Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why should we pick YOURS?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    But the Catholic Church is built on the truth that Jesus is the Savior and the Son of God---that's part of the church's foundational tenets or core beliefs.

and you said that Jesus stated that He would build His church on the truth that He is the Savior and the Son of God. There was and is no need for any other church to be built or restored

that means that if we believe your logic, there was no need for Protestant churches to be created.
    I'm not asking you to believe my logic, the Catholic church named everyone who didn't fall in line with their teaching as Protestants. Catholics actually put their trust in the "church" and the Pope whom they have been trained to call "Holy Father". They must be members of the catholic organization and perform certain prescribed works to be saved. That is not biblical doctrine but catholic doctrine. The Gospel according to Jesus does not need the pope, veneration of Mary and "saints" (they can't hear anyone's prayers) or any other extra-biblical doctrine.

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    I'm not asking you to believe my logic,
    Aren't your conclusions based on your logic? if yes, then aren't you asking us to believe that your logic is valid?

the Catholic church named everyone who didn't fall in line with their teaching as Protestants.
    and protestants named everyone who didn't fall in line with their teachings as heretics, etc.

Catholics actually put their trust in the "church" and the Pope whom they have been trained to call "Holy Father". They must be members of the catholic organization and perform certain prescribed works to be saved. That is not biblical doctrine but catholic doctrine. The Gospel according to Jesus does not need the pope, veneration of Mary and "saints" (they can't hear anyone's prayers) or any other extra-biblical doctrine.
    I bet that most Catholics would tell you that their faith and their hope for salvation is based on the truth that Jesus is the Savior and the Son of God. They may believe their top human leader is more inspired and infallible than he really is, but that doesn't mean they reject the truth that Jesus is the Savior and the Son of God. And despite a number of incorrect teachings that are taught by the RCC, your logic is that as long as the church is built on the truth that Jesus is the Savior and the Son of God, then there is no reason for any other church existing. Such as Protestant churches.

On the other hand, one Protestant, Pastor Roger Williams, came to believe that no church on earth, including his own Baptist church, had members with the authority to "administer any Church ordinance: nor can there be, until new apostles are sent by the great Head of the Church, for whose coming I am seeking....the apostasy ... hath so far corrupted all, that there can be no recovery out of that apostasy until Christ shall send forth new apostles to plant churches anew."

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Well, it's been a week, and no one has offered a single reason to choose any Protestant church. Are there any conclusions we can draw from that fact?
    Let's see now. . .Jesus didn't START a 'religious organization,' He started a CHURCH, an ***embly of folks called together for a purpose.

We CHRISTIANS can worship IN SPIRIT AND IN IN TRUTH in any Bible church, Baptist church, Evangelical Free church, ***emblies of God church, calvary chapel church, BUT NOT in your mormon places OR in the branch davidian places, OR in the white supremecist places.

In other words, we can worship with CHRISTIAN churches, but we have no interest in worshiping with the cultists in THEIR places.

I notice too, that when I started a thread asking
    WHY SHOULD ANYONE PICK YOUR SPLINTER of joseph smith's church, YOU CANNOT GIVE US A COHERENT REASON WHY.

Are there any conclusions we can draw from THAT fact?

EACH MORMON GROUP EXCLUDES THE OTHERS AS 'FALSE." SO WHY IS YOURS NOT FALSE, BUT THE OTHERS ARE? Hmmmmmmmmm????

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Let's see now. . .Jesus didn't START a 'religious organization,' He started a CHURCH, an ***embly of folks called together for a purpose.
    Silly word games.

church noun \ˈchərch\
    1 : a building for public and especially Christian worship
    2 : the clergy or officialdom of a religious body
    3 often capitalized : a body or organization of religious believers: as
    a : the whole body of Christians
    b : denomination <the Presbyterian church>
    c : congregation
    4 : a public divine worship <goes to church every Sunday>
    5 : the clerical profession <considered the church as a possible career>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/church
    It's been 16 days, and you are still unable to offer a single reason to choose any Protestant church.

alanmolstad

[COLOR=#0000FF]Let's see now. . .Jesus didn't START a 'religious organization,' He started a CHURCH, ]
    Good post!

Default cog can't deal with the TRUTH.

the kid posted:

God told me this is His church. That's reason enough. If God says something is true, that thing is true. You can't disprove God because you'll be wrong every time.

EXCEPT that THE REAL GOD told me (AND MANY OTHERS) that YOUR god LIED. He showed me MANY places where joey smith contradicted himself, contradicted what THE REAL GOD had said in the Bible, etc.

