Thread: The typical conversation....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    I'm not referring to what elements we are made from, my point is we did not evolve from anything. Saying we come from the dust of the earth is not the same as saying we evolved from monkey's and you know it.
    i said the final source for life is the same in Genesis and evolution.

and it is...

some in the church just dont like this fact, thats all.....

Quoting genesis is not the same thing as teaching evolution in science cl***,.
    Nor is teaching evolution the same thing as teaching religion in a Sunday school cl***.

So the two works do not say the very same things when looking at the very same history.

its like I gave in that example, where two people can be in the same room, looking at the same object in the middle of them, yet describe this same object with very different terms.
    One person sees the object from the left side, the other person sees the same object from the right side.

So we should expect that we will hear the same object described in at times very different ways.
    yet, we can also see how the two points of view are not in disagreement, but work together to give us a more well-rounded understanding of that same single object.

in the same way both Genesis and Evolution do look at the same points in man's history from very different points of view, yet both are not in disagreement with each other, but are able to work together to bring us a more well-rounded understanding of early earth history.

thus to wrap up I offer this-
    "The source material of life is the earth itself"

But am I talking about the source material as taught in Genesis , or in evolution?

It does not matter for it is true in both......

Now as for the comment you made dealing with "monkeys"?.....please refer to - http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/s...l-conversation
    Where I deal with the "monkey issue".

Quote Originally Posted by alanmolstad View Post
    i said the final source for life is the same in Genesis and evolution.

and it is...

some in the church just dont like this fact, thats all.....

Quoting genesis is not the same thing as teaching evolution in science cl***,.
    Nor is teaching evolution the same thing as teaching religion in a Sunday school cl***.

So the two works do not say the very same things when looking at the very same history.

its like I gave in that example, where two people can be in the same room, looking at the same object in the middle of them, yet describe this same object with very different terms.
    One person sees the object from the left side, the other person sees the same object from the right side.

So we should expect that we will hear the same object described in at times very different ways.
    yet, we can also see how the two points of view are not in disagreement, but work together to give us a more well-rounded understanding of that same single object.

in the same way both Genesis and Evolution do look at the same points in man's history from very different points of view, yet both are not in disagreement with each other, but are able to work together to bring us a more well-rounded understanding of early earth history.

thus to wrap up I offer this-
    "The source material of life is the earth itself"

But am I talking about the source material as taught in Genesis , or in evolution?

It does not matter for it is true in both......
    But Alan, evolution is not fact but a theory. For the final time how can you equate the truth of Creation with a man made theory?

alanmolstad

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    But Alan, evolution is not fact but a theory. For the final time how can you equate the truth of Creation with a man made theory?
    its a theory that is in agreement with Genesis as to the source for all life correct?

that source in genesis and in evolution is the earth itself in both concepts correct?

alanmolstad

thats what im saying..that the story we read in genesis and the teachings we find in evolution have the source for all life in common with each other.

But genesis does not teach evolution.
    yet it speaks to us in a manner that actually does work with evolution to bring us a very well rounded understanding of history.

In evolution we learn about steps that life took as it went from the dead earth all the way down to animals here today.
    In Genesis all it says is "let the Earth bring forth..."so we are not getting a very chatty wording here on the issue as to "how" the earth decided to do as God commanded it to do.

But lets not over look the fact that what the Bible does tell us, (limited as it is) yet does fit well with what science tells us.

For in science we also do see that the final source for life is the earth itself.

Saxon

Evolution does not equate the source of life to God. Evolution has no source of life. In evolution life is just an accident with no specific cause. Get over it.

The source of life in Genesis is God, not the earth.

alanmolstad

Dust to dust....

Case closed

Saxon

Again, no response to my answer. You have no case.