Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: no need to restore the truth

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by childofgod View Post

Jesus tells Mary, 3 days later, that he hadn't been to the Father yet..
    well.....thats not really what he said...
    Lets look and see what Jesus was actually talking about :

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

The thing to remember is that while some versions have the words, "Touch me not" this is an error.
    Its an error because in our English it gives us the natural idea that Mary could not even touch the body of Jesus.
    I have had to listen to whole sermons based on that error....on and on some guys go with this whole complected reason why Mary was not even allowed to touch Jesus.

All such sermons are based on error...

The truth is that Jesus tells Mary that she cant just hold on to him...and that she should not be afraid that he would suddenly disappear, rather he tells her that even their friends would be also able to see him .

So the idea is that Mary was hugging the stuffing out of Christ, and this is very easy to understand given the context in that he was stone cold dead a few moments ago.

So that is the first issue I wanted to clear up about the risen body of Christ.

alanmolstad

so what did he say then?

He talked about the fact that he had not "ascended" to the father yet.
    This is a fact.
    He had not yet ascended, for we know that this "ascending" was to happen another 40 some days into the future.
    When he did ascend, he did so in the open, where people watched him ascend.
    This means that what they saw was the "BODY" of Christ go up in to the air and a cloud received him at that point.

So this means that to "ascend" to the father, Jesus needed a body to go UP!.
    In fact, this ascending is all concerned with the "BODY" of Christ.

It is the "BODY" that ascends....for it is the thing people see go "up">

No body?...no seeing anything go up,
    therefore no ascending.

So when Jesus talked about not yet having "***ent"to the father, he was simply and only talking about his body.

The body of Christ had not yet ascended, and this is why Jesus told Mary that she didn't need to worry that he would suddenly disappear and no one would get to see him any more.
    The Body of Christ was going to be around for a while yet, and He told her that their friends would even get to see him too!

So in other words, what was Jesus really saying in today's English?
    The following:
    What he said was that Mary could let go on him right now, for he was not gone yet.
    And that she did not need to worry that she had to hold firmly on to him so that others could see him, because he would be sticking around for a time to allow all their friends to also see him and hold him as she was right then and now.

So, the ascending that Jesus was talking about was only concerning his risen body?......yes!

So this means that at his death his SPIRIT did go to be with the Father at the time of his death?......YES!!!!!!

It works out in the following way for both Jesus, and for all Christians at the time of their death and resirrection.
    We all die.
    We all have our dead bodies go into the grave.
    The Lost have their Spirits go to hell to await the resurrection and judgement
    The Christians have their spirits go to be with the lord, as happened also to the spirit of jesus at his death.

So while we are dead, our spirits are away from our bodies.
    This happened to Christ, it will happen to me also.

Now at the resurrection My Spirit will come with Christ and I will rise up out of the grave in a new everlasting body of flesh and bone,.
    I will at that point "ascend" into the air and meet the Lord there.

So this means that while I might be with the Lord in heaven after my death, I will not be there in a "BODY"...and it is only after I have been returned to a BODY that I speak of a person being able to "ascend" to heaven to be with the Lord.
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 06-28-2015 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last.
    The body of Christ died and went into the grave, but the spirit of Christ went into the loving hands of the Father.
    This is a Fact.
    This is what the Bible teaches.
    This is what happened.

This also is what happens...

This same thing is what happens to all Christians who have put their faith in the Lord.
    You die and your dead body goes into the grave just like the dead body of Christ died a normal death and went into a normal grave.
    And when we die while the dead body is like the dead body of Christ and is put under the ground, we also are just like Christ in that our spirit goes to the father.
    So that where the father is, that is where we will be.

Call it Paradise...call it heaven...call it the Kingdom or whatever you want, but the key thing to remember about it is that this is the same place where Christ's spirit went to along with the thief on the cross, and its where I will also go to at the moment of my own death too!
    No Christ did not go into the loving hands of His Father when He died, that is abundantly clear from the scriptures.
    I have no idea where you got that idea?
    The Grave, as those during Christ's time understood it,was the temporary abode where the spirit of ALL those who die go, good or bad.
    It was also called Hell, Hades, Paradise, Abraham's bosom but never Heaven. The verse would have been just as correctly translated had it read "Today you will be with me in Hell" as it meant the same thing.
    Do some research first before you think to school others who know better.
    The only difference with Christ is that death could not hold Him because He was not tainted by sin. Yet even then He remained in Hel (the temporary one) for three days before ascended to His Father.
    Last edited by theway; 06-28-2015 at 11:46 AM.

alanmolstad

So lets then now review what i have answered so far:

When Jesus died his body went into the grave and his spirit went into paradise ...this is also called being in the "hands" of the father....in other words "Heaven"

When after the resurrection Jesus told Mary that he had no yet ascended this was talking about the body that was now raised from the dead.
    the new body had not yet ascended and would not for some 40 days .

