Thread: dberrie back over on CARM

Default dberrie back over on CARM

dberrie, who believes it is his mission in life to exalt the works of men and deny God's grace, is back on CARM, once again trolling that site. Just as bad as here. I suggest that NOBODY contribute to this troll's need to preach works salvation, or that Satan is a true and powerful god (as he has taught on CARM).
    Oath formerly taken by Mormons promising not to reveal secret Mormon temple rituals: "Should we do so, we agree to have our breasts cut open and our hearts and vitals torn from our bodies and given to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field."

Haven't the moderators asked us not to bring arguments from other boards?

dberrie must be pretty effective to elicit such a panicked response.

isn't carm allowing troll threads now? i thought the mods there had no problem with posters making a thread whose purpose is to cause severe offense to be taken

alanmolstad

from now on we will have to keep track of topics like this that are started in a manner that is against the rules.

Rather than clearing bad posts and topics however, I have always felt that when a MOD does that he removes the example that others might learn from.

I think rather than people asking the MOD later- "Why was so-N-so banned?. that if people could see exactly what type of thing person did to get banned it might serve as a good lesson for others in the future.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Haven't the moderators asked us not to bring arguments from other boards?

dberrie must be pretty effective to elicit such a panicked response.
    I don't believe dberrie is the reason--it's the Biblical scriptures which seems to cause so much concern, IMO-- as the faith alone cannot collate their theology with the Biblical witness:

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version (KJV)
    16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
    17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
    19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

alanmolstad

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    "Have you read the rules--we are not to start threads targeting specific board members."

a good point to raise from time to time,
    The rule is against the naming of a of a topic on this message board by name at another member of the message board.

an example would be a ***le listed as "Alan Molstad, how do you answer this?"
    That type of topic ***le is against the letter and spirit of the rules.

a better way to ***le a topic would have been to say, "How would a Christian answer this?" as this is not against the rule , and does not attack another member by name personally.

So the rule insures that topics on this forum do not become too personally directed at lone individuals...and thereby needlessly too personal.

Maintaining this rule allows members to decide for themselves if they wish to post a comment or not, and that this is all totally up to the person themselves and that there is no pressure for any member to need to feel they 'have" to respond.

The rule is for topics that appear directly on the board, but have zero to do with other websites...(What you guys do over on another website or forum is no concern here, so being banned on another site does not mean you will be automatically banned here, nor do our rules against things apply for other forums)

thus this topic named "dberrie back over on CARM " is seen as against the rules, and from now on we will not see other such topics aimed at members so personally.
    members can do whatever they want on other websites and other forums, but while posting on the Walter Martin message board we all will follow the rules the Jill has listed , and this will ensure all members have an equal footing .

If any member has a question as to what is or is not allowed under the rules, just drop me a message and I will be happy to answer.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 04-06-2017 at 05:21 AM.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    a good point to raise from time to time,
    The rule is against the naming of a of a topic on this message board by name at another member of the message board.

an example would be a ***le listed as "Alan Molstad, how do you answer this?"
    That type of topic ***le is against the letter and spirit of the rules.

a better way to ***le a topic would have been to say, "How would a Christian answer this?" as this is not against the rule , and does not attack another member by name personally.

So the rule insures that topics on this forum do not become too personally directed at lone individuals...and thereby needlessly too personal.

Maintaining this rule allows members to decide for themselves if they wish to post a comment or not, and that this is all totally up to the person themselves and that there is no pressure for any member to need to feel they 'have" to respond.

The rule is for topics that appear directly on the board, but have zero to do with other websites...(What you guys do over on another website or forum is no concern here, so being banned on another site does not mean you will be automatically banned here, nor do our rules against things apply for other forums)

thus this topic named "dberrie back over on CARM " is seen as against the rules, and from now on we will not see other such topics aimed at members so personally.
    members can do whatever they want on other websites and other forums, but while posting on the Walter Martin message board we all will follow the rules the Jill has listed , and this will ensure all members have an equal footing .

If any member has a question as to what is or is not allowed under the rules, just drop me a message and I will be happy to answer.
    Thank you, Alan.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Thank you, Alan.
    I did not want to mess up the other topic...
    and I decided to keep this topic open as a "teaching moment" where I can refer people to as to what is a correct way to add a ***le to a topic, and what is against the rules...