I'll believe the REAL God of the Bible.

Did you just say we can't worship? Pretty sure the Cons***ution disagrees. Anyone can worship anything anywhere. We worship God the Father.

Yet you SAY you 'have to do with' only Him. THEN you try to tell us Jesus is ANOTHER GOD and the Holy Spirit is a THIRD GOD

THEN your cult tells you that there are MANY true gods on MANY PLANETS and THAT YOU CAN BECOME A GOD YOURSELF.

The GOD OF THE BIBLE says:

Isa 43:10-11
    10 "You are My witnesses," says the Lord,
    "And My servant whom I have chosen,
    That you may know and believe Me,
    And understand that I am He.
    Before Me there was no God formed,
    Nor shall there be after Me.
    11 I, even I, am the Lord,
    And besides Me there is no savior.
    NKJV

Isa 44:6
    6 "Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel,
    And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
    'I am the First and I am the Last;
    Besides Me there is no God.
    NKJV

Isa 44:8
    8 Do not fear, nor be afraid;
    Have I not told you from that time, and declared it?
    You are My witnesses.
    Is there a God besides Me?
    Indeed there is no other Rock;
    I know not one.'"
    NKJV

You worship a gigantic Godlike monster called the trinity. You say you don't worship the Holy Ghost but God only and then turn around and say they're all supposedly one God of one substance.

The Father is God
    Jesus is God
    The Holy Spirit is God
    THEY ARE ONE GOD (see the p***ages above. . .ONLY ONE GOD EXISTS ANYWHERE)

We label that 'Trinity.'

Not godlike moster. Not 'saying we don't worship' God. NONE of the trash-talk you like to make about God. SIMPLY THE TRUTH

Each of us members of Jesus Christ's church have given reasons to join His church.

Each of us CHRISTIANS have been given reasons BY GOD NOT TO join joey smith's religion.

We've given evidence that the teachings are true; however, truth is ultimately found through the Holy Ghost answering our prayers to the Father.

You were given a 'tummy twitch' by some demon, NOT BY THE GOD OF THE BIBLE, since your false gods, false prophets (who can't prophesy), and false christ are all creations of joey smith, not from the BIBLICAL GOD AT ALL.

If not from THE GOD OF THE BIBLE, then most likely from a DEMON.

Try asking God if the Book of Mormon is true with an OPEN MIND and open heart instead of saying "OK God, I already believe that book is false. Don't tell me it's true because if it is, that means I'm wrong and that just can't happen." Try asking "Is the Book of Mormon from you?" A simple yes or no question. Its very specific. Until then, you've not really asked God

I DID THAT, about 43 years ago, with nothing in my desire other than to serve and love God IN ANY PLACE HE WANTED ME TO BE. I would have become a muslim if the BIBLICAL GOD had wanted me to.

GOD TOLD ME (just as He has told countless others who have done the same thing) "NO" the book of mormon is NOT from God.

YOU CANNOT DEAL WITH THAT, CAN YOU?
    Last edited by Christian; 07-19-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Nobody seems to be able to tell us why anyone should pick the utah mormon splinter group or believe it is the same church joseph smith built. . .Geeee, I WONDER WHY

kid posted
    Originally Posted by ChristianWhat praytell, do YOU know about logic?

We CHRISTIANS live by the Word of God (the BIBLE). We do NOT follow false prophets, charlitans, fairytale spinners such as joseph smith, david koresh, jim jones or the like. INSTEAD, we serve the LORD as the BIBLE has revealed HIM.

You mormons may follow joey smith if you wish.

But ANY CHRISTIAN church beats following the fraud and false prophet joey smith.

Perhaps YOU don't understand what the TRUTH looks like. . .
    Yeah because we Mormons never know anything about logic (please tell me you know what sarcasm is).

It's a cheap form of humor YOU are trying to learn to use, apparently. . .

You have never lived by what the scriptures teach, just what you've been taught through tradition.

PLEASE TELL US WHO TAUGHT ME through 'tradition?' I have lived by what the SCRIPTURES (THE BIBLE) teach for about 43 years now. . .I have studied the Bible for over a half-century.

How much STUDY OF THE BIBLE ALONE DO YOU DO? A couple minutes a day, with your mormon junk telling you 'what it must mean?'

I'll never follow those who are Protestants.

I've never met a member of the protestant religion. Where are their headquarters? Where are their leaders.

