Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why should we pick YOURS?

Default Why should we pick YOURS?

Smith invented ONE religion. In less than 200 years it splintered into 150+ pieces (an average 'break' once every 18 months).

NOBODY has given us ONE GOD GIVEN REASON to believe that THEIR splinter group of smith's religion is 'the right one.'

EACH has its own 'prophet,' and EACH had its own 'apostles.' EACH claims the other smith groups are fakes and will lead their followers to Hell.

So WHY SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOURS?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    So WHY SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOURS?
    because it's better than yours is. until you believe that, you shouldn't join ours. that's a fair deal, wouldn't you agree?

Maybe you should start a thread explaining why we should pick YOURS.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by childofgod View Post
    Why should someone pick the Baptists over Methodists? Lutherans? Presbyterianism? Catholic? Nondenominational?
    The question you ask is "Who should I follow?"

The Bible answers that question directly....For Jesus said "Follow me"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    because it's better than yours is. until you believe that, you shouldn't join ours. that's a fair deal, wouldn't you agree?
    Why would I agree? You haven't shown that YOURS is any better than MINE OR ANY OF THE OTHERS WE ARE DISCUSSING EITHER. . .

Logic seems to elude you. . .

Have you sincerely asked God if the Book of Mormon is true? If it is true, and it is, then The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church on the earth. Why should you choose the Lord and His church? Because salvation and exaltation depends on it.
    I did. The Holy Spirit said NO. My salvation doesn't depend upon joe smith, his self-contradictory writings, OR his made-up (once a man who became a god, but was always god from eternity to eternity) god at all.

MY salvation is given to me by the SAME JESUS CHRIST that the Bible describes, not one of joey smith's pretended 'spirit children along with satan' jesus.

alanmolstad

Have you sincerely asked God if the Book of Mormon is true?......
    Oh how I love it when I see this question posted...

let me quote my answer to it-

""Oh Lord, I have always wanted to have lots of sex with many other women besides my wife.
    Will you send me a sign, any sign will do, even just indigestion, that you have picked out a new religion for me that would have as one of it's teachings that in the afterlife I will get to cheat on my wife with many, many young girls and its ok with you?

And Lord, if its not too much trouble, I have always wanted to wear super-secret underwear.
    So could you make this new religion where I get to as well?

And before I go Lord...I have always felt the Christian Church has just too low of an opinion of Satan, so could you work things out better in thine new religion for Satan too?
    Perhaps you could make him equal to Jesus?..like for instance make them "brothers"?

Thanks, Lord...

and P.S.
    let me know when I can expect to rule my own planet like you..and make tons of spirit babies with really stacked wives...
    I want to get "cracken" on that right away!
    Amen. "

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Maybe you should start a thread explaining why we should pick YOURS.

Why? I would LOVE to see you visit my own congregation, but I would also LOVE to see you visit ANY CHRISTIAN congretation.

Baptists, methodists, lutherans, presbyterians, non-denominational? CHRISTIAN. You will find the REAL JESUS CHRIST in all of those. Of course, if you look for Him in a catholic church you will find a 'bread god' instead. If you look in other false religions, you will find false gods.

FOLLOW THE REAL JESUS CHRIST. Not the fake mormon one.

Why?
    Because you want us to convert to yours.

I would LOVE to see you visit my own congregation, but I would also LOVE to see you visit ANY CHRISTIAN congretation.
    That's what I do every week.

FOLLOW THE REAL JESUS CHRIST.
    Yep, that's what we do.

Not the fake mormon one.
    Okay, tell us why you think Jesus Christ is fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Because you want us to convert to yours.

That's what I do every week.

Yep, that's what we do.

Okay, tell us why you think Jesus Christ is fake.
    WHICH Jesus Christ? The MORMON ONE?
    joey smith's invented 'christ' is supposed to be a 'spirit brother' of Satan.

The REAL Jesus Christ is not.

The mormon INVENTIONS are all fakes.

Their fake 'prophets' who haven't been able to prophesy for at least 75 years. Their fake 'apostles' that don't go anywhere. Their fake 'priesthoods' that joey smith invented.

ALL fakes.

But the REAL Jesus Christ is not the mormon one.

Which "real" Jesus did you find? The Baptist one? The Lutheran Jesus? The nondenominational Jesus? The Methodist Jesus? They all still vary in their doctrines. We teach only that which is from God and the REAL Jesus Christ, not the fake Trinity one.

