Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which mormon religion is the 'right' one?

Default Which mormon religion is the 'right' one?

The rlds? They were started by joseph smith jr, continued on by his son after he said God told him his son would be the next president, after all.

brigham young? He was the apostate who was so popular he led his apostate bunch to utah. Now that troup has 'prophets' that haven't been able to spout EVEN ONE PROPHESY for about a hundred years or so, yet they still call their leaders "prophets."

OR is it one of the rest of the 150+ OTHER smith-church-break-offs, each with their own 'prophets and 'apostles'?

Why should we believe ANY of them come from God at all?

Personally I don't see even one reason to believe their junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    The rlds? They were started by joseph smith jr, continued on by his son after he said God told him his son would be the next president, after all.
    Ahhhh.... Wrong as usual.
    The RLDS (which doesn't even exist anymore) was not started by Joseph Smith III, in fact, he refused several times to lead that Church. The RLDS was started by men who had already been excommunicated from the COJCOLDS (Mormon Church). Which means they had zero direct ties to the True Church and hence became just another apostate Protestant Church.

The irony is that their very name (REORGANIZED LDS) proclaims that they were not the Church Jospeh Smith II started, but that it had to be restructured.

brigham young? He was the apostate who was so popular he led his apostate bunch to utah. Now that troup has 'prophets' that haven't been able to spout EVEN ONE PROPHESY for about a hundred years or so, yet they still call their leaders "prophets."

OR is it one of the rest of the 150+ OTHER smith-church-break-offs, each with their own 'prophets and 'apostles'?
    I don't know how many times I have corrected you on this one as well. Simply repeating a lie will not make it true.

Why should we believe ANY of them come from God at all?
    Just one reason... Only when God tells you that this is the Church that is His.

If God told you that the Mormon Church was His Church on earth, wouldn't you join it?

Personally I don't see even one reason to believe their junk.
    Niether do I... That's why it needs to be taken to the Lord.

Default did God forget?

The Lord has already SPOKEN on the subject

Matt 24:24-25
    24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
    NKJV

Mark 13:22-23
    22 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 23 But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.
    NKJV

Funny thing. . .He NEVER ONCE MENTIONED
    an aaronic priesthood in the CHRISTIAN church.
    any Melchizedek priests EXCEPT HIMSELF in the CHRISTIAN church.
    any 'priesthood authority' other than HIMSELF in the CHRISTIAN church.
    no marriage forever in the CHRISTIAN church.
    no families forever in the CHRISTIAN church.
    no 'you can be exalted to godhood' in the CHRISTIAN church.
    no three heavens you might go to in the CHRISTIAN church.

He must have FORGOTTEN 'all' of those things, huh?

But then, joey smith just MADE THOSE THINGS UP, didn't he?
    Last edited by Christian; 04-27-2015 at 04:19 PM.

way made claims:

I don't know how many times I have corrected you on this one as well. Simply repeating a lie will not make it true.

You have made CLAIMS, but have not had ANY substantiation from GOD IN ANY WAY AT ALL. YOUR claims are about as worthless as horse-apples imho.

[quote- Originally Posted by Christian Why should we believe ANY of them come from God at all?
    [/quote]

If God told you that the Mormon Church was His Church on earth, wouldn't you join it?

I DID that. God SHOWED ME IN HIS OWN WORD, the BIBLE that joey smith' church WAS NOT HIS, but belonged to someone else (satan?)

Originally Posted by ChristianPersonally I don't see even one reason to believe their junk.

I'm happy to see you ADMIT THAT. I did that, HE SAID A SOLID NO. YOUR god lied to you. The God of the Bible does not lie, so mine did not.

alanmolstad

Good answer there Christian

P

I did that, HE SAID A SOLID NO.
    I am curious now....
    How did this revelation come about?

Was it an audible voice?
    Was it a visual physical presence?
    Was it a visual spiritual presence, like an Angel of Light?
    Was it a feeling you had?
    Was it a burning in the bosom?

Did you even bother to test the spirit?
    If so, what test did you use?
    And do you feel qualified to grade God's answer?

In any case you did not answer my question.... I asked if God told you to join the Mormon Church, would you do it?
    It's a simple yes or no answer.

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Ahhhh.... Wrong as usual.
    The RLDS (which doesn't even exist anymore) was not started by Joseph Smith III, in fact, he refused several times to lead that Church. The RLDS was started by men who had already been excommunicated from the COJCOLDS (Mormon Church). Which means they had zero direct ties to the True Church and hence became just another apostate Protestant Church.

The irony is that their very name (REORGANIZED LDS) proclaims that they were not the Church Jospeh Smith II started, but that it had to be restructured.