THE TRUTH IS that the roman catholic religion INVENTED the 'protestant religion,' an imaginary group in which they "lump" ALL non-CATHOLICS including mormons, branch davidians, jonestown temple folks, etc.

I don't follow any members of any 'protestant religion' either. I follow the Jesus Christ of the BIBLE, the GOD OF THE BIBLE, and none other.

They do not believe in prophets, except dead ones.

So you don't believe the prophets of the BIBLE are alive and well in heaven? They are just 'DEAD?'

I pity you.

The 'prophets' of your cult haven't been able to PROPHESY in over 75 years that I am aware of. NO NEW REVELATION FROM THEM! Just the same old dung.

They do not believe in revelation, except those which already came.

YOUR CULT doesn't believe in 'continuing revelation,' though they claim to. THE TRUTH IS that your 'prophets' for many generations have been COMPLETELY UNABLE TO PROPHESY or to reveal ANYTHING NEW FROM GOD AT ALL.

They do not believe in the priesthood, something that was an essential teaching in the New Testament church.

Yet you cannot find ONE SINGLE AARONIC PRIEST in the New Testament church, NOR ONE SINGLE MELCHIZEDEK PRIEST other than Jesus Christ and Melchizedek himself ANYWHERE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH.

SHOW US YOUR "MORMON PRIESTHOODS" IN THE NEW TESTAMENT IF YOU THINK YOU CAN FIND THEM!
    They don't seem to BE there. . .ANYWHERE

They do not believe we lived with God even though the Bible says we did.

WHEN AND WHERE does the BIBLE say you ever lived with God. CHAPTER AND VERSE PLEASE!

More fantasyland from the kid.

There is no protestant church that can come close to the church of Jesus Christ. Protestants don't understand truth because they reject the Holy Ghost.

Please SHOW US EVEN ONE CHRISTIAN church that rejects the Holy Ghost. We REJECT YOUR DEMONS. The Holy Ghost lives WITHIN EVERY CHRISTIAN EVERYWHERE (Romans 8:1-11)

Rev 21:8
    8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
    NKJV

I will continue to pray for your lost soul.

Nobody seems to be able to tell us why anyone should pick the utah mormon splinter group or believe it is the same church joseph smith built. . .Geeee, I WONDER WHY
    That's okay; nobody has been able to tell us why anyone should pick any Protestant sect. Perhaps you should start wondering why that is.

That's okay; nobody has been able to tell us why anyone should pick any Protestant sect. Perhaps you should start wondering why that is.
    i have a theory, it could be wrong but...

those sects, after being at each others' throats through much of their history, have, in the last 100 years or so, reached a sort of uneasy truce where they agree not to claim their own sect is more correct than the others, or that another sect is less correct than others. they realize they will never be united, and they still compete for members, but they don't overtly tell people "our church is closer to jesus' original church than the one down the street" etc. the most they might do in salesmanship is to mention that they have a full-time youth pastor or a full-service daycare, or, like calvary chapels, a full-service coffee/cappuccino bar on the premises, as "little" incentives to join them instead of the one down the street that doesn't have such amenities.

alanmolstad

i have a theory, it could be wrong but...

those sects, after being at each others' throats through much of their history, have, in the last 100 years or so, reached a sort of uneasy truce where they agree not to claim their own sect is more correct than the others, or that another sect is less correct than others. they realize they will never be united, and they still compete for members, but they don't overtly tell people "our church is closer to jesus' original church than the one down the street" etc. the most they might do in salesmanship is to mention that they have a full-time youth pastor or a full-service daycare, or, like calvary chapels, a full-service coffee/cappuccino bar on the premises, as "little" incentives to join them instead of the one down the street that doesn't have such amenities.

thats odd a Mormon would even.......but never mind.

I think its a bit more to the core of what mormonism was and and has always been based on that drives the people to split off and start their own Mormon church.
    http://www.apologeticsindex.org/680-polygamy-sects

in other words....."sex"

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    thats odd a Mormon would even.......but never mind.
    it's odd that a mormon would even include the idea of a coffee bar as a possible inducement to come to calv. chapel instead of to baptist church in the neighborhood? why is that odd? as i said, churches need SOMETHING to get people to join with them in worship instead of with a competing protestant church. they are limited in what they can offer, though, because of the unwritten truce that forbids one from bad-mouthing another. the protestant and nondemoms in my city advertise on their signs things like "This Sunday: Special Guest Pastor __ ______" to get people to want to attend. i don't really see anything wrong with such things. every church wants to stand out, probably. it's a weekly struggle to keep the church viable, keep a critical m*** of members so the church doesn't have to shut down.

recently in the news: a Tennessee Baptist church's membership had dwindled so low that it was facing shutting down because it couldn't pay the bills to keep the church open. the pastor reluctantly put the church up for sale, but by a small miracle, an Arabic Baptist congregation needed a place to worship, so they bought it and allowed the SBC to continue to meet there.

phoenix posted:

it's odd that a mormon would even include the idea of a coffee bar as a possible inducement to come to calv. chapel instead of to baptist church in the neighborhood? why is that odd? as i said, churches need SOMETHING to get people to join with them in worship instead of with a competing protestant church.

