Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Which mormon religion is the 'right' one?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by childofgod View Post
    So now Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob sinned when they had multiple wives? Glad you admit you think they were sinners. God gave David 4 married women so I guess you think God sinned too. Again, where do the scriptures say marrying a 14 year old is a sin? Still waiting. It seems like you do not believe God is the same yesterday, today and forever, but rather the same every once in a while.
    Pointing to the sins of others is not a defense

alanmolstad

Listing all the names of people who are guilty of sin does not make the stain of your own sin fade away.

You don't convince God that you can't be held guilty by pointing to others who sined first.
    Adam tried that ....it did not work

Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as prophets were overseers, and each had more than one wife. I guess they were bad overseers too. My relationship with Jesus Christ is very strong which is why it is easy for me not to doubt His choices as to who He chooses to lead His church. And again, where does any scripture say marrying a 14 year old is a sin? Do you guys completely ignore Jewish history and its laws about who can marry and when?
    The church today is not Israel, we are not under the same covenant. The Old Testament was given for us but it is not all to us. Does the church offer the blood of animals for a sacrifice today? Does the church observe all the Holy Days commanded to the Jews, do we have cities of refuge, etc, etc. What ever Israel did under the command of God we cannot question but when a man chooses his own desire over the plan of God he cannot be trusted, especially if he claims to have a new revelation.

teenapenny

You keep repeating yourself but you haven't understood one thing that has been said. ABRAHAM AND THE OTHER PROPHETS DID NOT SIN WHEN THEY PRACTICED POLYGAMY. You are pointless to talk with because you cannot understand what others say, that or you purposely choose to twist what others say.
    Say who? I do not think you know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Pointing to the sins of others is not a defense
    calling what the virgin mary's husband did (marry her when she was a teen-ager) a sin, does not make it a sin.

alanmolstad

Abraham did many things that were clearly wrong and sinfull.
    So attempting to hide Smith's sins behind the sins of another is error

List all the sins that the Bible says were committed by Joseph the Nazarene Carpenter.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    List all the sins that the Bible says were committed by Joseph the Nazarene Carpenter.
    Well for example, he married that one 14 year old child...no wait......, the bible does not teach he did marry a 14 year old girl, so...

How about when he committed adultery when was married to one girl and then turned around and married another girl?....no wait, the Bible does not teach that he did that....um...so I guess I don't really know from the text what sins he committed common to men.

Thus we cant use the life of Saint Joseph to defend the perversions of the Mormon founder Joe Smith

Well for example, he married that one 14 year old child...no wait......, the bible does not teach he did marry a 14 year old girl, so...
    www.womenintheancientworld.com/wom...
    Women In The Ancient World
    . Girls typically married at age 12 or 13, immediately after ****rty, so one .

discover-the-truth.com/.../bible-child-marriage-in-ancient-israelite-times-...Sep 14, 2013 -
    In Biblical times people were married at a very young age. ... ... girls were recommend to be married at the age of 12

WOMEN AND THE LAW IN ANCIENT ISRAEL
    The Halakhah and the Talmud were very clear: a woman could have only one husband but a man could have as many wives as he wished and as he had the ability to support.

http://www.truthortradition.com/arti...ide-and-mother
    ... In ancient Israel, girls married in their teens, even early teens.

alanmolstad

The Bible doesn't but history does. Do you read any books other than the Bible? Its the word of God with the Book of Mormon but there are things it doesn't talk about at all. Yes, Mary was 14.
    Outstanding claims need outstanding proof....you have none..

Not a single verse?
    Nothing.....

Not even 1/2 a verse you might twist into teaching what you wanted?
    Nothing...

FAIL!

alanmolstad

Are you going to keep ignoring the fact that the Bible doesn't tell us .......
    Im pointing out that the Bible does not tell us what you clearly would have wanted it to say!.....

A person cant take a lack of Bible verses in the Bible as a means to support something that is not found in the Bible!

An example is?...An example is that there is no place in the Bible that teaches that Jesus drove a FORD TRUCK.
    So you cant in the next moment turn around and say, "Show me in the Bible where is clearly says "Jesus did not drive a Ford Truck????"!

