Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHO do you have faith in?

teenapenny

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I noticed a while back that you visit the forum a lot,but never really post much....
    When I left the LDS church I started coming here, and that helped me a lot. I discovered things to research to lead my way to the true Jesus Christ. At this time I am secure in my beliefs and I am so happy that I am now a true Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Then why don't you believe what He SAID when He SAID:
    Your question ***umes a false premise.

The false mormon 'christ'
    Tell us why you think Jesus Christ is a false christ. Come on, convince me.

teenapenny

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Tell us why you think Jesus Christ is a false christ. Come on, convince me.
    He said Mormon 'christ'. not Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by teenapenny View Post
    Mormons believe in Jesus Christ.

teenapenny

Mormons believe in Jesus Christ.
    Not the one in the Bible.

Not the one in the Bible.
    Yeah, the one in the Bible. But how many Jesus Christs do you think there are?

That is a concept that seems hard for some contra-LDS to comprehend. If you asked 10 different people what they believe about Pres. Obama, none of the 10 people would believe exactly the same things about him. There would be some overlap, but the areas where they disagree could vary from "He is the savior of the USA" to "He is the most evil president we've ever had."

But these people are all talking about the same individual. There is only one Pres. Obama. The fact that people don't all believe the same things about him does not change that.

dberrie2000

Just a note here:

The name of the LDS church is--The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It bears the name of who we worship. Does your church bear that name?

When I left the LDS church I started coming here, and that helped me a lot. I discovered things to research to lead my way to the true Jesus Christ.
    I think you are mistaken.... That could not of happen from what you learned here???
    The Evangelical theories expressed here, say that "God does it all" because man is a natural enemy to God and would NEVER seek him out or follow Him. Which means, that you would have to be drawn against your will, kicking and screaming to Christ... But never "lead".
    Perhaps you picked up that "lead to Christ" thing while you were LDS. At least the Evangelicals here have not completely exercised that truth from you yet.

At this time I am secure in my beliefs and I am so happy that I am now a true Christian.
    Feeling "secure" and content are Satan's counterfeit to the Lord's "peace"; likewise, Satan would have us settle for happiness, when the Lord offers us Joy.

I also find it funny that you used the words "true Christian" and at the same time claim to be nondenominational???
    The very idea of nondenominational Churches is that there are no one "true Christians" because they will accept almost any type of Christology or belief in Christ without judgement of whether that belief it is True or not.
    Apparently you are a little confused about what you are supposed to believe, and what kind of Church you belong to.
    Last edited by theway; 04-28-2015 at 08:13 AM.

teenapenny

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    I think you are mistaken.... That could not of happen from what you learned here???
    The Evangelical theories expressed here, say that "God does it all" because man is a natural enemy to God and would NEVER seek him out or follow Him. Which means, that you would have to be drawn against your will, kicking and screaming to Christ... But never "lead".
    Perhaps you picked up that "lead to Christ" thing while you were LDS. At least the Evangelicals here have not completely exercised that truth from you yet.

Feeling "secure" and content are Satan's counterfeit to the Lord's "peace"; likewise, Satan would have us settle for happiness, when the Lord offers us Joy.

I also find it funny that you used the words "true Christian" and at the same time claim to be nondenominational???
    The very idea of nondenominational Churches is that there are no one "true Christians" because they will accept almost any type of Christology or belief in Christ without judgement of whether that belief it is True or not.
    Apparently you are a little confused about what you are supposed to believe, and what kind of Church you belong to.
    You seem to know nothing about nondenominational Churches. What I learned here was that the LDS church was not the church that worshiped the God of the Bible. It was a church run by men. The church I attend studies the Bible.

teenapenny

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Just a note here:

The name of the LDS church is--The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It bears the name of who we worship. Does your church bear that name?
    Oh, and names mean everything?

Your question ***umes a false premise.

You indicated you don't believe that false christs exist. I demonstrated that Jesus CREATED the Angels (John 1:1-3) and that satan is NOT as your false prophet claimed, a 'spirit brother' of Jesus, but is instead a CREATION BY Jesus.

I answered this one already. . .

Matt 24:24-25
    24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
    NKJV

Mark 13:22-23
    22 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 23 But take heed;
    see, I have told you all things beforehand.
    NKJV

I find it interesting that the REAL Jesus Christ never mentioned your 'spirit children,' or ANY OF THE OTHER 'mormon specific' dung at all!

Geeee, I WONDER WHY? Just because it is not from GOD?

