Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
Hi Julie,
The scripture you referenced from Romans is referring to the ***urance that born again believers can have, not referring to lost people. The scripture from Luke is talking about the gifts and influences of the Holy Spirit by which we are brought to know God and to believe and repent through the measure of faith first supplied by God. And by the way God did not create us to be filthy, man chose sin but I believe as 2 Peter 3 says God is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. But all won't.
I can understand your reasoning with Romans 8, if you read only the verses before, but listen to the verse afterward:

Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Why do you think it is "joint-heirs" with Christ?

Especially that we are taught this: Psa 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

(I have heard the argument that this was speaking to rulers or leaders in the church, but then why say "children of the most High"? --even to they were being chastised as wicked leaders who were NOT following God?)

And there is nothing in Luke 8, that indicates that Christ was only talking about gifts of the spirit.

Luk 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

As far as Peter, yes, I agree that God did not create us to be filthy, but then we start off pure and clean, because of the atonement, correct?

And if God is long-suffering towards us--doesn't that mean that HE is NOT a respecter of persons and will give the spirit to ANY who seek Him? And that if we choose to sin, we can also choose to seek God?

Why is it so important for you to deny your own personal responsibility toward God when the Bible states so clearly that you will be judged "according to your works."

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.