Here is the personal rule I use when dealing with the more crazy issues that different religions and Cults come out with-

- Outstanding claims need outstanding proof -

Another example, I dont believe anywhere in the Bible it says that Jesus was married. However the Bible does tell us about the age of Jesus at several points of his life.
    Now at times Jesus is old enough that many men his age were always married.

But so what???
    Because the Bible never says "Jesus was married" we cant turn around and say he was married based on a LACK of supporting Bible verses!!!!

We cant say, "Show me where it says clearly, "Jesus was never married" as a way to support the idea he was married.

It does not matter SQUAT what some university teacher might say "other people" were doing at that time!

Let me say that again-
    On matters of religious Christian doctrine it does not matter SQUAT what some university professor might think was common for "other people" at the time as a means to sneak into doctrine ideas not supported clearly from the text!

Here is another personal rule I use when dealing with crazy teachings out of some religions-

- Unless its found in the Bible, you cant use it as doctrine -

I will give you another example where people try to use a LACK of supporting Bible verses as support for their claims:

Here is a question I run into all the time:
    "In the story of Genesis, where does Cain get his wife?"
    Now the real answer from the Bible to this question is- "The Bible does not tell us"

That is the only answer that you can support from the text!
    No other answer is able to stand up to criticism.
    All the other answers men have dreamed up to answer this question are a big pile of FAIL because they simply will NEVER be something you can trust because there simply is nothing you can proof with the Text!!!!!!

But some people just dont care.
    When talking about the subject of Cain's wife they use the lack of a Bible verse as proof of their ideas.
    They say, "Well if he did not marry a sister who did he marry?"

So they have turned the question around and tried to make it look like the answer they have is "his sister" is the only answer supported by the text....and challenged us to find a verse that proves their answer wrong!!!
    In other words, they dreamed-up their answer and now act as if its the only correct answer...

But the truth is that their answer is just as invented as all the other answers people have come up with for this question about Cain's wife...
    all are just "ideas"....dreamed up ideas that some men bend the knee to.

Some people think that if they can get enough names on a list of people that all think the same that this must count?..........

Once again that is -
    EPIC FAIL!

My final comment and conclusions:

We don't know where Cain got his wife from.
    We can't teach that Jesus was ever married.
    We can't teach we know the age of Mary at any point of her story.

Thus.....
    Any Mormon today that hopes to put a better "look" to the many perversions of their founder Joe Smith, can not try to use the life of the mother of Jesus in their misguided effort!

Here is another personal rule I use when I think about all that I teach-

- The good Christian Bible students cant teach as doctrine ideas that are not found in the Bible -!
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 06-20-2015 at 07:32 AM.

alanmolstad

Im pointing out that the Bible does not tell us what you clearly would have wanted it to say!.....

A person cant take a lack of Bible verses in the Bible as a means to support something that is not found in the Bible!

An example is?...An example is that there is no place in the Bible that teaches that Jesus drove a FORD TRUCK.
    So you cant in the next moment turn around and say, "Show me in the Bible where is clearly says "Jesus did not drive a Ford Truck????"!

Here is the personal rule I use when dealing with the more crazy issues that different religions and Cults come out with-

- Outstanding claims need outstanding proof -

Another example, I dont believe anywhere in the Bible it says that Jesus was married. However the Bible does tell us about the age of Jesus at several points of his life.
    Now at times Jesus is old enough that many men his age were always married.

But so what???
    Because the Bible never says "Jesus was married" we cant turn around and say he was married based on a LACK of supporting Bible verses!!!!

We cant say, "Show me where it says clearly, "Jesus was never married" as a way to support the idea he was married.

It does not matter SQUAT what some university teacher might say "other people" were doing at that time!

Let me say that again-
    On matters of religious Christian doctrine it does not matter SQUAT what some university professor might think was common for "other people" at the time as a means to sneak into doctrine ideas not supported clearly from the text!