Every time I attend my ward, or visit another, of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I attend a Christian church. The only difference is this isn't just another church randomly created like protestant churches, this is Jesus Christ's church. You should try visiting our church sometime.
    The REAL Jesus I found is the same Jesus the Baptists, Lutherans and ALL CHRISTIAN churches follow. NOT a 'spirit brother of satan' as joey smith's MADE UP jesus is.

Your mormon religion CLAIMS to be Christian, but back in the 70's when I BECAME A CHRISTIAN, the mormons would be the first to tell you that their religion was NOT Christian, it was mormon instead. THEY were right.

But now. . .your religion wants to seem more 'respectable' apparently. Your religion is no more Christ's church than a duck's waddle. Your religion is nothing more than a fairytale religion invented by joey smith. And you cannot demonstrate in the WORD OF GOD, THE BIBLE otherwise.

Sorry cog, but you have been drinking from the dirty well. . .the mormon well. Dirty water, not the Holy Spirit at all.

WHICH Jesus Christ?
    As Christians, we believe there is exactly one Jesus Christ. You can read about him in the New Testament. Tell us why you think he is fake.

Okay, so you don't believe the Jesus Christ of the Bible is the real one. Who is the real one, do you believe, and why should we believe in him instead?

Default There is no "restored' church by joseph smith. HE INVENTED his new religion.

child posted:
    No, those aren't the same Jesuses. If you all believed in the same Jesus you wouldn't be divided. You would be one church.
    You're not. Its no fun when your own words are used against you is it?

Sorry child, but my own words are still TRUE. We ARE one church. Just as the Church of the Thessalonians was the same church as the Church of God in Christ Jesus which was the same as The Church of God etc etc IN GOD'S WORD, the BIBLE.

Sorry, but it was MORMONS who pretended that we must be 'splintered' when we are not.

AND it was the MORMONS who did not apply the same rules they made up to their own 150+ different pieces of SMITH'S religion, EACH OF WHICH CLAIMS THAT ALL OF THE REST ARE FALSE.

We CHRISTIANS don't make such claims of each other.

NOT MY WORDS used against me.

We don't just claim to be Christians, we ARE Christians. And you are wrong, Mormons have always identified themselves as Christians.

Not in Eastern Idaho (The REAL center of the utah mormons, more-or-less) during the '70's.'

Early leaders taught that we are not what I call New Age Christians, the Trinity and all that mess, but that we are biblical Christians.

The mormon religion has almost NOTHING in common with BIBLICAL Christianity.

I would never identify myself as trinitarian Christian, I am a biblical Christian. This is Jesus Christ's church, the same Jesus Christ found in the Bible.

Mormons falsely CLAIM that today, but they cannot SHOW IT. They cannot find ONE MEMBER of the BIBLICAL aaronic priesthood in the NT church leadership anywhere. They cannot find ONE MEMBER OTHER THAN JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF who was ever a 'Melchizedek priest' in the New Testament church.
    They cannot find ONE PROPHET leading Christ's church either.
    Or ONE 'ELDER' who was ever 19 years old.
    Or ONE marriage forever.
    or ONE 'forever family.
    or ONE GOD who was ever a man first.
    or ONE GOD who had wives that popped out 'spirit babies.'
    or ONE 'jesus' who was a spirit brother of satan. or
    or
    or
    or
    etc
    etc

The Mormon church is not IN TRUTH a 'restored' church at all. It is an 'INVENTED' church. Invented by joe smith. It is NOT the church JESUS built and bears little to no resemblance to it.

And STILL NO REASON TO BELIEVE YOUR PARTICULAR BRAND OF SMITHISM IS THE "RIGHT ONE."

[QUOTE=Erundur;163420]
    Originally Posted by ChristianWHICH Jesus Christ?
    As Christians, we believe there is exactly one Jesus Christ. You can read about him in the New Testament. Tell us why you think he is fake.

STILL trying to 'twist my words' to make them 'look like' they say something I never said.

Typical of mormons. They LOVE to quibble over their own lies.

The REAL BIBLICAL Jesus Christ is not the one your religion describes. YOUR 'jesus' is indeed fake, supposedly a 'spirit child' of a 'momma goddess' and your 'father god' who was at one time a man, but was 'exalted and has ALWAYS been a god, from eternity to eternity.

YOUR FALSE JESUS is supposedly a 'spirit brother' to your satan.

