Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Why should we pick YOURS?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    Again--where in the Biblical NT does it ever combine God the Father, God the Son--and God the holy Ghost into the "one God"?

Please do engage these scriptures:

1 Corinthians 8:6---King James Version (KJV)
    6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Timothy 2:5--King James Version (KJV)
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Ephesians 4:4-6--King James Version (KJV)
    4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
    5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
    6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 Peter 1:3--King James Version (KJV)
    3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

John 17:3---King James Version (KJV)
    3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
    thats right...get it out of your system...

I have seen this happen to people before,,,they get caught in a loop and cant seem to find new things to post...

best to just let them have at it and be done with it...

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidT View Post
    No there isn't.

Of course you don't they are scholars, people mormons do not read.

Just what I said, there is no middle ground.

avoidance
    Well, that post was a whole lotta nuthin'.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View PostAgain--where in the Biblical NT does it ever combine God the Father, God the Son--and God the holy Ghost into the "one God"?

Please do engage these scriptures:

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    thats right...get it out of your system...

I have seen this happen to people before,,,they get caught in a loop and cant seem to find new things to post...

best to just let them have at it and be done with it...
    I don't believe Christians are ever going to get what the Bible testifies to as truth--out of their system. If they do--then they are no longer Christian, or don't follow Christian doctrine.

Care to address the scriptures above?

alanmolstad

Care to address the scriptures above?
    well..I was just going to stay out of the way as you seem to just want to post the same stuff over and over...I was going to wait until you become fatigued from clicking "PASTE"....and I think that might be a while yet...

So feel free to keep posting the same comment a bunch more times....
    I will check in the morning to see if there is anything relevant to respond to...( I guess I will have to just learn how to click "paste" too)

dberrie2000

well..I was just going to stay out of the way as you seem to just want to post the same stuff over and over...I was going to wait until you become fatigued from clicking "PASTE"....and I think that might be a while yet...

So feel free to keep posting the same comment a bunch more times....
    I will check in the morning to see if there is anything relevant to respond to...( I guess I will have to just learn how to click "paste" too)
    No one has yet to engage the posted scriptures. Those scriptures are where the concerns lies, and trumps long winded personal opinions, IMO.

Does anyone care to explain why posters don't engage scriptures which defy their theology--or label them "out of context", "repe***ious", etc?

Denial, diversion, or taint so! arguments are neither convincing nor compelling.

Would you care to address the above scriptures themselves?

alanmolstad

No one has yet to engage the posted scriptures......
    Oh they have been addressed just fine...but not to your personal liking it would seem...

Thus, oh you go right ahead and keep on posting the same comments over and over...and Im just going to sit out your little run on the old treadmill until I see something kinda interesting or relevant.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View PostNo one has yet to engage the posted scriptures......
    Oh they have been addressed just fine...
    Cite, please.

.and Im just going to sit out your little run on the old treadmill until I see something kinda interesting or relevant.
    What is there about the above scriptures do you not find as "relevant"?

Care to engage the above scriptures?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Unless you can prove this objectively, this is just worthless anti-Mormon bigotry that doesn't answer the question.
    Please note:
    http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/s...rogatory-Terms

"The definition of a derogatory term is one that insults, belittles or treats a group or individual with contempt. This applies to terms like "anti-Mormon" and "Circuit Mormon".

Effective immediately, members who use derogatory terms will be warned once, and the second time they will be banned indefinitely without warning. A third infraction will result in a long term account suspension."

alanmolstad

Cite, please.

You can lead a horse to water.....but.....

But just because I can use copy/paste just as much as the next guy...here you go...

Last edited by alanmolstad; 02-16-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erundur View Post
    Well, that post was a whole lotta nuthin'.
    just giving back what i get from you
    check the new book thread to find my new books

dberrie2000

You can lead a horse to water.....but.....

But just because I can use copy/paste just as much as the next guy...here you go...
    Alan--why don't you use the Biblical record as a copy and paste source?

Care to answer to those previously posted scriptures?

alanmolstad

Alan--why don't you use the Biblical record as a copy and paste source?

there didnt feel sooooo much better not having to come up with anything new?

I tell you copy/paste might be the wave of the future!

, why bother to come up with new ideas that are interesting to read, when you can just turn your brain off and automatically post the same stuff over and over each day and save...oh, so much time?

as for me?...oh Im still waiting to learn how my views on the Trinity are held suspect by any Christians,,,let alone "most"???

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View PostAlan--why don't you use the Biblical record as a copy and paste source?

there didnt feel sooooo much better not having to come up with anything new?

I tell you copy/paste might be the wave of the future!

, why bother to come up with new ideas that are interesting to read, when you can just turn your brain off and automatically post the same stuff over and over each day and save...oh, so much time?
    Why does one have to turn their brain off when engaging the Word of God?

Alan--the above scriptures are integral to the Biblical NT--why not engage them?