Here is another personal rule I use when dealing with crazy teachings out of some religions-

- Unless its found in the Bible, you cant use it as doctrine -

I will give you another example where people try to use a LACK of supporting Bible verses as support for their claims:

Here is a question I run into all the time:
    "In the story of Genesis, where does Cain get his wife?"
    Now the real answer from the Bible to this question is- "The Bible does not tell us"

That is the only answer that you can support from the text!
    No other answer is able to stand up to criticism.
    All the other answers men have dreamed up to answer this question are a big pile of FAIL because they simply will NEVER be something you can trust because there simply is nothing you can proof with the Text!!!!!!

But some people just dont care.
    When talking about the subject of Cain's wife they use the lack of a Bible verse as proof of their ideas.
    They say, "Well if he did not marry a sister who did he marry?"

So they have turned the question around and tried to make it look like the answer they have is "his sister" is the only answer supported by the text....and challenged us to find a verse that proves their answer wrong!!!
    In other words, they dreamed-up their answer and now act as if its the only correct answer...

But the truth is that their answer is just as invented as all the other answers people have come up with for this question about Cain's wife...
    all are just "ideas"....dreamed up ideas that some men bend the knee to.

Some people think that if they can get enough names on a list of people that all think the same that this must count?..........

Once again that is -
    EPIC FAIL!

My final comment and conclusions:

We don't know where Cain got his wife from.
    We can't teach that Jesus was ever married.
    We can't teach we know the age of Mary at any point of her story.

Thus.....
    Any Mormon today that hopes to put a better "look" to the many perversions of their founder Joe Smith, can not try to use the life of the mother of Jesus in their misguided effort!

Here is another personal rule I use when I think about all that I teach-

- The good Christian Bible students cant teach as doctrine ideas that are not found in the Bible -!

Another one of the best comments I have yet posted on this forum!...

I truly did work a long time on what I say here and how I say it.
    I tried to dig into the heart of my thoughts on this topic as well as I looked for other issues that also are connected to this same issue.

Im very happy with the way it all turned out and I think I may copy/past it to a topic I have going where I want to bring together in one place many of the comments I have posted that I believe are some of my best.

Erunder posted:

Originally Posted by ChristianAccording to GOD, Christ's church never fractured either.
    God didn't say that.

Yes He did:

1 John 2:18-1918 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us. NKJV

So people who leave CHRIST'S church were never really PART of it (never had FAITH in Jesus Christ) in reality.

And CHRIST'S CHURCH remains intact, not losing ANYTHING.

When Groups of folks leave CHRISTIANITY
    Like when Luther et al. left Christianity to invent Protestantism?

Luther et al NEVER LEFT Christianity. They left a corrupt, apostate organization that had long NOT BEEN Christian.

And the imaginary 'protestant church' is an invention of the rcc, not of CHRIST'S CHURCH. It is an imaginary 'dumping ground' on which they unload EVERY NON CATHOLIC RELIGION (including mormonism, branch davidianism, unitarianism, jwism, etc etc etc) group into. It simply means 'non-catholic.'

Luther left the corrupt NON-Christian organization to find Jesus Christ.

Joe smith invented HIS OWN NEW RELIGION.

Sorry, but your religion never existed before joey smith invented it. You cannot find it anywhere in historical reality.

child posted:

You just contradicted yourself. The church of Jesus Christ existed and then when it became corrupt, it became what we refer to as the Roman Catholic Church.

Apparently reading with understanding is NOT your strong-point. I said the church of Jesus Christ existed, and when the romans (a tiny PART of it) became corrupted, the corrupted ones were not part of the original.

Like the Apostle John wrote:

1 John 2:19
    19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
    NKJV

Those who corrupted the rcc (a SMALL PART OF Christianity) were NOT part of CHRIST'S church when they corrupted the rcc. Those who left the CORRUPT RCC were attempting to return to TRUE CHRISTIANITY.

The mormon cult, invented in the 1830's by joey smith, didn't even exist back then. The mormon cult has NEVER BEEN part of CHRIST'S church.

Martin Luther said Christianity was no longer on the earth which means Jesus Christ's church didn't exist anymore by Martin's own admission.

I notice you never CITED Luther, but simply made a parroted UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIM.

If the tree has gone bad then the fruits of the same tree are also bad. The tree of the fruit called Protestantism is the Roman Catholic Church.

