Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why should we pick YOURS?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    You are playing word games.
    no, he made a valid point IMO.

FALSE christs exist.
    He didn't say otherwise.

They are OFTEN labeled as "jesus" christs, just as joey smith's false christ is.
    So you are believer in the existence of joey smith's christ? some anti-mormons say the jesus of mormonism does not exist. but you say they are wrong, because you believe that false christs actually exist, and that joey's is one of those that actually exist. so you reject the anti-mormon theory that the jesus of mormonism doesn't exist because it is a figment of joey's imagination.

Default Why should we pick YOUR particular shard of smith's religons?

cog posted:

I must? No, I don't believe God lies. You have a bad habit of ignoring the scriptures. Isaiah 43:10 doesn't cancel out what it says in John 20. It was JESUS who referred to the Father as HIS AND OUR God.

Of course, despite your bleating, I have ignored NO scriptures at all.

Thomas " My Lord and my God"
    John 20:26-29
    26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!" 27 Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."
    28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"
    29 Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
    NKJV

And as Thomas said, JESUS IS my Lord and my God. So is the FATHER. And they are One.

John 10:27-30
    28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. 30 I and My Father are one."
    NKJV

That's another p***age you NEGLECTED to take into consideration.

Jesus "I go to MY God and to YOUR God"
    Jesus, who is God, has a God, the Father. That is directly, not implied, from the scriptures. You are completely denying what the Bible says just to justify the Trinity heresy. The Bible proves you wrong on every point.

There is a DEFINITE 'pecking order' in heaven between the PERSONS OF THE ONE GOD. Jesus submits to HIS FATHER (HIS God), The Holy Spirit submits to Jesus. THEY ARE ONE GOD.

Either that or the prophet Isaiah lied when He said only one God exists anywhere.

Isa 43:10
    10 "You are My witnesses," declares the Lord,
    "And My servant whom I have chosen,
    So that you may know and believe Me
    And understand that I am He.
    Before Me there was no God formed,
    And there will be none after Me.

NASU

Isa 44:6
    6 "Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
    'I am the first and I am the last,
    And there is no God besides Me.
    NASU

Isa 44:8
    8 'Do not tremble and do not be afraid;
    Have I not long since announced it to you and declared it?
    And you are My witnesses.
    Is there any God besides Me,
    Or is there any other Rock?
    I know of none.'"
    NASU

NOT 'implications.' NOT 'interpretations.' FLAT OUT STATEMENTS by GOD HIMSELF.

Your religious cult has lied to you.

Let's try the OP again. . .WHY SHOULD ANYONE PICK YOUR shard of smith's religions ABOVE THE OTHER 150 or so?

You are playing word games.
    That's false. I directly quoted you.

IF YOU CANNOT, then you CANNOT DEMONSTRATE that YOUR (& joey smith's) 'jesus christ' IS the Christ of the Bible.
    No, that would mean that I cannot demonstrate that the anti-Mormon Jesus Christ is the Christ of the Bible. BTW, you have again ***erted a belief in multiple Jesus Christs.

More word-games. No, the BIBLICAL Jesus Christ is the ONLY REAL Jesus Christ. YOUR false 'jesus christ' and the other FALSE ones are NOT mine at all.
    You have again ***erted a belief in multiple Jesus Christs.

erunder posted:
    Originally Posted by ChristianYou are playing word games.

That's false. I directly quoted you.

erunder posted:
    But you also believe in multiple Jesus Christs, which Jesus didn't say.

You are playing word games. FALSE christs exist. They are OFTEN labeled as "jesus" christs, just as joey smith's false christ is.

Yours slander (and cheap word game) is that I said in any way that I BELIEVED IN your false 'jesus' christs.

[/quote] IF YOU CANNOT, then you CANNOT DEMONSTRATE that YOUR (& joey smith's) 'jesus christ' IS the Christ of the Bible. [/quote]

No, that would mean that I cannot demonstrate that the anti-Mormon Jesus Christ is the Christ of the Bible. BTW, you have again ***erted a belief in multiple Jesus Christs.

Smell the smoke? That's your pants that are on fire. . .

You have again ***erted a belief in multiple Jesus Christs.

The EXISTANCE of such false christs, yes, BELIEF IN ANY OF THEM, no. You are simply playing childish word-games.

Now why not answer the OP QUESTION? WHY should ANYONE pick YOUR 'smithite group' over the 150+ OTHERS?

I don't believe you can answer that question, and that is why you run away from it so fast, resorting to petty word games.

PROVE ME WRONG if you think you can. . .ANSWER THE QUESTION.

phoenix is playing wordgames too.

So you are believer in the existence of joey smith's christ?

Nope. I simply believe he (and you) WORSHIP an imaginary and false 'jesus christ.'

I do not believe such a REAL goddess like that exists.

your fake 'jesus is just as 'real' as joey smith's made up book of mormon fairytale, peter pan, and donald duck are.

some anti-mormons say the jesus of mormonism does not exist. but you say they are wrong, because you believe that false christs actually exist, and that joey's is one of those that actually exist. so you reject the anti-mormon theory that the jesus of mormonism doesn't exist because it is a figment of joey's imagination.

more word-games. . .worthy of joining the used toilet paper to get flushed down the toilet.