THAT 'jesus' is false. DO YOU WANT TO CLAIM THE MORMON RELIGION DOES NOT TEACH THESE THINGS?

WHERE in the Word of God (the BIBLE) does your fake 'jesus' live?

Okay, so you don't believe the Jesus Christ of the Bible is the real one. Who is the real one, do you believe, and why should we believe in him instead?

I guess you cannot read with comprehension. . . I pointed out that the fake MORMON one is NOT THE JESUS OF THE BIBLE, and I showed you WHY.

NOW IT IS UP TO YOU to show us where the Jesus Christ of the BIBLE was ever a 'spirit baby' of your 'momma goddess" OR 'a spirit brother of satan' IN THE BIBLE where you claim YOUR 'jesus' is.

And if he is NOT THERE, then YOUR 'jesus' IS NOT THE JESUS OF THE BIBLE. HE'S NOT THERE.

joey smith lied to you.

STILL trying to 'twist my words' to make them 'look like' they say something I never said.
    I have no idea what you're talking about. You're the one who asked "WHICH Jesus Christ?", which only makes sense if you believe there are more than one.

Typical of mormons. They LOVE to quibble over their own lies.
    Why do you think it is a lie that there is only one Jesus Christ?

The REAL BIBLICAL Jesus Christ is not the one your religion describes.
    That is a lie. The biblical Jesus Christ is the one my religion describes, not your alternate one.

Erunder posted:

Originally Posted by ChristianSTILL trying to 'twist my words' to make them 'look like' they say something I never said.
    I have no idea what you're talking about. You're the one who asked "WHICH Jesus Christ?", which only makes sense if you believe there are more than one.

I believe what JESUS said:

Matt 24:24-25
    24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
    NKJV

Why do you think it is a lie that there is only one Jesus Christ?

Because of what JESUS said in Matthew 24, and other places where it points out that there would be FALSE prophets (like smitty) and FALSE CHRISTS.

That is a lie. The biblical Jesus Christ is the one my religion describes, not your alternate one.

SHOW ME ONE BIBLE VERSE that says Jesus is a spirit baby with satan as His brother. The 'alternate one' is yours.

I believe what JESUS said:
    But you also believe in multiple Jesus Christs, which Jesus didn't say.

SHOW ME ONE BIBLE VERSE that says Jesus is a spirit baby with satan as His brother.
    Why?

The 'alternate one' is yours.
    Well yes, from your perspective, the Biblical Jesus Christ is alternate to your other Jesus.

The scriptures never say there will be false Jesus Christs. Read them again. False " Christs". Christ is a ***le, not Jesus' last name. In other words, people who claim to be the Messiah, not necessarily claiming to be Jesus.
    That is a great point. I had never thought of that. Thanks for pointing this out.

double post
    Last edited by Phoenix; 06-27-2015 at 05:43 PM.

cog posited:

The scriptures never say there will be false Jesus Christs. Read them again. False " Christs". Christ is a ***le, not Jesus' last name

Acts 3:2-8
    2 And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms from those who entered the temple; 3 who, seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, asked for alms. 4 And fixing his eyes on him, with John, Peter said, "Look at us." 5 So he gave them his attention, expecting to receive something from them. 6 Then Peter said, "Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk." 7 And he took him by the right hand and lifted him up, and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
    NKJV

In other words, people who claim to be the Messiah, not necessarily claiming to be Jesus. There is only one Jesus Christ ever and He is the Son of the Father, that God whom we worship.

So you don't realize that the 'jesus christ' of the christian scientists (a Jesus Christ who was an 'idea of god,' but NEVER a man) is a DIFFERENT 'jesus christ' than that of the jw's who was ALWAYS a man and NEVER deity? Do YOU believe the 'jesus christ' that the white supremecists worship, who was a white anglo-saxton person, NOT a Jew, NOT Hebrew? Perhaps you believe in the same 'jesus christ' as islam believes in, who was nothing more than 'another messenger from god,' BUT NEVER DEITY?

THAT is the kind of FALSE CHRISTS that Jesus was warning of.

You know not what you worship but we do for salvation is of the covenant people.

Since I am a CHRISTIAN and follow the JESUS OF THE BIBLE, I DO know WHOM I worship. I don't worship your 'spirit-brother-of-satan-jesus,' the one joey smith invented. You won't find HIM in the BIBLE ANYWHERE. Joey smith INVENTED HIM.