The rcc is indeed bad. Protestantism is something INVENTED BY the rcc, is NOT the rcc itself. Your ignorance on the subject is underwhelming.

Joseph Smith invented nothing, he restored the church of Jesus Christ as it was originally set up with doctrines from God, not men. It is in the New Testament.

IF THAT WERE TRUE (and it isn't) THEN the mormon-specific doctrines would all be IN the New Testament.

YOU CANNOT SHOW THEM TO BE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT AT ALL.

NOT ONE SINGLE MAN 'exalted' to godhood
    NOT ONE SINGLE REAL GOD other than the ONE GOD OF THE BIBLE.
    NOT ONE SINGLE INSTANCE of a 'prophet' or 'seer' or 'president' EVER OVER ALL OF CHRIST'S CHURCH.
    NOT ONE SINGLE CHRISTIAN ever being baptized for the dead.
    NOT ONE SINGLE CHRISTIAN being a member of the Aaronic Priesthood GOD established
    NOT ONE SINGLE STATEMENT that 'apostles' must be mortally with CHRIST'S CHURCH in every generation.
    NOT ONE SINGLE THING about the mormon religion at all.

BUT

Warnings AGAINST false prophets, false christs, and false gospels such as yours.

Joseph Smith INVENTED HIS OWN NEW RELIGION
    . He RESTORED nothing.

IF you think joey 'restored' Christ's church, PLEASE SHOW US the mormon-specific doctrines defined in the BIBLE.

Personally, I don't believe you can.

cog posted:
    Originally Posted by Christian

child posted:

You just contradicted yourself. The church of Jesus Christ existed and then when it became corrupt, it became what we refer to as the Roman Catholic Church.

Apparently reading with understanding is NOT your strong-point. I said the church of Jesus Christ existed, and when the romans (a tiny PART of it) became corrupted, the corrupted ones were not part of the original.

Like the Apostle John wrote:

1 John 2:19
    19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
    NKJV

Those who corrupted the rcc (a SMALL PART OF Christianity) were NOT part of CHRIST'S church when they corrupted the rcc. Those who left the CORRUPT RCC were attempting to return to TRUE CHRISTIANITY.

The mormon cult, invented in the 1830's by joey smith, didn't even exist back then. The mormon cult has NEVER BEEN part of CHRIST'S church.

Martin Luther said Christianity was no longer on the earth which means Jesus Christ's church didn't exist anymore by Martin's own admission.

I notice you never CITED Luther, but simply made a parroted UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIM.

If the tree has gone bad then the fruits of the same tree are also bad. The tree of the fruit called Protestantism is the Roman Catholic Church.

The rcc is indeed bad. Protestantism is something INVENTED BY the rcc, is NOT the rcc itself. Your ignorance on the subject is underwhelming.

Joseph Smith invented nothing, he restored the church of Jesus Christ as it was originally set up with doctrines from God, not men. It is in the New Testament.

IF THAT WERE TRUE (and it isn't) THEN the mormon-specific doctrines would all be IN the New Testament.

YOU CANNOT SHOW THEM TO BE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT AT ALL.

NOT ONE SINGLE INSTANCE of a 'prophet' or 'seer' or 'president' EVER OVER ALL OF CHRIST'S CHURCH.
    NOT ONE SINGLE CHRISTIAN being a member of the Aaronic Priesthood GOD established
    NOT ONE SINGLE STATEMENT that 'apostles' must be mortally with CHRIST'S CHURCH in every generation.

BUT

Warnings AGAINST false prophets, false christs, and false gospels such as yours.

Joseph Smith INVENTED HIS OWN NEW RELIGION
    . He RESTORED nothing.

IF you think joey 'restored' Christ's church, PLEASE SHOW US the mormon-specific doctrines defined in the BIBLE.

Personally, I don't believe you can.

Actually I have given the source for Martin Luther saying that before. Unlike you, I can back up what I say.

And yet you CANNOT CITE Martin Luther ever saying any such thing. Merely FALSELY CLAIMING you can back up what you say, IS NOT A CITATION.

Okay, we can see you cannot CITE any such thing.

I've read the scriptures my entire life, that's how I learned how to read.

I started STUDYING (not just cursory 'reading') the Bible about 50 years ago. How long has your cursory reading been? 10 years?