Doesn't your mormo-specific supposedly 'holy book' of the pgp tell you NOT TO DRINK COFFEE? I thought it did.

they are limited in what they can offer, though, because of the unwritten truce that forbids one from bad-mouthing another. the protestant and nondemoms in my city advertise on their signs things like "This Sunday: Special Guest Pastor __ ______" to get people to want to attend.

Please show us PROOF of any "unwritten truce that forbids one from bad-mouthing another." YOU CANNOT BECAUSE NO SUCH "TRUCE" EXISTS EXCEPT IN YOUR MIND. And how stupid is that, as Jay Leno would say?

i don't really see anything wrong with such things. every church wants to stand out, probably. it's a weekly struggle to keep the church viable, keep a critical m*** of members so the church doesn't have to shut down.

Let's see now. . .at Pentecost they had loud wind noise, tongues as of fire landing on people, and people speaking in languages they had never learned.

recently in the news: a Tennessee Baptist church's membership had dwindled so low that it was facing shutting down because it couldn't pay the bills to keep the church open. the pastor reluctantly put the church up for sale, but by a small miracle, an Arabic Baptist congregation needed a place to worship, so they bought it and allowed the SBC to continue to meet there.

Do you think buildings are of major importance to God? We have a Bible church locally that meets in a 7th day Adventist building on Sundays, has for years. Usually a couple of hundred and fifty or so adults each week. . .BOTH congregations, Bible church and 7th Day Adventist CHRISTIAN congregations meet there.

I know. . .mormons are trapped into sitting there to listen to their boring leaders because they have to attend their LOCAL ward. . .They cannot go to a different building under different leaders if their local leader goes off on a twit.

I AM correct in that matter, aren't I?

If you READ my posts I showed you why being Baptist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, ***embly of God, Bible church etc makes no difference. We are CHRISTIAN congregations of CHRIST'S CHURCH, unlike the mormons, white supremecists, branch davidians, etc which are cults and not of Jesus Christ at all.

You STILL cannot justify your membership in the utah mormons instead of the flds, rlds, or temple lot lds. ALL of your mormo splinter-groups hate each other; NONE have fellowship with any of the others.

Doesn't your mormo-specific supposedly 'holy book' of the pgp tell you NOT TO DRINK COFFEE? I thought it did.
    your thought is incorrect. There is nothing in the Pearl of Great Price that warns against drinking coffee.

Please show us PROOF of any "unwritten truce that forbids one from bad-mouthing another."
    The history of Protestantism is part of the proof. In the early centuries of Protestantism, the splintered sects bad-mouthed each other a lot, and even escalated things to violence against each other. But more recently, you won't see them doing it even 1% as much as back then. What happened, that caused this remarkable change in how they treated each other? Did they suddenly all wake up one morning and stop believing that the others were teaching false doctrines? why aren't you screaming at, criticizing, denouncing as non-Christian, and killing each other anymore?

Another part of the proof was just provided by you, when you said
    " being Baptist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, ***embly of God, Bible church etc makes no difference. We are CHRISTIAN congregations of CHRIST'S CHURCH..."

THAT is the basic substance of the truce. you decided which of you were going to be in the "club of churches that will no longer bad-mouth each other" and the justification was that you're all appendages of Christ's church, and that's what really matters.

And how stupid is that, as Jay Leno would say?
    you think it's stupid for a bunch of churches that used to bad-mouth each other, to agree to stop, for the mutual benefit of all of them? I don't think it's that stupid. it may be disingenuous, but it seems pretty pragmatic to me.

Do you think buildings are of major importance to God?
    how did you infer THAT from the story? the point was that some churches aren't retaining enough members to keep paying for a place to meet. even in Jesus' day, the members thought it was important to meet in a building of some sort.

