Thread: Problems with the Gold Plates of the Book of Mormon

alanmolstad

Default Problems with the Gold Plates of the Book of Mormon

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by childofgod View Post
    If you're gonna use something it needs to be legitimate. CRI isn't a credible source. I've viewed their material and, like other organizations that are against Jesus Christ's church, have faulty information.
    Feel free to pick though their material on the CULTS and point out any errors....

alanmolstad

3. Referring to ourselves as Christians does not cause confusion since we are Christians.
    I call myself a "Christian" and I make sure to always call Mormons by the name - "Mormon" .

Unless I do this at all times I have seen conversations get totally mixed up as new people enter.
    When I tell a guest, "That guy is a Mormon" , lacking name tags this speeds up all that a new person needs to know about who is who around here...

So always refer to me as a "Christian"
    and always refer to mormons as - "Mormon", so we dont get screwed up as to the teams....

alanmolstad

In a 2011 survey conducted among those not of our faith, over 50% of the US population said Mormons are Christians. We don't follow the modern "mainstream" ideas, instead, we follow the Holy Spirit and those principles He testifies of found in holy writ, the scriptures.

I forget what the number is....likely close to your 50% too that believe that UFOs are real, and that Elvis is still alive....

alanmolstad

Got any questions of a slightly more biblical nature?

alanmolstad

Well ok...
    But if you change your mind....

On weekends I have the free time... (just saying)

alanmolstad

You wouldn't know any biblical answers given that you follow tradition and not the scriptures. I already understand them though.
    thats nice,
    But as I said.....I have free time mostly on the weekends.

alanmolstad

my religion is open season and I expect it to be a target and attacked..

But I do wonder sometimes how some guests can expect to ever get an answer to a question they might ask if yet they start every single post with an unnecessary very personal attack against the very person they later seem to be asking a question to???

alanmolstad

Fine...

However my weekend is over. ..catch you later

cog posted:

Error 1: labeling Jesus Christ's church as a cult.

There is no evidence that joey smith's made-up religion IS Christ's church at all.

2. We supposedly follow a Jesus not of the Bible which, of course, is a lie. We follow the only Jesus Christ there is, the same one of the Bible. Just because an anti site says we follow "the wrong Jesus" doesn't mean the statement is a fact.

Just saying so IS insufficient. SHOWING where the mormon religion follows a 'jesus' that is supposed to be a 'spirit brother of satan' ACCORDING TO THE MORMON RELIGION IS sufficient reason to believe it IS FACT.

The BIBLICAL JESUS is NOT 'the spirit-brother' of satan. HE CREATED your satan.

3. We do not deny the deity of Jesus, what we deny is the trinity heresy. We accept the fullness of Christ's deity which is not described correctly in the trinity theory.

Merely FALSELY CLAIMING that Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are NOT ONE GOD does not make the CONCEPT OF THE TRINITY become false. NEITHER is the belief that Jesus, His Father, and the Holy Spirit are THREE gods Biblical in any way.

Your theory is cultic.

3. Referring to ourselves as Christians does not cause confusion since we are Christians.

According to the mormons I knew in the 1970's, you are not. . .you are MORMONS instead.

You do NOT follow the JESUS CHRIST OF HISTORY. YOUR 'jesus' was invented in the 1830's by joseph smith.

4. It says we supposedly believe morality equates to Christianity. False

????? I have never once heard any CHRISTIANS make this argument. I suspect it is a strawman argument you made up so you could flail against it.

These are just a few since there are too many to list.

ALL of which have been shown to be FALSE, of course.

New Age Christianity defines itself by the trinity theology as invented and accepted by early councils which would be canonized through the making of heretical creeds that have no relation to truth.

I see you like to parrot your religion's 'party line.' The TRUTH is that YOUR CLAIM IS PATENTLY FALSE, based on your ignorance of what CHRISTIANITY is.

Mormonism isn't part of Christianity, it IS Christianity. This isn't another church, its the Lord's church.

Mormonism is a FALSE 'christianity' invented by joseph smith in the 1830's. It cannot be found ANYWHERE in legitimate history (even though they try to 'make up' their own 'histories') OR in CHRIST'S church in the Bible.

Protestantism falls back on tradition rather than gospel truths as they have been taught since the beginning.

CHRISTIANITY (not your mythical 'whoopiedoo collection of all religions that CALL themselves 'christian') falls SOLELY on the Bible, the WORD OF GOD as its authority.

Unlike the mormons, we don't follow the whims of whoever your group has voted into its leadership. You follow MEN, NOT GOD.

So Baptists are Baptists? Methodists are Methodists? Etc.

When I speak to someone online I always say LDS/Christian so the person knows exactly where I stand: being a true Christian.

I make sure to refer to myself as a Christian and Protestants as New Age Christians. That way people know the truth of who is who.
    I refer to those who beleive the BIBLE as Christians (which eliminates the mormons who only give 'lip service' to the Bible).

I refer to those who follow the leaders of cults but call themselves 'Christians' as CULTISTS. That wold include white supremecists, jw's, mormons, branch davidians, and the 'metropolitan church' (a ****sexual organization).

You may 'CALL' yourself a duck if you wish. Merely REFERRING to yourself as a Christian does not MAKE YOU ONE. Neither would it make you a duck to call yourself a duck.

Living in a garage wouldn't make you an automobile either.

In a 2011 survey conducted among those not of our faith, over 50% of the US population said Mormons are Christians. We don't follow the modern "mainstream" ideas, instead, we follow the Holy Spirit and those principles He testifies of found in holy writ, the scriptures.
    MOST of the world are NOT Christians and don't know what GOD has said. IF you asked most of the US population if they believe ****sexuals should be allowed to lead your religion, over 50% of them would agree that ****sexuals should be allowed to lead your religion.

Do you REALLY want to use the WORLD as your measure of truth?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    thats nice,
    But as I said.....I have free time mostly on the weekends.
    I would add my own invitation to yours. I am self-employed and have free time off and on much of most days.

Default In their ignorance they follow their leaders. . .

So Baptists are Baptists? Methodists are Methodists? Etc.

When I speak to someone online I always say LDS/Christian so the person knows exactly where I stand: being a true Christian.

I make sure to refer to myself as a Christian and Protestants as New Age Christians. That way people know the truth of who is who.

mormons are mormons, baptists are baptists, methodists are methodists.

Baptists and methodists follow the God of the BIBLE, the Christ of the BIBLE and can thus be accurately called "CHRISTIANS.'

mormons who BELIEVE what the mormon religion teaches are NOT historical Christians, but DO follow 'a' christ of joey smith's invention. Because of that, their claims of being 'christian' while they are 'technically correct' because they follow 'a' christ, they are not being honest; they are not following the Christ of Christianity.

Thus mormons in their ignorance merely follow their leaders who follow in THEIR ignorance, not differentiating between the two.