Yet you STILL CANNOT FIND ANYWHERE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH ANY Of the mormon-specific doctrines. Joey smith made them all up.

STILL STANDING PROOF:

BUT

I am a member of Jesus Christ's church. The gospel, which was lost, has been restored.

You are a member of a FALSE christ's religion that joey smith INVENTED, with a FALSE GOSPEL and FALSE GODS which joey smith INVENTED.

The REAL Gospel was never lost. It can be found beginning in 1 Corinthians 15:1. There have been copies of that gospel extant for about 2,000 years now.

Joey smith's INVENTED religon has only been around less than 200 years. HIS religion (whichever of the 150+ smith religions that CLAIM to be HIS religion)(YOU STILL HAVE GIVEN US NO REASON TO BELIEVE HIS RELIGION IS NOT THE FLDS OR RLDS VERSIONS). Those who follow smith will be led by him to Hell.

Why don't you ask God instead of relying on your fellow critics. I've already shown the doctrines that have been restored and even gave references, you ignore them every time. That's called denial.

I pointed out that I DID ask God (I never have relied on any 'fellow critics,' though I guess they DO agree with what I know SCRIPTURALLY), and GOD SAID NO, SMITH WAS A LIAR, NOT OF GOD AT ALL. I have told you that.

And NEVER ONCE have you EVER SHOWN ONE SCRIPTURE that supports smith's junk. . .

IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE you can justify smith's INVENTIONS, then SHOW US THE SCRIPTURES THAT SUPPORT THE ABOVE FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT AS YOU CLAIM YOU DID.

If you CANNOT, we will know, because you will once again offer EXCUSES instead.

Default TYPICAL cult ploy.

child posted:

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
    27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

In these verses we have God (the Father) telling someone else, Jehovah (Jesus), that we are made in their image. Plurality of gods in that the speaker is referred to as God and says we are made in THEIR image which means the other being spoken to is a God also.

SHOW US where it says they are MULTIPLE GODS saying that, and NOT God and some of His angels. . .

I guess you think GOD LIED when He told us through Isaiah:

Isa 43:9-10
    Or let them hear and say, "It is truth."
    10 "You are My witnesses," says the Lord,
    "And My servant whom I have chosen,
    That you may know and believe Me,
    And understand that I am He.
    Before Me there was no God formed,
    Nor shall there be after Me.

NKJV

and

NKJV

and

Isa 44:8
    8 Do not fear, nor be afraid;
    Have I not told you from that time, and declared it?
    You are My witnesses.
    Is there a God besides Me?
    Indeed there is no other Rock;
    I know not one.'"
    NKJV

TYPICAL CULT PLOYS. . .try to redefine a scripture, IGNORING THE REST OF THE BIBLE, in an effort to discredit the BIBLE ITSELF.

Sorry, but it didn't work.

I can go on and on with evidences. You're right, I can't give one, I can give MANY to show support for our beliefs. The most important thing, however, is asking God if the Book of Mormon is true. The reality is you NEVER DID. You would claim that the "wrong God" or the devil would tell us its true. Only the devil would lead someone to believe the Book of Mormon is false because it testifies of Christ, something Satan won't do. He will never persuade people to follow Jesus Christ. You never asked God if the book is true so again, ask God, with an open heart instead of your close minded critical heart, if its true.

Does God love us enough to restore His church to the earth or not?
    My answer is yes, he does love us enough to fix things as many times as humans mess them up, as long as there are enough humble people to make it worth the effort. He proved that after the garden of Eden, and the flood, and with Israel. And with the state that Catholicism fell into at the time of the reformation. Surely he is willing and able fix things again, when Protestantism fell into a bad state of affairs.

child posted:

Ignore? You mean like ignoring the quote by Martin Luther, the citation you asked for? The one I provided?

You mean the one YOU HAVE NEVER CITED. I guess you don't KNOW what 'cite' means. . .it does NOT mean that you just 'CLAIM' you gave a citation when you have never done so.

You're the only one who ignores anything.

Yah, SURE. . .you think YOU are the only one paying attention. . .Ya SURE!