The RLDS don't exist? What do you think the Community of Christ is, a Buddhist outfit?
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Quote Originally Posted by Apologette View Post
    The RLDS don't exist? What do you think the Community of Christ is, a Buddhist outfit?
    I thought that was self explanatory, the RLDS ceased to exist when it fractured into many different groups with differing doctrines in the 1980s, with one of those groups taking on the name of the Community of Christ.

way posted:

PI am curious now....
    How did this revelation come about?

Was it an audible voice?
    Was it a visual physical presence?
    Was it a visual spiritual presence, like an Angel of Light?
    Was it a feeling you had?
    Was it a burning in the bosom?

Nope, it was the Holy Spirit guiding my mind to SCRIPTURES I had studied on my own over the years that CONTRADICTED smith's writings. I applied the same test to the d&c and the pgp as well, btw, with NO allegiance to ANYTHING or ANY BODY other than to GOD HIMSELF. If He had wanted me to become a buddhist, I was ready to do so.

Did you even bother to test the spirit?
    If so, what test did you use?
    And do you feel qualified to grade God's answer?

I didn't HAVE to 'grade God's answer. HIS answer is ALWAYS TRUTH.. Yet HE gave a DIFFERENT ANSWER THAN YOUR god did.
    I tested the Spirit by READING each p***age He brought to my mind to learn of its CONTEXT and WHAT IT WAS TALKING ABOUT in God's Word, the BIBLE.

In any case you did not answer my question.... I asked if God told you to join the Mormon Church, would you do it?
    It's a simple yes or no answer.

Yes, I did. I would have done so IF GOD HADN'T SHOWN IT TO BE FALSE.

I would have become a MUSLIM IF GOD HAD TOLD ME TO.

Of course, the God of the Bible would NEVER tell me to join a muslim, mormon, branch davidian, or any other cult.

I thought that was self explanatory, the RLDS ceased to exist when it fractured into many different groups with differing doctrines in the 1980s, with one of those groups taking on the name of the Community of Christ.
    So BRIGHAM YOUNG'S GROUP, YOUR group ceased to exist when it fractured into many different groups in the 1800's and early 1900's when such groups as the fundamentalists apostasized from you?

Or will you ADMIT TO YOUR OWN CONTRADICTORY DOUBLE STANDARD?

So BRIGHAM YOUNG'S GROUP, YOUR group ceased to exist when it fractured into many different groups in the 1800's and early 1900's when such groups as the fundamentalists apostasized from you?

Or will you ADMIT TO YOUR OWN CONTRADICTORY DOUBLE STANDARD?
    Once again you are wrong...
    The COJCOLDS never did fracture, it remained the same, with the same structure and leadership as the day it was set up.

Once again you are wrong...
    The COJCOLDS never did fracture, it remained the same, with the same structure and leadership as the day it was set up.
    So when the cucolds divide into different groups, there is no fracture, but when CHRIST'S church has folks, it must 'fracture?'

HOW STUPID IS THAT (as Jay Leno would say!!!!!!!

So when the cucolds divide into different groups, there is no fracture, but when CHRIST'S church has folks, it must 'fracture?'

HOW STUPID IS THAT (as Jay Leno would say!!!!!!!
    You seem to have some problem with your comprehension skills... The COJCOLDS never fractured or divided. There were only people who no longer wanted to be part of the COJCOLDS, who then left to form their own church... Like the RLDS. The RLDS fractured because the RLDS ended and ceased to exist. The COJCOLDS has not lost leadership nor ceased to exist.

You seem to have some problem with your comprehension skills... The COJCOLDS never fractured or divided. There were only people who no longer wanted to be part of the COJCOLDS, who then left to form their own church... Like the RLDS. The RLDS fractured because the RLDS ended and ceased to exist. The COJCOLDS has not lost leadership nor ceased to exist.
    According to GOD, Christ's church never fractured either. The Apostle John had it right when he said:

1 John 2:18-1918 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
    NKJV

When Groups of folks leave CHRISTIANITY (as the romans left CHRISTIANITY), nothing in CHRISTIANITY is 'fractured' at all. When some folks leave those apostate groups and find their way back into CHRIST'S sheepfold, the sheepfold is still being cared for by the GOOD SHEPHERD, Jesus Christ, just as it was before the apostate group left..

But Jesus was VERY CLEAR about some things. Jesus told us:

Matt 24:24-25
    24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
    NKJV
    Matt 7:21-23
    21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' 23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
    NKJV

According to GOD, Christ's church never fractured either.
    God didn't say that.

When Groups of folks leave CHRISTIANITY
    Like when Luther et al. left Christianity to invent Protestantism?

teenapenny

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    God didn't say that.

Says who? Are you stating that Protestantism is not Christian?

erunder posted:

Originally Posted by ChristianAccording to GOD, Christ's church never fractured either.
    God didn't say that.