So this means that when I die my dead body goes into the grave and my spirit goes to heaven to be with the Lord.

Then at the 2nd coming of Christ i return with Christ and rise up in a new body.

In this new body I finally ascend in body form into heaven to meet the Lord in the air.
    and where Christ is now, is where I will forever be...

So lets then now review what i have answered so far:

When Jesus died his body went into the grave and his spirit went into paradise ...this is also called being in the "hands" of the father....in other words "Heaven"
    Well so far, all you have shown is that you have answered wrong on several different points.
    First, you ***ume that "the grave" only refers to the place where a person's body was placed; this is incorrect. "The Grave" has many different meanings in the Bible. Sheol or Hades is translated as the grave 31 times, yet Shoel or Hades is rendered to mean a place where our spirit goes when we die. It NEVER is meant as the place where the body goes. The place were the body is put when you die is called 'queber' which is sometimes rendered as the grave also.
    Likewise paradise can mean heaven, however it can also mean a place in Hades, hell, or Shoel and is also called Abraham's bosom.
    PARADISE noun
    1.heaven, as the final abode of the righteous.
    2.an intermediate place for the departed souls of the righteous awaiting resurrection.
    3.(often initial capital letter) Eden (def 1).
    4.a place of extreme beauty, delight, or happiness.
    5.a state of supreme happiness; bliss.

The only way to know which is which, and who went where, is by going back to the original context and understanding of the verses. From it we know for a fact that Jesus did not go to Heaven for those three days He was in the grave or hell.

When after the resurrection Jesus told Mary that he had no yet ascended this was talking about the body that was now raised from the dead.
    He meant both the spirit and the body had not yet ascended.
    the new body had not yet ascended and would not for some 40 days .
    The scriptures do not bare that out. Remember that He told Mary "Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. (John 20:17, KJV)... Yet later He not only has a problem with people touching Him, yet even invites them to.
    If you don't believe that, then at the very least you must admit that it can not be determined by these verses.
    So this means that when I die my dead body goes into the grave and my spirit goes to heaven to be with the Lord.
    Wiseful thinking on your part.

Then at the 2nd coming of Christ i return with Christ and rise up in a new body.
    Again, nothing more than wishful thinking. But I wish you all the luck at your salvation lotto spin.

In this new body I finally ascend in body form into heaven to meet the Lord in the air.
    and where Christ is now, is where I will forever be...
    Wait a minute??? Don't you guys believe that God is everywhere? If true, then it doesn't really matter where you go, does it?
    Last edited by theway; 06-28-2015 at 02:43 PM.

You should add "when we can just change the truth" to the ***le since that's what happened when different false doctrines were introduced like the trinity.
    Paul didn't say the Gospel wouldn't be lost. In fact, this was him foretelling of the Great Apostasy, something you don't believe in.

Paul didn't say joseph smith would molest children either. Nor did Paul say anything about 'holy underwear' to keep away evil spirits. Neither did he 'foretell of any 'COMPLETE' apostasy either, in which ANYTHING would be lost/removed/spilled/misplaced by CHRIST'S church.

Joey smith had to LIE about that to make his made-up religion look plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Paul didn't say joseph smith would molest children either.
    of course paul didn't say that. paul wouldn't have said something that was so false. he left that *** for 21st-century anti-mormons.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    of course paul didn't say that. paul wouldn't have said something that was so false. he left that *** for 21st-century anti-mormons.
    You are right that Paul would not say something false. He wrote the following in regard to Jesus and because we know it is true then Jesus cannot be a brother to satan, as He created all the angles and you will also notice Jesus is the head of the true church of which He said that even the gates of hell would not prevail against it. So the church was alive and spreading the Gospel from 33Ad right up to 1830 and is still doing it. No need for an addition to the Bible.
    "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence."