You gave scripture references that you don't understand the contexts of.

I gave a list of scriptures that CONTRADICT what your religion teaches. THE SCRIPTURES SAY SO. The CONTEXT IS CLEAR. ONLY ONE REAL GOD EXISTS ANYWHERE, contrary to your cult's claims that there are MANY real gods over MANY worlds and despite your religion's claim that YOU COULD POSSIBLY BECOME A GOD JUST LIKE THE REAL GOD(just like satan in the Garden told Eve) .

I gave a LIST of references WITH an explanation of their meanings.

NKJV

and

NKJV

and

Isa 44:8
    8 Do not fear, nor be afraid;
    Have I not told you from that time, and declared it?
    You are My witnesses.
    Is there a God besides Me?
    Indeed there is no other Rock;
    I know not one.'"
    NKJV

EXCEPT for the fact that I THEN WENT THROUGH EACH of your 'references' and showed that they did NOT SAY WHAT YOU CLAIMED AT ALL.

So now I accuse God of lying by answering your question about providing evidence?

No, I merely pointed out that your religion CONTRADICTS the God of the Bible in WHAT HE SAID, listed above. You IGNORED the Whole of the Bible.

Wow. Again, you're in denial.

UNTIL you can provide CITATIONS for your claims about Luther, and UNTIL you can demonstrate that GOD DID NOT SAY HE IS THE ONLY GOD ANYWHERE AS I LISTED ABOVE, I DO deny that joey smith's NEW MANMADE RELIGION IS FROM GOD.

I have pointed out that the verses you gave did NOT SAY what you claimed, DID NOT APPLY to the conversation at hand, and/or were taken OUT OF CONTEXT FROM WHAT THE WRITERS WERE WRITING ABOUT.

Merely 'throwing out scriptures' that don't support your case, then giving irrational, UNBIBLICAL 'explanations,' YOU MIGHT TRY DEALING WITH WHAT THE BIBLE DOES SAY.

In the meantime, why don't you address the OP? Can't come up with a GODLY answer?

STILL NO REASON to pick the utah mormon splinter group out of the other splinter groups to believe it is 'the church joe smith built...' I guess they have NO HONEST REASONS TO NOT BELIEVE the rlds or flds or temple lot lds groups ARE THE REAL SMITH CHURCH!

berry posted:
    Originally Posted by Christian

Funny thing. . .He NEVER ONCE MENTIONED
    an aaronic priesthood[B][COLOR=#008000] in the CHRISTIAN church.
    Christ never mentioned any "priesthood" term in His NT ministry. Does that mean this is a false priesthood?

1 Peter 2:5-9---King James Version (KJV)
    5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
    6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
    7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
    8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
    9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;[/QUOTE]

Of course the p***age you quote SAYS NOTHING ABOUT AARONIC priests at all. NEITHER does it limit the ROYAL PRIESTHOOD to men and boys (The Aaronic priesthood required you to be 30-50 years old, so your kids wouldn't qualify anyway), but the ROYAL PRIESTHOOD (above) includes ALL BELIEVERS. You left out a BUNCH of important stuff:
    1 Peter 2:7-8
    7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient,
    "The stone which the builders rejected
    Has become the chief cornerstone,"

8 and
    "A stone of stumbling
    And a rock of offense."

They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.
    NKJV

Are you willing to AGREE that ALL BELIEVERS, MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN are members of THIS PRIESTHOOD?

ARE YOU UNWILLING TO AGREE THIS IS NOT THE "AARONIC" priesthood?

You are trying to compare apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    The rlds? They were started by joseph smith jr, continued on by his son after he said God told him his son would be the next president, after all.

brigham young? He was the apostate who was so popular he led his apostate bunch to utah. Now that troup has 'prophets' that haven't been able to spout EVEN ONE PROPHESY for about a hundred years or so, yet they still call their leaders "prophets."

OR is it one of the rest of the 150+ OTHER smith-church-break-offs, each with their own 'prophets and 'apostles'?

Why should we believe ANY of them come from God at all?

Personally I don't see even one reason to believe their junk.
    Amen! There is no "prophet" in Utah, except you might find prophecy in the ***embly of God there!
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."