God DID say:

1 John 2:18-1918 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
    NKJV

Please SHOW US THE FRACTURE when apostates left CHRIST'S church. Of course you cannot; it isn't there.

When Luther left the ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGION, the rcc was already apostate and had LEFT CHRISTIANITY.

You are confuse. Luther went back to BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY. It was JOEY SMITH who invented the new religion.

Please get your facts straight. Joey smith's religion was not around in the 1,500's Or in the original church, the one JESUS CHRIST BUILT. It was joey smith who invented a new religion.

As Jay Leno would say about your claim, "HOW STUPID IS THAT?"

BTW the RCC invented the word 'protestantism' to have a dumping place in which to categorize ALL NON CATHOLICS including mormons, mooneys, and branch davidians as well as GENUINE CHRISTIANS.

You really should get your terms straight too.

Quote Originally Posted by teenapenny View Post
    Says who? Are you stating that Protestantism is not Christian?
    the rcc slang term includes mormonism and other NON Christian cults, so he is PARTLY correct in that respect.

God DID say:
    But he didn't say what you claimed.

Please SHOW US THE FRACTURE when apostates left CHRIST'S church.
    The Protestant reformation, for one.

When Luther left the ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGION, the rcc was already apostate and had LEFT CHRISTIANITY.
    So are you telling us that Christ's church had fractured?

dberrie2000

Funny thing. . .He NEVER ONCE MENTIONED
    an aaronic priesthood[B][COLOR=#008000] in the CHRISTIAN church.
    Christ never mentioned any "priesthood" term in His NT ministry. Does that mean this is a false priesthood?

1 Peter 2:5-9---King James Version (KJV)
    5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
    6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
    7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
    8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
    9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Originally Posted by Christian

Funny thing. . .He NEVER ONCE MENTIONED an aaronic priesthood in the CHRISTIAN church.
    Christ never mentioned any "priesthood" term in His NT ministry. Does that mean this is a false priesthood?

1 Peter 2:5-9---King James Version (KJV)
    5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
    6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
    7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
    8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
    9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
    PETER, HIS APOSTLE tells us about THE ROYAL PRIESTHOOD that EVERY CHRISTIAN EVERYWHERE holds. BUT HE NEVER ONCE MENTIONED EVEN ONE AARONIC PRIEST IN CHRIST'S CHURCH.

Are you calling the Apostle Peter a LIAR?

The TRUTH is that the AARONIC PRIESTHOOD was NEVER PART OF CHRIST's church at all. Indeed most of those in it would not have qualified (wrong lineages).

Besides, CHRIST'S church didn't need it. . .JESUS was the ONLY sacrifice to be made, and HE MADE IT. No lambs, goats, rams, or turtledoves, no wave offerings, heave offerings or other offerings that the Aaronic priests had to make. . .JUST JESUS, and JESUS ALONE!

Your cult's imaginary made-up 'priesthoods' and 'priesthood authority' etc are nothing more or less than INVENTIONS by joey smith.
    Last edited by Christian; 07-19-2015 at 05:06 PM.

erunder posted:

Originally Posted by ChristianGod DID say:
    But he didn't say what you claimed.

What I claimed was:
    NKJV

What do you think I DID say that was 'different?'

Please SHOW US THE FRACTURE when apostates left CHRIST'S church.
    The Protestant reformation, for one.

So when people leave a false religion (such as your own) then all of CHRISTIANITY is 'fractured?'
    NOT according to the p***age above!

So are you telling us that Christ's church had fractured?

Are you 'reading challenged?' No, I am pointing out that that some 'followers of' Christianity (the catholic religion) had left it.

John told us in the p***age above what it demonstrated. THOSE particular folks wee neer 'of us.'

When all those 150+ groups left joe smith's religion, was YOUR religion 'fractured?' Or were they just people who no longer believed what joe taught and left? Like bringum young did.

Quote Originally Posted by childofgod View Post
    According to Martin Luther, Christianity didn't exist anymore, not just fractured, due to the false additions to the gospel the Roman Catholic Church made such as the trinity.

According to joey smith, little men live on the moon, dressed like quakers.

So what?

Please CITE US ONE PLACE where Martin Luther said any such thing. BETCHA CAN'T.

Of course if he ever had, he would be just as wrong as joey smith was.

I think the truth is that according to YOU, joey smith said that. Why should we believe you?

L

So what?

Please CITE US ONE PLACE where Martin Luther said any such thing. BETCHA CAN'T.

Of course if he ever had, he would be just as wrong as joey smith was.
    Have you ever stated anything on this forum which has been correct?
    Please show evidence where Joseph Smith ever said that there were little men living on the moon???

Hint: the fourth-hand erroneous quote to which you are referring said the men on the moon were 6 foot high, not "little men".... What's ironic is that you can't even tell your lie truthfully.