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    You are right that Paul would not say something false.
    but 2000 years later, some people are saying false things about what paul said. keep reading for examples.

He wrote the following in regard to Jesus and because we know it is true then Jesus cannot be a brother to satan, as He created all the angles
    example number one--i bolded it for you

and you will also notice Jesus is the head of the true church of which He said that even the gates of hell would not prevail against it. So the church was alive and spreading the Gospel from 33Ad right up to 1830 and is still doing it. No need for an addition to the Bible.
    but the bible has had things added to it. things such as the new testament, which was added to the bible that had been complete (according to israel) since the book of malachi was finished and added to it.

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    don't you mean "the firstborn OF all creation" ?

it's written that way in the bible that many christians use. so how can it be a lie?

For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible,
    so you believe that jesus created every single invisible thing that is in heaven?
    but don't you believe that Jesus' Father in heaven is invisible, and in heaven?

then you believe that Jesus created His Father.

paul never said that.

example number two, i guess.

but 2000 years later, some people are saying false things about what paul said. keep reading for examples.

example number one--i bolded it for you

but the bible has had things added to it. things such as the new testament, which was added to the bible that had been complete (according to israel) since the book of malachi was finished and added to it.

don't you mean "the firstborn OF all creation" ?

it's written that way in the bible that many christians use. so how can it be a lie?

so you believe that jesus created every single invisible thing that is in heaven?
    but don't you believe that Jesus' Father in heaven is invisible, and in heaven?

then you believe that Jesus created His Father.

paul never said that.

example number two, i guess.
    Come on Phoenix, I gave you Colossians 1:15-18 right from the Bible, the New Testament is part of the Bible last I checked.
    If you disagree with Col 1:15-18 you are disagreeing with God not me.

alanmolstad

God is not a "thing"
    God is not created...

God created all "things"

So there is God.....and there are "things"
    The two are totally different and should not be confused with each other...

alanmolstad

but don't you believe that Jesus' Father in heaven is invisible, .
    Jesus Christ is the image of the "invisible God"

alanmolstad

And you just admit God and Jesus are separate beings.
    The Father is God Almighty
    The Son is God Almighty
    The Spirit is God Almighty....yet there are not 3 gods ,just the One God!

The 3 persons are the One God.

alanmolstad

3 persons...One God....someone can't read...

3 persons = 3 Gods
    Nothing in scripture supports Paganism

TRUE, NOTHING IN SCRIPTURE SUPPORTS MORMONISM.

NOTHING IN SCRIPTURE SUPPORTS 3 REAL GODS EITHER.

3 GODS contradicts Isaiah 43:10, 44:6, 44,10 etc etc etc

Yet mormonism teaches 3 GODS ANYWAY (pbp abraham 4:1ff)

Mormonism contradicts JESUS CHRIST. Mormonism contradicts GOD. Mormonism is a PAGAN religion, invented (made-up) by joey smith. Mormonism is NOT CHRISTIAN, DOES NOT WORSHIP THE GOD OF THE BIBLE.

You mean the invisible God Stephen saw for himself as described in Acts? Not just God's glory, but God himself. You know, the part where he knew there was a difference between the Father and Son?
    Try again. . .you failed on this one.

GOD DOES NOT LIE; HE DOES NOT CONTRADICT HIMSELF. Only pagans like the mormons believe He does.

Default Mormonism's INVENTOR, joey smith lied.

No I didn't. Have you ever made it to Acts? Stephen sees the Father and Son both just before his martyrdom.

You mean AS HE DIED?

AND LET'S SEE WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS. . .
    Acts 7:54-56
    54 When they heard these things they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed at him with their teeth. 55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, 56 and said, "Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!"
    NKJV

You think this was all PHYSICAL 'seeing?'

FULL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. . .means nothing to you?

You think GOD CONTRADICTS HIMSELF?

1 Tim 1:17
    17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
    NKJVCol 1:15-16
    15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    NKJV

YOUR gods may contradict themselves (and each other), but the REAL GOD, THE ONLY GOD, THE GOD OF THE BIBLE does not.

YOUR CULT'S INVENTER lied, of course.

