Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHO do you have faith in?

Default WHO do you have faith in?

Jesus Christ? Or YOURSELF to 'do enough' good works?

I'll stick with Jesus, my good works come from HIS HOLY SPIRIT, not from myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    We have faith in Jesus Christ. How did you not know that?

I have faith in Jesus Christ, I must be saved then, right?

I'll stick with Jesus, my good works come from HIS HOLY SPIRIT, not from myself.
    Yeah, I can see you now on judgement day...
    Lord: "Where were you when I needed clothes, was sick and needed looking after, was in prison and you came to visit me?"
    Christian: "I knew you were a hard man, so I hid my faith in the ground so it would not steal your thunder Lord, but here is my faith" "After all Lord, you've got good works to spare, give me some of your oil for my lamp".

What do you think God's reply will be?
    "well done, thy good and faithful servant"
    Or "You wicked, lazy servant! Depart from Me"
    Last edited by theway; 04-23-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    We have faith in Jesus Christ. How did you not know that?
    And WHICH jesus christ would that be? Joseph smith's INVENTED jesus? Or the REAL BIBLICAL ONE that is NOT a spirit brother of satan?

Yes, I think I DO know which one the mormons follow. Their posts and literature TELL US.

And WHICH jesus christ would that be?
    How many Jesus Christs do you think there are?

way posted:

That would depend upon WHICH jesus christ you had faith in.

IF you have faith in a jesus christ that joey smith taught (who is a 'spirit-brother' of satan), then you are NOT saved.

Originally Posted by ChristianI'll stick with Jesus, my good works come from HIS HOLY SPIRIT, not from myself
    Lord: "Where were you when I needed clothes, was sick and needed looking after, was in prison and you came to visit me?"

Have YOU ever visited anyone in prison? I have. Have YOU ever looked after sick folks? I have. Have YOU ever provided shelter or clothing when it was needed? I have. Does that mean YOU are speaking of YOURSELF below?

Christian: "I knew you were a hard man, so I hid my faith in the ground so it would not steal your thunder Lord, but here is my faith" "After all Lord, you've got good works to spare, give me some of your oil for my lamp".

By that little rant I guess I am supposed to know that JESUS and HIS GOOD WORKS are not enough to save me according to you? Is THAT what you intended to say? THAT IS what it sounds like.

Don't try to put words into my mouth. YOUR words don't fit. I don't think Jesus is interested in YOUR words when you try to 'stick them into my mouth.'

Since my faith is in Jesus Christ, and since it is HIS works (not my own), he will say the former, not the latter.
    Rom 4:5-8
    5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
    7 "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
    And whose sins are covered;
    8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin."
    NKJV

No matter what, YOU don't get to judge my righteousness OR my works so you needn't concern yourself
    Last edited by Christian; 04-23-2015 at 04:13 PM.

How many Jesus Christs do you think there are?
    I don't know. But I DO know the REAL Jesus Christ told us:

Matt 24:24-25
    24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
    NKJV

Mark 13:22-23
    22 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 23 But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.
    NKJV

Isn't it INTERESTING that that 'all things' that Jesus told us DIDN'T INCLUDE any of your 'mormon specific' trash?

Are YOU following one of those false christs and false prophets?

I suspect so.

I don't know.
    Interesting. Well, we believe there's only one, and you can read about him in the Bible. That's who we believe in.

Interesting. Well, we believe there's only one, and you can read about him in the Bible. That's who we believe in.
    So you DON'T believe the REAL JESUS when He said (IN THE BIBLE):

24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
    NKJV

22 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 23 But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.
    NKJV

How can you claim to believe the REAL Jesus if you don't believe what HE SAYS?

So you DON'T believe the REAL JESUS when He said (IN THE BIBLE):
    Of course we do.

teenapenny

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post

I do not understand just what you are saying. I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and I know he will lead me
    to live the right way. It is credit to him, not me.

way posted:

IF you have faith in a jesus christ that joey smith taught (who is a 'spirit-brother' of satan), then you are NOT saved.
    Wait a minute.... Did you just make-up this new requirement for salvation or is it in the Bible somewhere?
    Book, Chapter and verse, please, which shows that believing that Jesus is the spirit brother of anyone, will keep you out of Heaven.

By that little rant I guess I am supposed to know that JESUS and HIS GOOD WORKS are not enough to save me according to you?
    No, they are not.... For instance, can Jesus's good works save an unrepentant sinner, or someone who denies the Holy Ghost?
    I suppose it could, however if Jesus did, it would make the whole gospel a lie, and He would no longer be God.
    Last edited by theway; 04-24-2015 at 02:29 PM.

alanmolstad

what kind of name is " KruAthApoloRelia"?

