Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Christianity?

Saxon

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

Hey Sax,

He's been shown this p***age endless times. He is blind to it, ignores it, pretends it is not there.

Trying to open his eyes to the TRUTH is like trying to explain 'purple' to a person born blind. I suppose we should keep trying though, for the lurkers, not for him.

He is a victim of a reprobate mind. He is not willing to see the truth.

Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    Agreed. It's called "intellectual dishonesty." He's been shown the truth so many times from every angle and with so many Scriptures that in my opinion it's impossible for someone not to understand it.

Pride is our worst enemy. DBerrie just chooses to reject it anyway.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    Hi Christian:

These truths?

James 2:24---New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version (KJV)
    16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
    17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
    19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Acts 5:32---King James Version (KJV)
    32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Acts 10:34-35---King James Version (KJV)
    34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
    35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

2 John 9---King James Version (KJV)
    9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Hi Christian:

These truths?

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
    17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
    19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
    35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
    again you pull the same scriptures out but none support the teaching of the mormon ideology. how can you obey God when mormon ideology teaches things God did not teach? Where are your scriptures that instruct believers ot wear magic underwear, keep 2 years of food stocked up, that lucifer is Jesus' brother, that god made spiritual babies in 'heaven' and needs people to procreate to get them into a human body?

sorry but you fail in defending your ideology
    check the new book thread to find my new books

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post Hi Christian:

These truths?

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    again you pull the same scriptures out but none support the teaching of the mormon ideology.
    All of the above scriptures fit the LDS theology well. But what they don't do--is fit the faith alone theology. The faith alone share precious little in common with the Biblical NT theology.

You still have not printed for us what you find in the Biblical NT--which is not also found in the LDS church--as far as salvational doctrines go.

All of the above scriptures fit the LDS theology well. But what they don't do--is fit the faith alone theology. The faith alone share precious little in common with the Biblical NT theology.

You still have not printed for us what you find in the Biblical NT--which is not also found in the LDS church--as far as salvational doctrines go.

YOUR FAIRYTALE VERSION of faith alone theology is TOTALLY BIBLICAL. YOU have nothing to offer God that you can 'give to Him' by your own hand. ALL you have is the sin and dirt of your own soiled being. JESUS DID IT ALL. Not joey smith's imaginary 'spirit-brother-of-satan-jesus', but the REAL Jesus, the ONLY begotten (fathered) Son of God (see Matt 16:18).

Joey smith lied to you. There's NO SALVATION in fairy-tale 'demon-christs.'

Which 'lds' church? The fundamentalists? Strangites? RLDS?

Oh yes, they are just as authentic as the utah youngites.

Did I mention there are over 150 of the lds "only RIGHT ones?'

Want me to repost the LIST?

dberrie2000

[COLOR=#0000CD]YOUR FAIRYTALE VERSION of faith alone theology is TOTALLY BIBLICAL.
    Hi Christian:

I know:

James 2:24--New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by Christian View Post YOUR FAIRYTALE VERSION of faith alone theology is TOTALLY BIBLICAL.
    Hi Christian:

I know:

Anyone care to address this concern?

Hi Christian:

I know:

We have shown you that YOUR pretense on the dead horse you keep flogging is not believed by ANYONE ANYWHERE.

In other words, you are still making yourself look stupid.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post Hi Christian:

I know:

We have shown you that YOUR pretense on the dead horse you keep flogging is not believed by ANYONE ANYWHERE.

In other words, you are still making yourself look stupid.
    What is there about the Biblical scriptures that you feel is pretentious, a "dead horse"--or shouldn't be believed?

Christian--your approach here seems to be the followed whenever the Biblical scriptures defy one's theology. As I have stated before,--IMO--the faith alone share precious little with the Biblical NT:

Ephesians 2:20--King James Version (KJV)
    20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

The faith alone approach is the denial of all Biblical scriptures which defy their theology--and attacking some leader of the LDS church--usually, which lived over a century ago.

Care to address the posted scriptures?