Grandma

Greetings,
    Paul wrote the following,
    “I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.” Gal 1:6-9
    The Gospel message preached by the Apostles and recorded in the New Testament was and is true and complete, and can be either accepted or rejected. There has never been a need for a "restored" gospel. I do not say this with disdain, as I am sure Joseph Smith was indeed searching for truth and you who are Mormons are sincere in your belief as I am in mine, but only one can be right. And since Joseph Smith seems to have done the exact thing Paul warned against, adding to a Gospel that was already complete and declared finished by Jesus Christ and receiving new information form an angel, wouldn't the New Testament account be more reliable than extra-biblical books added in the 1800's? The Gospel didn't need to be restored just preached.
    Grandma reads it and shouts, "Amen!"

“God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds.” Heb 1:1-2

The last days begin with the coming of the Son into the world. We have been living in the last days since the days of Christ - that is, the last days of history as we know it before the final and full establishment of the kingdom of God. The point for the writer of Hebrews is this: The Word that God spoke by his Son is the decisive Word. It will not be followed in this age by any greater word or replacement word. This is the Word of God the person of Jesus, the teaching of Jesus, and the work of Jesus.

MickeyS

Greetings,
    Paul wrote the following,
    “I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.” Gal 1:6-9
    The Gospel message preached by the Apostles and recorded in the New Testament was and is true and complete, and can be either accepted or rejected. There has never been a need for a "restored" gospel. I do not say this with disdain, as I am sure Joseph Smith was indeed searching for truth and you who are Mormons are sincere in your belief as I am in mine, but only one can be right. And since Joseph Smith seems to have done the exact thing Paul warned against, adding to a Gospel that was already complete and declared finished by Jesus Christ and receiving new information form an angel, wouldn't the New Testament account be more reliable than extra-biblical books added in the 1800's? The Gospel didn't need to be restored just preached.
    I have a question, in total curiosity, because I haven't heard it asked. Is there anything at all in the Bible that states God will NEVER speak to man again? Because while I understand what Paul is saying, if God speaks to man regardless, we have to listen. And I still can see where the gospel could have been distorted from what Paul is saying already...since Paul isn't around to give any one sect the seal of approval lol. Anyway....is it a widely held belief that God would never speak to man again after the death of Christ, and if so, where is that spoke of in the Bible?

Thank you

Edit....I guess you are addressing that with the verse from Hebrews...is that what you're saying states God will never speak through men again?
    Last edited by MickeyS; 10-26-2015 at 11:46 AM.

MickeyS

You mean AS HE DIED?

AND LET'S SEE WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS. . .
    Acts 7:54-56
    54 When they heard these things they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed at him with their teeth. 55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, 56 and said, "Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!"
    NKJV

You think this was all PHYSICAL 'seeing?'

FULL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. . .means nothing to you?

You think GOD CONTRADICTS HIMSELF?

1 Tim 1:17
    17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
    NKJVCol 1:15-16
    15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    NKJV

YOUR gods may contradict themselves (and each other), but the REAL GOD, THE ONLY GOD, THE GOD OF THE BIBLE does not.

YOUR CULT'S INVENTER lied, of course.
    Invisible means "unseen" not that He is actually invisible. There's plenty of biblical verses that show He is not invisible.

It begins from the creation of man made in the "image" of God

Definition of image
    a representation of the external form of a person or thing.
    synonyms: likeness, resemblance;

Jesus says if you have seen Him you have seen God. Jesus looks just like His Father.

Plus Jesus has seen what His Father has done.

Please explain how this is so if God is invisible. And how you know for a definite fact that your interpretation of these verses are the correct ones.

Thanks~
    Last edited by MickeyS; 10-26-2015 at 12:16 PM.

Default Invisible DOESN'T mean invisible? You think God lied?

Mickey posted:

Invisible means "unseen" not that He is actually invisible. There's plenty of biblical verses that show He is not invisible.

Invisible doesn't mean invisible? You think God lied when He led Paul to write:

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    NKJV

It begi
    ns from the creation of man made in the "image" of God

The INVISIBLE IMAGE, of God.

Definition of image

Now for the REAL definition of the word used in Genesis 1:27, instead of YOUR SELF-MADE-UP PIECE OF MODERN ENGLISH daffynishun:

OT:6754
    tselem (tseh'-lem); from an unused root meaning to shade; a phantom, i.e. (figuratively) illusion, resemblance; hence, a representative figure, especially an idol:
    (Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Of course IN YOUR IGNORANCE you would not know that was what the word REALLY meant. And IF YOU CAN READ, you should notice there is NOTHING THERE about "external" anything at all.

