Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why should we pick YOURS?

Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    So you can't come with a reason either. This is very interesting.
    I never told anyone to choose a Protestant church. Salvation is found in Christ and the Bible explains everything one needs to know about Christ and salvation.

In Christian love,

Grandma
    Last edited by Grandma; 08-27-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckt View Post
    Because I'll find more light and because God started to have fellowship or koinonia with me and God will not have that kind of relationship with me in the Mormon church.
    It's hard for me to evaluate your claim since I don't know what a koinonia is.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    I never told anyone to choose a Protestant church.
    But that's what this thread is about.

Grandma

But that's what this thread is about.
    Yes, but it's so EASY to talk about churches. Churches can't save. Jesus can!

Acts 10:36
    "You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all."

Grandma

Use the internet.

Grandma

Use the internet at your fingertips.

Yes, but it's so EASY to talk about churches. Churches can't save. Jesus can!
    jesus can't save you if you refuse to join his church once you know about it. he wants you to join his church. by telling him "no" you are disobeying him. he can't save you as long as you are determined to disobey him.

Grandma

Accidental duplicate

Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    jesus can't save you if you refuse to join his church once you know about it. he wants you to join his church. by telling him "no" you are disobeying him. he can't save you as long as you are determined to disobey him.

Jesus came to save sinners and He's fully capable of doing that. God adds to the Church such as should be saved; we don't do that.

2 Chronicles 20:6
    And said, O LORD God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? and rulest not thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee?

Proverbs 19:21
    There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel* of the LORD, that shall stand.
    * purpose

Ezekiel 36
    26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
    27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Why is it that Mormons know so little about the Bible? In the words of the Bible, God is speaking to us!

In Christian love,

Grandma

alanmolstad

jesus can't save you if you refuse to join his church once you know about it. .
    a very silly view of the Lord...
    and I totally reject that concept,
    and I totally reject that type of god...

and I totally reject anything even slightly connected to whatever else that type of view might come up with later...
    Last edited by alanmolstad; 08-27-2015 at 04:37 AM.

chuckt

I gave you the definition in the sentence. Koinonia is the fellowship with the Lord. If I can't give an answer, God gives me the answer or an answer when I wait on Him. Is your God real? Does he train you every day? Does he answer you every day?

Grandma

Are Mormon missionaries helping people to "Come unto Christ."

“Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.”
    mormonmissionprep.com

Are you Mormons claiming that no one can "Come unto Christ" except through the Mormon church? Do you know how much sense that doesn't make? You are limiting God. You're saying that He can only save Mormons. That's not how God works.

Proverbs 3
    5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Jesus is better than any church! Following Jesus is a joyful, rewarding experience. And He's with you in every trial. He won't leave us comfortless.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    a very silly view of the Lord...
    you think it's silly to believe that the Lord commands people to belong to His church?

and I totally reject that concept,
    you totally reject the concept the Lord commands people to belong to His church?

and I totally reject that type of god...
    you totally reject a god who would command people to belong to His church?

and I totally reject anything even slightly connected to whatever else that type of view might come up with later...
    wow, no bigotry or closed-mindedness there. did you also reject the concept of a spherical Earth because you are afraid to think about ideas you may not like--even before you know what they are?

Grandma

you think it's silly to believe that the Lord commands people to belong to His church?

you totally reject the concept the Lord commands people to belong to His church?

you totally reject a god who would command people to belong to His church?

wow, no bigotry or closed-mindedness there. did you also reject the concept of a spherical Earth because you are afraid to think about ideas you may not like--even before you know what they are?
    The commandment you believe comes from God isn't in my Bible, is it?

God adds to the Church daily such as should be saved.

Acts, Chapter 2
    "And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved."

In Christian Kove,

Grandma

The commandment you believe comes from God isn't in my Bible, is it?
    "The writer of Hebrews clearly says that we are not to forsake the ***embling of ourselves as is the manner of some in Hebrews10:25: “…not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” In the previous verse (v 24) the writer says, “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.” Now it would be hard to “spur one another on toward love and good deeds” if we are sitting at home and watching a TV or Internet evangelist. Hebrews 13:7 is an impossible command for the Christian not ***embling with the saints to follow since it says to “Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.” You can not imitate what you do not see and you can not remember church leaders if you never attend.

Paul’s Teaching on the Body of Christ (Church)

Paul writes in Ephesians 4:11-12, “So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.” Again, it is hard to build up the body of Christ if we are alone at home. If you read the entire New Testament, there is not one single lone-ranger Christian. You will always see the apostles mentioning the church in general. The epistles never, ever address single, solitary Christians about their walk in faith.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow....#ixzz3kBQxrNj8

Protestants, this thread is for you to tell us why we should choose <insert favorite Protestant sect/movement here> over the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Objective reasons preferred, as opposed to subjective opinions and personal beliefs.
    I have not read the answers given by others so I may duplicate what they have said.

you are not choosing a protestant sect/movement over Mormonism. What you are doing is choosing to be redeemed by Jesus then follow his ways as found in the Bible over the lies of the mormon sect. if you actually asked Jesus to help you read the Bible and compare it with the the religious writings of your organization you will see how far off the mark your religious beliefs are.