I see you have no interest in TRUTH at all. All you want to do is play word games and RUN AWAY FROM THE OP.

Let's go back to the OP. . .WHY SHOULD ANYONE ANYWHERE PICK YOUR PARTICULAR BRAND of smith's religions?

Yours slander (and cheap word game) is that I said in any way that I BELIEVED IN your false 'jesus' christs.
    That is a lie. I have never claimed this.

alanmolstad

I think all you guys need to back off and find some other topic to be in...

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    I think all you guys need to back off and find some other topic to be in...
    Since all he seems to have to offer is cheap word-games. . .perhaps we should. . .

I'll start a similar but DIFFERENT thread. Perhaps soon will place erunder into my ignore list.

phoenix is playing wordgames too.
    i am just trying to create an honest, clear statement from YOUR word games.

you DID say "FALSE christs exist." did you mean what you said? if not, then you are the one playing the word games.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    i am just trying to create an honest, clear statement from YOUR word games.

you DID say "FALSE christs exist." did you mean what you said? if not, then you are the one playing the word games.
    So did JESUS:

Matt 24:23-25
    24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
    NKJV

I believe JESUS. YOU may believe whatever you wish.

No word-games from me. YOU GUYS are the ones pretending it is not the CHRIST JESUS, or that it 'musta ment sumthin els.'

alanmolstad

Perhaps soon will place erunder into my ignore list.
    I always tell people that have had even the slightest problem . with any guest to simply add the other person's name to their IGNORE LIST and put a stop to future problems.

I always try to give a person a warning before I put them on IGNORE...but mostof the timethe people actually were looking to be banned so being on everyone's IGNORE LIST is no big deal to such types.

One interesting thing I just learned about the Ignore List....from time to time this forum is down for maintenance and later I have to reenter the names to the list as they might be all cleaned off.,

alanmolstad

any many FALSE Christs exist.....

No word-games from me.
    except this one: First you said that false Christs exist. You said that the Christ that Mormons believe in is a false Christ. this would lead the average reader to believe that you think the Christ of mormonism exists.

so far, so good, but then........

Then you said this, which contradicts all that:

"I simply believe he (and you) WORSHIP an imaginary and false 'jesus christ.'
    your fake 'jesus is just as 'real' as joey smith's made up book of mormon fairytale, peter pan, and donald duck are."

so it looks like you believe that the Christ of Mormonism both exists....and doesn't exist, since IMAGINARY things, such peter pan, don't exist.

duplicitous word games.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    except this one: First you said that false Christs exist. You said that the Christ that Mormons believe in is a false Christ. this would lead the average reader to believe that you think the Christ of mormonism exists.

so far, so good, but then........

Then you said this, which contradicts all that:

"I simply believe he (and you) WORSHIP an imaginary and false 'jesus christ.'
    your fake 'jesus is just as 'real' as joey smith's made up book of mormon fairytale, peter pan, and donald duck are."

so it looks like you believe that the Christ of Mormonism both exists....and doesn't exist, since IMAGINARY things, such peter pan, don't exist.

duplicitous word games.

Well,I will try to be as clear as I can then..

There are many false Christs in the world..

The Christ that all Mormons worship is a false Christ..

I believe that all Mormons worship a False Jesus Christ...

I believe that the Jesus Christ/Satan's brother that Joe Smith invented is just a dreamed up foolishness
    ...a big fat lie...
    a steaming pile of ****....
    and BS ****, all by a guy who could not keep his zipper up, and was only invented so as to allow him a chance to get younger girls into his bed...

Now that is as clear as I can make it......
    Let me know if you have any doubts as to what I really think of the Mormon teachings about Jesus.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Well,I will try to be as clear as I can then..
    as clear as you can be? or as offensive and disgusting as you can be?

There are many false Christs in the world..
    list 10 of them.

I believe that the Jesus Christ/Satan's brother that Joe Smith invented is just a dreamed up foolishness
    ...a big fat lie...
    but "christian" said that false Christs exist. this would lead the average reader to believe that "christian" thinks the Christ of mormonism exists.

but you think the Christ of mormonism is dreamed up, and therefore does NOT exist.

Let me know if you have any doubts as to what I really think of the Mormon teachings about Jesus.....LOL
    i have doubts as to which of you is telling the truth.

Default What does YOUR group have that the others do NOT have?

Quote Originally Posted by childofgod View Post
    Have you sincerely asked God if the Book of Mormon is true? If it is true, and it is, then The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church on the earth. Why should you choose the Lord and His church? Because salvation and exaltation depends on it.
    When I was a brand-new CHRISTIAN, I asked GOD to put me into any place and any religious ins***ution HE wanted me in. Since I lived in Pocatello, Idaho (a predominantly mormon place) I was invited to read the bom and pray to God to see if it is true. I did so with a humble and open heart. If God had led me to become a muslim, I would have. But of course He wouldn't.

The HOLY SPIRIT answered my prayers by showing me CLEARLY that the bom contradicted other writings by smith, contradicted the Bible and contradicted GOD.

