Thread: no need to restore the truth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Do you think God would have you mock or ridicule someone who you believe needs to know the truth?
    Nope... That's why I said I will not mock someone who merely asks questions. However you are not doing that... You are questioning. Which means you are not interested in knowing the truth. You are only interested on trying to school us Mormons on your version of it.
    That being the case, I will continue to point out the obvious flaws, contradictions, and faulty logic of your "schooling"

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Nope... That's why I said I will not mock someone who merely asks questions. However you are not doing that... You are questioning. Which means you are not interested in knowing the truth. You are only interested on trying to school us Mormons on your version of it.
    That being the case, I will continue to point out the obvious flaws, contradictions, and faulty logic of your "schooling"
    But Way here's the thing, nothing I have posted is my opinion its what the Bible says and the Bible has no flaws or faulty logic.

But Way here's the thing, nothing I have posted is my opinion its what the Bible says and the Bible has no flaws or faulty logic.
    No... It is not the Bible I have an issue with... It is your interpretation of it.
    If your interpretation of the Bible is the correct one, (***uming the Bible has no flaws in it) then you have just as much of a problem with your fellows Christian as you would with us.
    Before you think to school us, you need to go huddle up with other Christians first, to come up with only one interpretation you can all agree with.

No... It is not the Bible I have an issue with... It is your interpretation of it.
    If your interpretation of the Bible is the correct one, (***uming the Bible has no flaws in it) then you have just as much of a problem with your fellows Christian as you would with us.
    Before you think to school us, you need to go huddle up with other Christians first, to come up with only one interpretation you can all agree with.
    You got it all wrong Way, I'm not trying to "school" you or anyone else. This is still a free county and you have the right to believe anything you want without me degrading or criticizing your integrity. I know you are sincere in your belief, I'm just trying to understand why you believe things I don't see in the Bible and for that matter why the Bible was not enough. The Gospel of Jesus Christ was being preached a very long time before Joseph Smith came on the scene, do you believe that all those people who read and believed the Bible and the testimony concerning Jesus had wrong information?

You got it all wrong Way, I'm not trying to "school" you or anyone else. This is still a free county and you have the right to believe anything you want without me degrading or criticizing your integrity. I know you are sincere in your belief, I'm just trying to understand why you believe things I don't see in the Bible and for that matter why the Bible was not enough.
    Oh please.... If you were only after an understanding of what we believe, then you would not be telling us we are wrong, nor would you be offering your opinion. You then claim you are not here to criticize, yet all anyone has to do is go back over your posts to see that all you do is criticize us and our beliefs.
    At least I'm honest about why I am here, you can not even own up to your own intentions.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ was being preached a very long time before Joseph Smith came on the scene, do you believe that all those people who read and believed the Bible and the testimony concerning Jesus had wrong information?
    Yes and no, depends on what information you are talking about.

But then that's an odd question coming from you as you believe Christains throughout the ages got it wrong on many issues

For example, which do you believe?
    Water Baptism a requirement... Yes or no?
    Faith Alone for salvation... Yes or no?
    Priesthood authority how is it given?
    This is just three small questions, yet no matter how you answer, somebody within the Christian community got it wrong, if not everybody.
    Last edited by theway; 06-23-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Oh please.... If you were only after an understanding of what we believe, then you would not be telling us we are wrong, nor would you be offering your opinion. You then claim you are not here to criticize, yet all anyone has to do is go back over your posts to see that all you do is criticize us and our beliefs.
    At least I'm honest about why I am here, you can not even own up to your own intentions.
    Ok Way, just trying to be respectful. I'm guessing your not one of the guys going door to door, your not real personable. My intention is to have a discussion and that's pretty much it.

Ok Way, just trying to be respectful. I'm guessing your not one of the guys going door to door, your not real personable. My intention is to have a discussion and that's pretty much it.
    Quite the contrary... I'm very nice and respectful, just not to Pretenders who are trying to sell me doctrine I know is trash, or try to tell me what it is I really believe.
    If you really wanted a discussion, then why not start by answering my question to your ***ertion.
    You stated that the verse which said that Jesus and the Father are one, mean that they were "equal" I.e. One and the same person. If true, then how do you reconcile the verse which tells us we are to be one with Christ the same way Christ is one with The Father? Are you implying we are equal to the Father?... .I won't even go into the verses which say Christ is eternally subordinate to the Father and what that means to you.