Thread: Conversion of Saul

S.R.L

Default Conversion of Saul

Is it God the Son talking to Saul during his conversion?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by S.R.L View Post
    the Saul in ACTS?

S.R.L

During Saul's conversion why call Jesus God the Son when he is God manifested in the flesh and in "him" dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily? Is "him" also called God the Son? Where is the Father and Holy Spirit during Saul's conversion?

Saxon

During Saul's conversion why call Jesus God the Son when he is God manifested in the flesh and in "him" dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily? Is "him" also called God the Son? Where is the Father and Holy Spirit during Saul's conversion?
    This is the way that the Bible has laid it out. The Trinity is a concept that is derived from the Bible to give is a glimpse of the totality of God. We, as finite men have no real idea of God in his fullness. The trinity is just a hint. In the Bible God has said in different places and ways that there is only one God but the one God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Jesus, for our ability to comprehend God, is the Son of God, God in the flesh and in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. That is a fact whether we can understand it or not. In the sentence you seem to be quoting, him is Jesus, the Son of God. God is present in Jesus and therefore the Father and the Holy Spirit are there as well. God can be everywhere at once without limits.

S.R.L

his is the way that the Bible has laid it out. The Trinity is a concept that is derived from the Bible to give is a glimpse of the totality of God. We, as finite men have no real idea of God in his fullness. The trinity is just a hint. In the Bible God has said in different places and ways that there is only one God but the one God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Does three Persons/One God believers have to break the rule that governs the use of "inductive reasoning" in an attempt to support their beliefs?

S.R.L

Saxon/ God is present in Jesus and therefore the Father and the Holy Spirit are there as well. God can be everywhere at once without limits.

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me....
    14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in me...

I agree that the Father and the Holy Spirit because of the omnipresence of God, which is everywhere present and present everywhere was there in Jesus and that's what makes Jesus God manifested in the Flesh. The Bible equates the Holy Spirit and the Father as one and the same Spirit. Jesus is not just the second person in the Godhead. He is the Supreme Deity.

Amen
    Last edited by S.R.L; 07-11-2015 at 10:05 PM.

Saxon

Explain what the rules are.

Saxon

Could you please narrow your point. From what you have posted, I can go off in several directions.

S.R.L

Saxon/ Could you please narrow your point. From what you have posted, I can go off in several directions

S.R.L/John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me....
    14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in me... "Simply put God in Christ"

Saxon

You seem to have a thought that Father equals God. I have the thought that father, Son and the Holy Spirit equals God. Comment please.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    You seem to have a thought that Father equals God. I have the thought that father, Son and the Holy Spirit equals God. Comment please.
    The trinity that I believe in and teach about is = God in 3 persons.....
    The father is not the Son.....The Son is not the father.

They are two totally different persons.
    But that are the one true God at the same time.

Saxon

Is that any different than what I said???

johnd

Acts 1:20–22 (AV)

20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bisho***** let another take.
    21 Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,
    22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.

Saul of Tarsus (Sha'ul b' Tarshish) for this reason and several others I'll spare you to be brief was IMHO the rich young ruler who tagged along with Jesus and essentially boasted to Jesus what must I do (that I haven't already done... was what he meant). Jesus loved him and said you lack one thing... you are the fair haired boy at the sanhedrin the rising star you are educated well off and on your way... give all that up... give your wealth to the poor and come follow me and I will show you true riches...

Sad, disappointed the Lord didn't give him a pat on the back like everyone else was at the time, not to mention give up everything that truly mattered to him... he walked away humiliated. So he started to listen to those who opposed this Jesus of the Galilee... it made biblical sense that he was the promised Messiah, but Sha'ul was blindsided by this confrontation. He lived to keep the Law. He was certain he lacked nothing. So he became bitter against Jesus and his followers increasingly buying into the sanhedrin's lies that this was a cult leader (one that almost hooked him)... so he persecuted the Church.

The one thing Saul lacked to qualify (Acts 1:21-22) was to witness the resurrected Christ. And that's precisely what happened on the road to Damascus.

If you listen to Paul's accounts of his qualifications as an apostle and lessons he learned (how to abase and how to abound) it all adds up.

His apostleship was complete and the calling of the Lord is without repentance. He called the rich young ruler. He was going to follow one day.

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by S.R.L View Post
    I think the answer is "yes'