Jesus says if you have seen Him you have seen God. Jesus looks just like His Father.

Please explain how this is so if God is invisible.

ONLY if you 'read into the text' junk that is NOT THERE. Of myself, I can say if you have seen my son, you have seen me too. He doesn't look a BIT like me (and he is glad. . . ) But he LIVES like me, THINKS like me, ACTS A LOT like me.

That IDIOM does NOT need to refer to ANYTHING PHYSICAL AT ALL.

Your ignorance is showing.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyS View Post
    I have a question, in total curiosity, because I haven't heard it asked. Is there anything at all in the Bible that states God will NEVER speak to man again? Because while I understand what Paul is saying, if God speaks to man regardless, we have to listen. And I still can see where the gospel could have been distorted from what Paul is saying already...since Paul isn't around to give any one sect the seal of approval lol. Anyway....is it a widely held belief that God would never speak to man again after the death of Christ, and if so, where is that spoke of in the Bible?

Thank you

Edit....I guess you are addressing that with the verse from Hebrews...is that what you're saying states God will never speak through men again?
    Speaking of the Gospel, the gospel revelation is excellent above anything former and there is no need for any other in the future; in that it is a revelation which God has made by his Son.

MickeyS

Speaking of the Gospel, the gospel revelation is excellent above anything former and there is no need for any other in the future; in that it is a revelation which God has made by his Son.
    I still don't see where it says that. I see Paul explaining the nature of Jesus Christ to the Hebrews..and in the context of that whole section it speaks of Christ's nature, not specifically of the gospel or that God will never again speak to man. How do you know that's what it means? I'm just asking because it doesn't say that, no rudeness implied. And if God speaks to man, I don't think we can ignore it. Thanks~

MickeyS

Mickey posted:

Invisible doesn't mean invisible? You think God lied when He led Paul to write:

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    NKJV

It begi
    ns from the creation of man made in the "image" of God

The INVISIBLE IMAGE, of God.

Definition of image

Now for the REAL definition of the word used in Genesis 1:27, instead of YOUR SELF-MADE-UP PIECE OF MODERN ENGLISH daffynishun:

OT:6754
    tselem (tseh'-lem); from an unused root meaning to shade; a phantom, i.e. (figuratively) illusion, resemblance; hence, a representative figure, especially an idol:
    (Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Of course IN YOUR IGNORANCE you would not know that was what the word REALLY meant. And IF YOU CAN READ, you should notice there is NOTHING THERE about "external" anything at all.

Please explain how this is so if God is invisible.

ONLY if you 'read into the text' junk that is NOT THERE. Of myself, I can say if you have seen my son, you have seen me too. He doesn't look a BIT like me (and he is glad. . . ) But he LIVES like me, THINKS like me, ACTS A LOT like me.

That IDIOM does NOT need to refer to ANYTHING PHYSICAL AT ALL.

Your ignorance is showing.
    Thank you for the information about the word tselem and actually these are the definitions

images (of tumours, mice, heathen gods)
    image, likeness (of resemblance)
    mere, empty, image, semblance (fig.)

So go a little further down in the Strongs Concordance and you'll see the different definitions and the verses affiliated with each definition

2 image, likeness, of resemblance, ׳בְּצ (בָּרָא) עָשָׂה, of God's making man in his own image, Genesis 1:26("" כִּדְמוּתֵנוּ), Genesis 1:27; Genesis 1:27; Genesis 9:6, ׳כְּצ Genesis 5:3 ("" בִּדְמוּתוֺ; all P).

3 figurative = mere, empty, image, semblance, ׳בְּצ Psalm 39:7 as (ב essentiae) a (mere) semblance man walks about; צַלְמָם תִּבְזֶה Psalm 73:20 thou wilt despise their semblance.

So the verse in Genesis means the actual resemblance, not figurative. And invisible means "unseen" as in He does not show Himself, not that He cannot show Himself.

And in the case of God and Jesus Christ, they do look alike.

How is Jesus God with a physical body if God doesn't and never will have a physical body?

Thanks!
    Last edited by MickeyS; 10-26-2015 at 04:12 PM.