I notice they don't use the word "Y'shua" Or "Iesous," the REAL names used in BIBLICAL DOCUMENTS, but instead they use TRANSLITERATION words.

There is nothing wrong with using "Jesus Christ," in your name (the Church of Christ, aryan nations[a white supremecist religion] does that. . .), but to be 'militant' about using a TRANSLITERATION is being just as dishonest as the Church of Christ, aryan nations is.

Welcome home!

You seem to know nothing about nondenominational Churches.
    Not true... Half my family goes to nondenominational Churches. Nondenominationals Churches are a new phenomenon that came into being only about 30 years ago, yet is now the 3rd fastest growing religious movement behind No religion and Atheism.
    Christian Nondenominationals by their very name denote the fact that they do not adhere to any specific "Christian" dogma or doctrine. This means that the adherents to such Churches are able to believe whatever they want about Christ and His gospel because they will never be challenged on those beliefs, even if they contradict other members of the Church, or even if those beliefs are different in doctrines of salvation. That's why I call Christian Nondenominationals "Christian Agnostic Churches" because they all believe in Christ, they are just not sure what it is they believe about Christ or His doctrine.
    I have always said that a belief in Christ is a good start, however doctrine will always get in the way of that belief!
    What I learned here was that the LDS church was not the church that worshiped the God of the Bible.
    Notice what you just wrote... "What I learned..." This is the typical nondenominational mindset, and why ND Churches are so popular with the modern world... It all about what "you" are willing to accept as truth, and what you are willing to do about it, yet NDs give you the permission to still call yourself a Christian with only a minimal effort.
    It was a church run by men.
    Yeah so??? All Churches are run by men, and all churches claim Christ at the head of their Church... Therefore that is useless criteria in which to determine which Church or doctrine is correct.
    The church I attend studies the Bible.
    Once again... So??? The LDS (Mormon) Church studies the Bible also... In fact multiple nonMormon studies have shown that Mormons on average know and understand more about the Bible than any other "Christian group", spend more hours studying the Bible in Church, and spend more hours studying the Bible at home than any other religious group also. Does that make the Mormon Church true in your eyes?
    Last edited by theway; 04-28-2015 at 01:50 PM.

I notice they don't use the word "Y'shua" Or "Iesous," the REAL names used in BIBLICAL DOCUMENTS, but instead they use TRANSLITERATION words.
    Funny comment... Considering you chose "Christian" as your screen name and not Y'shua???
    Last edited by theway; 04-28-2015 at 01:52 PM.

You indicated you don't believe that false christs exist.
    Where did I indicate that?

I demonstrated that Jesus CREATED the Angels (John 1:1-3) and that satan is NOT as your false prophet claimed, a 'spirit brother' of Jesus, but is instead a CREATION BY Jesus.
    No you ***erted it.

Neither one of those was the false premise your question ***umed.

I answered this one already. . .
    I wasn't asking you.

erunder posted:
    Originally Posted by ErundurYeah, the one in the Bible. But how many Jesus Christs do you think there are?
    I wasn't asking you.

Since you had already BEEN SHOWN WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT IT, were you hoping the answer would change?

Nobody knows how many there are, but we know they exist. Jesus said so:

Matt 24:24-25
    24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
    NKJV

Mark 13:22-23
    22 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 23 But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.
    NKJV

AND as has been pointed out to you before, of those ALL THINGS, Jesus seems to have 'forgotten about' all of that mormon-specific doctrinal garbage like priesthood authority, baptism for the dead, 'Christian' temples, etc etc etc.

Geeeeeeee I wonder WHY? Do you suppose that is because JESUS NEVER TAUGHT IT? Because joey smith MADE IT ALL UP?

You don't WANT to talk about THOSE THINGS, DO YOU? That is because you cannot demonstrate that ONE SHRED OF IT came from God!

Since you had already BEEN SHOWN WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT IT, were you hoping the answer would change?
    I wasn't asking God either.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Just a note here:

Acts 4:10-12---King James Version (KJV)
    10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
    11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
    12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

dberrie2000

You seem to know nothing about nondenominational Churches. What I learned here was that the LDS church was not the church that worshiped the God of the Bible. It was a church run by men.
    That's a strange statement. Jesus Christ founded His church on living, mortal apostles and prophets--who were men. The Chief Corner Stone is also:

1 Timothy 2:5---King James Version (KJV)
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Care to explain that one?

Ephesians 2:20---King James Version (KJV)
    20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

way posted:
    Not true... Half my family goes to nondenominational Churches.

