesus Christ is NEVER dead. Works follow.

Perhaps if you knew MORE of the Bible than just that one isolated verse. . .you wouldn't be so confused.

Saxon

Faith in JESUS CHRIST saves. Faith in donald duck does not. JESUS is the Savior, not faith itself.
    When you say that faith saves I can understand what and why you are saying that and basically have no problem with it. In Ephesians 2:8 it states clearly that it is through faith. The human side of the salvation transaction is totally faith and it is faith alone that a person must have in Christ that will lead to salvation.

Ephesians 2:8 also states that it is by grace that you are saved. The idea of just what grace is can lead to differing thoughts of what saves us in reality. At this point, salvation, I take grace to be the at***ude that God has toward the human race. The God side of the salvation transaction is grace. It is God that does the saving. We as humans do not, cannot and will not ever be worthy of salvation, therefor it is God that saves us and it is only because he has an at***ude of grace towards us that he does save us. This is fueled by the unfathomable love that God has for all of mankind. (See John 3:16).

God is never in a position that he is obligated to save anyone. We can have all the faith that God gives us and still God is not obligated to save anyone. God and God alone saves.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
    Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    The faith GOD gives us in Jesus Christ is NEVER dead.
    What about people who had faith, but they let it die....such as those who commit the unpardonable sin?

dberrie2000

When you say that faith saves I can understand what and why you are saying that and basically have no problem with it. In Ephesians 2:8 it states clearly that it is through faith. The human side of the salvation transaction is totally faith and it is faith alone that a person must have in Christ that will lead to salvation.
    Again--there is but one mention of "faith alone" found in the Biblical text:

James 2:24---New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post

No, you made the statement that what CARM was engaging in activity for which it could be sued. You knew exactly what you were doing, pal. When you get employed, and work as an attorney, then maybe we'll listen to you.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

No, you made the statement that what CARM was engaging in activity for which it could be sued. You knew exactly what you were doing, pal. When you get employed, and work as an attorney, then maybe we'll listen to you.
    Well then, on that same note... As soon as you get a theology degree from an accredited university (and not one from a diploma mill), become an ordained Minister/Preacher, become a member of the LDS Church, or even at the very least of read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover.... then maybe we'll listen to you.

I notice also that you did not deny that my findings were correct or accurate?
    I thought you said you were one who stood up for the truth no matter where it comes from?
    Last edited by theway; 04-30-2015 at 05:42 PM.