One simple comparison to help you see the error in mormonism. Joseph Smith said that he alone was allowed to see the golden plates and then they were removed from him after translation and returned to heaven.

well that tells everyone is that no one can check Smith's work and see if he got the translation correct or if he lied; , no one can learn the original language the mormon scriptures are taken from so they can see for themselves what their 'god' wants or says and on it goes. the contents of the golden tablets are a huge secret.

In contrast, everyone, both believer and unbeliever, can read the original languages, read the m****cripts we have and they can see that God has preserved his word as he promised. The Dead Sea Scrolls are a prime example of this as we see that for 2000 years God's word has remained the same. So if God is keeping his promise about his word, we can have confidence that the rest of the Bible is accurate and true.

there is no secret about the Bible. people have free access to it in many languages and have the ability to study historical records to see the Bible is true and that God does reign as he said. This means we can have confidence in John 3:16 and know that we are saved and will go to heaven when we die.

it is all about Jesus not protestant sects. if you want the truth you begin there.
    check the new book thread to find my new books

i am pretty sure erundur will have his own response to this, but i had some comments.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    you are not choosing a protestant sect/movement over Mormonism.
    you are, if you show up at a lutheran church instead of a catholic one, and tell them you want to join.

What you are doing is choosing to be redeemed by Jesus then follow his ways as found in the Bible
    but many christians--the ones who are calvinist protestants--would disagree with you about that, because they believe that you don't choose jesus--he chooses you. (the whole "no free will to make any good choices until AFTER jesus chooses, regenerates, and saves you" doctrine).

over the lies of the mormon sect.
    what if a person wanted to choose the truths of an arminian sect over the lies of the calvinist sects? is that an okay thing to do?

if you actually asked Jesus to help you read the Bible and compare it with the the religious writings of your organization you will see how far off the mark your religious beliefs are.
    is it possible for people who you believe to be unregenerated/unsaved, to ask jesus for help? other anti-mormons who are calvinists have told me "no." should i believe them, or you?

One simple comparison to help you see the error in mormonism. Joseph Smith said that he alone was allowed to see the golden plates
    really? when i do that 'one quick comparison,' what i see is the error on your anti-mormonism, because joseph smith said, and other witnesses said, that a few other witnesses were allowed to see the plates.

and then they were removed from him after translation and returned to heaven.
    well that tells everyone is that no one can check Smith's work and see if he got the translation correct or if he lied;
    where are the original m****cripts (some call them autographs) from which the bible was transcribed? if having the originals, in the handwriting of the original authors, is really as important to GOD as it is to unbelievers who are looking for reasons not to believe, then God would have made sure those originals are still around and available for people to "check Moses' work" or to "check Ezekiel's or Isaiah's work"....but apparently, God doesn't feel it's as important as you feel it is.

maybe you should actually ask Jesus to help you read the bible, and compare what the bible teaches to the stuff you are trying to get others to believe.

and now i will let erundur reply to you.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 08-29-2015 at 08:23 AM.

alanmolstad

That's great. So can you tell us why we should choose any Protestant sect over the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? No one else has been able to so far.
    Mormonism is based on the invented ideas of a pedophile/con-man, who was after people's money and women....(younger and younger girls)

The teachings of Mormonism themselves lead people to believe in a false Christ and a false salvation that if not repented of will lead the Mormon believer to eternal ****ation in the fire of hell.

The concept of Christ in the teachings of Mormonism are completely in error so much that they should not be considered "Christian" at all.

Whereas the concept of Christ within any Christian church is, as it should be, able to bring the person to a true faith in the true Jesus of the bible.
    Lutherans teach a correct version of Christ...Baptists teach a correct version of Christ, Catholics teach a correct version of Christ.
    Salvation can be found in such concepts...etc,etc,etc.

What you want to look out for is any type of set of teachings that stem from guys like Joe Smith who were simply in it for the money,power, and women.

....So to sum up...

the teachings about Christ in the normal Christian denominations are going to bring a Bible student to the correct Jesus of the Bible, and therefore you are going to be looking in the right place to find salvation is such churches.

On the other hand, the version of Christ you find in the world of the CULTS, such as the Christ taught in Mormonism , will lead you off the narrow path, and place your soul in danger should you die trusting in such errors and face eternal Hell.

Thus for the sake of people's souls, the souls of their friends and family, I do offer answers to people that are seeking to find the true Jesus as to what to look for and what to look out for when seeking a place to worship and find salvation.
    i dont really deal much with the Mormons on this forum as I find the whole topic way too filled with personal attacks for my blood....and I have a more clear connection to witnessing to other CULTs such as the JWs ....