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Wait a minute.... Did you just make-up this new requirement for salvation or is it in the Bible somewhere?
    Book, Chapter and verse, please, which shows that believing that Jesus is the spirit brother of anyone, will keep you out of Heaven.

No, they are not.... For instance, can Jesus's good works save an unrepentant sinner, or someone who denies the Holy Ghost?
    I suppose it could, however if Jesus did, it would make the whole gospel a lie, and He would no longer be God.
    If pigs could fly. . .you can make up any kind of garbage you wish.

Jesus told us:
    NKJV

Do you REALLY BELIEVE that a false christ (you know, the spirit-brother-of-satan christ of joey smith's private invention) can save your soul?

Quote Originally Posted by teenapenny View Post
    I do not understand just what you are saying. I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and I know he will lead me
    to live the right way. It is credit to him, not me.

IF you are a mormon, following the false christ of joe smith, then you have NOT accepted the REAL Jesus Christ at all.

IF you are a mormon, following the false christ of joe smith, then you have NOT accepted the REAL Jesus Christ at all.
    Okay, tell us why you think Jesus Christ is a false christ.

teenapenny

I know that, I am not a Mormon.

Originally Posted by ChristianSo you DON'T believe the REAL JESUS when He said (IN THE BIBLE):
    Of course we do.
    Then why don't you believe what He SAID when He SAID:

NKJV

NKJV

????

Quote Originally Posted by KruAthApoloRelia View Post
    So, to recap this conversation, "Christian" chides a poster for putting words in his mouth. "Erunder" tells "Christian" that he/ Mormons believe in the Jesus of the Bible. "Christian" then questions how "Erunder" can believe when he doesn't believe what Jesus said. Yet, "Erunder" never claimed or said he doesn't believe what Jesus said.

Maybe "Christian" better remember what he writes so he doesn't end up hypocritically doing the very things he accuses others of doing.

Since erunder claims mormonism as his religion and his belief, then it is likely he worships the mormon gods, follows the mormon false prophet and false christ, the only christ they teach.

I follow only the God of the Bible and the Jesus of the Bible. The Jesus I follow is NOT the mormon 'spirit-brother-of-satan' as THEY say they believe.

Perhaps it would be better if KruAthApoloRelia thought a little more about what she posts. . .less foot-in-mouth keyboarding imho.

way posted:

I have been to the rescue mission many times but have never once seen a single mormon leader there (or any other mormon for that matter) when we fed the hungry and gave them clothing.

I have taught Bible studies at our local prison over the years. When was the last time YOU went behind the iron gates?

Is THAT the best you can do? Pretend to put words into my mouth that I would NEVER say? SURELY you could come up with SOME better insult than THAT!

When I see the Lord at judgement day I will REJOICE! JESUS is the reason for my joy, not the works I do. HE works in/on/through me daily.

YOU needn't worry. YOUR words may reflect YOUR doings, but they don't reflect me at all.

Okay, tell us why you think Jesus Christ is a false christ.

The REAL Jesus, the Jesus that the BIBLE tells about CREATED the angels and everything else (John 1:1ff

The false mormon 'christ' is the one that the mormons pretend to be the 'spirit-brother-of-satan.' Jesus CREATED the angels, INCLUDING the fallen satan. He is satan's CREATOR, not his brother.

joey smith invented a whole new religion with gods that used to be men and demons being the 'spirit brothers' of their saviors.

joey smith was simply a liar and a false prophet.

I know that, I am not a Mormon.
    I'm glad. Are you a Christian? With what group do you worship?

alanmolstad

The REAL Jesus, the Jesus that the BIBLE tells about CREATED the angels and everything else (John 1:1ff

The false mormon 'christ' is the one that the mormons pretend to be the 'spirit-brother-of-satan.' Jesus CREATED the angels, INCLUDING the fallen satan. He is satan's CREATOR, not his brother.

joey smith invented a whole new religion with gods that used to be men and demons being the 'spirit brothers' of their saviors.

joey smith was simply a liar and a false prophet.
    "joey smith was simply a liar and a false prophet".....Amen!

teenapenny

I'm glad. Are you a Christian? With what group do you worship?
    I am Christian and attend a Non Denominational Christian Church.

alanmolstad

I am Christian and attend a Non Denominational Christian Church.
    I noticed a while back that you visit the forum a lot,but never really post much....