Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are there any Christians IN the mormon church?

Default you proved his point

way posted:

Originally Posted by DrDavidT [IMG]http://www.waltermartin.com/forums/images/****ons/viewpost-right.png[/IMG]
    people like you exist to cause trouble. you contribute nothing constructive to the conversation nor refute anything. all you do is toss insults and personal attacks. i would flag your reply but i feel it would do no good.

mormonism is not christian nor does it teach what Jesus and the disciples taught. there is nothing christian about it.

LOL... Talk about hypocrisy.

He just spoke the TRUTH. No hypocrisy involved.

And YOU just proved his point. Nothing constructive, nothing refuted, only personal insult and personal attack.

Yep. . .you just PROVED HIS POINT

[QUOTE=childofgod;164993]Christian

Of course the white supremecists have crosses on them too, but like the mormon temples, THEY ARE NOT CHRISTIAN EITHER.

You can put lipstick on pigs all you want, but that doesn't make them into swans. . .

That means you have a chance of not being a Christian also.

No. . .I don't have that chance since I received the REAL Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord through faith in Him over 40 years ago. HE has sustained my very being since then.

So tell me ONE SINGLE REASON that I should believe mormonism is any more "Christian" than the White Supremecists. I prayed over your book of mormon 40+ years ago and received a DEFINITE "NO!" answer from the Holy Spirit of God.

Why should I believe YOU or YOUR CULT?

Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by disciple View Post
    Hello Mickey,

The following are from Revelation 1, verses 8,11, 17-18 spoken by Jesus. He calls himself the First, the Beginning and the Almighty.
    That's the Christ we believe in, the One that is called Mighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of peace.

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,”

“And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.”
    Mickey returned.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    [COLOR=#0000ff]Why don't you SHOW US IN THE BIBLE where it EVER says CHRIST'S CHURCH would totally apostasize, lose ANY of its authority to act for or speak for God, or be 'removed from the earth' OR NEED RESTORATION from being 'lost.
    I suppose you might want to ask some of the Reformers that question. Why was there a need for a Reformation--if an apostasy had not occurred?

ALL you have is the word of a charlatan, liar, criminal, joey smith, the guy who INVENTED the mormon religion.
    I'm not sure kicking Joseph Smith around will answer why the faith alone cannot comport their theology to the Biblical NT:

James 2:24----New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

dberrie2000

No. . .I don't have that chance since I received the REAL Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord through faith in Him over 40 years ago.
    Was it this "real Jesus"?

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version (KJV)
    16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
    17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
    19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Grandma

way posted:

LOL... Talk about hypocrisy.

He just spoke the TRUTH. No hypocrisy involved.

And YOU just proved his point. Nothing constructive, nothing refuted, only personal insult and personal attack.

Yep. . .you just PROVED HIS POINT
    Those are the type of Mormons who come to Christian sites for the fun if posting insults. Other Mormons spend their time with family and church callings.

berry posted:

Originally Posted by Christian
    Why don't you SHOW US IN THE BIBLE where it EVER says CHRIST'S CHURCH would totally apostasize, lose ANY of its authority to act for or speak for God, or be 'removed from the earth' OR NEED RESTORATION from being 'lost.

I suppose you might want to ask some of the Reformers that question. Why was there a need for a Reformation--if an apostasy had not occurred?

Because (as I have pointed out to you before, but you refuse to listen to the TRUTH) the rcc, NOT CHRISTIANITY AS A WHOLE, had (as bringum young did from joseph and emma smith's group) apostasized.

ALL you have is the word of a charlatan, liar, criminal, joey smith, the guy who INVENTED the mormon religion.
    I'm not sure kicking Joseph Smith around will answer why the faith alone cannot comport their theology to the Biblical NT:

You have been proven ignorant of what that verse is about SEVERAL TIMES. NO CHRISTIAN ANYWHERE claims that verse is wrong, but YOUR 'private interpurtashun' of it is.

NOBODY believes we have faith that does not work.

When you make your ignorant claim, you declare your ignorance of the subject over and over again.

So when will you SHOW US IN THE BIBLE
    IN THE BIBLE where it EVER says CHRIST'S CHURCH would totally apostasize, lose ANY of its authority to act for or speak for God, or be 'removed from the earth' OR NEED RESTORATION from being 'lost.

So far you cannot find ONE THING that ever existed in the ORIGINAL CHURCH, that joey smith ever restored, let alone ONE SINGLE REASON CHRIST 'musta failed' in HIS church.

dberrie2000

Quote Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View Post

Because (as I have pointed out to you before, but you refuse to listen to the TRUTH) the rcc, NOT CHRISTIANITY AS A WHOLE, had
    Then why didn't the Reformers and those that followed start up whole new denominations--with a different theology? Mainly--"sola fide"--faith alone:

You have been proven ignorant of what that verse is about SEVERAL TIMES. NO CHRISTIAN ANYWHERE claims that verse is wrong, but YOUR 'private interpurtashun' of it is.
    One can't prove the Biblical record wrong--and no interpretation is needed:

But the faith alone theology preaches a salvation through a faith without works:

James 2:26---King James Version (KJV)
    26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

dberrie2000

Originally Posted by dberrie2000 View PostI suppose you might want to ask some of the Reformers that question. Why was there a need for a Reformation--if an apostasy had not occurred?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View PostBecause (as I have pointed out to you before, but you refuse to listen to the TRUTH) the rcc, NOT CHRISTIANITY AS A WHOLE, had
    Then why didn't the Reformers and those that followed start up whole new denominations--with a different theology? Mainly--"sola fide"--faith alone:

One can't prove the Biblical record wrong--and no interpretation is needed:

But the faith alone theology preaches a salvation through a faith without works:

James 2:26---King James Version (KJV)
    26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

IOW--the faith alone preach one is saved through dead faith.