But I have noticed that over the years, God does send into the game a few people now and then that do bring with them the knowledge needed in dealing with Mormons...and they do carry the water for me on that issue that tends to dominate this forum over the years....

you are, if you show up at a lutheran church instead of a catholic one, and tell them you want to join.
    my point went right over your head.

but many christians--the ones who are calvinist protestants--would disagree with you about that, because they believe that you don't choose jesus--he chooses you. (the whole "no free will to make any good choices until AFTER jesus chooses, regenerates, and saves you" doctrine).
    way to derail what was being said.

what if a person wanted to choose the truths of an arminian sect over the lies of the calvinist sects? is that an okay thing to do?
    so you decide to be **** instead of listening to what was said.

is it possible for people who you believe to be unregenerated/unsaved, to ask jesus for help? other anti-mormons who are calvinists have told me "no." should i believe them, or you?
    why not? asking for help is not a crime nor is it forbidden. Nicky Cruz did when he was a gang leader and the answer led him to be saved. how else are you going ot come to the truth?

really? when i do that 'one quick comparison,' what i see is the error on your anti-mormonism, because joseph smith said, and other witnesses said, that a few other witnesses were allowed to see the plates.
    i knew that but left it out as there is no way to verify that claim. and don't link up to their statements as people lie.

where are the original m****cripts (some call them autographs) from which the bible was transcribed?
    we do not need them as God has preserved his word so we have the originals today. if we didn't then God failed to keep his promise.

if having the originals, in the handwriting of the original authors, is really as important to GOD as it is to unbelievers who are looking for reasons not to believe, then God would have made sure those originals are still around and available for people to "check Moses' work" or to "check Ezekiel's or Isaiah's work"....but apparently, God doesn't feel it's as important as you feel it is.
    you really do not know what you are talking about. people will choose to disbelieve even if we discover the original ark. God didn't need the original handwritten copies because the transcriber is not as important as the message, commands, revelations, and so on found in the Bible.

maybe you should actually ask Jesus to help you read the bible, and compare what the bible teaches to the stuff you are trying to get others to believe.
    people like you are a dime a dozen . you think too highly of yourself and think you can stand in judgment of what others do or do not know when in reality you know nothing. insulting someone after they have posted good responses to the original questions only shows your lack of character. you are not an expert on anything and I would advise you to stop acting like one.

and now i will let erundur reply to you.
    who died and made you God?
    check the new book thread to find my new books

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    you are not choosing a protestant sect/movement over Mormonism.
    Actually that's what most Protestants want me to do, but if you disagree that's okay.

What you are doing is choosing to be redeemed by Jesus then follow his ways
    But I'm choosing to be redeemed by Jesus and follow his ways in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I don't need Protestantism to do that.

One simple comparison to help you see the error in mormonism. Joseph Smith said that he alone was allowed to see the golden plates and then they were removed from him after translation and returned to heaven.
    So you've never heard of the three and eight witnesses?

In contrast, everyone, both believer and unbeliever, can read the original languages, read the m****cripts we have and they can see that God has preserved his word as he promised. The Dead Sea Scrolls are a prime example of this as we see that for 2000 years God's word has remained the same. So if God is keeping his promise about his word, we can have confidence that the rest of the Bible is accurate and true.
    Actually, I've heard that there are hundreds of thousands of variants among the m****cripts, including some significant variations in the DSS. However, I already believe the Bible while a member of the Church of Jesus Christ, so that's still not a reason to choose Protestantism instead.

Mormonism is based on the invented ideas of a pedophile/con-man, who was after people's money and women....(younger and younger girls)
    False.

The teachings of Mormonism themselves lead people to believe in a false Christ and a false salvation that if not repented of will lead the Mormon believer to eternal ****ation in the fire of hell.
    You're going to have to show us why Jesus Christ is false.

The concept of Christ in the teachings of Mormonism are completely in error so much that they should not be considered "Christian" at all.
    That's pretty subjective. One could just as easily say "the concept of Christ in the teachings of Protestantism is completely in error so much that they should not be considered 'Christian' at all."

the teachings about Christ in the normal Christian denominations are going to bring a Bible student to the correct Jesus of the Bible, and therefore you are going to be looking in the right place to find salvation is such churches.
    Great, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints does that.

On the other hand, the version of Christ you find in the world of the CULTS, such as the Christ taught in Mormonism , will lead you off the narrow path, and place your soul in danger should you die trusting in such errors and face eternal Hell.
    Sounds pretty subjective. One could just as easily claim that the version of Christ you find in the world of the CULTS, such as the Christ taught in Protestantism, will lead you off the narrow path, etc.

alanmolstad

You're going to have to show us why Jesus Christ is false.

oh?

there is something I have to do now eh?......

alanmolstad

False.

What i wrote about in this post is my answer to the question about why pick a Christian denomination over joining the Mormon church?...

My point is this:

My point is that all of the Mormon teachings stem only from a guy who was out to talk people into opening their checkbooks and getting his zipper worked.

Thats it...

Thats all that Mormonism means to me....

oh?

there is something I have to do now eh?......
    If you want us to accept your claim, you do. If you don't care either way, then you don't need to bother.

My point is this:

My point is that all of the Mormon teachings stem only from a guy who was out to talk people into opening their checkbooks and getting his zipper worked.
    Your point is false.