You're not interested in any verse we give because you'll always claim its out of context even though you fail to prove how. We've been down this road before with you and other critics.

Dishonest excuses after excuses! Typical mormon 'runawayware.'

Make excuses and don't even TRY to find any p***ages in the Bible where GOD EVER SAID that JESUS CHRIST WAS A SPIRIT BROTHER OF SATAN.

RUN EVEN FURTHER AWAY from the OP question. . .why should we think YOURS is 'the right one' of joey smith's 150+ religions, each with their own 'prophets,' 'revelations,' and 'apostles?

RUN RUN RUN! Make excuses if you wish! Obfuscate if you fish. BUT PLEASE DON'T TRY TO ADDRESS THE REAL ISSUES (DARKENED ABOVE) AT ALL. YOU HAVE NO WAY TO DO THAT FROM THE BIBLE!

And quoting joey smith or his minions cannot convince us because they are liars.

alanmolstad

the world is full of false religions, false Christs....false gods...

alanmolstad

The scriptures never say there will be false Jesus Christs. Read them again. False " Christs". Christ is a ***le, not Jesus' last name. In other words, people who claim to be the Messiah, not necessarily claiming to be Jesus. There is only one Jesus Christ ever and He is the Son of the Father, that God whom we worship. You know not what you worship but we do for salvation is of the covenant people.

You're not interested in any verse we give because you'll always claim its out of context even though you fail to prove how. We've been down this road before with you and other critics.
    most silly post I have yet read here...

There are tons and tons of false Christs....
    The world's history is filled with people that at one time or another claimed to have seen a Jesus, or claimed to have been Jesus...

Mark 13:6 tells us clearly that people would come with his "name'......not just his ***le, but his "name"

We have seen this in our human history clearly happen too.
    We see people stand up and claim, "I am he"

"He".......its a personal claim that they make.
    They claim to be that same person.

This also is why we are told to not just trust the Spirits, but to Test them.

How do we test such spirit?, how do we test the things people claim?...by Scripture!

That is how they put the claims of Paul to the test too to see if he was telling the truth or not.
    You compare the words spoken to the Bible you know to be true.

Yes, just like the trinity heresy.
    The Father is God. . .According to the BIBLE.
    Jesus is God . . .According to the BIBLE.
    The Holy Spirit is God. . .According to the BIBLE.

What is 'heresy' about that?

Of course if you want HERESY, just look at the mormon god:
    he used to be a man
    then he became a god thru 'exaltation'
    BUT
    he was a god from eternity to eternity, was never NOT a god. . .

The mormon HERESY god (one of many gods they believe to be extant) is self-contradictory.

THAT is HERESY.

It is also pretty stupid, imho.

The trinity idea came from man, not the Bible. Read John 20:17. The Father is referred to as Jesus' God and then later, Thomas calls Jesus God. Jesus is God and then the Father is Jesus's God and our God. There's 2 Gods the Bible directly says exist and then there's the Holy Ghost. 1+1+1=3.
    Then you must believe GOD LIED when He said:

Isa 43:10
    10 "You are My witnesses," says the Lord,
    "And My servant whom I have chosen,
    That you may know and believe Me,
    And understand that I am He.
    Before Me there was no God formed,
    Nor shall there be after Me.
    NKJV

Either YOUR theorizing is wrong, or the GOD OF THE BIBLE LIED.

I believe the God of the BIBLE. THAT God (the ONLY GOD, the One I serve) does not lie. Sorry about yours.

You may rationalize all you want. You may worship your god who was once a man but who was always NOT a man but was a god from eternity past to eternity future. . .your self-contradicotry mormon god.

erunder posted:
    But you also believe in multiple Jesus Christs, which Jesus didn't say.

You are playing word games. FALSE christs exist. They are OFTEN labeled as "jesus" christs, just as joey smith's false christ is.

SHOW ME ONE BIBLE VERSE that says Jesus is a spirit baby with satan as His brother.

Why?

IF YOU CANNOT, then you CANNOT DEMONSTRATE that YOUR (& joey smith's) 'jesus christ' IS the Christ of the Bible.

Well yes, from your perspective, the Biblical Jesus Christ is alternate to your other Jesus.

More word-games. No, the BIBLICAL Jesus Christ is the ONLY REAL Jesus Christ. YOUR false 'jesus christ' and the other FALSE ones are NOT mine at all.

You like to play word games.
    The TRUTH seems to be uninteresting to you.