Thread: Trolling - a New Technique to bring down Christian Apologetic sites?

Default Trolling - a New Technique to bring down Christian Apologetic sites?

On another forum we have a Mormon troll who insists on hijacking every single thread on the forum and turning them into a discussion of Christian soteriology. This character has a handful of Bible verses, taken out of context, which he uses in a nefarious attempt to undermine the Good News of the Gospel of Christ - that believers are saved by faith in the Biblical Christ. Repeated "alerts" end with no reponse in fact. But I pray that that troll doesn't get suspended, because I'd never want him over here.

This is one of the last forums where a Christian can actually put up researched threads that expose Mormon history and doctrine. Let people decide for themselves if they want to get involved in the occultic rites of the LDS.

Meanwhile, we should thank the Lord that we have former Mormons here, Jim, Neverending, Billy, (did I miss any?), who have actually gone through the Mormon experience and who are willing to spend time here telling the truth and sharing their knowledge about Mormonism -things only former members are aware of.

I believe the Mormons are now on a new track - take down the sites. They will attempt to do this with troll-like methods: refusing to discuss issues; sarcasm; snarkiness; outright ad homs, etc. On one site, Newnamenoah was vilified by his own brother mercilessly. It has turned into a free-for-all. Actually, the Walter Martin site offers a lot more to Christians who are seriously interested in discussing Mormon doctrine and exposing its history. Mormon history stands as a condemning shadow above the LDS!
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

neverending

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    On another forum we have a Mormon troll who insists on hijacking every single thread on the forum and turning them into a discussion of Christian soteriology. This character has a handful of Bible verses, taken out of context, which he uses in a nefarious attempt to undermine the Good News of the Gospel of Christ - that believers are saved by faith in the Biblical Christ. Repeated "alerts" end with no reponse in fact. But I pray that that troll doesn't get suspended, because I'd never want him over here.

This is one of the last forums where a Christian can actually put up researched threads that expose Mormon history and doctrine. Let people decide for themselves if they want to get involved in the occultic rites of the LDS.

Meanwhile, we should thank the Lord that we have former Mormons here, Jim, Neverending, Billy, (did I miss any?), who have actually gone through the Mormon experience and who are willing to spend time here telling the truth and sharing their knowledge about Mormonism -things only former members are aware of.

I believe the Mormons are now on a new track - take down the sites. They will attempt to do this with troll-like methods: refusing to discuss issues; sarcasm; snarkiness; outright ad homs, etc. On one site, Newnamenoah was vilified by his own brother mercilessly. It has turned into a free-for-all. Actually, the Walter Martin site offers a lot more to Christians who are seriously interested in discussing Mormon doctrine and exposing its history. Mormon history stands as a condemning shadow above the LDS!
    Hi and Good Morning,
    It is so sad to watch people who fight so hard against God and his plan of salvation. Having been raised LDS and then finding it was all a lie, it was very disturbing and I became very angry. We were very blessed to have found a church and a Pastor who was so very patient because James and I were so stuck on baptism that it literally took us 3 months before we finally understood that the waters of baptism does not save anyone. I understand the mind set of the LDS since their way of teaching is more mind control then anything else. Ever listen to GA talks during General Conference? The monotone voices that almost lull you to sleep. The temple ritual is almost as bad. This is certainly a way to brain wash people.
    Hey, if the Mormons who once came here don't want to, because they fear hearing the truth then so be it. We will pray for them and leave it in God's hands. After all, God said, he would force no man into heaven. We have sown seeds, but we won't often see whether those seed has taken root, we leave that up to God.
    My praise and honor are His for He chose me out of all my family to see the falsehoods of Mormonism and accept Him and be adopted into His family. His grace has been there for me in so many ways. Thank you Father. God bless you Carol and all those who come here. May our words be those of kindness and words that will speak to the hearts of the lost. Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by neverending View Post
    Hi and Good Morning,
    It is so sad to watch people who fight so hard against God and his plan of salvation. Having been raised LDS and then finding it was all a lie, it was very disturbing and I became very angry. We were very blessed to have found a church and a Pastor who was so very patient because James and I were so stuck on baptism that it literally took us 3 months before we finally understood that the waters of baptism does not save anyone. I understand the mind set of the LDS since their way of teaching is more mind control then anything else. Ever listen to GA talks during General Conference? The monotone voices that almost lull you to sleep. The temple ritual is almost as bad. This is certainly a way to brain wash people.
    Hey, if the Mormons who once came here don't want to, because they fear hearing the truth then so be it. We will pray for them and leave it in God's hands. After all, God said, he would force no man into heaven. We have sown seeds, but we won't often see whether those seed has taken root, we leave that up to God.
    My praise and honor are His for He chose me out of all my family to see the falsehoods of Mormonism and accept Him and be adopted into His family. His grace has been there for me in so many ways. Thank you Father. God bless you Carol and all those who come here. May our words be those of kindness and words that will speak to the hearts of the lost. Amen.
    The Mormons are still here and gave my latest thread on the New Israelites a thumbs down because it exposes the truth of Smith's cult. They're reading, and I frankly don't miss their snarky remarks. They simply don't know how to debate.
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