Since GOD never made prayer a determiner of what is true or false, from Himself or not, He also showed me the DIFFERENCE between smith's mis-use of James 1:5 and 'knowledge' which smith CLAIMED it was talking about.

Smith didn't know his Bible. He didn't know the GOD of the Bible.

Smith was a fraud, a conman, and a heretic. Nothing better.

He didn't RESTORE anything that existed but was removed, broken, or lost. He just INVENTED a new religion.

But WHICH VERSION of that religion is the REAL ONE today according to YOU and WHY?

You APPEAR to be claiming it is the UTAH mormons. WHY NOT SOME OF THE OTHERS? What does YOUR group have that the others do NOT have?

cog posted:
    There is a DEFINITE 'pecking order' in heaven between the PERSONS OF THE ONE GOD. Jesus submits to HIS FATHER (HIS God), The Holy Spirit submits to Jesus. THEY ARE ONE GOD.

Either that or the prophet Isaiah lied when He said only one God exists anywhere.

Isa 43:10
    10 "You are My witnesses," declares the Lord,
    "And My servant whom I have chosen,
    So that you may know and believe Me
    And understand that I am He.
    Before Me there was no God formed,
    And there will be none after Me.

NASU

Isa 44:6
    6 "Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
    'I am the first and I am the last,
    And there is no God besides Me.
    NASU

Isa 44:8
    8 'Do not tremble and do not be afraid;
    Have I not long since announced it to you and declared it?
    And you are My witnesses.
    Is there any God besides Me,
    Or is there any other Rock?
    I know of none.'"
    NASU

NOT 'implications.' NOT 'interpretations.' FLAT OUT STATEMENTS by GOD HIMSELF.

Your religious cult has lied to you.

It shows that they are separate. Being one is just being one in everything but substance.

SHOW US THE REFERENCE TO "SUBSTANCE IN ANY OF THAT SCRIPTURE. Of course you cannot; it is not there.

Do you make this junk up as you go? Your made-up junk doesn't work for you at all.

If Jesus submits to the Father,and He does, then Jesus is subordinate to the Father.

"Subordinate?" Is that BAD? My adult son submits to me. Does that CHANGE HIM? Does that MAKE HIM WORTH ANY LESS?
    Naah. Neither does it change HIS SUBSTANCE OR MY OWN SUBSTANCE. Whether he submits or not, his SUBSTANCE REMAINS THE SAME.

I'm a Mormon because this is Jesus Christ's church.

PROVE IT. You cannot, of course.

I'm a member of JESUS CHRIST'S church instead. I wouldn't join your utah mormon cult, or any of the OTHER mormon cults (YOU STILL CAN'T SEEM TO COME UP WITH A REASON TO BELIEVE THAT "YOURS" IS "THE RIGHT ONE" OF THE MORMON CULTS) for the same reason I would not join the branch davidians, the muslims, or the mooneys. NONE of you belong to Jesus. You are ALL of your so-called 'spirit-brother' satan if you are a true-blue mormon.

John 8:43-45
    43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
    NKJV

You'd never find me joining a Protestant church because its teachings break away from scripture and are not testified of by the Spirit of God.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Christian;163564]cog posted:

It shows that they are separate. Being one is just being one in everything but substance.

SHOW US THE REFERENCE TO "SUBSTANCE IN ANY OF THAT SCRIPTURE. Of course you cannot; it is not there.

Do you make this junk up as you go? Your made-up junk doesn't work for you at all.

If Jesus submits to the Father,and He does, then Jesus is subordinate to the Father.

"Subordinate?" Is that BAD? My adult son submits to me. Does that CHANGE HIM? Does that MAKE HIM WORTH ANY LESS?
    Naah. Neither does it change HIS SUBSTANCE OR MY OWN SUBSTANCE. Whether he submits or not, his SUBSTANCE REMAINS THE SAME.

I'm a Mormon because this is Jesus Christ's church.

PROVE IT. You cannot, of course.

I'm a member of JESUS CHRIST'S church instead. I wouldn't join your utah mormon cult, or any of the OTHER mormon cults (YOU STILL CAN'T SEEM TO COME UP WITH A REASON TO BELIEVE THAT "YOURS" IS "THE RIGHT ONE" OF THE MORMON CULTS) for the same reason I would not join the branch davidians, the muslims, or the mooneys. NONE of you belong to Jesus. You are ALL of your so-called 'spirit-brother' satan if you are a true-blue mormon.

John 8:43-45
    43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
    NKJV

You'd never find me joining a Protestant church because its teachings break away from scripture and are not testified of by the Spirit of God.

PROVE that ONE SINGLE DOCTRINE, ONE SINGLE BELIEF TAUGHT BY CONSERVATIVE BAPTIST CHRISTIANS "breaks away' from Scripture WHICH IS TESTIMONY BY GOD.

Of course you cannot. All you can do is bleat a few of smith's imaginary 'new junk' from his made-up religion. NOTHING that SCRIPTURE supports.

Or do you just believe God didn't inspire HIS HOLY WORD?