I AM correct in that matter, aren't I?
    No. You are pretty incorrect, IMO.

phoenix posted:
    Please show us PROOF of any "unwritten truce that forbids one from bad-mouthing another."
    The history of Protestantism is part of the proof. In the early centuries of Protestantism, the splintered sects bad-mouthed each other a lot, and even escalated things to violence against each other. But more recently, you won't see them doing it even 1% as much as back then. What happened, that caused this remarkable change in how they treated each other? Did they suddenly all wake up one morning and stop believing that the others were teaching false doctrines? why aren't you screaming at, criticizing, denouncing as non-Christian, and killing each other anymore?

In other words, YOU CANNOT PRODUCE ANY EVIDENCE at all. ALL you have is "your opinion" which of course is worth exactly nothing.

Another part of the proof was just provided by you, when you said
    " being Baptist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, ***embly of God, Bible church etc makes no difference. We are CHRISTIAN congregations of CHRIST'S CHURCH..."

THAT is the basic substance of the truce.

No 'truce' necessary. No 'war' except in the minds of a few cultists. We CHRISTIANS have ALWAYS BEEN ONE BODY, the BODY OF CHRIST. Jesus built one church, one body. NOT a social/financial/religious/political oligarchy.

you decided which of you were going to be in the "club of churches that will no longer bad-mouth each other" and the justification was that you're all appendages of Christ's church, and that's what really matters.

IF you HONESTLY think such a 'club' exists, then you should be able to POINT US TO THE CLUBHOUSE LOCATION, NAME AT LEAST ONE OF ITS OFFICERS, AND SHOW US SOME KIND OF 'ARTICLES OF FAITH.'

Of course you cannot because it does not exist.

you think it's stupid for a bunch of churches that used to bad-mouth each other, to agree to stop, for the mutual benefit of all of them?

No, I think it is stupid for your cult to teach you such a lie and I think it is stupid that you fell for it.

I don't think it's that stupid. it may be disingenuous, but it seems pretty pragmatic to me.

ONLY IF such a 'war' existed, but Christ's body is not divided against itself; never has been.

Your cult has lied to you.

Do you think buildings are of major importance to God?
    how did you infer THAT from the story? the point was that some churches aren't retaining enough members to keep paying for a place to meet. even in Jesus' day, the members thought it was important to meet in a building of some sort.

Let's see now. . .they met in homes, fields, at the local Jewish temple courtyards.
    No CHRISTIAN temples anywhere. But SEVERAL different names such as 'The church of the Laodiceans,' 'The church of God in Christ Jesus,' 'The church of the Thessalonians, etc etc etc.

Just like the Presbyterians, Methodists, ***emblies of God, Baptists. . .like that.

But of course the church of joey smith didn't exist until the 1800's, almost 2,000 years LATER, and it was NEVER PART OF CHRIST'S BODY AT ALL.

In other words, YOU CANNOT PRODUCE ANY EVIDENCE at all
    so you call the history of reformationism "no evidence at all" ? why do you think so little of your history?

maybe you are in denial that your history really occurred. are you like the holocaust deniers, who claim that the nazi regime didn't really kill millions of jews in some evil extermination attempt? they say that the holocaust was just made up by some evil jews with a persecution complex.

ALL you have is "your opinion" which of course is worth exactly nothing.
    so then your opinion of my comments is....worth exactly nothing, since it's just your opinion.

No 'truce' necessary.
    if the splintered pieces of the reformation didn't need a truce, they would still be killing each other like sunni muslims are still killing shiite muslims. but thankfully for reformationists, they DID stop killing each other. there must have been something that caused the killing to stop.

1--maybe one side killed the other side completely off, that's one way to stop further killing.
    2--or maybe both sides got together and said "look, this is nuts, we should stop the fighting and start acting like christians."

your opinion regarding which of those scenarios happened, is, of course, worth exactly nothing, but maybe the readers can benefit from the exercise in logical thinking.

No 'war' except in the minds of a few cultists.
    are you saying that only a few cultists believe that severe fighting occurred between factions of protestantism in the 16th-18th centuries?

if so, then to you, virtually all historians and history books that cover the history of protestantism are "a few cultists."
    which seems like pretty strange thinking.

We CHRISTIANS have ALWAYS BEEN ONE BODY, the BODY OF CHRIST.
    only the christians who demonstrate it in their behavior.

here's part of a song for you:

"If we are the body
    Why aren't His arms reaching?
    Why aren't His hands healing?
    Why aren't His words teaching?
    And if we are the body
    Why aren't His feet going?
    Why is His love not showing them there is a way?"