So understanding their message comes to you by osmosis? By proximity?

Naah.

Nondenominationals Churches are a new phenomenon that came into being only about 30 years ago, yet is now the 3rd fastest growing religious movement behind No religion and Atheism.

Completely false statement. I am 70 years old. When I was 15, my best friend and I attended a non-denominational church every Sunday. That was long before I became a Christian, but that was also 55 years ago, not just 30. DO THE MATH!

Of course mormonism isn't 200 years old yet. REAL Christianity is about 2,000 years old, but joey smith hadn't invented HIS religion back then. . .

Christian Nondenominationals by their very name denote the fact that they do not adhere to any specific "Christian" dogma or doctrine.

Pure NONSENSE. That is like saying that your mormon seminaries do not adhere to any specific "mormon" dogma or doctrine. In other words, it is PURE NONSENSE.

Non-denoms about ALWAYS use the BIBLE as their source for 'dogma' (whatever you want to call that) and doctrine, not the writings of a lunatic like joey smith or bringum young.

This means that the adherents to such Churches are able to believe whatever they want about Christ and His gospel because they will never be challenged on those beliefs,

We CHRISTIANS are challenged about our beliefs DAILY by such as yourself; non-Christians, atheists, and followers of islam, mormonism, branch davidianism, or jw'ism. We do as the Apostle Peter told us to do in 1 Peter 3:13-17

1 Peter 3:13-17
    13 And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. "And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled." 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; 16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. 17 For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
    NKJV

even if they contradict other members of the Church, or even if those beliefs are different in doctrines of salvation.

You sound like you are off in fantasyland. Our beliefs come from GOD'S WORD, the Bible, not other members of a congregation.

AND THEN

There are the 150+ different MORMON 'gospels.' You know, those SMITHITE GROUPS that ALL disown each other because EACH one of them is supposedly the 'right' one to the exclusion of all of the rest. Each with its own "apostles" and each with its own leader, supposedly called by God? You know. . .all of THOSE different doctrines and beliefs?

T
    hat's why I call Christian Nondenominationals "Christian Agnostic Churches" because they all believe in Christ, they are just not sure what it is they believe about Christ or His doctrine.

More fantasyland nonsense! I know more MORMONS who are not sure what it is they believe about Christ or His doctrines, OR what their cultic religion actually teaches!

I have always said that a belief in Christ is a good start, however doctrine will always get in the way of that belief!

YOU may say anything you like. YOU saying it does not make it become true.

But it IS true that belief in Christ (such as mere intellectual ***ent) can become clouded by trashy mormon doctines that do not come from God at all.

Notice what you just wrote... "What I learned..." This is the typical nondenominational mindset, and why ND Churches are so popular with the modern world... It all about what "you" are willing to accept as truth, and what you are willing to do about it, yet NDs give you the permission to still call yourself a Christian with only a minimal effort.

And just how much of THIS post is written by YOU with YOU saying "I" this and "I" that. . .?

Pot, Kettle.

Yeah so??? All Churches are run by men, and all churches claim Christ at the head of their Church... Therefore that is useless criteria in which to determine which Church or doctrine is correct.

HOWEVER CHRIST'S CHURCH is guided by the HOLY SPIRIT LIVING WITHIN EACH OF HIS MEN. Your mormon religion is led by nothing but mere men, it' IS true.

Once again... So??? The LDS (Mormon) Church studies the Bible also...

In exactly the same way as the roman catholics do. . .with their own private 'spins' on the text, in truth only giving 'lip service' to the Bible and paying more attention to the trash written by joe smith. The catholics pay more attention to the junk written by their magistearium.

In fact multiple nonMormon studies have shown that Mormons on average know and understand more about the Bible than any other "Christian group", spend more hours studying the Bible in Church, and spend more hours studying the Bible at home than any other religious group also. Does that make the Mormon Church true in your eyes?

You have been drinking too much of that mormon kool-aid propaganda. You cannot show me EVEN ONE valid non-mormon study that shows any such thing.

How would they 'measure' it? WHICH CHRISTIAN GROUPS would they query? Nobody has queried MY congregation about such stuff.

Naah, you just made that up out of thin air, most likely. Just like joey smith made up his bom, and other junk like the 'book of abraham' (a cheap fraud supposedly taken from a common funeral document).

You have nothing to offer from reality.

Your religion is clearly based on fantasy and lies.