Thread: no need to restore the truth

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Hi Julie,

You continue to put the cart before horse. Once your spirit was dead. You had no communion with God at all. You didn’t have eyes for things of the Spirit. You didn’t have a love for God, or an interest in the Bible. Everything was dead. And then something happened. You were touched by the Spirit and you are alive. Your spirit is alive. The Spirit gives life to the spirit.
    Everybody needs that. I need it. Everybody in the world must be born again or they will not enter the kingdom of heaven. We are all born dead, just flesh. Paul said, “The mind of the flesh is hostile to God. It does not submit to God”. Rom 8:7
    It cannot do the things that God tells it to do. We are not getting anywhere with the demands of Jesus without being born again.
    Jesus says, “The wind ****s where it wills. You don’t know where it came from. You don’t know where it is going. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit” John 3:8 This is a sovereign free work of God. You don’t make it happen by all of a sudden loving Jesus or by doing works of obedience. One day you are bored by the Bible. You feel you have no need of Christ. Next day, you can’t get enough of this book and he is your Savior and Lord. What happened? A miracle happened. The new birth happened. But your works didn’t cause it to happen.
    What does the new birth have to do with your faith? We get an answer in 1 John 5:1 “Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God.” It doesn’t say everyone who loves Jesus or everyone who obeys Jesus, that comes next. If you are a believer, you have been born of God. It’s not the other way around. If I need to be born of God, I in my deadness do not now believe, as if a miracle will happen because I have now believed. No, the faith is the miracle. You have seen him as infinitely worthy, and you trust him. That is what God does for us, gives us a measure of faith.
    So, are you saying that God chooses whom He saves and the rest he leaves to dead? How does this scripture fit with that thought?

Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

With your thinking, wouldn't God save everyone--bring every spirit back to life so that they seek him?

Also, when John 3 speaks of being "born again"--to you, when were we born of the spirit the first time? As you referenced how the spirit works like the wind--and what it means to be born again. Clearly, Christ is speaking of to Nicodemus of a spiritual rebirth. So, when were you spiritually born the first time?

Lastly, your post doesn't address this scripture found in Acts 10 " Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Remember, Cornelius had no idea of Jesus Christ was until after he received a vision and went to Peter. It was Peter who then testified of Christ and only after that, we are told "While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word."

I have posted about Cornelius before, but you completely ignored this scripture, nor explained how it works with your theories.
    Last edited by BigJulie; 04-11-2017 at 08:51 PM.
    I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)--Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?