Is it because it violates the theology of some of those here claiming otherwise?

alanmolstad

Is it because it violates the theology of some of those here claiming otherwise?
    Would the "those" be the same "most Christians" that would view my post on the Trinity as being "suspect"?

dberrie2000

Would the "those" be the same "most Christians" that would view my post on the Trinity as being "suspect"?
    The "Christians" that would view your theology as "suspect" would be these:

berry posted:

The "Christians" that would view your theology as "suspect" would be these:

That DOES seem to be YOUR UNCHRISTIAN theory, but of course you "rednecking' a word in to the middle of a sentence TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT only shows your ignorance.

Yep, according to the Apostle Paul the FATHER IS GOD and JESUS IS GOD, and JESUS mediates between us and the Father.

Yep, they ARE ONE GOD, not two or five or 1,265,811 gods in their own little universes.

Yep, the FATHER is the FATHER of Jesus through Mary. and we will be will 'father' us again in hope by the resurrection of Jesus from the dead.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.[/QUOTE]

So far nothing 'suspect.' Peter, John and Paul and I all believe the same stuff. We also all believe

Isa 43:10
    10 "You are My witnesses," says the Lord,
    "And My servant whom I have chosen,
    That you may know and believe Me,
    And understand that I am He.
    Before Me there was no God formed,
    Nor shall there be after Me.
    NKJV

AND

Isa 44:6
    Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel,
    And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
    'I am the First and I am the Last;
    Besides Me there is no God.
    NKJV

AND

Isa 44:8
    8 Do not fear, nor be afraid;
    Have I not told you from that time, and declared it?
    You are My witnesses.
    Is there a God besides Me?
    Indeed there is no other Rock;
    I know not one.'"
    NKJV

Apparently YOU DON'T BELIEVE THOSE SCRIPTURES.

THEY TELL US that even though
    Jesus is God
    the Father is God, but is not Jesus
    the Holy Spirit is God but is neither Jesus nor the Father

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD.

I guess you don't believe those scriptures, do you?

there is absolutely no reason to choose the mormon belief or any other cultic belief over christianity.

dberrie2000

there is absolutely no reason to choose the mormon belief or any other cultic belief over christianity.
    Hi David:

Would you care to address the posted scriptures--instead of the straw man arguments?

How do you fit the Biblical NT witness into faith alone theology?

i haven't raised any straw man arguments. there is absolutely no reason to choose the mormon ideology over true christianity.

dberrie2000

there is absolutely no reason to choose the mormon ideology over true christianity.
    In the LDS church--one does not have to make that choice. They believe true Christianity is reflected in the Biblical NT witness above--which you have not engaged--nor proffered any Biblical scripture to back your argument.

So--what do you find in the Biblical NT--which is not found in the LDS church, as far as salvational doctrines go?

1 Peter 4:17---King James Version (KJV)
    17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

In the LDS church--one does not have to make that choice. They believe true Christianity is reflected in the Biblical NT witness above--which you have not engaged--nor proffered any Biblical scripture to back your argument.

So--what do you find in the Biblical NT--which is not found in the LDS church, as far as salvational doctrines go?

1 Peter 4:17---King James Version (KJV)
    17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
    I raised issues which you have avoided discussing. You then quote verses that apply to nothing that is being discussed. your attempt to derail the threads where serious questions are asked , questions which demand more of an answer than what you or any other mormon has provided so far. Stop derailing the discussion and honestly answer the points made to you. I am already aware that mormons are taught to change the question asked to something they prefer to talk about but you are not in mormon cl*** but a public discussion forum on mormonism

dberrie2000

I raised issues which you have avoided discussing. You then quote verses that apply to nothing that is being discussed.
    What is it about the posted scriptures you feel is not related to the discussion?

I believe one should pick the LDS church because what is found in the Biblical NT record--is also found in the LDS church, IE--

2 John 9---King James Version (KJV)
    9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

What is it about the posted scriptures you feel is not related to the discussion?

I believe one should pick the LDS church because what is found in the Biblical NT record--is also found in the LDS church, IE--

2 John 9---King James Version (KJV)
    9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
    it is also found in many christian denominations but those denominations do nt have secret ceremonies, baptizing for the dead, magic underwear and so much more. you have not shown where the mormons abide in the doctrine of Christ as I have asked you for the p***ages where Jesus taught to baptize for the dead, have secret ceremonies, that lucifer was his brother and so on. prove you are in the doctrine of Christ. throwing scripture on a discussion board is not proof.

dberrie2000

it is also found in many christian denominations but those denominations do nt have secret ceremonies, baptizing for the dead,
    Are you referencing this?

Revelation 2:17---King James Version (KJV)
    17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

1 Corinthians 15:29---King James Version (KJV)
    29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

Are you referencing this?

Revelation 2:17---King James Version (KJV)
    17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

1 Corinthians 15:29---King James Version (KJV)
    29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?
    no there is NO teaching there for believers to baptize the dead