Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bible alone?

Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    Faith was not one of your original requirements for salvation.
    I'm glad you finally listened to me and added it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    Salvation is by God's grace through faith in the blood of Jesus. The Gospel is the Good News that Jesus paid for the sins of all believers.
    Quote Originally Posted by theway View Post
    The only problem is that you are now contradicting yourself yet again.
    You said that salvation comes at the same time that God "choose us", which means that faith would have had to of happened at the same time as well, otherwise a person would be saved without Faith.
    Now that leaves only three options for you.
    God gave us our faith, choose, and saved us before we were born?
    God choose us, gave us faith, and saved us while we were alive based on no criteria whatsoever?
    Or God forced us against our will and saved us WITHOUT ANY FAITH ON OUR PART,

So which one statement is correct under your beliefs?
    Your short term memory seems to be failing.

In Christian Love,

Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    There is no cheap grace. Jesus paid DEARLY.
    the term "cheap grace" isn't referring to how cheap it was for JESUS. Why do so many anti-mormon calvinists regurgitate that exact mantra?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckt View Post
    I'm not a Calvinist so my take on it is that God knows who would be saved because He knows the end from the beginning but that people still have to choose.
    God gives everyone a measure of faith but that faith has to be placed in the true Lord Jesus.
    Everyone's name is written in the lamb's book of life and then there are reasons that we can get blotted out. We get blotted out for rejecting the real Jesus Christ. There is no neutrality with God so to be neutral is to reject Jesus.
    Did you ever watch "To Tell the Truth"? Will the real Jesus please stand up.

I don't believe Calvinism and if you were to survey people today, some people are a three point Calvinist and others are a four point Calvinist because they don't believe everything sold to them in Calvinism and our Bible college up here doesn't believe in Calvinism. I was reading a book that plainly states that both Roman Catholicism and Calvinism came out of Gnosticism.
    I liked this post. Well done, overall.