John T

The Mormons are still here and gave my latest thread on the New Israelites a thumbs down because it exposes the truth of Smith's cult. They're reading, and I frankly don't miss their snarky remarks. They simply don't know how to debate.
    In order to debate properly, you have to have two sides dealing with the truth. Since there NOTHING in the BoM corresponds with reality, it is impossible to have a proper debate.

As a result, you are dealing with people who profess to "kmow truth" because they had the subjective experience of a belly ache, aka "Maalox moment" which is the guarantor of having truth.

Of course it is ALL delusional, and since no one can "debate" a delusion, they try to use such pettifogging tactics as you mentioned previously. As a result, the ONLY apologetic that they have is to scoop a shovel full off the barn floor, toss it towards the fan, and hope something sticks.

And for doing this they pathetically believe that they alone have salvation.

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    In order to debate properly, you have to have two sides dealing with the truth. Since there NOTHING in the BoM corresponds with reality, it is impossible to have a proper debate.

As a result, you are dealing with people who profess to "kmow truth" because they had the subjective experience of a belly ache, aka "Maalox moment" which is the guarantor of having truth.

Of course it is ALL delusional, and since no one can "debate" a delusion, they try to use such pettifogging tactics as you mentioned previously. As a result, the ONLY apologetic that they have is to scoop a shovel full off the barn floor, toss it towards the fan, and hope something sticks.

And for doing this they pathetically believe that they alone have salvation.
    There is no hard, indisputable evidence for anything Smith ever said (including his first vision claims), or for any of the books he co-authored (the Book of Mormon, Moses, etc.), or any of his so-called "revelations," and ultimately none for the biggest fraud of Mormonism - the "Book of Abraham."

James Banta

There is no hard, indisputable evidence for anything Smith ever said (including his first vision claims), or for any of the books he co-authored (the Book of Mormon, Moses, etc.), or any of his so-called "revelations," and ultimately none for the biggest fraud of Mormonism - the "Book of Abraham."
    You really think making up some phony alphabet and some story using Biblical names is more of a fraud than dropping a rock in a hat, sticking your face in it and reading parchment that appears in the darkness? I don't.. I know that Smith was very intelligent and had a wonderful short term memory but without any ability to come up with an original thought..

I see how the First vision story evolved, I see statements that claim that the BofM was given through the gift and power of God and then saw the LDS church's need to make over 2,000 changes in the very next edition.. And of course well over another 1,000 in the rest of the forthcoming editions. This Church and it's leadership have to believe that they can make up God's word better than He can give it to us.. All of mormonism is a lie from the first vision to the temple ceremony.. IHS jim

alanmolstad

I believe the Mormons are now on a new track - take down the sites. They will attempt to do this with troll-like methods: refusing to discuss issues; sarcasm; snarkiness; outright ad homs, etc. !
    One must be patient if you seek to reach some people with the truth.

I know, its not easy to always be under attack, and to always be faced with people that are out to cause you harm.
    But the words of our Lord are clear about this issue, that we should expect all manner of evil being directed as us Christians, for the same types of people treated our Lord no better.

We should just be patient and allow the Lord to break down the hardness and anger that has formed such walls inside the heart of the Mormon who visits here.