Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Are there any Christians outside the Mormon church?

Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Let's see now. . .

Jesus saved me.
    Jesus gave me ETERNAL (that means FOREVER) life, not 'just until you mess up life.'
    Jesus KEEPS me
    Jesus is the GOOD shepherd, so even if I tried to wander off, HE WOULD BRING ME BACK
    Jesus PAID THE PRICE for my soul on the cross. . .I was bought with a price.
    NOBODY who is not greater than God can snatch me from HIS hand.

That sounds like I am saved FOREVER, no matter what. OSAS.

Or would you prefer I say "Once saved, FOREVER saved?"

THE GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE

God is omniscient knowing the future of your life. He doesn't give salvation and then take it back. If you've been born again, you can't become unborn. If you came to Christ it was the Father Who brought you to Him.

James 1:17
    Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

2 Corinthians 9:15
    Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift. t

John 6
    37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
    38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
    39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
    40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 14
    15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you...

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

2 Corinthians 2
    14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. 15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    Who said that? I said that they were not inspired. It was meant in the sense that they did not or do not overrule the Bible that was written by men that were inspired to write by the Holy Spirit. The Bible is the truth and everything else is just opinion.

Who said anything about the early church fathers being in total apostasy?
    Could you tell us how the Early Church Fathers were not inspired--and there not have been an apostasy?

Revelation 19:10---King James Version (KJV)
    10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Saxon

I said that they were not inspired. It was meant in the sense that they did not or do not overrule the Bible that was written by men that were inspired to write by the Holy Spirit. The Bible is the truth and everything else is just opinion.

There is the reason, it was there all the time!

Saxon

God is omniscient knowing the future of your life. He doesn't give salvation and then take it back. If you've been born again, you can't become unborn. If you came to Christ it was the Father Who brought you to Him.
    God certainly does not take back salvation. It is the saved that will depart from the living God. (See Hebrews 3:12)

No, you don’t become unborn, you die. The wages of sin is still death. That hasn’t been rescinded yet.

You have not supported OSAS with any of your quoted scripture.

Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    I said that they were not inspired. It was meant in the sense that they did not or do not overrule the Bible that was written by men that were inspired to write by the Holy Spirit. The Bible is the truth and everything else is just opinion.

There is the reason, it was there all the time!
    And again--how could the very men that claimed to have led the church not be inspired? If they were not inspired--then there had been an apostasy.

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    And again--how could the very men that claimed to have led the church not be inspired? If they were not inspired--then there had been an apostasy.
    So you think your local leaders are 'inspired by God? Does that include the mormon bishop who cursed at our mormon neighbors when they asked that their names and the names of their children be removed from the lds roles?

If not, does that mean YOUR religion is in apostasy?

Where has GOD (not joey smith) ever said that local leaders would be 'inspired by God' in CHRIST'S church?

Paul told Timothy:

2 Tim 2:1-3
    2 And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
    NKJV

BIBLICAL leaders are not required to be 'prophets' or 'seers' or treasure hunters as joe smith supposedly was.

So it looks like (by YOUR standards at least) that YOUR religion is in apostasy.

Quote Originally Posted by childofgod View Post
    Clarify what, that your idea of Christianity is a close minded club? We are Christians and we don't need your approval. As a Mormon I'm a Christian and you have no say in that.

There is NO CHRISTIANITY outside of the 'close minded club' JESUS BUILT. NO room for 'open-minded acceptance' of antiCHRISTIAN teachings. No ****sexual marriages, no popes, no multiple gods, no marrying other men's wives while they are still alive and married to them. NONE of that junk, much of which joe smith professed to believe.

The 'christ' you believe in (if it is the one joe smith invented) is NOT the Jesus Christ described in the Bible.

You may be a 'christian' in the sense of following 'a' christ, but NOT in the sense of following the BIBLICAL Jesus Christ.

Saxon

Did you not read my answer???

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post
    So it looks like (by YOUR standards at least) that YOUR religion is in apostasy.
    Whatever one believes about the LDS church--any church that does not have inspired leaders is not the Church of Jesus Christ.

The Reformation indicated there had been an apostasy.

dberrie2000

You may be a 'christian' in the sense of following 'a' christ, but NOT in the sense of following the BIBLICAL Jesus Christ.
    What do you find in the Bible--that is not found in the LDS church?

There is one thing for sure--the faith alone can't collate their theology with the Biblical NT:

James 2:24---New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Grandma

So you think your local leaders are 'inspired by God? Does that include the mormon bishop who cursed at our mormon neighbors when they asked that their names and the names of their children be removed from the lds roles?

If not, does that mean YOUR religion is in apostasy?

Where has GOD (not joey smith) ever said that local leaders would be 'inspired by God' in CHRIST'S church?

Paul told Timothy:

2 Tim 2:1-3
    2 And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
    NKJV

BIBLICAL leaders are not required to be 'prophets' or 'seers' or treasure hunters as joe smith supposedly was.

Do Mormons call angry men to be bishops? Why would a bishop get angry? Is he going to be held accountable for what someone else does?

"We believe that men will be punished for their own sins"

Grandma

Nope, Mormons don't call anyone to anything. Callings are from Heavenly Father through His leaders.
    The Bishop would have to make the phone call thinking that God inspired him to do so. So why do your bishops treat people like dirt? The young missionaries are told to be polite, I think.

Grandma

They don't. Every bishop I've had, including those on my mission, have always treated everyone with respect and love. Might wanna check your wording before you say things
    I don't care about YOUR bishops. Your church's bishops aren't all alike. NONE of them should ever treat people like dirt.

Love,

Grandma

Grandma

Excuse you but YOUR words were "why do your bishops treat people like dirt". So yes, you were talking about the bishops I specifically have and had. Check your wording before you say something. Should anyone treat anyone poorly? No. Does that give you a right to say the bishops of the church in general treat people like dirt? No it does not.
    Meaning: Why do Mormon bishops treat people so poorly? Use your head! I don't know childofgod or childofgod's bishops.

Love,

Grandma

berry posted:

What do you find in the Bible--that is not found in the LDS church?

The REAL Jesus Christ, the ONLY begotten (fathered) son of God (not one of many so-called 'spirit-babies' popped out by some goddess on kolob along with billions of other 'spirit-babies' including satan, according to YOUR religion

There is one thing for sure--the faith alone can't collate their theology with the Biblical NT:

24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. [/QUOTE]

Once again, your ignorance shows. FAITH WORKS. ALL Christians believe that. The Bible says that man is justified by faith, and that if you have faith, you do the works of God.

And what is that?

John 6:29
    29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."
    NKJV

Grandma

24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.
    Excellent!

Love,

Grandma