IF you HONESTLY think such a 'club' exists, then you should be able to POINT US TO THE CLUBHOUSE LOCATION
    you think that if there isn't a physical structure to meet in, there can't be a club? really?

NAME AT LEAST ONE OF ITS OFFICERS
    the pastor of every church that is part of the "agreement."

AND SHOW US SOME KIND OF 'ARTICLES OF FAITH.'
    already did. the unwritten rule is "those of us in the churches that we have agreed are 'real' christian churches, must not accuse each other of being heretical or less christian than any of the other churches in the club."

Of course you cannot because it does not exist.
    your denial of the reality that there is a group of protestant churches that won't badmouth each other, doesn't make the reality any less real. go ask a missouri synod lutheran pastor to tell you why his church is better than the sbc baptist church. ask him to list the false, unbiblical doctrines that the other church teaches. i bet he won't do it.

or, go ask an elca lutheran pastor why his/her church is better than the methodist or presbyterian church. ask him/her to list the false, unbiblical doctrines that the other churches teach. i bet he/she won't do it.

"we are all part of the body, no piece of it is more right, or more wrong, than any other piece of it."

then get a history book and learn why calvin had servetus murdered. then tell me it wasn't because they disagreed over whose doctrines were more biblical.

I think it is stupid for your cult to teach you such a lie and I think it is stupid that you fell for it.
    in your opinion, the following statement is a lie?

"a bunch of churches that used to bad-mouth each other, agreed to stop, for the mutual benefit of all of them"

gee, it's a good thing that your opinion is worth exactly nothing.

Grandma

Protestants, this thread is for you to tell us why we should choose <insert favorite Protestant sect/movement here> over the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Objective reasons preferred, as opposed to subjective opinions and personal beliefs.
    God's choices are ALWAYS superior to our own.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    God's choices are ALWAYS superior to our own.
    That's great. So can you tell us why we should choose any Protestant sect over the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? No one else has been able to so far.

Grandma

That's great. So can you tell us why we should choose any Protestant sect over the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? No one else has been able to so far.
    My Bible says to beware of false prophets and teachers. The only way ro identify false teachers is to know the word of God.

Psalm 119:11
    Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

God adds people to His church --- we don't. He never says, "Come unto my church." Instead He brings the sheep to the Shepherd --- it is the Shepherd Who saves us.

John 8:12
    Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Verses that are sometimes overlooked:
    John 3
    25 Then there arose a question between some of John's disciples and the Jews about purifying. 26 And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him. 27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. 28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. 29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

I urge you to carefully read the New Testament. It contains so much truth and instruction.

In Christian love,

Grandma

My Bible says to beware of false prophets and teachers. The only way ro identify false teachers is to know the word of God.
    so that answers Erundur's question?

(can you tell us why we should choose any Protestant sect over the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?)

what if a person believes that the word of God is telling him to beware of the false prophets and teachers of protestantism?

Grandma

(can you tell us why we should choose any Protestant sect over the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?)

what if a person believes that the word of God is telling him to beware of the false prophets and teachers of protestantism?
    What if a person hasn't been born again? How can he find salvation?

Psalm 119:11
    Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

God adds people to His church --- we don't. He never says, "Come unto my church." Instead He brings the sheep to the Shepherd --- it is the Shepherd Who saves us.

John 8:12
    Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Verses that are sometimes overlooked:
    John 3
    25 Then there arose a question between some of John's disciples and the Jews about purifying. 26 And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him. 27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. 28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. 29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

I urge you to carefully read the New Testament. It contains so much truth and instruction.

In Christian love,

Grandma
    So you can't come with a reason either. This is very interesting.

chuckt

If you didn't know what Christianity was, how would you know that you were in it? It is a rhetorical question and something that you have to think hard about.

Jesus did say not to let anyone deceive you:

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Jesus also said His sheep know His voice and that they won't follow another.

http://biblehub.com/matthew/24-4.htm

I think I've already built a life of checking and rechecking what people say so much that I have become a watcher and need to spend more time studying and telling others about Jesus.

1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers. 6This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

http://biblehub.com/kjv/john/10.htm

The third thing is that we're not to believe every spirit:

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

http://biblehub.com/1_john/4-1.htm

So I often tell people, "Is it okay for me to tell you that I don't believe you?"

chuckt

So you can't come with a reason either. This is very interesting.
    Because I'll find more light and because God started to have fellowship or koinonia with me and God will not have that kind of relationship with me in the Mormon church. Fallen spirits will only take you so far.